• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

He definitely does
because I was disguised as the Shiek and walked in on their meeting. She gives Kreuger the contract, and says that if it goes south he needs to kill himself, which causes Kreuger to freak out and start questioning his life choices

huh, I never had that happen to me in my 10 hours so far

Comparing Helmut's response's to 47's is pretty hilarious. Definitely worth seeing, particularly if you've already been Helmut's stand in for the meeting.

He does, I don't know what triggered it though. It was at the same time Sebastian gave his speech if that helps.

I actually think when the post-fashion show "phase" starts might be random or at least on some invisible clock.

Yeah, I know he says he'll go up after he goes up on the catwalk, that's probably why it's easily missable, because it's really late.

You can also unlock a sedative you can put into food and drinks, which will knock them out on the spot.

What is the point in the sedative anyway? I don't think anyone in this game drinks alone without any other NPCs watching them. Seems like there's no benefit at all to knocking someone out on the spot when someone else will wake them up in a few seconds.

Also the new Escalation Contracts are live.

“The Holmwood Disturbance” challenges you to eliminate Faustin D’Aoust with a firearm with wearing the vampire magician disguise. Escalations include adding an additional target, disallowing pacifications, limiting you to a single exit point and adding more security cameras.

"The Mandelbulb Requiem” gives you a contract on Michel Charest while wearing a Palace Staff disguise. Making things harder, you will eventually need to find and hack a laptop, eliminate Lance Artois while wearing a different, specific, disguise, dodge more security cameras and finally get around deadly laser tripwires throughout the palace.

What is the point in the sedative anyway? I don't think anyone in this game drinks alone without any other NPCs watching them. Seems like there's no benefit at all to knocking someone out on the spot when someone else will wake them up in a few seconds.

Maybe for a distraction? Theres gotta be a reason why there are so many poison-able drinks around.

Jintor

Damn those escalations sounds just like what was needed to shake things up

I hope that they can change stuff like lighting, time of day etc too

Foffy

Banned
The official Hitman YouTube channel just put up this video on storytelling (part 1). They say all the right things from my perspective (very encouraging), and talk about multiple seasons as well, which was news to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OivlMUTFA

Guards will just take any found weapons to the nearest "case" (those big open pelican-style cases) I think. I mostly use it as a distraction, but maybe there are some areas where weapons might be carried past a checkpoint. Good idea Jintor :)

They've implied there would be a potential second season/sequel, but that video is the first to have declared that there will be more beyond season one and its seven episodes.

Firstly, this is probably their attempt at making Hitman annual, as Square-Enix wanted this as early as 2013. Second, how they can they state these plans so publicly when they don't even know how many people will be biting for the later episodes given that most of what their own PR guys are dealing with has solely been on the negative end? I can totally see this backfiring..

Also not happy with
them confirming a cliffhanger. If the game tanks, then we're at a Mega Man Legends 2 scenario all over again.

Moff

just imagine getting hitman levels like paris every 2 months for the rest of our lives
what a time to be alive

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
just imagine getting hitman levels like paris every 2 months for the rest of our lives
what a time to be alive

Well, they said that they are doing multiple seasons for the game. Don't know if they will be able to deliver 6 levels per year but I am very open to the idea of Hitman becoming a platform that will be updated constantly with new content

Too bad that they are turning customers away with bullshit like the always online DRM

Foffy

Banned
Wait we're not getting a new map until May?

No. They've confirmed we're getting a new episode every month a few days ago. At least, that's the plan.

He's talking more about the model of Hitman becoming seasons and allowing quicker releases of sequels/content than 3+ years.

I like the idea of seasons and I hope it works out for them, but it also seems insanely ambitious given the scope and depth of the Paris level. I'm willing to bet there's going to be some delays just for this season.

Moff

Wait we're not getting a new map until May?

na the next few ones will come faster, but I doubt they will be able to keep that pace forever, after all this first season will only have 7 episodes, and the full release is in january 2017, so we won't get one every month

No. They've confirmed we're getting a new episode every month a few days ago. At least, that's the plan.

He's talking more about the model of Hitman becoming seasons and allowing quicker releases of sequels/content than 3+ years.

na the next few ones will come faster, but I doubt they will be able to keep that pace forever, after all this first season will only have 7 episodes, and the full release is in january 2017, so we won't get one every month

Oh alright thanks!

Additionally this game is great, aside from the online issues it's everything I wanted out of a hitman game.

Profanity

They've already said that the first season episodes will all be out by autumn, which seems to align with a one-per-month approach for all of them. Whether they meet that schedule is another thing entirely though.

Moff

They've already said that the first season episodes will all be out by autumn, which seems to align with a one-per-month approach for all of them. Whether they meet that schedule is another thing entirely though.

really? that's odd, not that I'd complain, but why wait until january for the full release then?

MUnited83

For you.
Afaik, first three episodes are released each month, then the other three each two months. No idea if the extra episode is planned for after the others or in between.

Ludens

Banned
I ask here because on Steam thread I had no luck. I want to play Contract or Hitman 2 on PS3, but I read they are VERY glitchy and buggy. Since I play on Professional aiming to get all silent assassin ranks, is this true? I don't want my disguise blown just because some scripts broke, it would be painfull doing missions again and again from the scratch just because the game are broken. So if they are glitchy, I can just play on Normal and that's it.

I ask here because on Steam thread I had no luck. I want to play Contract or Hitman 2 on PS3, but I read they are VERY glitchy and buggy. Since I play on Professional aiming to get all silent assassin ranks, is this true? I don't want my disguise blown just because some scripts broke, it would be painfull doing missions again and again from the scratch just because the game are broken. So if they are glitchy, I can just play on Normal and that's it.

I don't know that they're any more glitchy than the originals were (animation jank and whatnot) but I can tell you that I got the platinum trophy on each without too much trouble, difficulty notwithstanding; I'm looking at *you* Redemption at Gontranno on Pro >:O

Jito

Banned
This new Escalation mission is a lot harder than the first one, really enjoying it and glad these are going to be a weekly addition.

Profanity

That article doesn't say anything about a once a month approach though.

Not specifically, but you can infer it from the wording of up to autumn - factoring in the seventh episode throws it into winter on the two month approach. Another recent article quotes Square as stating the game will receive 'major content drops' every month until the season ends. Again that doesn't specifically say a map every month, but it seems a fairly safe bet.

MaKTaiL

I just got an email from IO asking me to take a survey. They did the same when I played the Beta. Nice to see IO is committed to listening to feedback and improving the game.

IMG_20160316_141217.jpg

EDIT

Nice!

hitman.png

Ludens

Banned
I don't know that they're any more glitchy than the originals were (animation jank and whatnot) but I can tell you that I got the platinum trophy on each without too much trouble, difficulty notwithstanding; I'm looking at *you* Redemption at Gontranno on Pro >:O

Really? I read bugs like if you take a card from behind a desk, the game glitches you on the place and you need to start the mission again. And broken AI discovering you with no reason.
Are controls like Blood Money?

Really? I read bugs like if you take a card from behind a desk, the game glitches you on the place and you need to start the mission again. And broken AI discovering you with no reason.
Are controls like Blood Money?

I didn't run into any glitches like that. The closest I would say is the broken AI in H2, but that's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

As far as controls, they aren't the same, but they're similar. Remember that Blood Money is the most recent and polished of those three entries, so H2 is the roughest around the edges as far as controls and AI, and Contracts is much closer to Blood Money with AI lenience and controls, with Blood Money being the most lenient.

Basically, in H2 running will get you shot and sneak speed is slower than dirt (also, protip: sneak button is a toggle AND a hold: tap it to toggle between sneaking and not, hold it to crouch. I didn't know this until I had beaten the game once and I wondered why I was moving too damn slow to fiber wire people), and in Contracts you can run but don't stand too close to people for too long or you risk blowing your cover, and sneak speed is increased.

Those caveats aside, I would say definitely go for it...and don't let Anathema scare you off like it did me for a long time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I just got an email from IO asking me to take a survey. They did the same when I played the Beta. Nice to see IO is committed to listening to feedback and improving the game.

there's a couple of questions about the online connectivity on there so they must be aware of the problems.

I hope they actually read the feedback because the game is so good it would be a shame if it made its way to retail like this. I don't think the general public will be as forgiving being kicked mid mission.

Anyone else kind of missing point shooting? I had a couple instances where I was alone in a room with the target and their bodyguard, would of loved the option to quickly shoot them both in a nice cinematic fashion.

Foffy

Banned

IMG_20160316_141217.jpg

I feel bad offering such negative criticisms to them, even in a survey, but I truly hope they're listening in regards to how botched the always-online bullshit is.

There's a way to make it work. Linking everything to it and punishing players unable to link is not it.

MayMay

Banned
Yess, the briefcase is important. Just filled out the survey and made sure to let them know that I want the damn briefcase lol

justjim89

Ok, anyone know where the damn
bypass thing is for the tripwires
in the new Escalation Contract? I love the mode and the idea of it, but I'm not about to play needle in a haystack looking for the damned thing.

MaKTaiL

This is what I wrote at the end of my survey:

"The most important thing you guys need to do now is fix the server issues. Like I said before, a simple fix would be to let us reconnect with the servers before booting us out to the main menu. I would love to see different time of day settings for the maps we get. Being able to set more variables for the Contract Mode (like time of day) and force people to play the way we want instead of being optional like it is now. Setting the starting place for the Contract is also really important in my opinion. I liked what you guys did with the Escalation mode, so it would be awesome to set some similar variables for the Contracts we create. For now that's it. I love that you took the time to create this survey for us and I'm really confident you guys will make this Hitman the best one ever made. Keep up the great work!"

I also said Human Shield is a must add to the game for a number of reasons.

Deadstar

what a time to be alive

This is my favorite Hitman game. I hope they can do a season 2 or 3. I want to see Russia, Germany, Africa, India. Then maybe throw in multiple locations per each geographic area. They could throw in another mission that takes place somewhere else in France.

torpet

Neo Member
I love the game so far, even though i was disappointed by the demo. some things are reilly weird though:

- no blood trails
- climbing like in assassins creed
- scripting bugs as mentioned in this thread

Kaz42

I love the game so far, even though i was disappointed by the demo. some things are reilly weird though:

I distinctly remember being able to climb up poles and stuff in Blood Money, a game that came out a year before Assassins Creed.

Jito

Banned
Anyone else having server issues? Was in the the middle of doing the new Escalation missions, was booted out to the main menu and now can't re connect.

If this is going to be a fucking weekly occurrence IO....

- no blood trails
- scripting bugs as mentioned in this thread

How is climbing a pole and shimmying down a ledge anything like assassins creed?

How did you take out Novikov?

Took out the kitchen staff (where his guard tastes the sushi), took out his guard and then finally him.

I just repeated it doing the same and unlocked silent assassin, suit only. Must've been bugged.

Edit: ^ Rat poison is not lethal. You can unlock lethal poison as a spawn option or get it from Dalia.

pahamrick

Took out the kitchen staff (where his guard tastes the sushi), took out his guard and then finally him.

I just repeated it doing the same and unlocked silent assassin, suit only. Must've been bugged.

Edit: ^ Rat poison is not lethal. You can unlock lethal poison as a spawn option or get it from Dalia.

Gotcha, thanks.

Top Bottom