• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
Took out the kitchen staff (where his guard tastes the sushi), took out his guard and then finally him.

I just repeated it doing the same and unlocked silent assassin, suit only. Must've been bugged.

Edit: ^ Rat poison is not lethal. You can unlock lethal poison as a spawn option or get it from Dalia.

weird, probably bug.
Regarding the poison, I thought the syringe that is the spawn option can't be used to actually poison a drink?

Ok, anyone know where the damn
bypass thing is for the tripwires
in the new Escalation Contract? I love the mode and the idea of it, but I'm not about to play needle in a haystack looking for the damned thing.

It probably won't be long until the bypass is found by someone but it's possible to do mission without hitting any of the wires. Just watch out for the cameras at the front entrance to the mansion when you're escaping.

Yopis

Anyone else having server issues? Was in the the middle of doing the new Escalation missions, was booted out to the main menu and now can't re connect.

If this is going to be a fucking weekly occurrence IO....

How is climbing a pole and shimmying down a ledge anything like assassins creed?

Still getting booted playing Paris. Never been able to finish. Getting old.

Jito

Banned
Still getting booted playing Paris. Never been able to finish. Getting old.

Oh right that sounds horrific, It's been fine for a few days for me, been able to play for long sessions, then got booted out today in a really bad moment.

Foffy

Banned
It probably won't be long until the bypass is found by someone but it's possible to do mission without hitting any of the wires. Just watch out for the cameras at the front entrance to the mansion when you're escaping.

You can simply disable the cameras by sabotaging the area where the recordings go in the basement, too.

Deadstar

Took out the kitchen staff (where his guard tastes the sushi), took out his guard and then finally him.

I just repeated it doing the same and unlocked silent assassin, suit only. Must've been bugged.

Edit: ^ Rat poison is not lethal. You can unlock lethal poison as a spawn option or get it from Dalia.

I don't think this is correct. You unlock a sedative but it isn't lethal poison. I think they did this because it would make it too easy if you had lethal poison all the time.

They should make a costume that makes everyone on the map suspicious. The ultimate challenge.

attachment.php

I don't think this is correct. You unlock a sedative but it isn't lethal poison. I think they did this because it would make it too easy if you had lethal poison all the time.

Really? In game pic is the same and all. That's weird.

Edit: Bernardo, maybe you have Sedative Poison Vial. Seems I was confused.

Deadstar

Really? In game pic is the same and all. That's weird.

Edit: Bernardo, maybe you have Sedative Poison Vial. Seems I was confused.

I've tried poisoning the cocktail for Victor with the sedative and it juts puts them to sleep. The same happened to the bodyguard when I poisoned the sushi. It seems like the only way to use lethal poison is to use the stuff Dalia gives you. That's what unlocked the lethal poison feat for me. Dalia went down instantly.

I've tried poisoning the cocktail for Victor with the sedative and it juts puts them to sleep. The same happened to the bodyguard when I poisoned the sushi. It seems like the only way to use lethal poison is to use the stuff Dalia gives you. That's what unlocked the lethal poison feat for me. Dalia went down instantly.

Ah okay, gotcha. Name definitely confused me as I haven't used it yet.

MUnited83

For you.

Kinda a bummer that to be able to kill Victor directly with poison you have to do the whole Kruger thing with Dalia first.

Foffy

Banned
>Finish both Escalations
>Realize both added a Feat each to the game
>Game doesn't register I completed them

What a fucking game. Not even the online-centric stuff is working right..

torpet

Neo Member
>Finish both Escalations

I can't complete some challenges of the Paris mission because they won't register. This is disappointing indeed. :(

MUnited83

For you.
Good Lord I love this game. 35 hours already. Not even a week after launch and in halfway to the total time I spent on Absolution. And there's still 6 episodes to go! So much for what people were saying that would be "not enough content. 6 episodes is way less content than Blood Money !" lol

>Finish both Escalations

I can't complete some challenges of the Paris mission because they won't register. This is disappointing indeed. :(

Don't know if this is what happened, but a lot of the feats and challenges don't seem to register if you load a save from a point after you've fulfilled the requirement for the challenge. As an example, I saved after introducing myself to Dalia as Mr. Reaper, then killed her with the silenced pistol and didn't get the challenge, but loading a save just *before* introducing myself as Mr. Reaper and continuing on to finish the level worked fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Starting at the auction lets you kill both targets suit only within a minute or two...just need to get better at the escape afterwards.

Foffy

Banned
Don't know if this is what happened, but a lot of the feats and challenges don't seem to register if you load a save from a point after you've fulfilled the requirement for the challenge. As an example, I saved after introducing myself to Dalia as Mr. Reaper, then killed her with the silenced pistol and didn't get the challenge, but loading a save just *before* introducing myself as Mr. Reaper and continuing on to finish the level worked fine.

You cannot load saves during Escalation.

Foffy

Banned
Ahh, I didn't read it right, I thought you were just referring to a regular old challenge.

Damn, that sucks man. :/

What's baffling is I got the trophy for doing a Paris Escalation. Will the fact these didn't get checked off as Feats make them not count to the Escalation unlock count?

It's like every time I play this game, there's something about the online that literally smears my interest.

Moff

now the other escalation required me to wear the palace staff disguise in the second floor
but that's the red butler outfit, right? and they are not allowed on that floor, is that correct?

justjim89

It's just frustrating because it seems like completely logic-breaking artificial difficulty. This huge event with dozens of employees moving all over the place has explosive laser tripwires all throughout the place, and yet if you knock out a security guard or employee that YOU'VE SEEN walk through the tripwires, they don't have a bypass on them. You have to find ONE placed there just for you somewhere in this huge place. I know it's a high-level difficultly mission in an optional side mode, but it just feels unfair and stupid. I can't even figure out which starting position is actually doable.

>Finish both Escalations

Yep. This happened to me when I did the Training Mission Escalation. It says I completed that feat, but after going back to the main menu it was back to unchecked. Thankfully I only had to do the Level 5 run again to get credit, but still annoying.

Had more server trouble on PS4 last night, after things were pretty smooth for a few days. Good lord, navigating through the list of challenges can be sooooo sluggish. Using the menus in general is pretty painful. I really hope they get this figured out by the next release.

MaKTaiL

It's just frustrating because it seems like completely logic-breaking artificial difficulty. This huge event with dozens of employees moving all over the place has explosive laser tripwires all throughout the place, and yet if you knock out a security guard or employee that YOU'VE SEEN walk through the tripwires, they don't have a bypass on them. You have to find ONE placed there just for you somewhere in this huge place. I know it's a high-level difficultly mission in an optional side mode, but it just feels unfair and stupid. I can't even figure out which starting position is actually doable.
Maybe they have chips implented on their skin.

Ok, anyone know where the damn
bypass thing is for the tripwires
in the new Escalation Contract? I love the mode and the idea of it, but I'm not about to play needle in a haystack looking for the damned thing.

It's in the same room as the laptop you have to hack. It also happens to be in a safe. The key to the safe is in the basement (a different one to the master key). It's entirely possible to do the mission without it. The only benefit I found was it enable me to walk out instead of having to shimmy along a ledge.

Phionoxx

Just started for the first time on PS4 and I don't have the DLC preorder items. Seems like a known issue as a result of the 1.02 patch. As best I can tell from looking at the related items tab for the game in the PS store, the items are installed but just aren't actually there in the game. Only thing to do is to wait for IO to address the issue?

MaKTaiL

It's in the same room as the laptop you have to hack. It also happens to be in a safe. The key to the safe is in the basement (a different one to the master key). It's entirely possible to do the mission without it. The only benefit I found was it enable me to walk out instead of having to shimmy along a ledge.
I played the whole Escalation Mission using the Kitchen as my starting point. There is also a device there inside the security room also inside a safe.

Jito

Banned

Eh, can you not live some unrealistic gamey elements for the sake of interesting new challenges? It's not that difficult, might require some trial and error like a lot of parts of the existing game.

I played the whole Escalation Mission using the Kitchen as my starting point. There is also a device there inside the security room also inside a safe.

How on earth did you get in there? Aren't there tripwires covering all the entrances to that room? Don't tell me the fuse box turns them off or I'll feel like a right plonker.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the Paris mission.

What are the escalation missions about?

they give you a different target and a set of rules (like, kill them with a pistol while dressed as a guard) but you have to do it 5 times and each time they add another thing you need to do that makes it more difficult.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
they give you a different target and a set of rules (like, kill them with a pistol while dressed as a guard) but you have to do it 5 times and each time they add another thing you need to do that makes it more difficult.

ooo that sounds quite cool, will try it later

MaKTaiL

How on earth did you get in there? Aren't there tripwires covering all the entrances to that room? Don't tell me the fuse box turns them off or I'll feel like a right plonker.
Only one side is covered with tripwires. I went outside and managed to enter from the other side. I destroyed the computer recording the cameras as well.

fucking bullshit how the game just kicks you out when Squeenix's servers crap out. and escalation mode doesn't even let you make manual saves.

and where the hell did my Requiem suit and explosive rubber duck go?

Top Bottom