• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
fucking bullshit how the game just kicks you out when Squeenix's servers crap out. and escalation mode doesn't even let you make manual saves.

and where the hell did my Requiem suit and explosive rubber duck go?

Escalation is literally an online-only mode.

Layers on layers of onlineception.

justjim89

Yeah, I just finished the first Paris escalation. That last level is definitely doable without the bypass, just a lot of shimmying and being careful. Started disguised in the kitchen and just went about my business. It definitely forced me to play a little differently and find a different route, but I'd say it was fair. I was just frustrated earlier because the laser tripwires outta nowhere felt like a big middle finger.

Now, to find the vampire disguise for the other escalation. I ought to be close to the chameleon achievement, since before today I'd never equipped the Sheik or regular security disguises before.

Escalations are permanent right or do they rotate?

I want to finish getting the platinum on PS4 before I attempt the Paris escalation and other contracts.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Didn't even see the tripwire when I started the fifth escalation and basically gave myself a heart attack.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Story question

Is the mystery antagonist guy (the one who shows up in the flashback scene after you complete Showstopper) the one that ordered the hit on Dalia and Viktor?

Story question

Is the mystery antagonist guy (the one who shows up in the flashback scene after you complete Showstopper) the one that ordered the hit on Dalia and Viktor?

No, the mission briefing said that MI6 ordered the hit.

This guy is an assassin that Viktor hired to kill a KGB officer, which led to his arranged meeting with a different KGB officer during the mission itself.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Story question

All he did was leak the names of IAGO to MI6. I believe

Foffy

Banned
Story question

No, MI6 did. The antagonist killed Kamarov for Viktor, which led to Viktor giving him the names as part of the deal.

Who he leaked them to is in question.

Foffy

Banned
Honestly i'm really interested to see where they take the story.

I wonder if we'll get any returning characters

They're focused on making new, main characters around 47 and Diana.

How many returning characters do they have? Mystery Man, John Smith, and Lei Ling?

Help?
Doing a new contract KILL ORDER PRIME 67305662956 whatever numbers.
Under planning, there is a section titled "Smuggled Item"
When I click into that, only one is unlocked and it's titled
"Large Agency Pickup / Basement Stairwell.

What does this even mean? I have no clue. Am I supposed to find some mysterious thing stashed somewhere in a basement stairwell or?

Loving this game but it could do a bit better job of explaining certain things.

Deadstar

Help?

What does this even mean? I have no clue. Am I supposed to find some mysterious thing stashed somewhere in a basement stairwell or?

You can stash one item in one of those locations. So even if you have five unlocked you can only choose one, then you can choose an item to stash there. If it says small agency pickup you can stash small items, if large, then sniper rifles etc. You'll see the location on your map. It looks like a U.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Help?

select the area and you'll go to the next screen where you can choose which items you want put in the box

As you raise your mastery level.

Any tips on speeding up this process? I've ran through this contract several times now, doing what I can, whatever is unlocked. The piano, helicopter, speedboat...something else. Those are all done. So far I've unlocked "start in the kitchen". Thats it lol.

And by that I mean, the only challenges I have left to do on this are "Start at x" and those aren't available yet due to my low mastery level.

Do contract mastery level points run along side with just doing the regular mission on this mansion or are they separate?

Edit: Answered on your edit. Thank you.

I have the option to get either the xbox one and ps4 version DF says the framerate on the PS4 stays well above 30 fps more often then the xbox version. Although neither dip below 30 fps. Any other concerns?

I have the option to get either the xbox one and ps4 version DF says the framerate on the PS4 stays well above 30 fps more often then the xbox version. Although neither dip below 30 fps. Any other concerns?

Between the versions, I'm not sure.

For console, PS4 still has dips but significantly less now after the patch then at launch. Biggest issue currently is the ridiculously laggy menus.

The menus come up slow, have crazy delays, sometimes don't load and in general, are an utter pain in the ass.

If the game wasn't so fantastic, I'd probably have sold it so fast just on the menus alone.

MUnited83

For you.
The device to give to the camera chick?

It's around the end with the computer setup (where the remote explosive is as well).

No, the recording equipment for the cameras of the new escalation contract.. I destroy the one in the basement and despite destroying I still lose the contract... And i can't see any recording equipment on the attic...

No, the recording equipment for the cameras of the new escalation contract.. I destroy the one in the basement and despite destroying I still lose the contract... And i can't see any recording equipment on the attic...

Oh whoops, my bad. Haven't gotten a chance to do the escalation yet unfortunately.

Between the versions, I'm not sure.

For console, PS4 still has dips but significantly less now after the patch then at launch. Biggest issue currently is the ridiculously laggy menus.

The Digital Foundry video showed it mostly sitting at 40 to 50 fps. It did drop to 31-33 fps during the heavy crowd sections in Paris but I didn't notice it dropping below that. Is it best to just lock it at 30 fps in the menu, instead of having to deal with this 45 fps average nonsense.

dreamfall

Played 2ish hours on DX12 with no problems tonight! Don't know why it was crashing so frequently before, but today was a hitch-free session. It feels way smoother- also no disconnects. Only 5 hours in, but so much to explore - I'm loving it/!

The Digital Foundry video showed it mostly sitting at 40 to 50 fps. It did drop to 31-33 fps during the heavy crowd sections in Paris but I didn't notice it dropping below that. Is it best to just lock it at 30 fps in the menu, instead of having to deal with this 45 fps average nonsense.

Lock it at 30. DF, while good, never really stresses most games I find.

With Hitman, there are plenty of locations with drops, especially day one. Current patch, everything is much smoother. But I'd lock it to 30 and forget about it. Probably much less jarring that way, unless you don't mind the heavy fluctuations.

Story question

It's possible (more below). We don't exactly know his motivations yet, but we know he's a pro and has it in for 47.

No, the mission briefing said that MI6 ordered the hit.

This guy is an assassin that Viktor hired to kill a KGB officer, which led to his arranged meeting with a different KGB officer during the mission itself.
That guy is supposed to be a master assassin. Dalia says "an assassin capable of the impossible," or something like that.
He plants evidence to make Kamarov look like a CIA mole.

All he did was leak the names of IAGO to MI6. I believe
He doesn't just get the MI6 NOC list from Viktor, he gets absolutely everything that IAGO has on everyone. We don't know which "names" he's referring to when he asks an associate to leak them; it could be the MI6 NOC list (possibly to discredit the ICA/47), or maybe something else like ICA names for example.

No, MI6 did. The antagonist killed Kamarov for Viktor, which led to Viktor giving him the names as part of the deal.

Who he leaked them to is in question.
He's pretty slick this guy. It's possible he was somehow able to pose as MI6 when placing the ICA contract; I'm not saying it's likely, just a possibility.
We don't know which names he leaked though.

All of my theories are just based on what I've seen/overheard so far. I haven't done everything in Paris yet though.

Spent way too long shimmying around the side of the building looking for a way into the sheikh's room.

I like how there's an open window where you can climb in and immediately land in front of two armed bodyguards, in case you weren't paying attention.

Spent way too long shimmying around the side of the building looking for a way into the sheikh's room.

I like how there's an open window where you can climb in and immediately land in front of two armed bodyguards, in case you weren't paying attention.

You can just walk in if you have the master key.

Jintor

Oh man how sick would it be if you could choose variations in contracts mode? Change patrol paths or locations of items...? God damn

Oh man how sick would it be if you could choose variations in contracts mode? Change patrol paths or locations of items...? God damn

This would be amazing at the end of the season. Almost a full editor to play with while they work on season 2. Would be God tier. Someone should submit that to them on the fourms.

You can just walk in if you have the master key.

Yeah, right now I go in through a window just to sneak my way to the door. This is probably horribly inefficient.

It just came to mind because the master key is always in the same place

Well, in this level you'd just take the lockpicks along or smuggle them in, right? There's a lot of redundancy and you don't need that many items in the first place.

Future levels, though...

XaosWolf

Just about to jump on the Paris escalations (2 of Em!) but wanted to mention a cool tidbit: Dahlia noticing if the guard in her room is missing is cool enough, but being able to stand in his place and her NOT make that comment is even cooler. =)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Both escalations down. Vampire one was pretty easy in the end--I think they should have forced you to exit with it as well, since otherwise swiping the bodyguard outfit off of the target before leaving the attic makes it simple(for all parts). Slide down the ladder and that outfit has close to free range access to the level.

Tackling a big level like this makes that timer bug stick out in a really shitty way though. I had a nice run of the 4th escalation of Mandelbulb but you can't get near the 210,000 people no matter how clean and quick you end up.

Jintor

Just about to jump on the Paris escalations (2 of Em!) but wanted to mention a cool tidbit: Dahlia noticing if the guard in her room is missing is cool enough, but being able to stand in his place and her NOT make that comment is even cooler. =)

WUT

THIS GAME

There has got to be a faster way to get to the second floor as a waiter in Mandelbulb than climbing around.

It seems impossible to go up the front staircase, and once you sneak up the back staircase you are surrounded by people in every direction. Has anyone worked out some kind of route through all that?

Jintor

There has got to be a faster way to get to the second floor as a waiter in Mandelbulb than climbing around.

It seems impossible to go up the front staircase, and once you sneak up the back staircase you are surrounded by people in every direction. Has anyone worked out some kind of route through all that?

Why tho? Climbing is pretty easy. Head out the back left exit (south-west side of the palace), go straight up the pole. Security will tell you to get down but won't even go on alert.

/edit wait mandelbulb?

Top Bottom