• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
I didn't even think about using coins, since he only walks by rooms with people in them. Then I randomly tried luring him into a bathroom with a coin, and it worked!

It helped that his bodyguard suddenly decided to stay in the back foyer by himself - no idea what triggered that, since it only happened after I loaded a save.

There's a bathroom next to where the staff is preparing food, and if you activate the sink at the right time, Novikov will enter it to turn it off.

Other thing you can do is wait until Novikov is on the backstage with stylists, and activate the diorama. You will have a opportunity to distract the guard with a coin and take out Novikov while the guard checks it out.

There's a bathroom next to where the staff is preparing food, and if you activate the sink at the right time, Novikov will enter it to turn it off.

Other thing you can do is wait until Novikov is on the backstage with stylists, and activate the diorama. You will have a opportunity to distract the guard with a coin and take out Novikov while the guard checks it out.

I had a weird time with using the sinks - specifically, the sheikh ignored overflowing sinks completely. He will stand in the bathroom forever after checking a radio, while the sink continues to overflow.

(This guy really hates radios (he even has dialogue for it). In another run, he even came into Dalia's bathroom to stand and stare at her radio, forever, even though I had turned it back off before he found it.)

I know about the diarama, but I couldn't get him to notice it during his post-fashion-show route.

MUnited83

For you.
Holy shit! I was doing the last level of escalation contract( the one with the mines)... all was going well, I completed all objectives just fine and avoided the mines until then...

then i go to the enter the auction room confident it wouldn't be one of the one with mines...

fucking biggest jumpscare in a while lol

XaosWolf

Anyone else feel like starting at an advanced point and still having the same leaderboard kinda cheating?

I know the devs put it there and allow it, and its great for the challenges, but for leaderboards it feels like starting a race ahead of that tricky hairpin turn a third of the way in.

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone else feel like starting at an advanced point and still having the same leaderboard kinda cheating?

I know the devs put it there and allow it, and its great for the challenges, but for leaderboards it feels like starting a race ahead of that tricky hairpin turn a third of the way in.

It's kind of a bummer, yeah. I'm not against having the same leaderboards, but the timer bonus should at least be customized for each different spawn.

Moff

I think it's ok that the mastery unlocks make it easier to get a better time
it was the same in absolution, the challenges simply added a score multplier and I thought that was good as well

but right now, the leaderboards are useless anyway

MUnited83

For you.
I think it's ok that the mastery unlocks make it easier to get a better time
it was the same in absolution, the challenges simply added a score multplier and I thought that was good as well

but right now, the leaderboards are useless anyway

The thing is that if it's like how it is now, everybody that wants to have a chance of topping the leaderboard will have to use the same exact entry point.
At least if they customize the time bonus for each one individually it promotes people taking different routes and approaches.

Moff

The thing is that if it's like how it is now, everybody that wants to have a chance of topping the leaderboard will have to use the same exact entry point.
At least if they customize the time bonus for each one individually it promotes people taking different routes and approaches.

absolutely, but there will always be a best way. even with adjusted time boni there will still be a best way, so that doesn't matter THAT much to me. what's more important to me is motivation to do all the challenges/mission mastery

Majukun

this game just refused to be played by me..i play for a couple minutes and then it kicks me out...

it's a sheme because i wanted this to be my entry point of the series since stealth isn't really my genre usually by i kept hearing good things about the hitman series

Foffy

Banned
this game just refused to be played by me..i play for a couple minutes and then it kicks me out...

it's a sheme because i wanted this to be my entry point of the series since stealth isn't really my genre usually by i kept hearing good things about the hitman series

Are you losing an online connection? You could try later, or simply fuck around offline, though the game unlocks no content for the level if you do so.

justjim89

Can't unlock the achievement for getting a high score on a contract. I just keep doing the latest ones and completing them first. Does it have to be a perfect score?

haikira

I see there're challenges that mention only wearing the suit, but with the final test, 47 starts in like a polo jumper.

I'm guessing that although the challenge name mentions the suit, since the only relevant requirement that's mentioned says "Do it all without using disguises" that it's OK, or do I need to unlock the suit somehow for the mission?

I see there're challenges that mention only wearing the suit, but with the final test, 47 starts in like a polo jumper.

I'm guessing that although the challenge name mentions the suit, since the only relevant requirement that's mentioned says "Do it all without using disguises" that it's OK, or do I need to unlock the suit somehow for the mission?

Right the first time. 'Suit Only' means the training uniform for the ICA training missions.

So for that three chefs contract, what the fuck counts as "lethal melee"? I've garrotted them, beaten them with pipes, snapped their necks, and it's still telling me I haven't completed my objectives. What am I doing wrong?

MayMay

Banned
So for that three chefs contract, what the fuck counts as "lethal melee"? I've garrotted them, beaten them with pipes, snapped their necks, and it's still telling me I haven't completed my objectives. What am I doing wrong?

Hmm that's odd, snapping their necks worked for me

Edit: What I did was knock em out with a non-lethal melee weapon and then snapped their necks while they were pacified. That somehow worked.

Just got it. Needed a screwdriver, or I presume a knife.

Scissors, letter openers, etc. will also work.

If you go into your inventory, weapons will be labeled as "lethal melee" or "non-lethal melee." Blunt objects are generally non-lethal.

Also, just beat Holmwood Disturbance. I thought this would be the harder of the two Paris escalations, but it turns out to be way easier once you unlock the attic starting point. (In Mandelbulb, still looking for a disguise that will let me search freely for the laser bypass.)

Quickly realized that all cameras can be bypassed completely just by
going down the ladder behind your starting point, going straight to grab the speedboat key, and then climbing out the window.

Moff

Scissors, letter openers, etc. will also work.

If you go into your inventory, weapons will be labeled as "lethal melee" or "non-lethal melee." Blunt objects are generally non-lethal.

Also, just beat Holmwood Disturbance. I thought this would be the harder of the two Paris escalations, but it turns out to be way easier once you unlock the attic starting point. (In Mandelbulb, still looking for a disguise that will let me search freely for the laser bypass.)

Quickly realized that all cameras can be bypassed completely just by
going down the ladder behind your starting point, going straight to grab the speedboat key, and then climbing out the window.
you can also simply shoot them, cameras are not really a problem

Meneses

I wish the AI was a bit more consistent, sometimes I take a single step into a place i'm not supposed to be and immediately get NPC reactions, and other times (like climbing the pipe and jumping up to the super-exclusive top floor's balcony) nobody cares, even the security dude staring straight at me.

I wish the AI was a bit more consistent, sometimes I take a single step into a place i'm not supposed to be and immediately get NPC reactions, and other times (like climbing the pipe and jumping up to the super-exclusive top floor's balcony) nobody cares, even the security dude staring straight at me.

I've been trying to figure out the logic. Here's my guess.

In the first case you're trespassing: people will come after you if they detect you in an area that is marked off-limits for your current disguise.

In the second case, you're engaging in strange behavior but not trespassing. I'm guessing that climbing on the side of the building has the same "trespassing" restrictions as the floor you're on at the time. (In one case, while climbing, I heard an NPC say "that's not technically illegal, but...") Strange behavior will make people come after you only if they see you doing it for long enough, so, counter-intuitively, people won't mind you climbing around if you climb out of their sight quickly.

I could be off on some of this, though.

Poisoned Nick, somehow go to the guest of honor and took his shit after a shootout (everyone forgot lol), then couldn't find time to kill the spywife so I shot her and leaped over the side of the balcony, running out at full speed. Somehow I made ot/

Interesting thought by IGN UK (Is episodic hitman a gimmick or a good thing ?)...

By delevering the game episodically, it encourage the player to replay each level and experiment instand to continue to the next level.

I think it's a pretty obvious thing.

The game went from a traditional structure and ~15 levels, to episodic structure and ~7 scenarios. In exchange of having less scenarios, they are bigger and much more replayable. Not only that, but the game has been designed around that concept of replayability: they've put too the elusive targets, the escalation mode, the varied challenges, the mastery levels that unlock new options... all it's done with the thought of the player should play several times each scenario, and by the time he is sick of it... a month will have passed and a new scenario will appear.

Moff

so, did all the achievements and reached mission mastery 20, again the mission mastery is great game design, so motivating, especially since the unlocks carry over to the other missions

I think I am done for now, and I am very happy with this game, the episodic design works really well, and I got 14 hours out of that, not bad, and I will certainly get some more challenges and of course the elusive targets

still did 100% of the challenges, i just can't stop playing this game, it's so much fun
I predicted 20 hours of gameplay, but it took me "only" 17.
still, that's a lot of fun for only the first episode.

I did my SA SO run last, with terminal velocity it was quite easy
and now I can't wait for the elusive targets and of course sapienza, I have a feeling this will be one of my favourite games ever

if I had to criticize anything, it would be that the first try to finish the mission was too easy, because of the unlimited saves and the opportunities and the visible challenges
maybe all of those should be unlocks as well and not be available from start. but in the long run it didn't really matter.
I can't stress enough how good the episodic release is for this game, all the size and content of the mission would be lost to most players (even me) if this was not episodic. but like this you really get to appreciate those huge levels.

23 hours in little over a week. I think I'm about done for the moment until that elusive target comes along. Really hope they put some kind of schedule online soon about when to expect those things. IO can work on their communication a bit better with this.

Contracts are a bit boring for me. Might also have to do with the broken leaderboards, so the scoring is all messed up.

Meneses

In the second case, you're engaging in strange behavior but not trespassing. I'm guessing that climbing on the side of the building has the same "trespassing" restrictions as the floor you're on at the time. (In one case, while climbing, I heard an NPC say "that's not technically illegal, but...") Strange behavior will make people come after you only if they see you doing it for long enough, so, counter-intuitively, people won't mind you climbing around if you climb out of their sight quickly.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but it still feels off to me.

I mean, it's a restricted area only accessible to those who are invited (or certain staff), and someone climbing the side of a building and jumping in would definitely count as a way of bypassing security.

I guess they tried to avoid the "NPCs magically know if you're allowed to be there or not" issue, but it still feels weird to me.

But it's not that big of a deal, anyway.

There's no regular poison to unlock as gear to take into the stage, right? Just the syringe? I'm trying to do a contract where it's asking me to poison someone, and want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Jintor

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but it still feels off to me.

I mean, it's a restricted area only accessible to those who are invited (or certain staff), and someone climbing the side of a building and jumping in would definitely count as a way of bypassing security.

I guess they tried to avoid the "NPCs magically know if you're allowed to be there or not" issue, but it still feels weird to me.

But it's not that big of a deal, anyway.

If I had to guess, considering it has actual reactions built in, climbing was probably intended to be automatically considered suspicious but was probably considered too punishing in playtesting.

You can do get #rekt if you do it in the wrong outfit, so it seems consistent with the normal disguise rules.

There's no regular poison to unlock as gear to take into the stage, right? Just the syringe? I'm trying to do a contract where it's asking me to poison someone, and want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Correct, but the syringe also isn't what you use for a "poison" kill. Still needs to be lethal poison in food/drink.

I did my SA SO run last, with terminal velocity it was quite easy

I'm working on that now - just got to level 20 with Terminal Velocity, but kept getting seen by the auctioneer.

Going to have to wait out the auction, I assume.

brau

Poisoned Nick, somehow go to the guest of honor and took his shit after a shootout (everyone forgot lol), then couldn't find time to kill the spywife so I shot her and leaped over the side of the balcony, running out at full speed. Somehow I made ot/

Did you stick a while to check the aftermath?

People come and clean up, and put bodies in body bags and take them away. its pretty amusing.

I really love this game.

Entry point to the game i turned off most hints and all opportunities off.. so i have an idea on what is going on, but no clue on how to link some of the tips. That, and i am discovering where things are. This game is fantastic like that.

MUnited83

For you.
Correct, but the syringe also isn't what you use for a "poison" kill. Still needs to be lethal poison in food/drink.

I'm working on that now - just got to level 20 with Terminal Velocity, but kept getting seen by the auctioneer.

Going to have to wait out the auction, I assume.

From the auction, go to the balcony across the room. Then wait as she starts her speech and takes a couple of steps forwards, and shoot the chandelier rope through the middle doors/windows. Nobody should see you this way.(subdue the guard on the left just in case if you want to guarantee you dont get spotted.

Foffy

Banned
23 hours in little over a week. I think I'm about done for the moment until that elusive target comes along. Really hope they put some kind of schedule online soon about when to expect those things. IO can work on their communication a bit better with this.

Contracts are a bit boring for me. Might also have to do with the broken leaderboards, so the scoring is all messed up.

They actually intend for these to be dropped as surprises. They do not have a present schedule, nor even an announcement of "See X on ?/?? and Y on ?/?? dates".

From the auction, go to the balcony across the room. Then wait as she starts her speech and takes a couple of steps forwards, and shoot the chandelier rope through the middle doors/windows. Nobody should see you this way.(subdue the guard on the left just in case if you want to guarantee you dont get spotted.

Oh, I did that one. I'm trying to push her without getting seen for Silent Assassin Suit Only.

Is there a way to see how many contracts I've completed so far? I feel like I've been doing them all day and I haven't gotten the "complete 10 contracts" trophy to pop.

More like fecescalation.
I don't like Escalation missions.
Do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, fuck yourself with a cactus, do the first part again, do the first part again.
I can't have fun like this. Am I doing it wrong? I should probably just get good and never have to start over.

Future Challenges will now not tell you how to complete them in specifics.

Who's hype for that?

That's actually kinda exciting. While I appreciated being able to easily figure out all (or at least most) of the challenges, and flipping through them all made for some interesting reading, I DO think that it'll pull me away from approaching Sapienza as a completionist, and let me approach it a little more naturally.

More like fecescalation.
I don't like Escalation missions.
Do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, do the first part again, fuck yourself with a cactus, do the first part again, do the first part again.
I can't have fun like this. Am I doing it wrong? I should probably just get good and never have to start over.

honestly, the escalation missions really irritated me by the time I got to stage 3 or 4, I could never get them all in one go. I pretty much need to break it up by doing a coujple of the levels of the escalation, then switching to a standard contract or do a challenge for the story hit or something.

Jintor

oh i always go a different escalation or i mix it up with an escalation then a challenge or something

variety is the spice of life, baby

Top Bottom