• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The one time I did it the auctioneer wasn't looking, but perhaps i dilly-dallied and the auctioneer wasn't there anymore at that time.

Finally did it, and the timing is weird. I had to check the wiki on this one - it says to push as soon as she starts talking (meaning, effectively as soon as she gets in position next to the balcony).

Push just a couple of seconds later and the entire auction will see you do it. Push after she stops talking and only the auctioneer will see you do it. ("A white male! He was dressed for success!")

I feel like this is just pure trial and error.

And I've found that I have no problems with redoing the escalations over and over again - but then I play all stealth games like this anyway. Constant retries.

justjim89

Some speculation on the story, I suspect one of the last missions will involve
taking out the unnamed rival assassin seen in the trailer and Paris cutscene, and Soders who it turns out he was working for.
Not exactly a bold prediction or plot, for that matter, just throwing it out there. I'll see you all in December to find out if I'm right.

Foffy

Banned
Some speculation on the story, I suspect one of the last missions will involve
taking out the unnamed rival assassin seen in the trailer and Paris cutscene, and Soders who it turns out he was working for.
Not exactly a bold prediction or plot, for that matter, just throwing it out there. I'll see you all in December to find out if I'm right.

The game will end on a cliffhanger, and IO confirmed this.

Season 2 seems to be something they're certain on being a thing.

justjim89

The game will end on a cliffhanger, and IO confirmed this.

Season 2 seems to be something they're certain on being a thing.

That's true, hmmm. Then that twist I mentioned will be the cliffhanger.

Also, we will save Agent Smith in this game.

I hope the story actually shows the broader geopolitical effects of assassinations of powerful figures.

If this game really is about shaping the world (as that guy talked about in the Legacy trailer), then maybe you eventually need to track down the remaining IAGO files before they can be used to destabilize the global economy or balance of power. But the guy himself will get away in the end as a lead-in to next season.

Jintor

man it's really relaxing to play this as the sloppiest hitman imaginable.

ALSO

people won't look up even if you've literally just pulled a body off a ledge RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I tossed Knight's guard out a window in front of a dude and the dude goes "Man, this place is having a tonne of accidents these days" (granted they're all actors or something in your training level... even though I just tossed a guy out a wind- I don't know.)

Randdalf

I 100%'ed Paris yesterday, had to look up online how to trigger an evacuation
you need to examine the document in the security room in order to make Novikov's guard drop his phone

Has anyone figured out how to get Novikov cleanly in a SASO run? I know a strategy to get Margolis with no repercussions for guards etc. but I can't figure out a way of getting Novikov without at least taking out his guard or exploiting the AI in some way that feels like you're cheating the system.

I 100%'ed Paris yesterday, had to look up online how to trigger an evacuation
you need to examine the document in the security room in order to make Novikov's guard drop his phone

Has anyone figured out how to get Novikov cleanly in a SASO run? I know a strategy to get Margolis with no repercussions for guards etc. but I can't figure out a way of getting Novikov without at least taking out his guard or exploiting the AI in some way that feels like you're cheating the system.
I think the best way is to use rat poison, but I can't remember if I succeeded with it during my runs.
Poison the food in the room behind the bar where the two waiters are. The bodyguard will get sick and leave Novikov alone. You can also poison Sebastian, so Novikov goes on stage alone and drop the light rig on him. Don't know if that last one can be done suit only, the room is pretty busy.

Randdalf

I think the best way is to use rat poison, but I can't remember if I succeeded with it during my runs.
Poison the food in the room behind the bar where the two waiters are. The bodyguard will get sick and leave Novikov alone. You can also poison Sebastian, so Novikov goes on stage alone and drop the light rig on him. Don't know if that last one can be done suit only, the room is pretty busy.

That's basically the way I was thinking in my head, but I don't know how long the bodyguard is sick for, and if he'll just return to following Novikov about.

Echoplx

That's basically the way I was thinking in my head, but I don't know how long the bodyguard is sick for, and if he'll just return to following Novikov about.

Trigger an alarm and you can get him on his way to the safe room, or once he's in the safe room lure him out with a coin.

EDIT: woops misunderstood the question

Jito

Banned
So we're not getting an elusive target this week? Thought they'd be well on the ball with updating the live content.

BibiMaghoo

Is there a list of Paris opportunities anywhere that isn't a 40 minute video? I have no idea which ones I have left to discover for the trophy.

Aside from just
poisoning Novikov himself and following him into the bathroom
, wouldn't
the "In Seine" route (set up a push into the river)
also work?

But in the In Seine route needs for the meeting to be arranged, and you need a CICADA guard suit for that, and I don't think there is a spare suit in all the scenario, so that means you can't do it in a clean SASO.

Bliddo

Loving the game, but the constant loading between menus is killing all my enjoyment. It's like browsing a website on a 56k connection. I can't believe they tested this and said "yeah, that's fine, ship it".

Finally finished the tutorial with no disconnects until I started Paris and was hit by 5 disconnects in a row.

Great...I was really getting into the game too.

All completed missions.

most definitely not in 1 run
across, but I think you need to finish a mission after you wore a disguise for it to count

Thanks, I think what was holding me up is the outfit you start in, doesn't count for the challenge. It only counts if you change into it.

I actually just ended up doing it all in 1 run cause I couldn't figure out what I missed. I think all I was missing was the cook.

Double D

I had 4 assassination challenges left, terminal velocity and basically the 3 silent assassin ones. I started right by the fireworks detonator and grabbed it. Then knocked out an auction staff member, took his disguise and hid the body. Went up to the balcony and basically completed 'terminal velocity'. When I escaped it fulfilled all remaining challenges (suit only, etc).

So I guess that's that. Onto the escalation stuff.

Randdalf

Aside from just
poisoning Novikov himself and following him into the bathroom
, wouldn't
the "In Seine" route (set up a push into the river)
also work?

If you can figure a way to rat poison nobikov directly...

Terminal Velocity. Too easy.

Sorry, I should have clarified: this is for Suit Only, Silent Assassination, although perhaps I was under the false impression that you needed to hide the bodies for that particular challenge?

Moff

Sorry, I should have clarified: this is for Suit Only, Silent Assassination, although perhaps I was under the false impression that you needed to hide the bodies for that particular challenge?

if it's an accident, you do not need to hide the bodies for either SA or SO SA

justjim89

Mastery level 20, all achievements done except completing all the Paris opportunities, 19 hours in so far. For the opportunities, do you have to follow every step for them to count? Because I feel like I've done most of them at this point, if maybe out of order or skipping steps. I've only seen the beginning prompt for maybe three of them.

Maybe they are. What contracts are available on the Highlighted section? They should be the same.

The Featured section has had the same nine contracts for a while ("Do Me I Dare You," the three chefs, the two guards at the entrance, etc.), but I went through the entire Latest Contracts section and didn't find the one you're talking about.

I assume Square Enix can publish contracts for all platforms, but users might not be able to.

MaKTaiL

The Featured section has had the same nine contracts for a while ("Do Me I Dare You," the three chefs, the two guards at the entrance, etc.), but I went through the entire Latest Contracts section and didn't find the one you're talking about.

I assume Square Enix can publish contracts for all platforms, but users might not be able to.

The Latest Contracts refresh everytime a new contract is published. I played the one on the video this afternoon. You would never find it now. That's something IO needs to work on, the ability to search contracts by name, rate contracts with stars, etc.

Echoplx

just created a contract called sheik'en but not stirred on the pc. suit only, fiber wire, don't be spotted.

feels good man

2easy

l2cZlVi.jpg

Are contracts cross platform?

I assumed not, but I can't actually find confirmation anywhere. The sheik contract from the end of the last page should still be in "Latest Contracts" as of right now, if it's on your platform at all.

I found the six-minute run easily, but screwed up and got spotted while trying to leave. Clearly there's an even faster route, but this contract might not be there anymore when I come back to try it again tomorrow.

Top Bottom