• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm as sick of moaning about it as you guys are of seeing it, but three disconnections in roughly fifteen minutes is pretty ridiculous. I literally couldn't get past picking up the coins on Freeform training yesterday.

Moff

I'm as sick of moaning about it as you guys are of seeing it, but three disconnections in roughly fifteen minutes is pretty ridiculous. I literally couldn't get past picking up the coins on Freeform training yesterday.

I don't know why you still do that to yourself
wait for a fix and enjoy the game the way it's meant to be enjoyed, not like this

Travis (IO Community Manager) posted this on the Hitman subreddit earlier today:

Confirmation: There will be 7 episodes in total.

Paris/Prologue is Episode 1. Sapienza will be episode 2.

We've also confirmed the other locations; Marrakesh, Thailand, USA and Japan. Those are the six locations that will be in the game. The seventh episode is therefore not a new location and more information about it will be forthcoming.

So this new episode 7 being added onto the original 6 episode plan, plus their statement that the season will end (originally) with a cliffhanger, I guess we can make a reasonable guess that
Soders is the real bad guy and we'll be returning to the ICA facility from the prologue in episode 7.

Travis (IO Community Manager) posted this on the Hitman subreddit earlier today:

So this new episode 7 being added onto the original 6 episode plan, plus their statement that the season will end (originally) with a cliffhanger, I guess we can make a reasonable guess that
Soders is the real bad guy and we'll be returning to the ICA facility from the prologue in episode 7.

Yo, I'd be *totally* cool with that. Dude was a class A prick from day one.

No amount of complaining wouid be enough. This is straight up unplayable for me in its current state. The whole thing is put together like it came from a world where the internet and games never crossed paths before.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why you still do that to yourself
wait for a fix and enjoy the game the way it's meant to be enjoyed, not like this

Well, technically I can't enjoy it the way it was "meant" to be enjoyed ;)

Don't get me wrong, I've played through the game offline and I love it. I've clocked about 13 hours, of which maybe 15-20 minutes has been online. I'm loathe to delve too deep because I'll just have to do it all again (not that I can even tell what I would need to do to fully complete it because all the conditions are locked behind the online wall).

I'd like to try some alternate routes out (great addition, if you ask me). I'd like to try out sniping targets from the tower. I'd like to look at my blinking stats. I'd like to work out and complete all the challenges.

No amount of complaining wouid be enough. This is straight up unplayable for me in its current state. The whole thing is put together like it came from a world where the internet and games never crossed paths before.

It's all I seem to do these days. I'm usually fairly positive when it comes to games. :D

Foffy

Banned

You have every right to complain.

You spent money on a game that unless connected to the internet, is quite literally a coaster.

mattp

wait
so if we only went in for the 15 dollar starter pack, are you telling me the full game is gonna cost 75 bucks, now? 10 bucks per episode. 15 + (10 x 6)

Don't feel bad, unless we raise a stink about this it's not going to change.

mattp

I'm sure there's a full upgrade option unless if SE got rid of that.

hrm, there's an upgrade. but man, what the fuck. the whole reason i only put in 15 was so i wouldnt have to pay up front, and the 5 dollar difference was small enough that i didnt mind eating it

but now it seems like i have 2 options. pay up front for the 50 dollar upgrade. which means i spent 65 bucks AND paid ahead of time

or buy episode by episode, which means it's gonna cost me 75 total at the end, assuming they're still 10 bucks per episode

edit: and the upgrade on the psn store currently says "Purchase the HITMAN Upgrade Pack (episodes 2-6)"

pahamrick

hrm, there's an upgrade. but man, what the fuck. the whole reason i only put in 15 was so i wouldnt have to pay up front, and the 5 dollar difference was small enough that i didnt mind eating it

but now it seems like i have 2 options. pay up front for the 50 dollar upgrade. which means i spent 65 bucks AND paid ahead of time

or buy episode by episode, which means it's gonna cost me 75 total at the end, assuming they're still 10 bucks per episode

edit: and the upgrade on the psn store currently says "Purchase the HITMAN Upgrade Pack (episodes 2-6)"

It's also possible that episode 7 will be combined with episode 6, like how the prologue/tutorial area was included with episode 1 / Paris.

brau

So when is Sapiensa out?

also.. when are Elusive targets coming to pc?

Already 14 hrs into the game and i still think of ways to tackle challenges. So much fun.

Here's something- this guy claims blocking the metrics server increased his stability (bottom comment):
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/4bajvn/why_does_square_enix_use_its_own_servers_if_they/

I hear a lot of people calling the online connection "DRM" but I think this proves they're only incentivising online play just to collect data to help them develop later episodes. The need for a constant internet connection still seems ridiculously heavy handed, why not just collect metrics only if the user is online?

I feel like starting a petition for a proper offline mode, but maybe that's kind of pathetic. :p

brau

So i guess my question is wrong since Elusive Targets are just time sensitive but also you only get one chance to get them.

Super interesting. Has there been an elusive target on pc yet?

Moff

So i guess my question is wrong since Elusive Targets are just time sensitive but also you only get one chance to get them.

no, not on any platform so far

I just want to say that when this was first announced I thought turning Hitman episodic was real stupid. 21 hours later, I don't think I've ever played and experimented on a single Hitman level (or any Hitman game) as much as this one. From completing all the challenges to the escalations, its been a blast. I really hope all the levels are like this.

Also they do need an online solution, I've been lucky to only be disconnected once but they really need to sort this out.

So when is Sapiensa out?

also.. when are Elusive targets coming to pc?

No official launch date for Episode II yet but they seems to be aiming for monthly instalments on the episodes.

Elusive Targets will not get an official announcement as to when they're coming because they want it to feel like one could pop up any time. Initially they sad we'd see the first one within 10 days of launch (which ends today) but it's safe to say we'll see a delay on that until they can sort out these connections issues.

The whole idea of these targets is that you only get one shot in the 48 hour window to complete them (and unlock the special rewards that comes with that after X number of them) and if people could be kicked from the mission in the first 2 minutes and lose the contract forever then the whole thing comes falling down.

I played for 12 hours, and for now I had 0 problems with the Internet connection.

I have to ask, to the people who so many disconnects:
-Are you playing on pc or ps4?
-wifi or wired?
-adsl or fiber?
-Is your connection flaky? are you in the country or in a city?

MaKTaiL

I played for 12 hours, and for now I had 0 problems with the Internet connection.

I have to ask, to the people who so many disconnects:
-Are you playing on pc or ps4?
-wifi or wired?
-adsl or fiber?
-Is your connection flaky? are you in the country or in a city?
- PS4
- Wired
- ADSL
- Brazil in urban area

Never had a problem with the servers. Played for about 20h so far. I did have a friend with problems though so I asked him to change his DNS to the Google one and he never had problems anymore.

Jintor

I'm really not sure why anyone doubted hitmans suitability to the episodic model. Every hitman game besides absolution was already basically just a series of puzzle boxes...

I was more worried after absolution whether they would deliver. They really fooled me with that game. The Chinatown demo video they released in particular

I'm really not sure why anyone doubted hitmans suitability to the episodic model. Every hitman game besides absolution was already basically just a series of puzzle boxes...

I was more worried after absolution whether they would deliver. They really fooled me with that game. The Chinatown demo video they released in particular

I've replayed some of Absolution and I there are a lot more traditional Hitman style levels than I remembered. The Chinatown level isn't bad at all, especially in the second stage where you have three targets. Playing through it, I realized I don't even hate the idea of a Hitman game where assassinations are broken up by linear stealth-em-up sequences, it's just that the balance is simply bad in Absolution. (Not to mention the problems with the disguise mechanic and all the other bad decisions.)

brau

No official launch date for Episode II yet but they seems to be aiming for monthly instalments on the episodes.

Elusive Targets will not get an official announcement as to when they're coming because they want it to feel like one could pop up any time. Initially they sad we'd see the first one within 10 days of launch (which ends today) but it's safe to say we'll see a delay on that until they can sort out these connections issues.

The whole idea of these targets is that you only get one shot in the 48 hour window to complete them (and unlock the special rewards that comes with that after X number of them) and if people could be kicked from the mission in the first 2 minutes and lose the contract forever then the whole thing comes falling down.

that is a big potential issue. absolutely. I would not even dare to try one if that was the case, and that sucks.

have there been any followups to the connection issues? i know i asked this a few days ago... but there has not been any updates addressing that, and the update that did go live got rid of some rewards.

They're time sensitive? That's pretty lame, no time to plan your kill then. Better just run in, murder, run out.

that is a big potential issue. absolutely. I would not even dare to try one if that was the case, and that sucks.

have there been any followups to the connection issues? i know i asked this a few days ago... but there has not been any updates addressing that, and the update that did go live got rid of some rewards.

No word from them yet.

They're time sensitive? That's pretty lame, no time to plan your kill then. Better just run in, murder, run out.

The contract itself is only available for 48 hours but once you've started it there's no timer or anything like that. If you quit it's gone for good though.

brau

You get one shot. I am not sure what the time frame of the target is within the world. But from the videos they have on the website they sounds very interesting.

You get to know more of the character, there are interactions and story to go with it, and you can take out the target in a number of ways. But its up to you when to take action. Its like the ultimate test where you know the setting but you don't know the target so you are forced to be resourceful and what not. At least thats what is sounds like.

https://hitman.com/news/talking-hitman-elusive-targets

MaKTaiL

They will be available for 48h. You will have plenty of time to study the target. Running and gunning will not be so simple though. They won't show up on the radar. You will spend a lot of time figuring out where the target is and you have to keep an eye on him at all times or you might lose him.

Are you on PC or console? I had some problems during the first 2-3 days when the game was released but haven't had a disconnect problem since then. Maybe I'm just lucky. What kind of connection do you have? Have you had NAT problems with other games?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Are you on PC or console? I had some problems during the first 2-3 days when the game was released but haven't had a disconnect problem since then. Maybe I'm just lucky. What kind of connection do you have? Have you had NAT problems with other games?

I'm pretty sure it's a widespread problem. IO have acknowledged it on Twitter.

I'm on a PS4 in the UK. I have (up to) 50 Meg broadband connection. I realise it doesn't hit that top end, but speed tests have all been pretty high. I've played lots of MGO3, co-oped on Bloodborne, played a few Nidhogg tournaments and a few rounds of Deathmatch in GTA:O since release with nary an issue. Honestly, until this business with their servers I haven't had any notable internet issues.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've had zero disconnection issues in Canada East on Xbox for the roughly ~20 hours spent since launch.

t-ramp

I've had zero disconnection issues in Canada East on Xbox for the roughly ~20 hours spent since launch.
I'm in the US on PC, and it's been solid here too. I did have a couple drops a few days ago, but I'm almost certain that's due to my apartment internet being especially horrible at those moments.

It also took me a while to realize I could just save whenever, since I've been playing Absolution on Purist recently and forgot saving in Hitman was a thing...

I've only had one mid-game disconnection on PS4 in Sydney, Australia, and that was on launch weekend, although I had the game fail to connect to the servers when starting it up during that launch weekend, and had to force it to retry a few times. It's been fine since then; either IO beefed up PS4 server infrastructure to cope with larger than expected PS4 load, or PS4 players got the shits and stopped playing. Hopefully it's the former.

Foffy

Banned
"Oh look. That guy has the same name as a dude on NeoGAF. Weird."

*whistles to himself*

I am not a smart man. /smh

It's okay. I guess it should speak volumes on how much of a Hitman mark I am.

You can probably count all of the places I visit and post on the internet with one hand. :p

MaKTaiL

New Blog Post: New Escalations, news on Elusive Targets and the Vampire Magician Challenge Pack

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187999

- Two new Escalation Missions will be available later today, 2 new ones every week until the next Episode arrives;
- The first Elusive Target will be delayed until the server issues are resolved, will be close to Episode 2 release;
- Vampire Magician Challenge Pack will include 10 new challanges where you will have to use the Magician disguise inspired by community activity, releasing next week with the patch (free for everyone);
- New patch coming soon with lots of fixes, patch notes will be posted on the forum when the time comes;
- Release date for Episode 2 will come next week.

Moff

they are adding challenges? themed ones even?
very cool
and 2 escalations every week is great as well

can't wait for the elusives, though

Top Bottom