• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Pit

New Blog Post: New Escalations, news on Elusive Targets and the Vampire Magician Challenge Pack

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187999

- Two new Escalation Missions will be available later today, 2 new ones every week until the next Episode arrives;
- The first Elusive Target will be delayed until the server issues are resolved, will be close to Episode 2 release;
- Vampire Magician Challenge Pack will include 10 new challanges where you will have to use the Magician disguise inspired by community activity, releasing next week with the patch (free for everyone);
- New patch coming soon with lots of fixes, patch notes will be posted on the forum when the time comes;
- Release date for Episode 2 will come next week.

Anything about performance?

brau

Woots. just in time. I'm about to be done with the escalations that are available. I still need to get all the mastery in Paris tho.

Moff

damn I missed the info about "elusive close to episode 2 release"
so I guess they have no idea how to fix the servers

I want the elusives :(

I like what I'm hearing about these new escalations. I have another 6 or so assassination challenges to complete in Paris and then I've done all the challenges so far, so the Vampire Magician pack should be fun.

I'm starting to get a little worn out on Paris, so I'm hoping these escalations help mix it up for me. I also think I need to get on some more of the other contracts, just doing random user contracts to keep things interesting.

I've essentially gotten to the point where I have Dalia and Viktor's routines mapped out in my damn sleep.

Jintor

if this choose your hit campaign is what i think it is they're gonna start asking celebrities if people can virtually murder them in-game

awesome

Mifec

No Dunkey Roll :(

Glad to see they're holding off on Elusive Targets until the servers are sorted. At the very least it shows they're aware that these issues are in direct conflict with one of the cornerstones of their 'live experience' release method.

No Squirrel PIZZA PARTY either :(

Need some advice! Thinking about jumping into Hitman, but can't decide on platform. My PC is a 3rd gen i5, GTX 670, 8gb RAM - should I get it there or XBOX One? My preference is PC, but only if my PC can handle performance at medium or above at 60fps.

Any impressions about how this game works with Steam Controller?

Do escalation contracts expire or go away? Or are all of these escalation contracts I keep reading about available indefinitely once released?

Pretty badly.

If you set the right pad to mouse like joystick, the right stick camera is no where near sensitive enough, none of the community profiles seem to fix it and max'ing it out in your own profile isn't enough. I can't seem to find a setting in game to address it

If you set it to mouse and the other buttons as a gamepad, the on screen prompts continuously cycle from keyboard buttons to controller buttons, depending on which button you hit last

I got frustrated and switched to my xbox one controller personally, which works great

t-ramp

Need some advice! Thinking about jumping into Hitman, but can't decide on platform. My PC is a 3rd gen i5, GTX 670, 8gb RAM - should I get it there or XBOX One? My preference is PC, but only if my PC can handle performance at medium or above at 60fps.

Do escalation contracts expire or go away? Or are all of these escalation contracts I keep reading about available indefinitely once released?
I have a 2500K (at 4.5GHz, I think) and a GTX 950, and at these settings I get 40-60 FPS most of the time. Which is actually perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned.

8kxE5Dh.png

The game does block higher texture settings for cards at 2GB VRAM, though. It looks good enough, although never truly impressive.

Regarding escalation contracts, I think those are permanent, but I could be wrong.

Foffy

Banned
this is rly good overall but holy shit is the music terrible, absolution's soundtrack wasn't kyd level but it was at least functional.

I dunno. I quite like the spy-esque music when you're sneaking about and stuff.

Then there's the music in that recent Gary video, which is totally Silent Assassin jazz.

Moff

how am I supposed to beat up the model in the escalation with so many people around? does she move? can she be lured away?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
New Blog Post: New Escalations, news on Elusive Targets and the Vampire Magician Challenge Pack

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187999

- Two new Escalation Missions will be available later today, 2 new ones every week until the next Episode arrives;
- The first Elusive Target will be delayed until the server issues are resolved, will be close to Episode 2 release;
- Vampire Magician Challenge Pack will include 10 new challanges where you will have to use the Magician disguise inspired by community activity, releasing next week with the patch (free for everyone);
- New patch coming soon with lots of fixes, patch notes will be posted on the forum when the time comes;
- Release date for Episode 2 will come next week.

Travis also posted a little later:

We want that update out ASAP because it will improve load times and connection stability, along with other general improvements - including the Requiem items that have gone missing for some players.

We're also working on a (separate) major update for April, which we hope will put an end to any connection issues. All of that is in the pipeline before Sapienza. There will of course be weekly Escalations as promised and we'll be refreshing the Featured Contracts as well after Easter too. Basically, we're not going to stop until there's a smooth experience for everyone. The next big talking point from us will be the Sapienza release date, which you'll have next week after the Easter break.

Awesome. I really hope they can deliver.

Then they can start fixing offline :)

I don't want to kill either of those legends!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be interested to see what they do with the connection issues. It's actually been a lot better lately but the times it does go wrong are still terrible. tbh I'd settle for a "retry connection" button at this point.

is it just me or is the sound mixing on 47's voice way too loud

The mixing in general is really awkward in places. I like how the fashion show music is louder or more muffled depending on where you are and where the camera is situated, but the conversation between
Dalia and 47 when he introduces himself as Mr. Reaper is REALLY weird.

Edit: shit, just saw you spoilered that too. spoil'd.

MaKTaiL

Great news everyone. Travis, one of the IOI Devs, just posted a preview of what we can expect from the patch coming in a few days:

Travis_IO said:
We want that update out ASAP because it will improve load times and connection stability, along with other general improvements - including the Requiem items that have gone missing for some players.

We're also working on a (separate) major update for April, which we hope will put an end to any connection issues. All of that is in the pipeline before Sapienza. There will of course be weekly Escalations as promised and we'll be refreshing the Featured Contracts as well after Easter too. Basically, we're not going to stop until there's a smooth experience for everyone. The next big talking point from us will be the Sapienza release date, which you'll have next week after the Easter break.

Source: http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/new-bl...d-the-vampire-magician-challenge-pack/5494/35

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, didn't see your post up there. I saw the dev comment and rushed here to post it too. I was on my phone at work so I had to post it fast, hahaha. Anyway, it is good to reinforce the news.

For sure. It's also good that they acknowledged it beyond "we're working on it". :D A timeframe - even a vague one - is very heartening. I'm glad that they delayed the Elusive stuff too. Whether it was down to the server issues or not, it shows a bit of solidarity with the userbase.

My only concern is they're hoping this will overshadow the offline functionality requests....

MaKTaiL

For sure. It's also good that they acknowledged it beyond "we're working on it". :D A timeframe - even a vague one - is very heartening. I'm glad that they delayed the Elusive stuff too. Whether it was down to the server issues or not, it shows a bit of solidarity with the userbase.

My only concern is they're hoping this will overshadow the offline functionality requests....
I'm guessing the big update for April will move some things to Offline Mode and the first Elusive Target will come soon after that. The way it would work is that, once we are online, the game would download all the contracts/elusive/escalation/challenges information to the console to be used offline. I hope so.

The stats tracking in this game is terrible. It barely tracks anything. Particularly annoying when I want to know how many contracts I need to do to pop the trophy.

Murkas

how am I supposed to beat up the model in the escalation with so many people around? does she move? can she be lured away?

I just threw coins and other items near her and lured her in the corner with the dumpster.

There's a few stage crew there that you may need to KO and hide.

brau

I just threw coins and other items near her and lured her in the corner with the dumpster.

There's a few stage crew there that you may need to KO and hide.

i blew up the canister and got her when she ran away. Still to figure out how to do it without the body being found.

i blew up the canister and got her when she ran away. Still to figure out how to do it without the body being found.

I guess it looks like you either blow up the canister or knock out everyone in the surrounding area, but neither way feels elegant. Maybe it would be faster to create an explosion nearby as a quicker distraction.

Osterman was a nice and quick one, though. The lasers didn't even really matter.

MUnited83

For you.
I guess it looks like you either blow up the canister or knock out everyone in the surrounding area, but neither way feels elegant. Maybe it would be faster to create an explosion nearby as a quicker distraction.

Osterman was a nice and quick one, though. The lasers didn't even really matter.

Yeah, osterman was super easy lol

ArjanN

The stats tracking in this game is terrible. It barely tracks anything. Particularly annoying when I want to know how many contracts I need to do to pop the trophy.

Yeah, I was looking for that one too, it's not really a big deal as you only need to do 10 and there's always people making lazy / test ones ones where you can shoot a guy right at the start and exit in like a minute.

Foffy

Banned
According to this video, apparently a lot of Sapienza got leaked.

FIVE missions? I can personally confirm the targets named for the first mission are 100% legit, as they came from a leaked briefing video.

MUnited83

For you.

FIVE missions? I can personally confirm the targets named for the first mission are 100% legit, as they came from a leaked briefing video.

Holy shit, 5 missions? GODDAMN. So much for the "lack of content" some people like to claim :p

Profanity

Interesting, very nice. Willing to bet though that the final three targets are elusives or something for the map, since they're single targets and share themed codenames.

sn00zer

I like this game a lot, but funny enough have zero desire to replay levels. Felt really great as a one and done, especially with the freedom since I essentially chose "my" path.

justjim89

Five missions sounds like an optimistic estimation. I'd love it, but I'll believe it when I see it. Would it just be five hits taking place in the same sandbox?

Foffy

Banned
Five missions sounds like an optimistic estimation. I'd love it, but I'll believe it when I see it. Would it just be five hits taking place in the same sandbox?

There's been some implications of an area set away from the location from the Sapienza trailer. The Season Premiere trailer showed it off.

Maybe 47 kills someone there, and then uses a plane to get to the main island?

Jintor

I like this game a lot, but funny enough have zero desire to replay levels. Felt really great as a one and done, especially with the freedom since I essentially chose "my" path.

I usually take my first 'blind' playthrough as 'canon' and everything after that is just for lulz and challenges

There's been some implications of an area set away from the location from the Sapienza trailer. The Season Premiere trailer showed it off.

Maybe 47 kills someone there, and then uses a plane to get to the main island?

I see the plane you're talking about, but it looks like it's an escape route.

It looks like the laboratory will be accessed through some kind of underground tunnel?

Top Bottom