• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
I see the plane you're talking about, but it looks like it's an escape route.

It looks like the laboratory will be accessed through some kind of underground tunnel?

Probably. It seems they've shown us nothing beyond the first three locations of the game, reveal trailer included.

The area with the tunnel is likely Sapienza.

I think there's a better option for Gemini Fiasco. There's a sequence of events that goes: Sato argues with Novikov -> Sato goes outside and rants to the model -> they both go back in and then she goes back out again. While she's inside you can toss a coin to lure her behind some boxes.

Starting as a stylist should immediately trigger the Sato argument, giving you just enough time to run off and deal with Kruger. Right now the problem is that I actually can't get it to even trigger reliably.

sapienza leaks
confused about the "5 missions"
could only be features contracts

Well they did say some time before episode 1 that
the larger levels allowed for multiple missions in the same area, changing up the 'rules' (time of day, events etc.) with each new mission to make them feel separate and not like standard 'Contracts'.

Foffy

Banned
sapienza leaks
confused about the "5 missions"
could only be features contracts

I think the first three missions cited are regular missions. The first two are clearly focused on the organization emphasized in the location, but I have a feeling the third might involve the actor mentioned. We knew as early as the Alpha that the post-Paris location had something to do with killing someone on a set.

New trailer looks good! Just waiting for them to announce patch to make everything work offline then I'll give them money... Hopefully by the time the disc release in Jan '17!

Yeah, I hope that update comes this week. I'm getting real sick of being booted to the main menu when my eyes even grace the start screen, or after finishing a mission and not earning shit for it.

KORNdoggy

Well they did say some time before episode 1 that
the larger levels allowed for multiple missions in the same area, changing up the 'rules' (time of day, events etc.) with each new mission to make them feel separate and not like standard 'Contracts'.

this would be good. i was hoping that would be the case for Paris. that both targets would be completely separate missions. maybe set in daytime and evening, with different AI patterns and layouts. one with the fashion show in effect and the other while it's a museum tour or something... just to to make them feel like 2 stand-alone target missions rather then a singular one.

Jintor

a night party with different crowds would be ace

i think vision is LoS and range only right? Darkness doesn't affect it?

Jintor

Oh yeah, the museum in a non #rekt state for the show would be nice.

More opportunities to smash and grab stuff. I didn't even know there was a
sabre
until the game told me to grab one

Don't know if I'm just thick for not noticing sooner but the runway of the Paris fashion show is actually in an outdoor courtyard with a fake roof over the top of it.

KORNdoggy

Don't know if I'm just thick for not noticing sooner but the runway of the Paris fashion show is actually in an outdoor courtyard with a fake roof over the top of it.

yup. i noticed when i got to the light fitting. i was confused why there were massive holes at each end (thought it was a glitch) but realized the roof was canvas.

doorframe

Neo Member
Is the extremely slow UI/menus and long loading times because of requirement to always be connected online? Or is fundamentally like this? (On PS4 btw)

Sorry if this question has already been gone through several times, I haven't read through the thread and haven't been able to keep up with news since the game has come out.

Interfectum

Anyone else think the menus in this game are terrible? I'm not talking about the slowness (which is bad) but they are just not intuitive at all.

KORNdoggy

Anyone else think the menus in this game are terrible? I'm not talking about the slowness (which is bad) but they are just not intuitive at all.

it reminds me of the Xbox One UI, so yeah, i agree. it's weird. things that you'd think would be quick access are at the end of multiple navigation moves and button presses.

They seem to have designed it with 6+ episodes worth of content in mind, so at this point the whole thing is a massive hassle to navigate when you're dealing with so little content.

You know where I'd like to set a Hitman level...?

On a Boeing 747. Mid flight.

Call it: Passenger 47.

That would be a pretty small sandbox. I would rather say place it in an airport, with the plane still on the runway. Take out the target before he boards the plane, or setup a kill that would happen after the plane took off.

"Don't bother my friend, he is dead tired."

11372180_1605370803051456_264285586_n.jpg

Yeah. The menu's aren't the greatest. Say what you will about Absolution, it did have a pretty cool menu and was better to navigate.
https://youtu.be/GZldAkPgttE

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That would be a pretty small sandbox.

It would make a nice change from the mega-sandboxes we're getting. More akin to A New Life sized.

Like, I wouldn't want to see a £7.99 episode dedicated to it, but the opportunities and gameplay challenges it would present could be pretty awesome: Lots of potential witnesses, cramped spaces, no obvious escape routes...

Chucking the target out of the plane could be a solution or, hell, why not crash the plane with everyone onboard for that frisson of topicality...? :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would make a nice change from the mega-sandboxes we're getting. More akin to A New Life sized.

Like, I wouldn't want to see a £7.99 episode dedicated to it, but the opportunities and gameplay challenges it would present could be pretty awesome.

Ugh, you just had to mention A New Life. GOD I loved that.

Jintor

gemini is tough. Akiko's pathing sucks and the boxes where you have to try and lure her behind are close to a dozen NPCs and also half the time she doesn't respond to coins.

I sucker-punched her and ran away

justjim89

Man, I have no idea how to take out Akkiko Criley without just doing it openly or letting her spot you. She's never isolated and there doesn't seem to be any chance to isolate her without blowing cover.

Jintor

Man, I have no idea how to take out Akkiko Criley without just doing it openly or letting her spot you. She's never isolated and there doesn't seem to be any chance to isolate her without blowing cover.

Once she's inside she paths near some boxes you can lure her behind, but it's a real pain...

alouette

Somebody else having problems with the online savegame actually?
The game is connecting (!), but after loading the profile it´s returning me to the main menu, saying something went wrong during loading the content :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody else having problems with the online savegame actually?
The game is connecting (!), but after loading the profile it´s returning me to the main menu, saying something went wrong during loading the content :(

What platform?

MaKTaiL

Is the extremely slow UI/menus and long loading times because of requirement to always be connected online? Or is fundamentally like this? (On PS4 btw)

Sorry if this question has already been gone through several times, I haven't read through the thread and haven't been able to keep up with news since the game has come out.

There is a patch coming soon which the devs said will improve loading times. I hope so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox One. Contacted Support, but they can´t help me atm and don´t know something about (specific) server issues, in this case.

Sorry pal. I got nothin. Have you tried...well...shit. I got nothing.

Precisely.

Ideas like that one are why I'll never be able to completely buy into this episodic format. I like the focus on big sandboxes, but not having the potential for smaller, one off locations makes this a different experience. Even if we get 6-7 great maps by the end of this season, I'll never stop thinking about how it could've been stitched together as a traditional campaign if the game was released in 2017 instead.

Jintor

Ideas like that one are why I'll never be able to completely buy into this episodic format. I like the focus on big sandboxes, but not having the potential for smaller, one off locations makes this a different experience. Even if we get 6-7 great maps by the end of this season, I'll never stop thinking about how it could've been stitched together as a traditional campaign if the game was released in 2017 instead.

There's no reason another season or even one 'episode' couldn't have two smaller maps in place of a normal episode or something.

(Though I suspect the production overhead is probably big either way you slice it)

alouette

Thanks. Sounds good. It felt like a corrupted savegame, because it was connecting, but not loading the content. I guess, I´ll have to wait for it. If so, easy challenge :)

I thought it was the connection stuff as well but I started playing on PC last night and the menus were MUCH snappier on the same connection. I think it's the consoles being sluggish for some reason (slow HDD speed?). Hopefully they sort it out.

There's no reason another season or even one 'episode' couldn't have two smaller maps in place of a normal episode or something.

(Though I suspect the production overhead is probably big either way you slice it)

I feel like they've set expectations and anything less than one Paris sized map will make people go crazy.

Plus it's not about having small maps that play like the ones we have already as much as it's about small one-off maps like the plane Screaming Meat mentioned which change the way you play in between typical missions. But hell, maybe they'll throw some surprises at us for the finale or something. A set piece style epilogue attached to the season finale episode would be an interesting way to wrap this up.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I can definitely see that. They don't have to rigidly stick with the 'One Mission, One Episode' format though. If they can think around it a bit more (I don't think they'll try to until they're a lot more comfortable, if at all), it could potentially offer a lot of flexibility. A mission like the Boeing one could be a bonus for purchasing all six/seven episodes, it could be unlocked via one of those excruciatingly DICE-esque secret methods, it could be given away 'free' (HA), it could be bundled with 2-3 smaller areas and packaged as a 'clipshow episode' or added on to one of the larger levels as a bonus... there are loads of ways they could do it and stick to the episodic approach.

I feel like they've set expectations and anything less than one Paris sized map will make people go crazy.

Plus it's not about having small maps that play like the ones we have already as much as it's about small one-off maps like the plane Screaming Meat mentioned which change the way you play in between typical missions. But hell, maybe they'll throw some surprises at us for the finale or something. A set piece style epilogue attached to the season finale episode would be an interesting way to wrap this up.

That's a neat idea. Set-piece epilogues are pretty much a tradition at this point.

alouette

Server seem to be back up. My issues with those weird connection failures turned into smoke - so everything is working fine now.

So about the Helmut escalation contract. The model is supposed to move about the level, right? She's just standing outside smoking in my game, can't even lure her away with coins.

I got caught up in the Helmet Kreuger opportunity..I got his clothes, made the phone call to the female target, then she told me to walk the cat walk...I walked that cat walk 2 dozen times and nothing ever happened, it just kept telling me to do it...

I see this has been a problem for others too after researching online..

Ended up having to place a remote explosive in her office, wait for her to walk in, and destroyed her...

Top Bottom