• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I got caught up in the Helmet Kreuger opportunity..I got his clothes, made the phone call to the female target, then she told me to walk the cat walk...I walked that cat walk 2 dozen times and nothing ever happened, it just kept telling me to do it...

I see this has been a problem for others too after researching online..

Ended up having to place a remote explosive in her office, wait for her to walk in, and destroyed her...

You're supposed to go up to the third floor to meet her after walking the catwalk. She tells you to do that first to avoid suspicion.

MUnited83

For you.
So about the Helmut escalation contract. The model is supposed to move about the level, right? She's just standing outside smoking in my game, can't even lure her away with coins.
She heads inside after having a chat with sato. For whatever reason, this doesn't seem to always trigger.

I got caught up in the Helmet Kreuger opportunity..I got his clothes, made the phone call to the female target, then she told me to walk the cat walk...I walked that cat walk 2 dozen times and nothing ever happened, it just kept telling me to do it...

Ended up having to place a remote explosive in her office, wait for her to walk in, and destroyed her...

How have you waked cat walk... just walking, or "using" the entrance to it?

In any case I think you could go up as him and meet her.

tchocky

Before you walk the catwalk you have to sit down to get your make up done.

So about the Helmut escalation contract. The model is supposed to move about the level, right? She's just standing outside smoking in my game, can't even lure her away with coins.

I'll spoiler this just in case but here's how to get her to move.

Trigger the diorama. Sato will drink (don't poison it) and he'll go have a smoke with her. Afterward she'll walk inside and you'll have a chance to get her.

Double D

Trigger the diorama. Sato will drink (don't poison it) and he'll go have a smoke with her. Afterward she'll walk inside and you'll have a chance to get her.

What's also possible here is if you are outside once she starts walking in, you can throw a coin in the direction of the dumpster and she will walk towards it. (specific instructions on how not to be seen)
Do this before you are dressed as Helmut so you can creep about freely. Then, once she goes over there, subdue her and drag her body so she will remain hidden. Then once you come back dressed as Helmut you can just snap her neck and it counts as a melee kill.

You're supposed to go up to the third floor to meet her after walking the catwalk. She tells you to do that first to avoid suspicion.

How have you waked cat walk... just walking, or "using" the entrance to it?

In any case I think you could go up as him and meet her.

Before you walk the catwalk you have to sit down to get your make up done.

Yeah, I got my makeup done, it said "Walk the Catwalk" so I went to the entrance of the Catwalk and the guy is like "Helmet you are just in time" and I walk the cat walk and it just continues to say "Walk the Catwalk" in the upper corner of the screen...

I knew she was going to have the meeting, but assumed it would trigger and tell me to go to the meeting...I ended up dressing like
the Guest of Honor, won an auction, met her in her office, left the explosive when she left, then waited for her by blending in at the auction, waited for her to walk around, meet and greet then head back to her office where
I blasted her and walked out the front door...

She heads inside after having a chat with sato. For whatever reason, this doesn't seem to always trigger.

What's also possible here is if you are outside once she starts walking in, you can throw a coin in the direction of the dumpster and she will walk towards it. (specific instructions on how not to be seen)
Do this before you are dressed as Helmut so you can creep about freely. Then, once she goes over there, subdue her and drag her body so she will remain hidden. Then once you come back dressed as Helmut you can just snap her neck and it counts as a melee kill.

Yeah looks like I'm just getting stuck with this glitch. Managed to get her to move by prompting Sato with the diorama for level 3 but she just wouldn't budge using that method for level 4. Thanks guys.

justjim89

For getting all the opportunities achievement, do you have to follow them all from start to finish, including overhearing the reveal?

Edit: Nvm, just got the achievement. 21 hours in total.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This took longer than I expected.

WtrmIIP.jpg

Started in the attic trying to kill everyone with an axe, blew up the light rig and went up and down the different floors trying to kill everyone. Eventually I left but there was still a TON of people left...it's crazy how many more guards there are.

Javier23

Banned
This took longer than I expected.

WtrmIIP.jpg

Started in the attic trying to kill everyone with an axe, blew up the light rig and went up and down the different floors trying to kill everyone. Eventually I left but there was still a TON of people left...it's crazy how many more guards there are.
Pretty sure they just keep respawning. Gave up on killing everyone after mowing down 158 guys.

I think see what's going wrong here. You need to hear her conversation with Sato in order to trigger both of them going inside together.

I keep getting there too late after taking out Kruger, so I see them there together but they don't talk. As a result Sato goes in alone.

With the timing this tight, there has to be a way to shave off a few seconds...

Foffy

Banned
Pretty sure they just keep respawning. Gave up on killing everyone after mowing down 158 guys.

They don't. I believe the game keeps tallies of 296 NPCs. I do not believe "mob" NPCs count towards a tally.

"Mob" NPCs despawn off of the camera if you follow them as they run off.

Dammit, just nearly pulled off a perfect run of Mandelbulb (which I never finished last week due to having to search for the mine disarmer).

Started as a stylist. Ran directly to the basement stairs and followed another stylist in so as to not have to pick the locks. Got caught by cameras, but immediately blew up a fire extinguisher to clear out the security room, open the safe, and erase the tapes. Got the palace staff disguise, and from there on there was no difficulty in doing the rest...

And while leaving, I forgot to re-equip the mine disarmer.

Jintor

I activated the diaorama while Victor was near and he mentioned that they'd gotten it from Sergei, in St Petersberg, at an estate auction... lol

Moff

I think starting in the attic is the easiest for mandelbub, you immediately get the scurity disguise, the mine disarmer and can hack the laptop.
after that it's easy, it just takes a long time.

I think see what's going wrong here. You need to hear her conversation with Sato in order to trigger both of them going inside together.

I keep getting there too late after taking out Kruger, so I see them there together but they don't talk. As a result Sato goes in alone.

With the timing this tight, there has to be a way to shave off a few seconds...

Maybe I'll try waiting to listen to their conversation and see if she moves on afterwards. Saying that though even when I prompted a second conversation with the diorama she wouldn't move away afterwards.

I think starting in the attic is the easiest for mandelbub, you immediately get the scurity disguise, the mine disarmer and can hack the laptop.
after that it's easy, it just takes a long time.

I found starting in the basement with the waiter was pretty easy.
Lets you take out the cameras right away (not spotted, no evidence bonus), head upstairs and sneak around the AV prep area to the Sheik's room and lure him into the bathroom, headshot the guard and hide the body in the back room, vault the balcony and move around to the other side of the building to hack the laptop then repeat to move back to the basement and exit. None of the tripwires pose a threat to you that way, you've always got path through.

So, I just had an ironman run of Blood Money ruined by a guard randomly entering a room as I was choking someone out, triggering every guard in the level to come and gun me down in seconds.

Does Hitman'16 fix the Psychic Guards issues of Blood Money, and/or does it take it too far and have Useless Guards instead?

Randdalf

So, I just had an ironman run of Blood Money ruined by a guard randomly entering a room as I was choking someone out, triggering every guard in the level to come and gun me down in seconds.

Does Hitman'16 fix the Psychic Guards issues of Blood Money, and/or does it take it too far and have Useless Guards instead?

In my experience messing around, guards in the vicinity will be aware and that awareness propagates as those alerted guards come into proximity with others.

In the first two or three seconds they are alerted only the guards nearby, but I think after that the game enters in "combat" mode and all of them are alerted and know your disguise.

Moff

combat doesn't mean the whole level is alerted, I think that takes a lot of time
you can still simply run away from most encounters and guards will not be waiting for you

pahamrick

Guards aren't psychic or the game bugged for me. I alerted the entire basement level at one time, and after psycho killing every last one, even though I was marked as compromised no one was hunting me on the upper floors.

combat doesn't mean the whole level is alerted, I think that takes a lot of time
you can still simply run away from most encounters and guards will not be waiting for you

I know everyone probably has instinct disabled, but it also lets you observe how guard alerts propagate throughout the level. Guards that are actively hunting you are highlighted in orange.

Jintor

i actually kind of wish there were a few ways to mod instinct, like have it be a resource you can't get back or something. It's useful still, but it's still a bit TOO useful.

On the other hand, if I'm hiding in a fucking bathroom closet, I better have something to check where my targets are.

i actually kind of wish there were a few ways to mod instinct, like have it be a resource you can't get back or something. It's useful still, but it's still a bit TOO useful.

On the other hand, if I'm hiding in a fucking bathroom closet, I better have something to check where my targets are.

You could old school it and just keep checking the map for target location.

Moff

the whole "players need to be online to make sure they always have the most updated exerpience" never made sense

I don't get why seperate online and offline progress isn't the solution to satisfying all parties.

It would make perfect sense if the leaderboards weren't bugged, for the same reason why the PC version of D3 (with the always online) is great fun even with randos, but on console you're consistently surrounded by dudes with weapons that do 50 bajillion DPS and have a paragon level of 400,000.

I mean, it sucks, and I wish they got their shit together on the server stability (got a couple d/c's just last night) but I wouldn't say there's *no* reason for it. I would be fine with just a "reconnect" option instead of getting booted straight back to the menu. that's the shit that sucks super hard IMO.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It would make perfect sense if the leaderboards weren't bugged, for the same reason why the PC version of D3 (with the always online) is great fun even with randos, but on console you're consistently surrounded by dudes with weapons that do 50 bajillion DPS and have a paragon level of 400,000.

I mean, it sucks, and I wish they got their shit together on the server stability (got a couple d/c's just last night) but I wouldn't say there's *no* reason for it. I would be fine with just a "reconnect" option instead of getting booted straight back to the menu. that's the shit that sucks super hard IMO.

How would offline progress (Challenges and Unlockables), entirely seperate from the online save, affect leaderboards...?

They've prioritised the short term gain of datamining over and above playability for those affected by connection issues, be the fault with us or with them. The irony here is that the former is meant to facilitate a better game experience, which it absolutely hasn't and won't for anyone without a faultless connection.

The leaderboards are fucked anyway because of a 0:00 timer bug that allows people to get the maximum possible score of 210,000. I've gotten it a few times myself lol

How would offline progress (Challenges and Unlockables), entirely seperate from the online save, affect leaderboards...?

They've prioritised the short term gain of datamining over and above playability for those affected by connection issues, be the fault with us or with them. The irony here is that the former is meant to facilitate a better game experience, which it absolutely hasn't and won't for anyone without a faultless connection.

No, that's true for Challenges and Unlockables. I misread.

Offline saves = no leaderboards, and no elusive targets. Surely everything else can work, right? Why is that so hard for IO to make work?

Maybe on PC there are DRM/piracy concerns, but on the consoles there are no such issues. The only thing IO would be foregoing is live data mining, and they can get the data from offline saves sporadically anyway.

Moff

The leaderboards are fucked anyway because of a 0:00 timer bug that allows people to get the maximum possible score of 210,000. I've gotten it a few times myself lol

yeah, I had it , too. which makes me hope it's only a bug and not a hack and it can be fixed sometime.

Offline saves = no leaderboards, and no elusive targets. Surely everything else can work, right? Why is that so hard for IO to make work?

Maybe on PC there are DRM/piracy concerns, but on the consoles there are no such issues. The only thing IO would be foregoing is live data mining, and they can get the data from offline saves sporadically anyway.

It could be the definitive fix they promised for April, having a separate unlock mechanic for offline mode.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What annoys me most was that there was absolutely no indication that access to (what is typically) single-player content (such as sniper rifles) would be contingent on a connection. In fact, I can't see anything in IO's press releases other than "Live" content requiring a connection. "Live" content was defined in a Eurogamer article (29/09/2015) as:

The above description for "Live" content doesn't cover - for instance - Sniper Rifles. It was abundantly clear in the lead up to release that Contracts, Elusive Targets and Escalation Targets would require a connection. Here's a Hitman Q&A on their site (09/07/2015)

No mention of Unlockables and Challenges being locked by an online wall. It was fairly safe to assume you could use them offline given the above. I think so, at least, what with all the other games on the market that do exactly that.

Here's an article in The Express (11/02/2016):

One last one then, from Destructoid (09/07/2015)...

I'm starting to feel a little misled over this whole thing. I never thought I'd say this about one of my favourite franchises, but I think I will be looking for a refund today and join back in once (if) they sort their shit out.

#Firstworlddrama

The first patch broke a lot of stuff on PS4: all of the pre-order content disappeared, and all in-game images for unlock able weapons are broken. Is PS4 the only platform with those issues, or are they happening on PC and XBone as well?
It would be nice to get a chance to use my pre-order stuff on Paris before I finish the final challenge, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

The first patch's problems should be just on consoles, since PC did not get that patch. Another patch is coming (next week?) that should have a fix, though.

Meanwhile, I've been looking for sniper rifle contracts just to try it out some more. Just did a decently complicated one called "V.I.P." - kill three third-floor guests with an explosion, plus snipe two more, all in your suit.

If anyone on PS4 is struggling to get the "Lights Out on a Promising Career" challenge done for the Sarajevo Six contract, I found a fairly clean way after a great deal of trial and error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNn6RLHFutM

Meanwhile, I've been looking for sniper rifle contracts just to try it out some more. Just did a decently complicated one called "V.I.P." - kill three third-floor guests with an explosion, plus snipe two more, all in your suit.
Will have to check it out, haven't really used the sniper rifle outside of the "In Plain Sight" challenge yet.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
anyone else irked by how everyone has an american accent in paris

Yeah, it's extremely immersion breaking even though it kinda makes sense for Paris since its supposed to be a big international fashion show. Unfortunately from the leaked audio files in Sapienza it seems that the Italian people in the level are also speaking perfect English so I guess this will be a thing in all episodes...

Foffy

Banned
Yeah, it's extremely immersion breaking even though it kinda makes sense for Paris since its supposed to be a big international fashion show. Unfortunately from the leaked audio files in Sapienza it seems that the Italian people in the level are also speaking perfect English so I guess this will be a thing in all episodes...

Americans in America!

And Tokyo :(

Top Bottom