• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Well, people would definitely complain if they all spoke English with (inevitably) bad foreign accents.

(What if they make a mission set in England? Would British accents ruin the effect for all the other levels?)

Something much easier to fix is how everyone sounds like they're the same age. The grizzled Soviet colonel, the wrinkly St. Clair - they all sound like they're in their 30s!

Well, people would definitely complain if they all spoke English with (inevitably) bad foreign accents.

(What if they make a mission set in England? Would British accents ruin the effect for all the other levels?)

Something much easier to fix is how everyone sounds like they're the same age. The grizzled Soviet colonel, the wrinkly St. Clair - they all sound like they're in their 30s!

codename 47 had accented english but silent assassin and contracts had npcs speaking native languages while blood money and absolution mostly take place in america.

codename 47 had accented english but silent assassin and contracts had npcs speaking native languages while blood money and absolution mostly take place in america.

IIRC the only mission outside of America was 'Curtains Down' in Paris and the NPCs also spoke French in that mission.

doorframe

Neo Member
how does the 10 contracts trophy/achievement work?

I have completed all 9 of the featured and done around 4 or 5 of the user ones. Do only the user ones count or do you have to complete optional objectives?

The accents thing is very weird, particularly Decker and Novikov. The other thing that bothers me is how 47 is able to pass for another character on the phone, despite sounding absolutely nothing like that person.

That's probably the worst example of an English accent I've ever heard. Definitely not a native.
Really? I though it sounded fine. Given your username, I'm assuming you're from the UK?

The fiber wire is actually pretty loud, out of all the ways to kill from behind. Also, lethal syringe should count as a poison kill.
Is it? I think I've been able to fibre-wire people very close to others without being detected (unlike subduing them), although I haven't tried it very often so can't say for sure. If you could use the syringe in a crowd without being detected then it would be very useful; OP maybe, although the fact that it's a one use only item and the fact that there'll be a dead body in a second would offset that.

I guess I hadn't thought about the poison side of things for challenges; does that mean you could use it for some of the challenges which otherwise would've required getting the cyanide and putting it in drink/food? Because the syringe would speed up/simplify those challenges greatly.

EDIT: I just stealth attacked somebody with the syringe, and somebody one floor down heard and came to investigate!

EDIT 2: The syringe always alerts the guy downstairs, but the fibre-wire doesn't. I think it's the gurgling noises the poisoned guy makes as they die.

You know, after some brief testing, you're right. Using the syringe is marked as "silent" but actually seems to attract attention when the garrote doesn't.

So now I'm completely confused as to why you would bring this single-use item anywhere.

You know, after some brief testing, you're right. Using the syringe is marked as "silent" but actually seems to attract attention when the garrote doesn't.

So now I'm completely confused as to why you would bring this single-use item anywhere.

Can't you poison food/drinks with it though?

Jb

Wait what, I swear you could do that in blood money. I remember injecting cakes with the syringe no??

Just something else that's unfinished that will be added to the game later hopefully

You could use the poison syringe on the doughnuts in A New Life and on the sausage in the Playboy party level iirc.

"Doppelganger" is another good contract up in Latest right now. Kill five different targets while disguised in matching outfits and using weapons associated with those outfits.

Man, I made a great contract where you had to pretty much kill 5 targets by drowning them/ poisoning them, only to realize upon completion that the game categorizes drowning as "any weapon". Damn it.

Kerned

Banned
Are people in here having issues with maintaining a server connection like people in the other thread seem to be? I'm really on the fence about this and some other viewpoints would be helpful.

DukeBobby

I bet IO release Sapienza on April 12th just to fuck with me.

I couldn't deal with both Dark Souls and Hitman on the same day.

I'm guessing it will release later in the month, though. Or it will be delayed and slip into early May, like most episodic games do.

Are people in here having issues with maintaining a server connection like people in the other thread seem to be? I'm really on the fence about this and some other viewpoints would be helpful.

I'm on steam and had no issues since a day or two after launch.

Most of the people complaining seem to be on X1.

On PS4 here in Australia, no server connection problems since launch weekend.

Which thread is "the other thread"?

I had terrible server issues for the entire launch week. Unplayable, really. Haven't been back to the game since. Not touching it until the patch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

0 issues beyond launch day. Steam connection.

Yopis

Never been able to finish Paris. Always dropped from server.

0 issues beyond launch day. Steam connection.

Same here, Xbox one. Shame for those having problems and it pisses me off because I know how it feels like when a game just doesn't connect. I have the same problem with some EA games(Battlefront and Fifa for some reason), it annoys the fuck out of me. Takes ages for me to find a game.

Deadstar

I've been disconnected once in about 30 hours of play time. I'm on steam. Supposedly their are some fixes coming this week for those who are affected.

I've only had a single disconnect, which was within the game's first few hours of launch.
Been playing on both PC and PS4 without issue.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I average about 3 disconnects every 10-15 minutes at the moment. Since release I've managed to do 3 runs of the Freeform Training Mission whilst connected.

Metal-Geo

PC version here. So far I've put 35 hours into the game (I'm really enjoying contracts) and have only had one disconnect so far. It was either on the day of release or the day after. Whatever day it was, it occurred during a very crappy run - so I wasn't exactly upset about it happening.

MaKTaiL

I never had a disconnect here. Only once when the servers were down for an upgrade, which is expected.

Moff

on steam, in my 20+ hours I had once the case where I had to try to connect for a second time at the very start of the game, no disconnects or any other problems apart from that

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
This is my first time playing a Hitman game. I want to like it, but it's super weird. What is the... "right" way to play this franchise?

The first attempt is an absolute disaster of awkwardness, getting seen, and making a sloppy getaway - if I don't get shot to death by guards.

Eventually, after a few runs, I build up knowledge of how things go down, and then execute a good plan - which feels good but ultimately I'm using a lot of knowledge Agent 47 shouldn't really have. I'm not exactly thinking on the fly and improvising.

How do you guys strike a balance between doing cool assassinations - and going through the motions of performing actions you've already done? If that makes sense.

Jintor

This is my first time playing a Hitman game. I want to like it, but it's super weird. What is the... "right" way to play this franchise?

The first attempt is an absolute disaster of awkwardness, getting seen, and making a sloppy getaway - if I don't get shot to death by guards.

Eventually, after a few runs, I build up knowledge of how things go down, and then execute a good plan - which feels good but ultimately I'm using a lot of knowledge Agent 47 shouldn't really have. I'm not exactly thinking on the fly and improvising.

How do you guys strike a balance between doing cool assassinations - and going through the motions of performing actions you've already done? If that makes sense.

The first time through I do my best to get a silent assassination without restarts or 'extra knowledge'. To myself, I call that my 'canon run'. This one is the one that 'matters', so to speak, so if I die, gotta go from the beginning. I spent 1 and a half hours in France just poking around before I figured out how to do it silently.

Everything else is just playing around with the sandbox for whatever reason and can go hog wild, though I don't like doing that generally.

Double D

McBacon - Not sure if you're playing it right, but as someone who has replayed all the games in this series countless times, you're doing it the same way I would go about it.

Also, the way this game is set up with the mastery unlocks kind of promotes this type of gameplay. Unlocking new starting points opens up new ways of handling the challenges that you haven't already completed.

If you haven't already, use the opportunities. You could easily look at these as 'cheating' (simply activating them, not stumbling upon them naturally), but it does make things feel a bit more organic since Diana gets in your ear and helps guide you through them.

t-ramp

It took me several hours before I even figured out how to cleanly access the upper floors in the Paris mission.

Once you figure out the level, such as how to navigate and what disguises work where, it's a lot of fun to try various assassination methods.

So basically I approached it the same way you are. Each time I played through the level, though, I tried to complete challenges for each target by killing them differently than before.

Also, I'd suggest turning Opportunities to the middle setting, so it tells you what to do but doesn't guide you directly on the map. Then it's useful while still requiring some knowledge of the level.

For my first run I choose the first openings that stand out to me and feel "safe" to execute - minimal time pressure and minimal risk of being seen. Nothing ambitious. Meanwhile I take my time and make mental notes of things I want to try in future runs.

After that first run I go down the list of things I noticed, one by one, in later runs, slowly scaling up to riskier openings. This way it always feels like there's something else to look forward to.

Moff

for first timers like you they included "opportunities", they are basically guided ways to make you familiar with ways to kill a target.
try to find those opportunities in the level, usually by overhearing conversations. you can also immediately track the opportunities from the mission menu screen right after you enter the level, so you might want to try that.

brau

for first timers like you they included "opportunities", they are basically guided ways to make you familiar with ways to kill a target.
try to find those opportunities in the level, usually by overhearing conversations. you can also immediately track the opportunities from the mission menu screen right after you enter the level, so you might want to try that.

I would say that even as a first timer maybe it would be good to turn those hints off. Just go and try to solve it like a puzzle. I went into it with no mini map nor hints and i love it. I hear tips or things develop and i have no idea what i will stumble on to next. Its amazing.

Quidam

So, as someone that has probably replayed Blood Money somewhere between a bajillion and a bazillion times, is this worth the money so far?

brau

So, as someone that has probably replayed Blood Money somewhere between a bajillion and a bazillion times, is this worth the money so far?

YES!

I have been playing on PC with no server issues. But do keep in mind some other people on console have been having issues with connecting to severs. Everything else is pretty great so far.

It will be once they straighten their shit out with the servers. They should have a patch sometime this week to fix at least some of these problems.

Note: This is just speculation on my part, given the server maintenance they had last week. The patch has to be soon, and I'm hoping it's this week.

Top Bottom