• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

So, quick question. Elusive missions are the only things that go away permanently over time, right?

so far all new and old escalations are still there so they probably will stay, yes
they sad the elusive targets will disappear, but so far we didn't have any so they can still change their minds

Not a lot of people with French accents considering it's Paris....

I don't usually focus on details like that, but with a game like this that focusses so much on its 'real world' setting, it definitely seems strange.

I wanna do a run of the Paris level where I see how many people I can kill. Serial killer sim

I don't usually focus on details like that, but with a game like this that focusses so much on its 'real world' setting, it definitely seems strange.

I wanna do a run of the Paris level where I see how many people I can kill. Serial killer sim

Definitely a legitimate complaint, but in my own head-canon, it's an international event with celebs/high level guests from all over the world, run by a presumably American company, so it never bothered me too much.

I thought the British accents, particularly the woman who needs the camera lens, sounded very authentic.

Metal-Geo

I'm more bothered by hearing the same male voice actor for 90% of the male characters.

my record was 85 in stealth, good luck!

If the problems were all server side then you generally wouldn't expect to see this phenomenon where some users are completely unaffected, and others are plagued by constant issues. The resolution might be on the server side, but there's probably an aspect of end user connections that's initiating the problem, and it would be interesting to know what it is.

The DMZ will fix any issues with ports (in case your router's UPnP implementation is struggling with Hitman) so that should be your first order of business: it's just a worthwhile step in general for a console.

The pingtest.net results are the most important ones for gaming so let us know what results you get. In addition to latency it'll let you know how many packets are getting dropped on your connection, and what the jitter is.

Update time!

Looks like my console was added to the DMZ. My friend must have done so while I was living at the old apartment. Good to know.

As for the pingtest, here are my results: my ping is 9, and my jitter is 1. Had to use a different program to determine packet loss but it said nothing was lost in the test.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The Gemini Fiasco escalation mission seems impossible. How are you suppose to melee kill the model when she's stood in the middle of a car park with like eight security guards? I can't even make her move.

The Gemini Fiasco escalation mission seems impossible. How are you suppose to melee kill the model when she's stood in the middle of a car park with like eight security guards? I can't even make her move.

The way I wound up doing it was to make sure you listen to her convo with Sato, which will get her to start moving. If you miss it she just stands outside forever.

Once she's walking you've got to go into the little walled off area to the left of the door she walks through (left coming in, right going out) and throw a coin in there as she's walking to stand behind the waiter mopping the floor. Too early and the other model will investigate, too late and nobody will respond at all. When she's in you can grab her and break her neck.

Spoo

The way I wound up doing it was to make sure you listen to her convo with Sato, which will get her to start moving. If you miss it she just stands outside forever.

Once she's walking you've got to go into the little walled off area to the left of the door she walks through (left coming in, right going out) and throw a coin in there as she's walking to stand behind the waiter mopping the floor. Too early and the other model will investigate, too late and nobody will respond at all. When she's in you can grab her and break her neck.

I just choke her out in front of everyone. Puts me in combat, then snap neck. AI is bad enough you should have time to dip and not die.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I just choke her out in front of everyone. Puts me in combat, then snap neck. AI is bad enough you should have time to dip and not die.

this is what I ended up doing on one go but got shot trying to leg it.

I wonder if there's a bug because I couldn't make her move with coins at all. Even if she was the closest person she would turn and then do nothing and nobody else would go for it. I've had the same problem with the Sheikh and a guard in the attic before. I know sometimes they won't do it if they see you throw it but that's not it because I'm doing it from cover.

I wonder if there's a bug because I couldn't make her move with coins at all. Even if she was the closest person she would turn and then do nothing and nobody else would go for it. I've had the same problem with the Sheikh and a guard in the attic before. I know sometimes they won't do it if they see you throw it but that's not it because I'm doing it from cover.

There's definitely only window when she'll respond to the coins, it's small but it's definitely there.

brau

Not one! Yay! Though every time a tutorial popped up, my nuts went right in my stomach.

Disable all of that shit.

I turn off mini map, hints and tutorials. As well as the opportunities. I go in blind and its been amazing so far. Im even tempted to get rid of the see through walls mode.

regarding the gemini escalation regarding the model, after taking out the two stylists and hiding them, I throw a coin in between the trailers so that she will hear it, then I knock her out for later.

thatJohann

Whoa patch 1.03 dramatically improved load times. Restarting mission takes 3-5 seconds now vs almost a minute before. Good job!

Moff

the first 2 escalations I lured her with coins, for the later 3 I just beat her up where she stands in front of everyone.
for me, escalations are just for fun anyway, weird stuff you can do in the levels, so I don't need to silent assassin them, just complete them

Since I was looking for contracts where the auctioneer is a target, I'm going to recommend one titled "The hit is the price." You need to kill three people on the top floor, two of whom are out in the open, including the auctioneer. Then you need to get out of there and kill two more people while disguised as auction staff. Some very tense moments in this one.

Has anyone done a battle axe-only contract without being spotted? I tried one where you have to somehow take it to the second floor and kill five people and could not figure it out. Some very tricky targets.

Also: what was the point of shotgun bartenders in Marsden Isotopy? It's not like you ever need to go that way.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I turn off mini map, hints and tutorials. As well as the opportunities. I go in blind and its been amazing so far. Im even tempted to get rid of the see through walls mode.

How dare you, sir! I'm no heathen! I have pretty much everything off, including instinct. Admittedly, I didn't know you could turn tutorial pop-ups off on Freeform though. :)

I find the scripting for the Opportunities makes it almost necessary though. Would love for that to be dampened a bit in future episodes.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?

The very first thing I turned off. Can't believe this is even an option in a Hitman game! Booooooourns!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I find the scripting for the Opportunities makes it almost necessary though. Would love for that to be dampened a bit in future episodes.

I've completed Opportunities without the indicators. Admittedly, at first I didn't know what to do with the
schedules
in Paris, but you can apparently read them under the Intel tab.

Half the fun of Hitman is working out how to pull of the hits and getting those "Eureka" moments.

Moff

for me, the perect solution would be that opportunities and challenges are locked/invisible until you completed the level once.
I think they are a great addition to the game (well, the challenges at least, I could probably do completely without the opportunities), but they make the first playthrough too easy.

Rembrandt

Banned
So I finally went ahead and caved; is this the BM sequel everyone and videos keep making it seem to be?

I'm tipsy so I may stream my playthrough in a little and I'll update with a link.

Either way, I'm looking forward to more Hitman. As much as I like disliked Absolution, it's hard for me to say it's a straight up bad game. This looks like the best of both worlds which is all I could ever ask for.

How open/replayable are the levels? How creative can I get with assassinations? I'm not expecting A New Life quality openness/creativeness from the jump but if you had to compare it to Blood Money or that specific level, how is it?

Metal-Geo

Every time I play the story mode, I turn off Instinct Mode. I really recommend it for the challenge. But for Contracts I turn it back on again. Otherwise finding the user selected targets becomes an incredible tedious guessing game.

Moff

How open/replayable are the levels? How creative can I get with assassinations? I'm not expecting A New Life quality openness/creativeness from the jump but if you had to compare it to Blood Money or that specific level, how is it?

paris is the biggest and most replayable level ever in the whole hitman franchise, by far

on top of that you get 2 smaller tutorial levels which are pretty neat themselves

Yopis

After Patch can do both tutorials long as I want. No more disco from server. Paris is the same though could be 30 minutes, could be 5 minutes before server disconnect. Just gonna chalk this up as wasted cash. My time is done with this.

After Patch can do both tutorials long as I want. No more disco from server. Paris is the same though could be 30 minutes, could be 5 minutes before server disconnect. Just gonna chalk this up as wasted cash. My time is done with this.
Sorry. I've never had a single issue. Bummed to hear this.

With Sapienza, do we know if it's going to be more than one mission in the location, or will it be set up like Paris?

Also, I'm impressed with you people playing without indicators. I'd be totally lost trying to find these targets in the mess of people.

There was a leak which said 5 targets. We don't know if it's a mission per target, 5 targets in 1 mission, or more possibly, one mission with two targets and another one with three.

Moff

no there was a leak somewhere with information from the artbook, although some said 2 of the missions could be from marrakesh, but that would still be 3 missions for sapienza. it's definitely multiple missions.

KORNdoggy

With Sapienza, do we know if it's going to be more than one mission in the location, or will it be set up like Paris?

Also, I'm impressed with you people playing without indicators. I'd be totally lost trying to find these targets in the mess of people.

I've heard 3 targets in one briefed mission. And 2 targets in another briefed mission. Now. What I'm curious about. Is how different the world itself is in each mission. If it's like some groundhog day shit where AI is on the same patrol routes. At the same time of day. With the same groups of NPC's etc. Then that's dumb as hell. If they're breaking it into multiple missions. They need to feel like they're occuring on different days, with different people occupying the space ideally at a different time.

BibiMaghoo

no there was a leak somewhere with information from the artbook, although some said 2 of the missions could be from marrakesh, but that would still be 3 missions for sapienza. it's definitely multiple missions.

I have the artbook, it mentions only a single single target for Sapienza and nothing at all about missions.

pupcoffee

I think I love this game more than anything. More than MGSV, GTA, etc.

Getting to know the Groundhog Day map, playing it with different objectives, doing different things, feels like Majora's Mask.

My only issues are with the challenges. Making us kill targets in every possible way is boring. The escalation levels don't really change anything. How about some more vague, open challenges?

e.g. "Don't change your clothing more than once once." (Doesn't limit you to a specific costume but it's unlikely you'll play the same way you did with total freedom.)

PrimeTime

I think I love this game more than anything. More than MGSV, GTA, etc.

Getting to know the Groundhog Day map, playing it with different objectives, doing different things, feels like Majora's Mask.

I really love this game! When I'm not playing the game, I'm still "playing" the game. I still have some challenges left from the Paris mission that I keep planning in my head to figure out the best method to handle them. I Love games that really make you think and plan like this.

pupcoffee

I really love this game! When I'm not playing the game, I'm still "playing" the game. I still have some challenges left from the Paris mission that I keep planning in my head to figure out the best method to handle them. I Love games that really make you think and plan like this.

I've been doing that, too. Planned an ambush on one of the targets. I feel sorry for the two waiters who seem to end up being taken out no matter what I do.

PrimeTime

I've been doing that, too. Planned an ambush on one of the targets. I feel sorry for the two waiters who seem to end up being taken out no matter what I do.

Yeah it's pretty funny how you just have to get dirty with some of these missions in order to be more "professional" in future attempts. Innocent bystanders be damned.

pupcoffee

Every time I play the story mode, I turn off Instinct Mode. I really recommend it for the challenge. But for Contracts I turn it back on again. Otherwise finding the user selected targets becomes an incredible tedious guessing game.

Well I always have instinct off and the mini-map on, which shows you the target on the map. I think the minimap is kind of necessary for when you're trespassing.

PrimeTime

Question - why does the game reward you with high-powered guns if the game pretty much discourages you from using them anyway? Aside from the guns equipped with the silencer or the Jaeger 7 for sniping, why would I use them?

brau

This makes sense. I'll disable it from now on, and do this for Sapiensa. It should be fun.

Question - why does the game reward you with high-powered guns if the game pretty much discourages you from using them anyway? Aside from the guns equipped with the silencer or the Jaeger 7 for sniping, why would I use them?

Yeah, they always had shotguns, assault rifles, etc in all the games, which is weird for a game so focused in stealth. It isn't even a Splinter Cell where a mix of action/stealth makes sense, Hitman's fun is in getting in & out without anyone noticing, and doing it in plain sight.

Top Bottom