• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Finally there are challenges for using electrocutions and gas leak explosions in Paris. I'll admit that I didn't really feel a pressing need to figure those out, over all the other challenges and contracts already out there.

I only count eight vampire magician challenges, including the "master" one. The only other challenge I see is the new gas leak assassination challenge. Am I missing anything?

let's see if you guys find this one challenging:

xfXxLZo

http://imgur.com/xfXxLZo

it's on the pc....
and it's based on the latest escalation hit hehe

kai3345

Banned
is anyone else having the launcher crash on start-up since the new update?

i've tried verifying my game cache and re-installing and neither has fixed it

MoonGred

Does anyone know what the trigger
is to get Novakov to come on the catwalk reliably instead of having to wait for an eternity. I've read the schedule and killed of Sato. The only challenge I've got left is to shoot him on stage and would prefer not to stand around doing nothing for ages.

Does anyone know what the trigger
is to get Novakov to come on the catwalk reliably instead of having to wait for an eternity. I've read the schedule and killed of Sato. The only challenge I've got left is to shoot him on stage and would prefer not to stand around doing nothing for ages.

Make Sato sick with the rat poison
instead.
Once Novikov sees, he will basically go directly on stage.

and yet majority of the weapons at your disposal are automatic machine guns which indicate they do want the possibility to play "gun-ho"...plus they asked about weapon mods in their survey. again, indicating a more robust action route if you so wish...and yet the game as is goes against that. you take a couple shots and die. lol

I'm hoping that we get some more tuning on the controls later on down the pike, possibly reintroducing point shooting somehow, and having one of the unlocks for later episodes be some kind of body armor and/or pain pills for health recovery. If we get all those things, run & gun is slightly more possible. It's not the ideal way to play hitman, of course, but sometimes you have to just blow off some steam after you fail a mission a dozen times. :D

How do you do Ezekiel Paradox without bodies found?

The waiter smokes, and there's a gas canister and wrench right there... But just having the gas leaking and him lighting up a cigarette nearby isn't enough to cause an accidental explosion.

Demoskinos

So playing the Paris mission for the first time. Managed to get one of the 2nd floor guard outfits. Can anyone tell me where the hell the
poison
is at? I've heard its laying about somewhere on the 2nd floor?

Demoskinos

Also is it just me or do these guards/npcs seem to just see through walls sometimes? I've gotten alerts when taking someone down and I was like 95% sure the coast was clear. =\

Moff

Also is it just me or do these guards/npcs seem to just see through walls sometimes? I've gotten alerts when taking someone down and I was like 95% sure the coast was clear. =\

I heard that before, it has never happened to me, though
there are 2 kinds of poisons, the instant kill poison Red Blaster mentioned and rat poison, those will make the victim go throw up on a toilet where they can be killed more easily, there is rat posion everyhwere, in the 2 kitchens for instance

Some possibilities for what's going on:
Getting seen through an open door or a window.
Getting seen by someone around a corner.
Making a noise that can be heard through a wall.
There actually is someone behind you and you didn't notice.

Closing all the doors usually makes you discovery proof - I've even dropped chandeliers without anyone being able to hear.

I finished lvl5 with a score of 168k which I was pretty happy with. I will say that they've removed the crate from the balcony so you have to choke out a bunch of security guards to clear a path to dump the body. I didn't know that going in and was pretty surprised to see it gone.

Wasn't the crate on the other balcony? I'm pretty sure there was never a crate on the balcony on that side.

And, man, this body-dumping requirement makes things messy. I still need to figure out where a body can be dumped - I was shooting through the window from the nearby balcony.

t-ramp

There was some stylist that could somehow see me take out Sato behind the wall by the diorama thing. I ended up just chucking a coin in that general direction before taking him out.

Demoskinos

So is there actually no way to search contracts by friends? I know Absolution had this feature in contracts. I might be entirely over looking it but man if you can't just play stuff your friends made easily that is a real bummer.

MaKTaiL

So is there actually no way to search contracts by friends? I know Absolution had this feature in contracts. I might be entirely over looking it but man if you can't just play stuff your friends made easily that is a real bummer.
They will be making improvements to Contract Mode during the course of the year. This is one of the features in line to be added.

Disktrasa

Banned
I am so happy that i tried the intro pack, i will buy the upgrade pack for sure!

The more i play the more i love the game, i was not a big fan of the episodic format, but! i think its not all bad actually.

For me, if i should have got the whole game i would have played through the game once for the story and then moved on, thats how i roll, its not often i replay games.

But now i am replaying the game, doing contracts i playing around with the game, i would never have done that if i got the full game from the beginning.

The only negative thing is that i want more now, really looking forward to the rest of the game.

And please, i know my english sucks, i am from a cold country were games like Battlefield and Minecraft were made, please be gentle to me =)

Metal-Geo

Can anyone help me with the "A break from the auction" assassination challenge?

I blend in with the auction, Agent 47 introduces himself as Tobias Reaper, I wait for Dalia to walk away, and when I get the chance, I shoot Dalia in de head with my silenced Silverballers... But nothing. No pop-up confirming the challenge or anything. What am I doing wrong? I've tried this multiple times now. I shot her in the lounge with no witnesses. I shot her at the bar with no witnesses. I shot her in the middle of the auction room with a lot of witnesses. Nothing seems to confirm the challenge. Am I missing an important step?

Edit:
The only thing I can think of is I always sneak up to the second floor. Maybe I need to use an invitation to get there?

Can anyone help me with the "A break from the auction" assassination challenge?

I blend in with the auction, Agent 47 introduces himself as Tobias Reaper, I wait for Dalia to walk away, and when I get the chance, I shoot Dalia in de head with my silenced Silverballers... But nothing. No pop-up confirming the challenge or anything. What am I doing wrong? I've tried this multiple times now. I shot her in the lounge with no witnesses. I shot her at the bar with no witnesses. I shot her in the middle of the auction room with a lot of witnesses. Nothing seems to confirm the challenge. Am I missing an important step?

Edit:
The only thing I can think of is I always sneak up to the second floor. Maybe I need to use an invitation to get there?

It's kind of bugged. For the challenge to complete you have to start the mission in the auction room in the tux with the pistol.
introduce yourself the go out the door that is on the left side of the room. Take a right down a small hallway and go into a door where a waiter should be standing outside of. As soon as you enter jump through the window and move around the edge to the bathroom. The target will enter the room and have a conversation then enter the bathroom herself. Sneak up behind her with the pistol and kill her. That should complete the challenge.
at least that's how it worked for me.

Metal-Geo

It's kind of bugged. For the challenge to complete you have to start the mission in the auction room in the tux with the pistol.
introduce yourself the go out the door that is on the left side of the room. Take a right down a small hallway and go into a door where a waiter should be standing outside of. As soon as you enter jump through the window and move around the edge to the bathroom. The target will enter the room and have a conversation then enter the bathroom herself. Sneak up behind her with the pistol and kill her. That should complete the challenge.
at least that's how it worked for me.

Try it while wearing the tuxedo, and use the standard black pistol.

Cheers lads. That did the trick. Saved me some frustration!

Finally pulled off my perfect run of Gemini Fiasco level 5. No knocking out anyone, no bodies found. Made 29th on the Steam leaderboards!

Still need to figure out a similarly clean run for Shapiro Omen...

Edit: I think I figured it out!

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand the scoring system.
Is there an explanation on how it works?
I completed The Showstopper with Silent Assassin rank scoring around 167k, but I don't understand what you need to achieve in order to score this system.
Except the classic "kill targets only", no alerts, and I think having your suit on counts too (or do I need simply to leave the level with my suit on like in Blood Money?), what else count toward your score? Time taken to complete the mission? Does reloading a save give you less points? Does cutscenes count toward the time, if time is a factor?
I saw people on the leaderboards have 210000, I think it's the maximum amount you can get, but how?
I reloaded a save because when I kill the dude with fiber wire in the garden sometimes someone spot me, I still need to understand who, since it seems very random, and doing the exact same thing a second time after a reload grants you to pass the section.

Moff

I completed The Showstopper with Silent Assassin rank scoring around 167k, but I don't understand what you need to achieve in order to score this system.
Except the classic "kill targets only", no alerts, and I think having your suit on counts too (or do I need simply to leave the level with my suit on like in Blood Money?), what else count toward your score? Time taken to complete the mission? Does reloading a save give you less points? Does cutscenes count toward the time, if time is a factor?
I saw people on the leaderboards have 210000, I think it's the maximum amount you can get, but how?
I reloaded a save because when I kill the dude with fiber wire in the garden sometimes someone spot me, I still need to understand who, since it seems very random, and doing the exact same thing a second time after a reload grants you to pass the section.

in the score screen you see everything that counts
objectives
never spotted
no noticed kills
no bodies found
no recordings
time is the most important factor, though, all the others above simply give 20k, time can give up to 110k
there is a 5k penalty for every non target you kill
210k scores are no longer possible, there was a bug earlier that gave player a 0 time score, that should no longer be the case after the patch

MUnited83

For you.
Reloading a save doesn't affect scote. I believe end cutscenes might affect the time (the part where you see yourself escaping only, not the story part). Suit Only is only a challenge and doesn't give extra points.
Times with 21000 are glitched. There used to be a glitch that would make the time count as 0:00:00 which would give the maximum possible bónus. It has been patched since then and supposedly the 210000 scores will be patched.
If you got 167k as your score, you either took too long or a body got discovered.

Ludens

Banned
Reloading a save doesn't affect scote. I believe end cutscenes might affect the time (the part where you see yourself escaping only, not the story part). Suit Only is only a challenge and doesn't give extra points.
Times with 21000 are glitched. There used to be a glitch that would make the time count as 0:00:00 which would give the maximum possible bónus. It has been patched since then and supposedly the 210000 scores will be patched.
If you got 167k as your score, you either took too long or a body got discovered.
Nope, no bodies got discovered because I got Silent Assassin in that run. I took around 8 minutes with one reload.

Moff

I think my first score was around 167k as well, it's not a bad score for the first time.
unlock better spawning locations and find faster ways to improve it

For anyone on the fence who has a PC good enough to play, I suggest watching eBay for AMD Radeon Rewards codes. I got one for $12 and it redeemed just fine for a full copy of Hitman. The auction I won didn't even mention Hitman, just that I'd get an AMD Rewards code. The AMD rewards website is beyond wretched, requiring a phone to register and I had to register twice when my first one bugged out but eventually I got a steam key.

At that price I am really enjoying the game, 100%'d the training stuff and working on Paris now. Paris is much, much, much bigger (as a level) than I honestly expected, its so damn huge! And fun to explore.

still, have a lot of FPS dip issues (on a 970), xbox elite controller works great though. Love that the save system is on point capturing exactly where you were, its too bad the load system defaults to autosaves, always makes me feel like the game just lost all my saves.

I still feel that SE made such a huge mistake releasing this episodically. I would have totally bought this game at MSRP for PS4 if it was complete, but no way am I buying digital games piecemeal on console.

Someone asked the Hitman team during their Twitch stream if they'll be going back & changing Paris in the future and they had this to say:

I'm gong to ahead an say yes. We change Paris up in ways that are more bombastic than you've seen in escalations.

But they also confirmed it would not be a new story mission. Thought it was worth posting.

I feel like my game is corrupted or something. I've clearly done the Silent Assassin, Suit Only challenge (Paris). It even popped on the screen after the mission. Then I looked the next day and it wasn't marked done in the challenges. So I was messing around last night and I decided to do it again. It didn't pop and I'm 100% certain I did everything correctly. So I go look and the challenge box is once again marked showing I did it. Ok, cool whatever. I go to look at overall challenges later and it's not there again. It shows locally (like when I am in the specific Showstopper challenges screen) but does not show when I look at challenges from the main screen. Grrrrrrrr.

Moff

I feel like my game is corrupted or something. I've clearly done the Silent Assassin, Suit Only challenge (Paris). It even popped on the screen after the mission. Then I looked the next day and it wasn't marked done in the challenges. So I was messing around last night and I decided to do it again. It didn't pop and I'm 100% certain I did everything correctly. So I go look and the challenge box is once again marked showing I did it. Ok, cool whatever. I go to look at overall challenges later and it's not there again. It shows locally (like when I am in the specific Showstopper challenges screen) but does not show when I look at challenges from the main screen. Grrrrrrrr.

yeah the challenges are bugged like that. just try it several times, it's annoying.

Ludens

Banned
I think I won't bother with escalations. I already think, at least for me, of course, doing all challenges is very annoying. I did all of them in the first two missions, I'm missing Paris (will start it tomorrow), I find ok discovering new ways to clean levels, but it was a thing I already did in past Hitman. Now I have this checklist I'm feeling forced to "clean", and it's very boring, because some creative ways to kill your target are here and they are great, but many challenges are just boring like the slide ones on mission 2.
Also I HATE the fact you get absolutely nothing on doing those challenges. On Paris you get...exp, but what's the point? You can't buy weapon like old Hitman, those exp serve nothing.

If you're not interested in the unlocks tied to escalations (the first of which should be unlockable as soon as the next set of escalations are released), at the very least try Gemini Fiasco and Shapiro Omen. Those ones require a bit more finesse than the others.

I think I won't bother with escalations. I already think, at least for me, of course, doing all challenges is very annoying. I did all of them in the first two missions, I'm missing Paris (will start it tomorrow), I find ok discovering new ways to clean levels, but it was a thing I already did in past Hitman. Now I have this checklist I'm feeling forced to "clean", and it's very boring, because some creative ways to kill your target are here and they are great, but many challenges are just boring like the slide ones on mission 2.
Also I HATE the fact you get absolutely nothing on doing those challenges. On Paris you get...exp, but what's the point? You can't buy weapon like old Hitman, those exp serve nothing.

I hear you. I'm doing the escalations but I'm not in a mode where I care about my rankings as much, because like you said at this point I'm just ticking off boxes. it's neat when I can play clean, but now that I've done the main mission SA/SO I don't have any qualms about stabbing the shit out of people with scissors as I go.

Really looking forward to seeing some improvements to Contracts whenever they get around to it...specifically with conditions and better (read:any) search/follow options.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question: what unlocks extra entry points into levels?

MUnited83

For you.
You get new weapons, equipment, spawn locations and others with the exp. The exp literally serves for everything man :lol:

And you should try the escalations. Many of them basically remix the game and require a completely different approach than the main mode.

Ludens

Banned
You get new weapons, equipment, spawn locations and others with the exp. The exp literally serves for everything man :lol:

And you should try the escalations. Many of them basically remix the game and require a completely different approach than the main mode.
How can I get new weapons with exp?
I completed the first escalation in the military base, I found it easy and repetitive :(

Moff

How can I get new weapons with exp?

challenges/feats give experience for mission mastery
there are 20 mastery levels
for every level you get either items, weapons or a new mission start location
the items and gadgets will be usable in future episodes as well, so it's totally worth it, you get cool stuff like the poison syringe or remote bombs

you do not need to do all challenges to reach level 20, not by far

for 10 paris escalations you also get a special machine gun, this is independent from the mastery

Top Bottom