• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

Question - why does the game reward you with high-powered guns if the game pretty much discourages you from using them anyway? Aside from the guns equipped with the silencer or the Jaeger 7 for sniping, why would I use them?

this has always been the case in hitman, you could always buy/unlock a huge arsenal of weapons, miniguns even, although the score system clearly requires you to be a "silent assassin"
why? because io know that sometimes it's just fun to massacre people, it's simple as that

this has always been the case in hitman, you could always buy/unlock a huge arsenal of weapons, miniguns even, although the score system clearly requires you to be a "silent assassin"
why? because io know that sometimes it's just fun to massacre people, it's simple as that
That's why I'd like to see point shooting return; just make it a level 20 mastery unlock or something. It'd be a lot of fun once you've done everything else :)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know why they give you guns because the shooting is the worst part of the game. I actually liked point shooting and it made a lot of sense in Hitman.

I was trying to shoot a security camera the other day and realised how horrible the shooting actually is. Even the sniper seems to have regressed to PS2 era games which is strange because that Hitman Sniper game was amazing.

SomTervo

Question - why does the game reward you with high-powered guns if the game pretty much discourages you from using them anyway? Aside from the guns equipped with the silencer or the Jaeger 7 for sniping, why would I use them?

Why worry about it? It's there so that you can have fun. If you fancy playing it like an action game, do so.

It's the same with people who complain about MGSV incentivising stealth/non-lethal. Sure, it incentivises that, but this doesn't mean you can't boot it up just to spend 30 minutes playing it as an action game.

I dont know why they give you guns because the shooting is the worst part of the game. I actually liked point shooting and it made a lot of sense in Hitman.

I was trying to shoot a security camera the other day and realised how horrible the shooting actually is. Even the sniper seems to have regressed to PS2 era game which is strange because that Hitman Sniper game was amazing.

Can't comment on this though. Could be a mis-step on IO's part.

Murkas

Spent last night trying to kill everyone except Jasper Knight without being seen, really fun.

I want Italy now, don't think I can play it during Dark Souls 3 season :(

Disktrasa

Banned
Damn you guys, i could not resist this, i have way to many games to play, and both DS3 and UC4 around the corner, my backlog hates me, but when i read stuff like "this is blood money 2" and things like that!

Blood Money isn't just the best Hitmangame, its one of my favourite games of all-time, so many memories from that game, the music, the levels, the ending.

So.... i am not a big fan of the episode format and was planning on maybe buy this when the complete game was out, but no....

Bought it just a moment ago and its downloaded av ready to go, will try it out later this evening, i just hope this was the right decision =)

Rembrandt

Banned
So i'm finally playing through it and streaming it. I'm currently tipsy on my way to drunk so there may be mistakes

i did a quick run of the tutorial and i'm really impressed. if going episodic brought us this then I'm for it.

hopefully they do utilize the online features as they said.

https://www.twitch.tv/toliveanddie

Monthly release schedule subject to change.

AvZTAnL.jpg

pupcoffee

The assassination challenges should be way more vague, even hidden. When I look at them, I think, "Oh, cool, I didn't know you could push one of the targets off a balcony so she then lands on top the other," and I'm impressed that these kinds of things are in the game but if the game made me work to find these out on my own, using mysterious, hidden challenges as a nudge, they'd be so much more fun to complete. At the moment these assassination challenges feel like a check list, not like discovery. I've never dropped the lights and I'm not going to just because a check list blatantly wants me to, but if these were hidden assassination challenges well maybe I'd try dropping the lights just in order to see if that was one of them. Treat these as secrets, devs!

The devs at least seem to understand that the "be careful what you wish for" challenge is so much cooler when vague. It'd be stupid if it wasn't vague. Make more of them vague. People can always go to a walkthroughh for the "check-list," version.

Either way I'm NOT going to read any of the assassination challenges from now on because it's funner to try and complete them without even knowing what they are.

It seems kinda obvious that every level will have a hidden "Novelty" disguise (ala "Vampire Outfit") that will be tied to a ton of "feat" challenges, so if I come across one of those then I'll know to play around in it.

One other thing is that the silenced guns have incredibly limited range. Stand just one floor up and you are too far away for them to actually do anything but knock someone down.

That said, shooting a non-silenced pistol so far has almost always caused me to be compromised right away unless I'm completely hidden from view at the time.

I have also been experimenting with using gunshots to distract people who are too far away to use coins on. This doesn't seem very useful, though, since it brings 3-4 people running in an unpredictable pattern. Do you lose Silent Assassin if gunshots are heard, even if you don't shoot anyone with them?

pupcoffee

Damn you guys, i could not resist this, i have way to many games to play, and both DS3 and UC4 around the corner, my backlog hates me, but when i read stuff like "this is blood money 2" and things like that!

Blood Money isn't just the best Hitmangame, its one of my favourite games of all-time, so many memories from that game, the music, the levels, the ending.

So.... i am not a big fan of the episode format and was planning on maybe buy this when the complete game was out, but no....

Bought it just a moment ago and its downloaded av ready to go, will try it out later this evening, i just hope this was the right decision =)

It was the right decision. Especially if Blood Money is one of your favourite games of all time. This game is one of my favourites of all time, while Blood Money was sorta 66% there. This game has the missing 33% which brings it to 99%, if you get me.

This game works with an episodic format. I'm playing this level over and over like people played the MGS2 demo over and over. I think there's a couple flaws that hurt its longevity, but there's still good longevity.

The uninflated price is what makes it, really. And, well, I just hope the rest of the levels will get smoothly released. The game is too good to have some sort of tragic disaster.

I am glad I refunded this game while I still could.

I can't wait to play it in 2017 when it's finally done, though. It will be cheaper and have the full breadth of content to enjoy.

The assassination challenges should be way more vague, even hidden. When I look at them, I think, "Oh, cool, I didn't know you could push one of the targets off a balcony so she then lands on top the other," and I'm impressed that these kinds of things are in the game but if the game made me work to find these out on my own, using mysterious, hidden challenges as a nudge, they'd be so much more fun to complete. At the moment these assassination challenges feel like a check list, not like discovery. I've never dropped the lights and I'm not going to just because a check list blatantly wants me to, but if these were hidden assassination challenges well maybe I'd try dropping the lights just in order to see if that was one of them. Treat these as secrets, devs!

The devs at least seem to understand that the "be careful what you wish for" challenge is so much cooler when vague. It'd be stupid if it wasn't vague. Make more of them vague. People can always go to a walkthroughh for the "check-list," version.

Either way I'm NOT going to read any of the assassination challenges from now on because it's funner to try and complete them without even knowing what they are.

They have said that for future levels they're going to be marking them all 'redacted' like the 'Bull in a China Shop' challenge until the player has completed the level once, which is an improvement.

Jintor

Yeah and the names + pics are good enough hints imho

can't believe i have to wait three weeks for the next map, losing interest fast, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again the moment the next map drops (got that luxury, zero connection problems, hope it improves load times at the stupid challenges screen though). probably going to go all in I think.

I am glad I refunded this game while I still could.

I can't wait to play it in 2017 when it's finally done, though. It will be cheaper and have the full breadth of content to enjoy.
I don't understand why you would be glad you refunded it, then say you can't wait to play it in 2017. Can you explain?

Because people love unlocking things, so they need to put some filler in the progression.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The lines in this game are hilarious

My favourites are the woman that sarcastically says "no, don't do it" when she sees you hanging on a ledge and the security guard who greets the sheikh by saying "your highness" and then as you walk off your can here him mumble "you can kiss my highness" or something like that

BibiMaghoo

I was trying to shoot a security camera the other day and realised how horrible the shooting actually is. Even the sniper seems to have regressed to PS2 era games which is strange because that Hitman Sniper game was amazing.

I would agree with this. The shooting is poor. It must be intentional, because the shooting in Absolution is much, much better. You can't slip that far, and so I believe this was done to discourage rampages. It is actually really hard not to die in a gun fight, as it should be.

The "can't wait" is a lie. Ridiculous, LOL

We are being LIED TO

I can't wait to play the game when it hopefully isn't buggy, low on content, and riddled with performance issues on my system. No lies here buddy.

I'm glad I refunded it because iO doesn't deserve my money until they make a quality product.

My favourites are the woman that sarcastically says "no, don't do it" when she sees you hanging on a ledge and the security guard who greets the sheikh by saying "your highness" and then as you walk off your can here him mumble "you can kiss my highness" or something like that

I just discovered some of the amazing random NPC rants when they see you acting suspiciously for a moment.

"Mentally deranged people should be kept off the streets! Wait, did I say that? That sounded fascist."
"It's people like you who are causing global warming!"

I can't wait to play the game when it hopefully isn't buggy, low on content, and riddled with performance issues on my system. No lies here buddy.

I'm glad I refunded it because iO doesn't deserve my money until they make a quality product.
I'm sorry to hear you were having problems Quantum. I'm having none on the PS4 version.

The 2017 release will actually have less content than the episodic releases, FYI. It'll lack the Elusive targets.

Okay, figured out the fastest way to start off Gemini Fiasco.

Start as stylist, grab the scissors, run directly to where Kruger makes his phone call. Just before he makes the call, there is a tiny window just long enough to stab, drag the body behind the partitions, and change disguises while both bodyguards are looking away.

Then run right back to hear Sato and the model's dialogue (going through the garden around the trailers so your cover is not blown), go inside and get behind the boxes as soon as the dialogue triggers, and you're golden.

Unless she fails to turn her back to you three times in a row while investigating your coins, as I just had happen.

KORNdoggy

I would agree with this. The shooting is poor. It must be intentional, because the shooting in Absolution is much, much better. You can't slip that far, and so I believe this was done to discourage rampages. It is actually really hard not to die in a gun fight, as it should be.

and yet majority of the weapons at your disposal are automatic machine guns which indicate they do want the possibility to play "gun-ho"...plus they asked about weapon mods in their survey. again, indicating a more robust action route if you so wish...and yet the game as is goes against that. you take a couple shots and die. lol

Jintor

the problem is that you need to trigger kruger to take his fucking call, I think it's a proximity thing to him, but you can really mess up the timing with the guards since one of the guards is scripted talking to a dude by the gardening hut and also activates based on proximity. So you can kinda screw up the routines a bit.

I once stood behind a bush waiting for kruger to make his damn phone call and eventually just had to get him to ooh shiney coins until I could bash his stupid head in.

Moff

always subdue one of the guards first, it doesn't matter which one. let his weapon drop and the other will go get it.
it's tricky because the routines change, but there are only 2 different routines and both are easily doable. either one of them comes first and the other keeps talking, then you subdue the first one.
or the second one does not talk that long then he will come earlier, in that case you wait until the first one leaves and you subdue the second one.

either way, you can kill/subdue kruger easily after that.

the problem is that you need to trigger kruger to take his fucking call, I think it's a proximity thing to him, but you can really mess up the timing with the guards since one of the guards is scripted talking to a dude by the gardening hut and also activates based on proximity. So you can kinda screw up the routines a bit.

I once stood behind a bush waiting for kruger to make his damn phone call and eventually just had to get him to ooh shiney coins until I could bash his stupid head in.

If you run out and throw a coin on the ground it will break the photoshoot script and trigger him to walk off and take his call.

Jintor

i love that it's 2016 and we're still the fucking goofiest hitmen in the world

all the marketing videos: you're the best hitman ever, you're a silent assassin, you kill with a glance, you're a professional

reality: COINS COINS COINS BASH HEAD IN PUT BODY IN CLOSET MAGIC CLOTHES CHANGE COINS

Am I the only one who refuses to use coins? I always thought it was a dumb/silly gameplay mechanic since it was introduced in Blood Money. Never used it since that game's tutorial.

Moff

Am I the only one who refuses to use coins? I always thought it was a dumb/silly gameplay mechanic since it was introduced in Blood Money. Never used it since that game's tutorial.

I never used it in blood money either, I agree I think they are dumb and they are too stealthy and I don't see hitman as a stealth game

but I love the challenges in absolution and hitman2016 and they are important for many of them so I started using them and other items do distract people

Just run directly to the spot where he makes his phone call. That will trigger both the phone call itself and trigger the guards to start walking with the correct timing.

So far I have never had this approach go out of sync.

PC Patch 1.03 out now.

PC-specific improvements

General gameplay
  • Prompts for dumping a body now appear, regardless of the positioning of the game camera, both in Showstopper and Final Test missions.
  • 47 no longer drops a body immediately after starting to drag it.
  • Unnoticed kills or subdue will no longer trigger a brief “compromised” state. This previously caused players to fail the ‘never spotted’ reward.
  • The ‘visibly armed’ warning is now always shown when 47 is carrying a large weapon on his back.
  • The light rig (Showstopper) and life raft (Freeform Training) can now be reliably dropped using explosives.
  • Opportunities in Showstopper and Final Test have been made more consistent.
  • Fixed an issue where the first few seconds of the game would appear to run at double speed.
Showstopper
  • Novikov will no longer get stuck in an infinite loop during the Rare Scoop opportunity. This would happen if the player gets Max Decker to call Novikov whilst he is on his way to the interview.
  • Novikov will no longer talk to Dalia on the phone when she has already been eliminated.
  • Fixed a rare issue that made the “In Seine” challenge impossible to complete. This would happen when the Private Meeting opportunity overlapped with Novikov on stage at the Fashion Show.
  • Fixed an issue where the Showstopper mission could not be completed if the player calls Dalia during the Fireworks show whilst disguised as Helmut Kruger.
Crash Fixes
  • Fixed various crash issues that could occur when doing the following: loading a new stage in Escalation Contracts, loading the game or after exploding a gas cylinder.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when shooting at the target in Freeform training during the “Searching” state.
  • Fixed many other crash issues that were occurring during gameplay.

Options

• Added an option to the game launcher that allows players to override the ‘default memory safeguards’ and allow them to use any available resolution and graphic quality settings.
  • Increased resolution cap for players with 3gb graphics cards from 1920x1200 to 2560x1600.
DX12
  • DX12 shader and pipeline cache now included in all Steam builds.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with transparent windows on DX12.
  • Improved vertex colours on DX12.
Misc.
  • Briefings for Featured Contracts can now be viewed at the planning stage.
  • The ‘Contract Assassin’ achievement can now be completed.
  • The mouse cursor is now always visible on the ‘Load Game’ menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck at 12% loading between the Prologue missions.
  • Fixed a rare issue where players were asked to (re)download the Showstopper mission.
Hardware
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game was switching between controller and keyboard controls, due to detecting specific hardware as a ‘game controller’.

I had thought that the contracts achievement wasn't counting 10 contracts correctly, although I got it anyway just by doing a couple more of them.

Looks like a good patch.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The new Escalation Contract "The Shapiro Omen" is really fun. One of the best so far for sure.

I finished lvl5 with a score of 168k which I was pretty happy with. I will say that they've removed the crate from the balcony so you have to choke out a bunch of security guards to clear a path to dump the body. I didn't know that going in and was pretty surprised to see it gone.

Top Bottom