• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jito

Banned
Hype, can't wait for more Hitman. This episodic release schedule is going to be a nice surprise when a new level pops up whenever I forget about it.

By all accounts it looks like Sapienza launches with one mission with two targets, so the other Sapienza mission with the two additional targets (according to the leaks) will probably be released later.

Makes sense to space out the content this way.

Echoplx

A patch just went live on Steam

Reconnect Option
If a player is playing in online mode and gets disconnected during gameplay, they will have the option to immediately reconnect and resume play without losing any progress, instead of returning to the main menu.
[Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Immediate Challenge Awards
Challenges are now awarded and saved immediately upon completion, rather than when completing a mission.
[Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Loading Times
Significant improvements to load and restart times across all locations.
(Reduced by approximately 50% on PS4 and Xbox One)

Challenge Verbosity Settings
Players can now choose between three options for how challenge descriptions are displayed in the game menu.
Full: All Challenge information is shown.
Minimal: Only the image and name of the Challenge are shown
Off: Only the image of the Challenge is shown.

Weapon HUD Settings
Added three options for displaying the holstered/equipped weapon icon.
Full: Show weapon HUD for equipped and holstered weapon.
Minimal: Show weapon HUD only for equipped weapon.
Off: Don’t show weapon HUD.

Immediate Intel
Added an option for players to access the intel menu immediately after finding new intel.

Dropped Items
Disguises, weapons and items that are dropped are now shown on the in-game map.

Holstering animation
Added an animation for 47 holstering a small item, such as a pistol.

Escalation Contracts Improvements
- The list of complications and objectives are now viewable during gameplay and the planning phase.
- Players can now easily see from the in-game menu how many stages of each Escalation Contract they have completed. (e.g 3/5)

General improvements to stability

PC Specific Notes

Recommended Settings
The Game Launcher will recommend graphic settings based on player hardware.

Windowed Mode
The Game Launcher now allows players to change their resolution in Windowed Mode. (Useful for streamers)

Audio Levels
Audio levels during cutscenes and briefing videos now match the in-game audio.

Key Bindings
Fixed minor issues with inconsistent key bindings
Related media

mattp

They clearly stated on the patch notes that the loading times were improved by 50% on consoles....

loading times, not menus
i took loading times to mean the long load when you go to the stage or die and re-load
not the menus

maybe i'm wrong? i hope so

Mostly good news to report after my first post-patch session: loading and performance (both in-game and in menu) are improved, and the game no longer freezes after 5 minutes in the DX12 client (which was probably a problem with just my computer). Bad news: unfortunately, the update seems to have broken vsync completely for me. I can't even force it through NVCP. I can cap the framerate to 60 via RTSS but it still tears. Argh.

Can anyone else confirm that they have the same problem?

Edit: Nevermind, I see on the Steam forums that other people have it as well. Whelp, time to wait for a hotfix.

Man, the game is behaving strangely after the Steam patch.

- No more music when you kill a target.
- Coins don't seem to work. I could not lure a guard through a door (although admittedly I tried this on a random new contract).
- I got the no bodies found bonus when a body was actually found. At the same time, my (apparently bugged) score did not upload to the leaderboards.
- My connection to the server always drops when trying to set up a smuggled item.

Loading times are much improved, though.

Dinjoralo

Man, the game is behaving strangely after the Steam patch.

- No more music when you kill a target.
- Coins don't seem to work. I could not lure a guard through a door (although admittedly I tried this on a random new contract).
- I got the no bodies found bonus when a body was actually found. At the same time, my (apparently bugged) score did not upload to the leaderboards.
- My connection to the server always drops when trying to set up a smuggled item.

Loading times are much improved, though.

I'll check on my end after the update's downloaded.

The load times improved on PC, too? Wasn't expecting that, they were already pretty fast on my normal hard drive.

EDIT: Vsync's busted, but I'm not getting disconnected when I set up smuggled items, and the coins still work for me.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, performances seems bad now. I mean, they weren't so great in first place, but now I have tearing, worse framerate and the game looks bad, I need to check if the game switched to low or whatever because graphics seem much much worse now.
Also when I try to save I have a short loading now, while before I can save almost istantly.
I'm having another problem too: I'm in the little garden with the horse statue, I'm here from 40 minutes and Viktor never comes. He walks outside, than he turns back to do the whole route all over again.

Ozium

Anyone know if DX12 performance is better? I would get better frames using DX11.

it's worse, vsync doesn't work at all even when turned on, there are audio issues, I picked up an SMG in the attic and when I went to aim it at a target, the screen literally broke:

F3BEZ5e.jpg

this patch is a fucking disaster

Ludens

Banned
it's worse, vsync doesn't work at all even when turned on, there are audio issues, I picked up an SMG in the attic and when I went to aim it at a target, the screen literally broke:

F3BEZ5e.jpg

IO introducing VR missions in the game.

the PC patch is super broken. full screen mode doesn't quite seem full screen, my screen stutters when I tab back to browser (didn't happen before). Trying to set anything in the storage caches in pre planning causes the game to disconnect from online servers. The game crashed on me twice while just walking around. Zero problems with 20+ hours in the previous patch, but a cavalcade of errors in just 15 minutes.

I'd just wait for a patch to the patch before you try to play on PC.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I decided to redownload the game on PS4, and I've been sitting here for over 15 fucking minutes just trying to start Paris while connected, and it fails every single time. I was excited for the new episode, but I'm not touching this shit until the online requirement is removed, which I don't see happening. The option to reconnect in the patch would be nice, but I see myself having to reconnect every few steps.

dreamfall

Yeah, after messing around with both the DX11 and 12 settings, the broken VSync is killing me. Performance is worse across the board, got to wait for a hotfix or something !

I love this game but the little bugs are pissing me off.

Challenges: I have 3 left to do in Paris and I'm the kinda guy who has to check every little box off or I'm not satisfied.
1. 5 Elusive - fine, I can't do this yet so I'm ok with it.

2. Do all Vampire Magician challenges. Seeing as how I have no other challenges left but these 3 and they have nothing to do with a vampire costume, I have no idea what this is about.

3. Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Ok, I did this once awhile back, it checked off. Then a few days later it was unchecked again. A few days later it was ok again. Now the past week, it's showing up as not done again. I've done it 10 times tonight and it just will NOT pop again and it's got me very pissed off.

2. Do all Vampire Magician challenges. Seeing as how I have no other challenges left but these 3 and they have nothing to do with a vampire costume, I have no idea what this is about.

This is a known bug acknowledged by the developers, but I'm not clear at all on whether it was supposed to be fixed in the latest patch. They have posted elsewhere that it will be fixed by Sapienza's release.

m4st4

F3BEZ5e.jpg

What seems to be the problem? Did they fuck up the aim or is it the hat?

smh if the patch breaks the console version too.

This game's been a mess from the beginning. Can you imagine how great it would be if they just made a normal Hitman title.

Ludens

Banned
I wonder how hard it is to fix the 600 fps in the menu thing. This game will kill my GPU, and I'm not the only one with this problem. No matter if I capped the game to 60 fps using the option from the launcher, fps are insanely high on the menu.
Also I tried with RivaTuner but it doesn't work for me, it slow the game so much it's unplayable, like single digit stuff. I read there are problems with 64 bit OS, I have Win 10, so I think that's the problem, but I can't fix it.

Anyway did devs thest their fixes before releasing them? Because really this update is a mess for everyone, I don't know how they managed to screw it up so hard.

Also since my memory is faulty, am I the only one remembering there should be two missions for each level, bringing the total to 12 missions like older Hitman games?

I mean, I know they already planned a second season, but if this means each "season" is 60€ for six missions and 32964234729346324 challenges, than I will take other seasons when 75% off, honestly. Challenges are a cheap way to artificially increase the game's lenght. Ok, I spent 24 hours on Paris, but 24 hours doing the same thing, and how many hours did I spend just waiting for the target to reach a specific spot to assassinate him in the level? I spent 40 minutes only yesterday waiting for Viktor to reach the little garden to electrocute him, in example.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've bought the intro pack so far. It's cheaper to get the upgrade pack than buy the locations individually right? Looking forward to Sapienza, the game could be GotY by the time it's all out if they get their patches and performance in order.

Also since my memory is faulty, am I the only one remembering there should be two missions for each level, bringing the total to 12 missions like older Hitman games?

I think you're referring to the release info from last year that said six missions for the first three levels. So it just sounded like it would be divided up 2/2/2, but that was never explicitly announced.

Based on the information gleaned from prerelease materials there should be another mission for Sapienza coming up with two more targets. Presumably additional missions won't get smaller following that, so maybe there will be a three-mission level at some point?

I can't imagine how long we would have to wait for a level big enough to support three missions, though.

Ozium

I think you're referring to the release info from last year that said six missions for the first three levels. So it just sounded like it would be divided up 2/2/2, but that was never explicitly announced.

Based on the information gleaned from prerelease materials there should be another mission for Sapienza coming up with two more targets. Presumably additional missions won't get smaller following that, so maybe there will be a three-mission level at some point?

I can't imagine how long we would have to wait for a level big enough to support three missions, though.

that was purely speculation though and in IO's sapienza announcement they only list 1 mission. also still no hotfix? pls

I don't know if everybody except me knows that at this point but I rewatched the Hitman reveal trailer, which is awesome, btw. And it shows that the setting for the morocco hit will be a riot (the one we saw in the season premiere trailer) because of a bank scandal. and the target seems to be the guy who embezzled the money.

I hope we get to throw him into the mob, that would be a nice signature kill.

edit: I also noticed that we saw no footage from the 2nd half of the season at all. It's always only Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh.

that was purely speculation though and in IO's sapienza announcement they only list 1 mission. also still no hotfix? pls

Well, they got the title of the first mission right. By next week we should also have confirmation on the target names.

And why would IO release two story missions at once? They need to space out the content to keep people playing.

xrnzaaas

I wonder how hard it is to fix the 600 fps in the menu thing. This game will kill my GPU, and I'm not the only one with this problem. No matter if I capped the game to 60 fps using the option from the launcher, fps are insanely high on the menu.
Also I tried with RivaTuner but it doesn't work for me, it slow the game so much it's unplayable, like single digit stuff. I read there are problems with 64 bit OS, I have Win 10, so I think that's the problem, but I can't fix it.

Anyway did devs thest their fixes before releasing them? Because really this update is a mess for everyone, I don't know how they managed to screw it up so hard.

I mean, I know they already planned a second season, but if this means each "season" is 60€ for six missions and 32964234729346324 challenges, than I will take other seasons when 75% off, honestly. Challenges are a cheap way to artificially increase the game's lenght. Ok, I spent 24 hours on Paris, but 24 hours doing the same thing, and how many hours did I spend just waiting for the target to reach a specific spot to assassinate him in the level? I spent 40 minutes only yesterday waiting for Viktor to reach the little garden to electrocute him, in example.

I think that by choosing to go episodic they backed themselves into a corner really. If each episode had missions with smaller areas similar in size to Blood Money then there wouldn't be enough replayability while waiting for the next episode. So they're stuck with doing several huge maps and telling people to go nuts. I don't mind replaying a mission a few times to discover drastically different outcomes but I see no fun in spending 10 or even 20 hours in one area discovering absolutely everything about it (yes I played the Paris mission on someone else's account). If the final game ends up with 6 story missions then I simply won't buy it.

Pinewood

I dont see how the new Hitman ties into Absolution and how it ended. Did someone wipe 47s memory and he started all this again? Is he broke and needs money? And whats with no wrinkes, botox?

I dont see how the new Hitman ties into Absolution and how it ended. Did someone wipe 47s memory and he started all this again? Is he broke and needs money? And whats with no wrinkes, botox?
I assume it comes before Absolution, while 47 was still working for the ICA with Diana as his handler.

This game is a soft reboot of sorts. 47's previous hits still happened since they're in the 'Legacy' trailer at the start of the game, but the larger stories they were part of are gone and 47's still just toiling away at the Agency as normal.

There is a 20-year gap between the tutorial and the regular missions. All the previous games happened in between.

Does anyone know what the load times are like now on Xbox One? I'm trying to decide which platform to buy this on, choices being PC or Xbox One. I know the load times are going to be better on PC but the server issues that I've heard about are a little concerning. Any help would be much appreciated!

Top Bottom