• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Brophy

Neo Member
7WPqKAB.png
qq4U1Bj.png
dDbzZlC.png

Brophy

Neo Member
More interesting is the above images suggests a sunset/night mission in Sapienza despite what the HITMAN twitter feed said.

The PAX East panel should start in just a few minutes. (twitch.tv/PAX2)

reality: COINS COINS COINS BASH HEAD IN PUT BODY IN CLOSET MAGIC CLOTHES CHANGE COINS

I think they just quoted this post.

Also, they just hinted that there will be some kind of elusive target where there are identical twins but only one of them is the target. I think this is one of the premises leaked by that video from last month.

Edit: There's a
woodchipper
in Sapienza. You can
put bodies inside and choose whether to turn it on

First question was about the always online nonsense. Good man. Unfortunately the way it was phrased allowed the Io people to talk about how it allows them to update things on the fly without having to patch the game.

They do not explain why single player progression has been made an online only feature. Which is the crux of it all.

Ozium

sad no one asked about the latest PC patch breaking everything :(
sad IO hasn't even commented on it on their blog or steam forums :(
will they even fix anything before Sapienza?

sad no one asked about the latest PC patch breaking everything :(
sad IO hasn't even commented on it on their blog or steam forums :(
will they even fix anything before Sapienza?

For what its worth, I was able to get a game going on the newest PC patch. Finished all the challenges and did a few rounds of some of the escalations. I think I did hard freeze a couple times and have to alt-f4 and restart so its very YMMV.

Before the game was freezing every few minutes but what I did start start Paris from scratch and not load a saved game, maybe certain save states loaded from a pre-patch save cause more problems.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just did some quick performance tests on PS4. Loading times are better but certainly much longer than most games. 1min to load Paris cold, 32sec to reload.

Menus are noticeably snappier. Less lag than beforehand. Not perfect but less seconds spent wasted on a static screen. Still makes my fan go crazy though.

Trophies for Sapienza look the same as Paris.

Moff

Is this really a thing that bothers people? Asking a serious question because it never really mattered to me what accents the NPCs speak in.

Yes
It didn't bother me in Paris because that fashion show was somehow an international event.
but if there's no Italian in that small village with the local Mafia it's definitely a flaw. not a big one for me but certainly something I'll notice.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I'm just gonna wait for the complete game. I just want to kill my targets and move on. Having to replay each level for two months isn't very fun, and the game is still pretty much online only.

PS4 Loading times

patch 1.03 / patch 1.04

Paris mission

Initial loading time -> 1 minute 13 seconds / 54 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 46 seconds / 33 seconds

Yacht mission

Initial loading time -> 22 seconds / 20 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 9 seconds / 8 seconds

Final Test airport hangar mission

Initial loading time -> 18 seconds / 15 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 7 seconds / 7 seconds

They also added blood splatters and you can now hide equipped weapons hud.

Elusive Targets are still nowhere to be found.

MaKTaiL

So, after playing for a while (on PS4), here is what I noticed so far:

- Loading times are MUCH faster now. It has finally reached an acceptable place.
- Framerate is the same, if not a little better in some places.
- Gamma is finally fixed and it's the same from the Beta now (the final version came with a lowered gamma that made the game too dark, it has now been fixed). You guys will notice a lot more graphical detail now.
- New holstering animation is really good.
- Menus are much faster to load now, specially when you hit the button to view an opportunity or access the map in-game.
- You can now see which Escalation missions you completed with ease.
- New blood spatter when you kill someone, really nice.
- Bonus: new Elusive Challange II says we will unlock Blood Money suit after killing 10 Elusive Targets. Can't wait.

Ludens

Banned
So, after playing for a while, here is what I noticed so far:

- Loading times are MUCH faster now. It has finally reached an acceptable place.
- Framerate is the same, if not a little better in some places.
- Gamma is finally fixed and it's the same from the Beta now (the final version came with a lowered gamma that made the game too dark, it has now been fixed). You guys will notice a lot more graphical detail now.
- New holstering animation is really good.
- Menus are much faster to load now, specially when you hit the button to view an opportunity or access the map in-game.
- You can now see which Escalation missions you completed with ease.
- New blood spatter when you kill someone, really nice.
- Bonus: new Elusive Challange II says we will unlock Blood Money suit after killing 10 Elusive Targets. Can't wait.

Wasn't Blood Money suit a pre-order item? If it isn't the Requiem suit, what's the difference between the regular 47 suit and BM one? They are the same. Also I suppose you are on PS4, right?

MaKTaiL

Wasn't Blood Money suit a pre-order item? If it isn't the Requiem suit, what's the difference between the regular 47 suit and BM one? They are the same. Also I suppose you are on PS4, right?
Yes, I'm playing on PS4. The Blood Money suit wasn't a pre-order item, Requiem was. The BM suit probably has gloves.

Yes, I'm playing on PS4. The Blood Money suit wasn't a pre-order item, Requiem was. The BM suit probably has gloves.

I think I remember hearing something similar with regards to the Absolution suit...so really, the question will be what the difference is between the Absolution suit and the Blood Money suit.

I think I remember hearing something similar with regards to the Absolution suit...so really, the question will be what the difference is between the Absolution suit and the Blood Money suit.

It's purely cosmetic. The Absolution suit has a pocket square & tie pin, with black driving gloves. The Blood Money suit has proper leather dress gloves and a striped red/gold tie & striped white shirt.

You have to wonder how frequently these Elusive Targets are going to be released when they get the ball rolling.

It's purely cosmetic. The Absolution suit has a pocket square & tie pin, with black driving gloves. The Blood Money suit has proper leather dress gloves and a striped red/gold tie & striped white shirt.

You have to wonder how frequently these Elusive Targets are going to be released when they get the ball rolling.

Well, I mean of course it's cosmetic. But cosmetics are cool. :)

Ozium

With the release of that PC update, there were a few unintended issues in a few different areas, notably graphics options, game audio, Agency pickups and subduing NPC's in small areas. All of those issues that were reported across our forums, Reddit, Twitter etc. have been tracked and logged by the development team. Some of them have already been tagged and fixed, others are being investigated. As soon as we have a status overview of when fixes will be applied to the game, we'll share those details. In the meantime, thank you for your input and patience.

so who knows when shit will be fixed, fuck this game/fuck IO.. like lets release a major patch that breaks things (not the first time either) a few days before a big piece of content comes out, apparently not even testing it given how widespread the issues are, and then lollygag around for who knows how long

Ludens

Banned
so who knows when shit will be fixed, fuck this game/fuck IO.. like lets release a major patch that breaks things (not the first time either) a few days before a big piece of content comes out, apparently not even testing it given how widespread the issues are, and then lollygag around for who knows how long

I don't understand why IO didn't roll back the patch on PC, since it only caused issues to everyone.

NeoRaider

So game works worse than before with latest patch on PC is that right?
Should i wait for the new patch to fix things before i start playing? Is it coming together with Episode 2?

Sometimes i wonder do they even test these patches before the release.

Foffy

Banned

Too many apologies. Is it every week they're saying sorry about something?

Ludens

Banned
So game works worse than before with latest patch on PC is that right?
Should i wait for the new patch to fix things before i start playing? Is it coming together with Episode 2?

Sometimes i wonder do they even test these patches before the release.

Yes, my advice is just wait until a proper fix will hit Steam.
I mean, the game is not optimized even with the old patch (as I wrote, when playing it my gpu reaches 80c in the main menu, I have something like 600 fps in it and when playing the temperature is always very very high, something I never experimented even in triple A games like MGSV, Mad Max and Witcher 3: it plays ok, but really it should be optimized), but after the patch the situation is much worse, since graphics are horrible, there are disconnections, stuttering, tearing, npc ai is broke...really, it's a mass, I don't understand HOW IO managed to screw-up this patch so hard, they didn't bother to test it at all since I still need to read about someone having benefits from it.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread so apologies if this has been brought up.

But I don't see Episode 2 on the PSN store anywhere. Will I be able to preload it if I have the intro-pack?

Edit: Saw the notes earlier. Seems I have to wait until it releases. Bummer.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I might wait to see how the performance is on Xbox, being a bigger and more open map. If it's below the locked 30fps of Paris, I might have to switch to PS4. Do we know if the base game is needed to the other episodes? Or can you buy them individually?

IMACOMPUTA

Wondering if I should get this game on PC, ps4, or at all.
I love the Hitman series, but heard awful things when this came out.

Any suggestions?

Foffy

Banned
pretty much and we still don't have elusive targets

sorry!

probably because it has stuff needed for Sapienza

Is it sad I am somewhat happy Elusive Targets are still...elusive in their release?

Knowing my luck, they'll start coming out next week, the one week where I will very likely be away from the internet, and thus, this game. I'd be so mad if they dropped next week, as I want to play them, but at the same time I am focusing on a massive vocational/lifestyle change, so I'm caught between the worlds of familiarity and desire, and the world of unfamiliarity and sincerity. :(

Moff

Wondering if I should get this game on PC, ps4, or at all.
I love the Hitman series, but heard awful things when this came out.

Any suggestions?

if the following episodes are evern nearly as good as the first one this will easily be the best hitman game so far and ps4 has terrible loading times and Pc none at all

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
my same reaction hahaha
I'm not liking this new direction to be honest. Seems to be going a little too away from what makes Hitman what it is. I want big, replayable levels, but I guess this is Square trying to cater to the mainstream audience.

Top Bottom