• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

brau

I'm not liking this new Hitman direction to be honest. Seems to be going a little too away from what makes Hitman what it is.

I guess in a lot of ways this twist to the core of the game seems to fit the main theme that is assasination. Its all a puzzle in the end. Maybe we should wait and see the game first before passing judgement on it. Give this new Hitman a chance!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I guess in a lot of ways this twist to the core of the game seems to fit the main theme that is assasination. Its all a puzzle in the end. Maybe we should wait and see the game first before passing judgement on it. Give this new Hitman a chance!
Just seems like change for the sake of change. Did Miyamoto produce it?

brau

Just seems like change for the sake of change. Did Miyamoto produce it?

image.php

So its confirmed then. They are adding motion controls?

Moff

not sure if it's been posted here but on steam it will unlock on 9am PST 18PM CET
achievements are already visible

justjim89

Geeze, hopefully a new patch rolls out with Sapienza, cause the last one really fucked the game's performance on my end. Haven't played in a few weeks and just fired it up, and it was really rough.

Can't wait for the new location. Though I haven't played since the latest patch. So people have been having a bunch of problems with it? Performance wasn't as great as I would of hoped on my 980Ti (45-60fps) in Paris. It has gotten worse since the patch?

Can't wait for the new location. Though I haven't played since the latest patch. So people have been having a bunch of problems with it? Performance wasn't as great as I would of hoped on my 980Ti (45-60fps) in Paris. It has gotten worse since the patch?

For me the fps is the same... The problem is a very clear stutter that happens from time to time.

Ozium

for NA only Xbox One people get it at midnight, PS4 people have to wait for the store update tomorrow between 8-10 pacific and Steam people will have to wait for the store to update at 9 pacific

hope I don't have to wait long after release to actually play it though, since they need to fix their shit

Ozium

Gotta wait until tomorrow for Steam! Really excited - although I hope they roll out a patch with it...

Thought the PC version would release at midnight, that's disappointing. I'm dying to play it!

I want to play it as soon as possible, and that is dependent on when they patch the patch :/

edit: the one major thing that broke my game, the messed up aiming that I posted a picture about, seems to only occur on the DX12 version so I might try sapienza a little :/

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can we get some impressions for the performance on Xbox? Is it as rock solid 30fps as Paris? I also assume it's still 1080p?

BunkerStar

Neo Member
Just did my first playtrough and already ran in to a pretty big bug.

This is how I took out Silvio Caruso (spoilers?): https://youtu.be/pRa7h306K-0

Basically tried what would happen if I activated the observatory while Silvio was downstairs on his computer and he just got stuck typing on the observatory controls. His bodyguards just stared at him for the rest of eternity.

I wonder how much playtesting they did before release.

Edit:
Also, no idea what you're supposed to do to get the golf-instructor or detective costume and not get spotted. The former walks 10m between two groups of guards and the latter walks through the alleys filled with civilians. No luck trying to hide their bodies before anyone walks up.

Weird stuff with these two guys also. Couldn't get the golf-instructor to start moving until I threw a coin next to him to "snap him out" of just hanging by the table and while tailing the detective, sometimes the civilians locations would randomly change on seperate loads of the same save file (like the woman in the alley suddenly sitting on a bench next to the box you can dump bodies in).

Foffy

Banned
Just did my first playtrough and already ran in to a pretty big bug.

This is how I took out Silvio Caruso (spoilers?): https://youtu.be/pRa7h306K-0

Basically tried what would happen if I activated the observatory while Silvio was downstairs on his computer and he just got stuck typing on the observatory controls. His bodyguards just stared at him for the rest of eternity.

I wonder how much playtesting they did before release.

Post this to their Twitter.

Post back here when they reply with "Apologies". ;)

Ozium

Post this to their Twitter.

Post back here when they reply with "Apologies". ;)

IO
you an apology
Technologies

edit: I'm seeing on reddit people with the console version of the new patch experiencing issues subduing people in small rooms as well...

to you lucky people playing Sapienza already, how do you compare it to Paris?

I finished the mission earlier, I took about 2 hours.

And I still didn't explore all of Sapienza it's just so big. Just like the previews said, it's completely different from Paris, which had a rather symmetrical map layout. Sapienza is like a maze, just like you'd imagine a little european coastal town. Signature kills and opportunities seem to be even more creative than Paris aswell.

in short: I can't wait to put more time into this episode!

ZeroX03

Banned
I finished the mission earlier, I took about 2 hours.

And I still didn't explore all of Sapienza it's just so big. Just like the previews said, it's completely different from Paris, which had a rather symmetrical map layout. Sapienza is like a maze, just like you'd imagine a little european coastal town. Signature kills and opportunities seem to be even more creative than Paris aswell.

in short: I can't wait to put more time into this episode!

Sounds fantastic.

etta

my hard graphic balls
only played it for about 15 minutes but it seems fine. here's a screenshot from the xbox
Looks pretty good, aside from some of the textures on the buildings. If the 30fps is as solid as Paris, I'll grab it on Xbox. Thanks!

Do we know the price for the new episode on ps4

It should be 9.99, no?

Speaking of which. If I bought the intro pack, is there a difference for me if I just buy the episodes as they come out as opposed to buying the upgrade pack price wise?

I'm planning on buying all the eps regardless but don't want to waste unnecessary money. However, I'd rather do 9.99 at a time rather then all at one time.

Sweet, I already have a challenge done in Sapienza despite not being able to download the map yet!

That should be the 10 escalations challenge, which is common across every level.

Edit: By the way, I notice that Sapienza mastery level 1 needs 6000 XP right off the bat. Maybe there's a chance that you can't get to level 20 from the World of Tomorrow mission alone?

Sapienza is so crazy big. There's stuff going on in this level that I have no idea how it connects to the objectives but I'm sure it can in some way.

Edit: By the way, I notice that Sapienza mastery level 1 needs 6000 XP right off the bat. Maybe there's a chance that you can't get to level 20 from the World of Tomorrow mission alone?
I got to level 7 on my first playthrough and there's still 80 more challenges so I think it is possible on just this mission unless the XP needed raises exponentially.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The base game with Episode 1 is needed for Episode 2, right? I'm not seing anywhere on the Xbox page that you need the Intro Pack for it to work, though.

ZeroX03

Banned
The base game with Episode 1 is needed for Episode 2, right? I'm not seing anywhere on the Xbox page that you need the Intro Pack for it to work, though.

Yes the intro pack is required. The PS Store and Steam do say it (for the upgrade pack I should say). It's under the add-on sections anyway.

pupcoffee

Italy question. Why can't I find the
scientist who went to church? He's not in there.

I reloaded a save made from inside
the lab
and when it was done loading the game's frame rate then ran at 1fps for approximately 10 seconds before speeding up. And I can't connect to the servers, ugh.

Good level, though.

Top Bottom