• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MMaRsu

Sapienza is so damn good!!! Framerate has improved a lot as well, at least on uncapped ps4. Seems like its 60 a lot of the time

Dinjoralo

Well, DX12 is buggered for me, but apparently DX11 runs way better that it did earlier?? Okay.

And... Damn it, fucking server! I just wanna take a peek at sapienza before classes today!

thenexus6

Downloading now.. just finished Ratchet and Clank so challenge mode on that + Hitman should fill the void while I wait for Uncharted.

Yeah its safe. havent had any disconnections since the beta honestly, the first map Paris has some slowdown if you unlock the fps. The second level is much better.

From what I was able to see in the flyover trailers and whatnot, the crowds are a lot more sparse, so that makes sense. If that's the case, I expect Marrakesh to be Paris levels of slowdown.

Moff

so, is sapienza only 1 mission with 2 targets or are there more missions with different targets? were the leaks wrong?

so, is sapienza only 1 mission with 2 targets or are there more missions with different targets? were the leaks wrong?

The second mission could come in a pair of weeks, or even between episode releases. We don't know.

But in the last leak there were some photos in night setting (see last page) which makes it more "real".

Same problem. Purchased the full version already and the upgrade pack shows that too but the game thinks otherwise.

East Coast US here, same deal. I think I remember seeing it was supposed to pop at around 9 pst, so around noonish? I'll have to kick off the download when I get home from work, which means I *might* be able to play tonight. My PS4's wifi is notoriously awful.

East Coast US here, same deal. I think I remember seeing it was supposed to pop at around 9 pst, so around noonish? I'll have to kick off the download when I get home from work, which means I *might* be able to play tonight. My PS4's wifi is notoriously awful.

Oh bummer. I bought the upgrade pack thinking ep 2 was already downloaded. Ugh, I just wanna play Square.

MMaRsu

Hook a cable up? Ps4 wifi is horrible.

MaKTaiL

2 reviews are released:

-Gamesradar
-WCCFtech
Gamesradar negatives are stupid. A fix to the connection drop is already available on PC and it's coming soon for consoles (you will be able to reconnect instead of being booted to the menu like before). The second negative is even more stupid. It's an episodic game, no point in puting this as a negative everytime a new episode releases. It's like complaining that a TV show is bad because it's not following the Netflix style of release. Shitty review.

Audioboxer

Gamesradar negatives are stupid. A fix to the connection drop is already available on PC and it's coming soon for consoles (you will be able to reconnect instead of being booted to the menu like before). The second negative is even more stupid. It's an episodic game, no point in puting this as a negative everytime a new episode releases. It's like complaining that a TV show is bad because it's not following the Netflix style of release. Shitty review.

They've still given it a good score, and until the patch is released on all platforms the issue still persists when the review is done.

I've just bought the intro pack, so time to see how things are!

Eh, it's the kind of negative that means "it's so good we want the rest noow!", not a serious negative point.

Hook a cable up? Ps4 wifi is horrible.

Yeah, but I have the PS4 hooked up in the office, and the router is downstairs. I might haul it down, hook it up, and let it ride while cooking dinner. That might work.

...or I can go back to my Dark Souls run and try to actually beat Ornstein & Smough. Screw those guys.

Jito

Banned
Defended these network issues closer to release because it's a new game and every game seems to have network issues on release. Now that I'm still experiencing consistent disconnects over a month later and on their second content release is unacceptable. Terrible idea that is really ruining a great game.

MaKTaiL

Eh, it's the kind of negative that means "it's so good we want the rest noow!", not a serious negative point.
It didn't sound like that to me. It sounded like " The episodic release was a huge mistake on Hitman, the game would be Blbetter if all of it was available at once."

holygeesus

Banned
I notice Steam is saying that an update will be released at the same time as the new mission(s). So I'm guessing the patch will download automatically but I will have to manually initiate the new levels? Seems a bit messy.

Played for about an hour and haven't even approached the targets yet.
This location is massive, all those streets, sewers, small shops, buildings with multiple floors... Sneaking also seems harder here than around Paris where you could easily get almost everywhere in Helmut disguise.
Also, do targets ever leave the mansion? I've seen some stuff for unique kills in town, is it just for future escalation and user-made contracts?

Moff

Played for about an hour and haven't even approached the targets yet.
This location is massive, all those streets, sewers, small shops, buildings with multiple floors... Sneaking also seems harder here than around Paris where you could easily get almost everywhere in Helmut disguise.
Also, do targets ever leave the mansion? I've seen some stuff for unique kills in town, is it just for future escalation and user-made contracts?

if you really want to know and spoil yourself you can just check out the opportunities in the mission menu

So wait did Sapienza come out on the ps4 yesterday or today? I went to check the game and it told me I had to buy the level yesterday even though I bought the full experience. And then I couldn't find the Sapienza level anywhere

Turnbl

So wait did Sapienza come out on the ps4 yesterday or today? I went to check the game and it told me I had to buy the level yesterday even though I bought the full experience. And then I couldn't find the Sapienza level anywhere

Midnight yesterday in UK. So 'today' if you are in US.

I had the same problem, I thought the 1.04 update would preload the new level, but like you Sapienza showed as not bought in game despite me having the season pass.

Turns out you need to search for the dlc in the PS store, which should show as free for you, and download from there.

MaKTaiL

For those on Console that are experiencing framerate issues after the last patch, one of the devs responded on the Hitman Forums:

"Just a quick note. We’re aware of the framerate issues you're discussing here on consoles and have already got some fixes in the pipeline. If all goes to plan, we hope to have them released with a game update at some point next week.

Full details will, as always, come via the blog." - by Travis_IOI

Also, the Full Experience and the Intro Pack are on 10% sale for PSN+ users.

Moff

it's now in the steam library in my dlc as "not installed" but it doesn't download when I uncheck and check the box, is there anything else I need to do?

mattp

For those on Console that are experiencing framerate issues after the last patch, one of the devs responded on the Hitman Forums:

"Just a quick note. We’re aware of the framerate issues you're discussing here on consoles and have already got some fixes in the pipeline. If all goes to plan, we hope to have them released with a game update at some point next week.

Full details will, as always, come via the blog." - by Travis_IOI

Also, the Full Experience and the Intro Pack are on 10% sale for PSN+ users.

but not the upgrade pack? :\

MMaRsu

Defended these network issues closer to release because it's a new game and every game seems to have network issues on release. Now that I'm still experiencing consistent disconnects over a month later and on their second content release is unacceptable. Terrible idea that is really ruining a great game.

Sorry but are you on ps4? Check your network settings because Ive not had a disconnect in ages. Maybe once?

Jito

Banned
Sorry but are you on ps4? Check your network settings because Ive not had a disconnect in ages. Maybe once?

What's to check? I'm connected and it works fine on all other games but likes disconnecting me mid mission on Hitman. Had hardly any issues last month playing Paris while others where having a nightmare with disconnects, while I've already had two disconnects on Sapienza today. It's clearly issues on their end.

Top Bottom