• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Explosive golfball.

giphy.gif

MMaRsu

What's to check? I'm connected and it works fine on all other games but likes disconnecting me mid mission on Hitman. Had hardly any issues last month playing Paris while others where having a nightmare with disconnects, while I've already had two disconnects on Sapienza today. It's clearly issues on their end.

Where are you located then? Might be a local server issue thing because Im in The Netherlands and like I say, Ive not had disconnects. Maybe once when the game first came out. im on wired.

Karak

What's to check? I'm connected and it works fine on all other games but likes disconnecting me mid mission on Hitman. Had hardly any issues last month playing Paris while others where having a nightmare with disconnects, while I've already had two disconnects on Sapienza today. It's clearly issues on their end.

Disconnects have very little to do with your personal settings. Its already confirmed on their end.

NeoRaider

One final thing: We are very close to releasing an update that addresses some of the issues reported after our patch last week. If all goes to plan, we'll push that update out on Steam later this week. Expect another announcement when it's live.

This is so disappointing! :/

justjim89

Yeah, the update does't actually add any new files.

Also bummed to hear that patch to fix the last patch won't be up til later in the week. Jesus this thing has been a mess.

Randdalf

Yeah, the update does't actually add any new files.

Also bummed to hear that patch to fix the last patch won't be up til later in the week. Jesus this thing has been a mess.

Patches for most games are often finished weeks before they're actually released so they can be QA tested (at least that's been my experience working on a live game). That is unless they contain a very important hotfix. It doesn't surprise me that it'd take that long.

Murkas

Yeah same for me, game worked flawlessly during Paris but playing Sapienza, disconnect every 5 mins, made it unplayable.

I'm hoping it's just day 1 server crap.

Profanity

Patches for most games are often finished weeks before they're actually released so they can be QA tested (at least that's been my experience working on a live game). That is unless they contain a very important hotfix. It doesn't surprise me that it'd take that long.

I'd deem not being able to set my own graphical options and gamma levels warrants a very important hotfix. That they haven't gotten this out before Episode 2 is astonishing.

I gather that the Steam release time has been bumped to 10am PST. What I don't know is where I'm supposed to get that from, other than piecing it together from random forum posts and tweets.

So how is this supposed to work? Doesn't seem to at the moment.
Steam says Episode 2 is installed, but it has not actually downloaded anything. There's a HITMAN entry in the download list which says it was completed 10 minutes ago and has downloaded 0 of 0 bytes.

jediyoshi

I gather that the Steam release time has been bumped to 10am PST. What I don't know is where I'm supposed to get that from, other than piecing it together from random forum posts and tweets.

Well, you got it from your conjecture :p I wouldn't put stock into it if they didn't explicitly say anything seeing as how upfront they tried to be in the release window otherwise. Especially if this is only affecting one platform.

I found switching PC version to DX11 from default DX12 mitigated a lot of the crash problems for me, YMMV. And start a mission from fresh, don't load a Paris save from pre 1.03 patch.

Downloading 4 gig update now, gonna play around with Sapienza right after I run some errands.

Their blog said the patch was due today.

We were talking of the pc patch to fix the previous one. This part "If all goes to plan, we'll push that update out on Steam later this week. Expect another announcement when it's live."

I'm not defending them, mind you, I'm also affected the by last week's update. I'm saying I'm not surprised of them needing one week to patch the game, there were several issues and big games like these from big publishers (not indie games) are complex and there is always lots of bureaucracy.

I'm in.

If you read the bio about Carusso, it totally confirms the first leaks, about him having two other siblings, which are twin brothers. They will be part of another mission, in theory.

Game runs at 1600p, 60fps, with a 290x. Game is really optimized for Amd! No stutter like in Paris (since the last patch).

But the game still have the problem of the world disappearing when I use my pistol. I will try in dx11. edit2 : it works fine in dx11. That's one less thing. I also noticed the bloom is a bit too strong in dx12 in comparison with dx11.

Holy shit this is big. Not only the scenario is bigger in width than Paris, it's also bigger in "depth", the map shows eight floor plans!
In other hand I seeing weaker textures in this scenario than in Paris, maybe the price to pay for a bigger level with great performance. edit: or maybe it related to the bugged settings some people mention?
edit 2: in Dx 11 the textures look better, so it was a dx12 issue.

There are six new items. I won't spoil what they are. 2 weapons, 4 new tools, some totally new, some old friends.

And no connection problems, not even playing at the first hour of release of the episode in Steam.

Foffy

Banned
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but since the last patch on PC subduing someone on PC will rarely kill them. It's weird.

People have cited this as a repeat occurrence. Some users have said small rooms and doing subduing near walls kills them.

IO fixes one problem (accidents now count as accident kills just like in Blood Money, IIRC) and then adds another. Quite an experimental game.

Been having this odd glitch, when I subdue someone they will sometimes randomly just die.

Other then that Ep2 is amazing. And the unlocks will make Paris replays more interesting, which is what I was hoping.

So i fired the game up on my Xbox One and there was like a gig update and thought.... this is for the new mission? Not bad. But then i noticed i had to download it from the marketplace. 7.34gb

Anyway,in the marketplace i also saw things like the white suit and some items/weapons but it says Bundle only. I however don't have that white suit but i do have the full experience. How come?

So i fired the game up on my Xbox One and there was like a gig update and thought.... this is for the new mission? Not bad. But then i noticed i had to download it from the marketplace. 7.34gb

Anyway,in the marketplace i also saw things like the white suit and some items/weapons but it says Bundle only. I however don't have that white suit but i do have the full experience. How come?

In Steam you had to select the extra items as separate (free) dlc. And in my case, the key for that dlc came in a later, separate email from Amazon.

Jesus man wtf. I was just playing the Paris mission and out of the blue it disconnects me from the server and goes back to the main menu.

REALLY? Is this terrible nonsense actually still in it?

Top Bottom