• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NeoRaider

I installed and tried it, and it really is broken on PC. It looks like some settings don't even work at all.

- It messes up Hz on my TV when i set it to native 1080p and exclusive fullscreen. And i can't do anything about it, it's unplayable.
- Vsync doesn't work at all.
- Changing settings does nothing, it looks like game works on some Low or Medium settings and i can only change resolution.

How they let this happen? I am waiting for the patch.

Foffy

Banned
I installed and tried it, and it really is broken on PC. It looks like some settings don't even work at all.

- It messes up Hz on my TV when i set it to native 1080p and exclusive fullscreen. And i can't do anything about it, it's unplayable.
- Vsync doesn't work at all.
- Changing settings does nothing, it looks like game works on some Low or Medium settings and i can only change resolution.

How they let this happen? I am waiting for the patch.

Holy fuckballs, what?

Foffy

Banned
apologies. thank you for your patience.

image.php

Man, we're meanies.

xVodevil

On DX12 it is stuttering like hell.... Paris was rather all right, but this is unplayable. I'll test it thoroughly tomorrow, but this doesn't seem right.

holygeesus

Banned
DX11 with regular fullscreen is fine for me. Everything maxed out on a 980ti/6700k. DX12 is stuttery as hell as is exclusive fullscreen.

Ozium

IO Studio Head Hannes Seifert said:
When people hear Early Access they often think unfinished, unpolished and buggy. That’s the opposite [to what we’re doing]

2a8kuoz.gif

DX11 with regular fullscreen is fine for me. Everything maxed out on a 980ti/6700k. DX12 is stuttery as hell as is exclusive fullscreen.

how about the audio issues, where music won't play and sounds won't be heard?

justjim89

Man, this new level is fucking beautiful, and massive. I can see myself spending another 30 hours in here. I also like that they seem to have redacted or hidden a lot of the challenges and opportunities.

I just played the Steam version for 90 minutes on low settings on a laptop. Perfectly playable for me. Maybe some of y'all just need to bump your settings down a bit.

I can't wait to find this
ICA safehouse
, wherever it is.

Also, hopefully it will be a tradition for every level to have a
unique NPC who is a white bald man.

Foffy

Banned
I haven't played the game in weeks, but is it just me or does Paris perform better and worse on PS4?

Load times for the levels are good, but picking up items makes the game freeze for a second, and h o l y s h i t the framerate drop when you do melee stuff that adds a depth of field effect. Like, it's running Alpha build bad there.

Just started playing the new mission but I'm already about to quit this goddamn game. Yet fucking again it disconnects me from the Hitman servers and throws me back to the main menu.

I'm done with this bullshit for today. What the hell is this?

The weird thing is, is that my brother doesn't have this issue. We share games on X1 but that shouldn't matter. This BS should have been removed, so that you don't get thrown back to the main menu.

Omfg, there's not even a option to turn the servers off and just play it offline? Wow. No words. So it's basically unplayable for me now.

Moff

I keep being lucky, still no issues on pc. vsync still works because of my gsync monitor probably.

the level design is out of this world, that level is just incredible

did anyone find the surveillance center to delete the camera tapes?

Ozium

I understand. It's totally impossible to play in this state! I will do it for you. Just chill meanwhile.

(But I agree this is being a bit more unpolished than it should be, and it wouldn't have happened with a normal retail release).

PD: Light spoiler in the chill screenshot, it's a funny disguise (and item!).

I don't know why you are mocking people who are having legitimate issues since the friday patch, I can't even turn the camera without screen tearing everywhere. Then there is the loss of audio cues and music not playing..

etta

my hard graphic balls
Paging Dark10x: Are you DF guys doing a performance analysis for this level as you did for Paris?

Before i started the game today i received an update, after that was done i started playing the Paris mission and soon i was disconnected from their servers. It's absolutely bullshit because once back on the main menu I'm connected. Pre this update i had NONE of these issues.

Very nice.

Meneses

Zero disconnects so far on EU PS4, but I have experienced a few issues:

- That "subdue counts as kill for some reason" thing happened to me and ruined an otherwise non-lethal run.
- The sound is definitely fucked up, music doesn't play properly sometimes, and the audio mix for important NPC dialogue seems to be too low at points.
- I do get a slight stutter when using melee (the first escalation level involves precisely that).

Other than that it's performing quite well.

Brigandier

I just can't get this game to work.... Crash crash crash.

Every time I start mission the game freezes but Diana carries on talking...

Well, I played for 2 hours. "played" as in exploring the map and making notes in my mind about interesting items and disguises and opportunities to use later. And I still haven't explored everything.

I really wish the PC version wasn't borked right now. I still don't understand how they pushed a patch that broke vsync (which is something that is immediately noticeable) and how no one at IO noticed.

Heh.... managed to play more than five minutes of Sapienza. Then i died and restarted my savefile and was greeted with a disconnect. Back on the main menu i couldn't even reconnect.

This can't possibly be caused by game sharing? It would be one of the very few (if not only) game that has that shit because of sharing.

DukeBobby

Finished the mission for the first time. I was a bit sloppy and didn't quite manage to get a Silent Assassin rating. I
pushed Caruso off a cliff after poisoning his spaghetti, and I killed Francesca with the biolab gas by turning off the ventilation system.

Superb level, definitely amongst the best in the series. There's just so much depth and the level design is excellent. I liked Paris but this is a clear step above it.

Bring on Marrakesh.

Anyway,in the marketplace i also saw things like the white suit and some items/weapons but it says Bundle only. I however don't have that white suit but i do have the full experience. How come?
The Requiem (white) suit was a preorder bonus, along with the chrome ICA pistol and the explosive rubber ducky.

GRaider81

Level is superb. Thought Paris was good but this is a step above.

Really is the best Hitman to date imo. Such a shame people are dismissing it due to episodic format, DRM, etc.

Playing on PC, not having any problems with disconnects etc but needs the vsync sorted asap.

Level is superb. Thought Paris was good but this is a step above.

Really is the best Hitman to date imo. Such a shame people are dismissing it due to episodic format, DRM, etc.

Playing on PC, not having any problems with disconnects etc but needs the vsync sorted asap.

Wish i could say the same. I will agree with you about what makes the game great, not yet sure if it will surpass BM for me. Need to have played all the missions of the new one for that. But the issues are really fucking up my enjoyment now.

I heard that there will be a patch that implements a option that you can reconnect to the server if a disconnect message appears without being forced back to the main menu. I welcome that option very much indeed.

justjim89

Is there a trick to using the
wood chipper
? I wanted to put
Caruso
's unconscious body in it and then
chip him
, but it wouldn't let me.

Also, so much for the speculation of there being five missions in this environment. Oh well.

Seems like the console patch doesn't let you complete challenges if you reload a save. It does on pc but I can't get it to work on ps4 it just resets them

Top Bottom