• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Finished Sapienza main mission on PC, really great level and even bigger than Paris maybe, at least a LOT more nooks and crannies and hidden stuff. Thank god they put in the last patch challenges completing and saving the second you finish them, this level would be a nightmare having to go through and constantly get mission completes for every challenge.

PC version is still a hot mess, if its DX12 it crashes within a few minutes. DX11 works, but still get some frame stuttering and hit the audio bug after about an hour, where most audio just disappears but some is still super loud so it feels like 47 has Tinnitus.

The level reminds me a lot of a James Bond movie, keep discovering new things as I wander around too. Looks beautiful. Only complaint other people have mentioned is the voice acting, its all American accents which is very immersion breaking. C'mon, just have everyone use a fake Italian ("The Mario") accent, no one cared in Assassin's Creed 2.

The story is still disjointed as hell, I'm not even sure what they were talking about in the post cutscene - felt like I was missing a cutscene somewhere.

Both targets are down and somehow I've managed to make no mistakes so far. But the hard part is still to come, I think.

Also, just caught the Beldingford Manor reference.

holy shit I didn't realize the second episode came out I've been so busy lately.

Sorry I'm sure this gets asked all the time but is there any content difference between buying the upgrade vs buying individual episodes? Is it just price?

First instance I've had where the game just won't connect to the servers, playing on PC. What happens if I play offline, nothing carries over right?

Edit : Got in, thank Jeebus

Incredible second level. Played it twice so far. With out spoiling anything, be sure choose the different spawn locations. There is a little something at one of them which will cause something great to ensue.

Am I missing something or can I not just use melee weapons? Just throw them?

I throw them at faces.

kai3345

Banned
Has there been any word on if you'll be able to skip episodes?

Like if for whatever reason one of the episodes in the future ends up being a stinker, would I be able to just not purchase it and then still be able to purchase the next one?

Like if for whatever reason one of the episodes in the future ends up being a stinker, would I be able to just not purchase it and then still be able to purchase the next one?

Seems like you can if you started with the intro pack. This new level was its own DLC. That's a good question though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

won't really know until the next one but Sapienza just shows up in red if you don't own it and when you click it it takes you to the store so I presume it's treated like an addon and you won't need the ones before.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ok, it looks like I can melee with the weapon out if theres a prompt, but not like start swinging a shovel

correct, you just need to be near someone and it will prompt you. You can also hold the left trigger and throw it at someone if you're close enough.

Ozium

the people playing Sapienza on PC, how is the audio? Because since friday patch the audio on Paris at least has been broken... for instance, walking around the fashion show, I can't ever hear it unless I walk into the room it's being held in (not even on the 2nd floor)

when I walk into the room, the music starts up, as soon as I leave the room and go to the hallway outside or the bar area, the music completely stops (before the patch you could still hear it at a lower volume and in the direction of the room) When I walk back into the room, the music starts from the beginning.. otherwise there is no sound

this is in addition to the sound of sliding down a ladder being absent, and the incidental game music not appearing...

this is why I don't want to even try playing Sapienza

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Something happened to this game for me.
I play on the tv and I've been seeing alot of screen tearing.

Everytime I start the game up I see 1920x1080/30p on the tv... No other game does this

All my other games have the TV show 1920x1080/60p.

No matter how much I use the v-sync. On/off/1/2 The result is the same. Screen tearing is 100%

MUnited83

For you.
the people playing Sapienza on PC, how is the audio? Because since friday patch the audio on Paris at least has been broken... for instance, walking around the fashion show, I can't ever hear it unless I walk into the room it's being held in (not even on the 2nd floor)

when I walk into the room, the music starts up, as soon as I leave the room and go to the hallway outside or the bar area, the music completely stops (before the patch you could still hear it at a lower volume and in the direction of the room) When I walk back into the room, the music starts from the beginning.. otherwise there is no sound

this is in addition to the sound of sliding down a ladder being absent, and the incidental game music not appearing...

Sound in Sapienza is actually fine for me, somehow. Paris audio on the other hand was always some level of fucked up, even before the patch.

So is the "reconnect to server" option patched into the console version yet or no? I don't even want to look at the Sapienza DLC without testing that on Paris first.

jediyoshi

They are really aggressive with how many of the people with your same disguise "tier" are suspicious. That element is generated on the fly, right?

MUnited83

For you.
They are really aggressive with how many of the people with your same disguise "tier" are suspicious. That element is generated on the fly, right?

Pretty sure it's fixed and the suspicious people are always the same ones.
It does feels like they go a little bit overboard, in the scientist area at least, but at least there it makes quite a bit of sense.

I'm certain it's consistent every time, based on all my Paris replays.

But there's balance. Like in this level, most of the
scientists
are suspicious, but since they're just civilians, they only get suspicious slowly.

Also, based on some NPC dialogue: are we going to assassinate a
pirate leader
in Thailand??

I got this on ps4 recently and had been meticulously going through the Paris level having a great time messing around, but since the 1.04 update my game is fucked. The framerate is awful now, the sound is constantly glitching out, certain key events don't happen. I'm usually pretty forgiving of bugs but this is too much, i wish i never spent 20 on this, i feel legitimately cheated of my money.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
WTF is this shit, I got a code for the "full version" and it's making me pay to download the new level?

Is there a way to confirm which version I purchased?!

WTF is this shit, I got a code for the "full version" and it's making me pay to download the new level?

Is there a way to confirm which version I purchased?!
Whenever you buy something on the PlayStation Store, Sony will send a confirmation email to the address tied to your account.

I bought the full season, but the Sapienza scrolling 'pane' on the PlayStation Store still showed the price. When I clicked it though, the actual Sapienza sub-page showed it as a free download.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Whenever you buy something on the PlayStation Store, Sony will send a confirmation email to the address tied to your account.

I bought the full season, but the Sapienza scrolling 'pane' on the PlayStation Store still showed the price. When I clicked it though, the actual Sapienza sub-page showed it as a free download.

Really eh? Perhaps I'll try clicking through then. Thanks.

Almost forgot, the characters with random voice clips are someone always the best ones.

In Paris it was the waiter who was complaining about tips, and in Sapienza it's the woman ranting about ice cream flavors.

Why do I have a checkmark beside the silent assassin suit only challenge, I didn't do that, is it just a glitch? This happened for me in Paris too.

edit: weird disappeared after exiting the score page, who knows!

Wow, this map is huge. Definitely a lot harder than Paris so far, too. Which is a good thing but man, getting a bunch of challenges done and getting caught and surrounded near the end is maddening.

Why do I have a checkmark beside the silent assassin suit only challenge, I didn't do that, is it just a glitch? This happened for me in Paris too.

edit: weird disappeared after exiting the score page, who knows!

I'm on PS4 and got points for a bunch of challenges that don't show up as completed. So yeah, seems glitches.

Finally actually completed the last objective, and thus the mission. I took way too long and made several detours to figure out how to do it cleanly - and I still haven't figured out the other option I discovered.

My solutions:
-
Kill Caruso as the psychologist
-
Kill De Santis by sneaking into the office bathroom and using a coin
-
Get into the lab by poisoning the scientist's wine glass
-
Destroy the virus after activating the ventilation and pulling the fire alarm

Picked up a ton of stuff along the way that I couldn't figure out how to use. There's so much left to explore. Using the
cannon to sink a boat
(which is no doubt one of the hidden achievements) is going to be amazing.

Jintor

god damn you all. I think i might spring for the upgrade pack now even with all the reports, since my experience hasn't been rough so far to date...

damn you IO. I can't crap on their patches and their general approach to the always online etc to date enough, yet... the core game is so good...

holygeesus

Banned
Something happened to this game for me.
I play on the tv and I've been seeing alot of screen tearing.

Everytime I start the game up I see 1920x1080/30p on the tv... No other game does this

All my other games have the TV show 1920x1080/60p.

No matter how much I use the v-sync. On/off/1/2 The result is the same. Screen tearing is 100%

Are you definitely playing using DX11? DX12 is a stuttery tearing mess, but 11 seems fine for me. Make sure you select 'fullscreen' instead of 'exclusive fullscreen' too. No audio problems either.

Deadstar

Audio is terrible. Just played for an hour or so on PC. The level is amazing but man I would wait for a fix. I won't be playing any more until it is working. I can't believe they released the game in this state.

First assassinations were real sloppy. It's nice having a new map to learn all over again. I can't wait to start diving into the challenges.

Is there a trick to using the
wood chipper
? I wanted to put
Caruso
's unconscious body in it and then
chip him
, but it wouldn't let me.

Just went back and read this post and I remember the issue now. The game never lets you put unconscious targets in containers, because normally there would be no way to kill them after that.

It seems this should really be an exception to that rule.

Audio seems fine, I could hear kids playing, people watching tv, my footsteps, ramdom conversations, etc. But it's hard to be sure, as it's the first time I am playing it, maybe there are some missing sounds and I don't know it.

Seems like the console patch doesn't let you complete challenges if you reload a save. It does on pc but I can't get it to work on ps4 it just resets them

You sure? Before on pc when you reloaded a level it also seemed you lost the challenges (they weren't marked as done) , but when you completed the level the game remembered and awarded them.

Moff

the challenges changed on pc as well
now you will even get them if you reload and don't even do the challenge anymore after reloading

Audio seems fine, I could hear kids playing, people watching tv, my footsteps, ramdom conversations, etc. But it's hard to be sure, as it's the first time I am playing it, maybe there are some missing sounds and I don't know it.

The audio is really strange for me, conversations sound washed out and distant except when having the camera pointed almost perpendicular to a talking NPC. Don't know what could cause it.

Deadstar

The audio is really strange for me, conversations sound washed out and distant except when having the camera pointed almost perpendicular to a talking NPC. Don't know what could cause it.

Absolutely a bug. This game never had these issues before the patch. There is no music when you are spotted, also a guy was talking then he walked through a door and went silent immediately.

Moff

there are some rooms in sapienza where I have quite noticable fps drops, I have a 980ti and can't say it runs very well, I didn't have anything like that in paris

Top Bottom