• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
I find it really jarring that they put some background sounds in the streets of people speaking Italian while every damn NPC villager speaks with a American accent. And the one dude that has a "italian" accent
(the jester dude close to the beach) loses the accent the second you try to take his money. (this is not a generic dialogue, it's specific to this character)

holygeesus

Banned
there are some rooms in sapienza where I have quite noticable fps drops, I have a 980ti and can't say it runs very well, I didn't have anything like that in paris

Are they rooms with a lot of NPCs? They seem to be the main reason for any drops I encounter with the same card.

Apart from the broken v-sync in both DX11 and DX12 modes (which thankfully but oddly does not exhibit any screen tearing in the former mode...) and some appallingly slow loading textures (it can literally take 3-5 minutes for them to fully load), the game runs really well on my i7-4770K, 16 GB, GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro v1511 setup. The framerate mostly stays north of 60 fps (according to Afterburner's on-screen display) with only a few dips below that in busier areas, that are not really that noticeable (unless I am looking at the framerate counter).

DX12 mode is a shocker though with similar performance but god-awful amounts of distracting and nauseating screen tearing. Seems like Io Interactive, as someone else pointed out on Steam, have released an Early Access title because how else do you explain the extremely poor quality control? The v-sync bug should have been picked up and fixed within hours IMO via a hotfix but, nope, instead, we get the new level and many still have to wait for the patch that fixes the previous patch!

*sigh*

Welcome to 21st century gaming...

Sometimes in Sapienza I feel like people moving in the background are suddenly moving at a lower framerate than people in the foreground. Does that even make sense?

And, yeah, there was no victory music at all when I finished the mission.

Moff

Are they rooms with a lot of NPCs? They seem to be the main reason for any drops I encounter with the same card.

no, NPCs don't seem to have an impact on my performance, I had no problems in the stuffed paris rooms as well.

the low fps rooms in sapienza for me are the gelateria near the original starting point and the one big room in the villa that leads out to the pool. this ons is especially weird because it's quite empty and not very detailed.

P.S. The audio is also still very buggy and music seems to cut in and out at random on my PC (with a Sound Blaster Z card). Seems to be worse after a level has loaded and does gradually stabilise but still glitches out intermittently for a few seconds before returning. It's like the game is having trouble streaming the audio or something.

holygeesus

Banned
no, NPCs don't seem to have an impact on my performance, I had no problems in the stuffed paris rooms as well.

the low fps rooms in sapienza for me are the gelateria near the original starting point and the one big room in the villa that leads out to the pool. this ons is especially weird because it's quite empty and not very detailed.

I'll have a look later. One thing I have noticed, is frames drop if you spin the camera in the direction of NPCs, even if they are not actually on screen at the time e.g. on the training boat, if you look at the boat from the start, in the direction of the party, it will drop frames. It's almost as if the game is rendering background characters when they aren't on screen, which I guess it has to do considering your target is dynamically moving all the time.

You sure? Before on pc when you reloaded a level it also seemed you lost the challenges (they weren't marked as done) , but when you completed the level the game remembered and awarded them.

Yeah I have it on pc and ps4 and on pc I can complete a challenge and quit the level and check and it's complete. If I do this on ps4 it doesn't show it

dreamfall

Only an hour into Sapienza, and holy goodness - my mind is absolutely blown. This is the first time anything has felt properly like an evolution - this level design feels like an open world. So many rooms to explore, so many ways to sneak about - the level is so stunning.

Blown away, completely. This game is insane!

Deadstar

Anyone hearing a weird swish sound when equipping or unequipping an item? I hope its part of the audio bugs because it sounds really weird and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah I have it on pc and ps4 and on pc I can complete a challenge and quit the level and check and it's complete. If I do this on ps4 it doesn't show it

I haven't tested for Sapienza, but for Paris my challenges and opportunists often didn't show as complete even if I'd done them in one run. They were still considered complete, they just didn't show up as that. Had to manually keep track of them.

Ozium

Absolutely a bug. This game never had these issues before the patch. There is no music when you are spotted, also a guy was talking then he walked through a door and went silent immediately.

yeah I ran around the mansion killing people and there was no music, it was weird

I have this framedrop too, right behind the starting point by the gellataria there is a little alcove that has a locked door and I can walk around the city without framedrops but I go into this corner with nothing there and suddenly it drops hard.. it's really weird

Played it in spite of the issues and I'm glad I did, this level is top tier Hitman.
There was a sequence where I had to follow a PI though some alleyways without being spotted, felt like classic spy fiction. The whole level really gives off some James Bond vibes, it's great. Only non-bug complaint I have is the ending section that, while cool, might become repetitive on replays.

Jintor

well, i just bought the upgrade pack in spite of all the issues because i'm a fool, therefore rewarding io for a bunch of shit i'm not cool with

but the game!

argh!

Moff

Played it in spite of the issues and I'm glad I did, this level is top tier Hitman.
There was a sequence where I had to follow a PI though some alleyways without being spotted, felt like classic spy fiction. The whole level really gives off some James Bond vibes, it's great. Only non-bug complaint I have is the ending section that, while cool, might become repetitive on replays.

you have several ways to solve the ending, though.
my biggest complain is that there are too many people seeing through your disguise, it feels a bit like absolution. now I am one of the few who didn't hate absolution, but it's really extreme in this level.
I'm also disappointed they did not add the sniper briefcase, especially since there are so many nice sniperspots in this mission

There are several places that are very elaborate, with several entrances and with even recording equipment you can sabotage, but they are totally empty, not even some civilians in them. Like the lawyer's office. I was thinking how surely they will be used in the second mission in this scenario.

MMaRsu

Sometimes in Sapienza I feel like people moving in the background are suddenly moving at a lower framerate than people in the foreground. Does that even make sense?

And, yeah, there was no victory music at all when I finished the mission.

i noticed this as well :/

pupcoffee

you have several ways to solve the ending, though.
my biggest complain is that there are too many people seeing through your disguise, it feels a bit like absolution. now I am one of the few who didn't hate absolution, but it's really extreme in this level.
I'm also disappointed they did not add the sniper briefcase, especially since there are so many nice sniperspots in this mission

Yeah, I haven't tried sniping yet but it seems I have to carry the gun by hand?

I like that so many people can see through the disguises. It's fun having to plan around those NPC's. I've never been straight-up blocked by them.

Metal-Geo

That's an engine 'feature'. Think of it as a different pop-in technique. It also happens in the tutorial levels and Paris. But as those levels don't have the same large environments as Sapienza, they're less noticeable / less occurring.

pupcoffee

This level is insane. Holy shit.

Yeah. I killed
the male by poisoning his spaghetti. Then, as I climbed the mansion, I learned he has a backstory involving his mother, which made me see his comments at the dinner table in a new light. .
There's an insane amount of stuff revolving around even just one objective out of the three.

So, when are we getting a glimpse of the next map?

Moff

Yeah. I killed
the male by poisoning his spaghetti. Then, as I climbed the mansion, I learned he has a backstory involving his mother, which made me see his comments at the dinner table in a new light. .
There's an insane amount of stuff revolving around even just one objective out of the three.

So, when are we getting a glimpse of the next map?
there was some of marrakesh in the season trailer

however, since there are screenshots of sapienza in a night setting, I guess we will get another sapienza mission first

thenexus6

The first time I booted up Paris I was taken back by how cool / big the map was. I spent maybe 1-2 hours just running around exploring then played it tons. Now have it pretty much locked down.

With episode two I don't even know where to begin.. this is some next level shit. God damn.

I have to admit, apart from the lame being online requirement and the fact the narrative gets a little confusing / hard to follow with the massive gaps but releasing this game episodically was definitely the right choice.

Initially I was annoyed and just wanted it all at once on disk, but this way you get massive content packed levels every 4-6 weeks which you get hyped for. Then you play the hell out of each one, exploring every possibility instead of just moving onto the next mission on a disk version.

Have the developers said when the console version gets the patch with the option to reconnect to servers after a disconnect happens in the middle of a mission forcing you back to the main menu? I really want that option....like yesterday.

To think i didn't have these bullshit issues before the latest update.

Audioboxer

Finding it hard to pry myself away from DS3 to play the first episode of Hitman #gamerproblems

All the praise on here, followed up with the awesome episode 2 reviews are making my decision hard. Must start Hitman today.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Have the developers said when the console version gets the patch with the option to reconnect to servers after a disconnect happens in the middle of a mission forcing you back to the main menu? I really want that option....like yesterday.

To think i didn't have these bullshit issues before the latest update.

Didn't that come out a few days ago? I had to download some huge patch on the Xbox but I haven't actually it disconnect yet so I'm not sure if it's there.

MaKTaiL

There is so much to see and do on Sapienza that I just stay completely still for several minutes just trying to figure out where I will start.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I get loads of textures that don't load in properly, look like PS2 textures, on PC, but apparently others are having the same issue? It's super distracting. Performance in general has never been great in this game. Other than though this mission seems fantastic, I didn't like the Paris one very much but this is awesome.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Are you definitely playing using DX11? DX12 is a stuttery tearing mess, but 11 seems fine for me. Make sure you select 'fullscreen' instead of 'exclusive fullscreen' too. No audio problems either.

I'm on windows 8.1 so I am not using DX12. Will try fullscreen

Spent about an hour last night doing the Sapienza mission. If Paris felt like a next-gen take on Invitation to a Party and Curtains Down, this feels like a next-gen take on Anathema, which I have zero problems with. I didn't really figure out a clean way to take out Caruso (I just threw a knife at him while he was practicing his golf swing) and I only took out de Santa because she was separated from her bodyguards for a minute, but regardless I am really interested in digging into this level and getting some bigger and better ways to take them down. There are a lot of threads to pull here, and I'm digging it.

Meneses

Are you playing on PS4? If so, I know exactly what you mean, and that stuff happens in other games too, it doesn't look good.

Agreed with everyone else who loves Sapienza. This level is breathtaking on multiple levels. So much fun to play and "experience" for lack of a better word.

B00TE

I forgot I only had the intro pack on PS4, might just get the full thing on Steam but I'm not terribly sure how well it'll run on my PC. The impressions for Sapienza are pushing me over the edge.

Double D

Played for a couple hours last night which basically amounted to 2 playthroughs. Made it up to level 9 mastery with those two. The first time was a bit of a hassle destroying the virus. I was able to get the
hazmat suit
easily enough but once I got into the
quarantine area I had a hard time destroying the virus without a few casualties. The rats provided a distraction for one guy, but I'm not sure how to handle the robot arm thing and I don't know what the ventilation really does.

The second time around I did the morgue opportunity. Was able to get the
laptop dongle right away and destroyed the virus before taking out the targets.
So basically after that I just leisurely explored the level and ran across a couple opportunities to use to take out the two targets.

Interfectum

I forgot I only had the intro pack on PS4, might just get the full thing on Steam but I'm not terribly sure how well it'll run on my PC. The impressions for Sapienza are pushing me over the edge.

I have both versions, the PC version is a lot better. If you have SSD the load times are lightning fast.

thenexus6

Lmao

lfGYw7P.gif

Didn't that come out a few days ago? I had to download some huge patch on the Xbox but I haven't actually it disconnect yet so I'm not sure if it's there.

I indeed had to download an update on Xbox One yesterday, but there was no option for me to reconnect. It really is bullshit and ruining my fun completely. Was fine pre patch.

Top Bottom