• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NeoRaider

I still have wrong Hz issue on my TV. 1080p + exclusive fullscreen and i get wrong Hz, 30 instead of 60 i guess. On fullscreen it looks as it should but not in exclusive fullscreen.
There is no option to change Hz in the game afaik. Anyone else with same problem? Is there any fix for this?

So some slight spoilers for a solution to eliminate the virus....

How do you spot the scientist with the code that "went to church"? Ive been walking around and I dont see him, is he actually wearing lab clothing?

MUnited83

For you.

How do you spot the scientist with the code that "went to church"? Ive been walking around and I dont see him, is he actually wearing lab clothing?

It's a she, and yeah, she is using lab clothing.

Moff

the the same woman from the opportunity to get the lab key and coat, she is with the priest in that confession box

Played for a couple hours last night which basically amounted to 2 playthroughs. Made it up to level 9 mastery with those two. The first time was a bit of a hassle destroying the virus. I was able to get the
hazmat suit
easily enough but once I got into the
quarantine area I had a hard time destroying the virus without a few casualties. The rats provided a distraction for one guy, but I'm not sure how to handle the robot arm thing and I don't know what the ventilation really does.

The robot arm requires you to mix the red sample with the other red sample (as the warning sign says not to do). I didn't realize this is supposed to be a distraction - I thought you had to sabotage each item in the room to fully destroy the virus!

The ventilation just lets you enter the room without a hazmat suit.

The clean way to get everyone out of the room is to get behind the back of the virus containment room and pull the fire alarm.

However, there is another way to destroy the virus... And the steps are completely different.

Start in 47s hideout location. Or the harbor
Walk outside to the church next to the beach. Inside you can start the opportunity branch by the confessional.

I was playing pretty late last night. This new level is such a setup from Paris (loved that also). What I like about it is the depth you get with some of the targets. It seems every opportunity I was finding would lead to some other interesting aspect about the targets. The writing is great.

MUnited83

For you.
Did the whole episode 2 start downloading again on steam for anyone else? Just got a patch the same size of the Sapienza download I completed before.

ok, where is the surveillance recording device for the villa?

Basically right under the attic to the left side of the building in a small room filled with monitors - you can climb in through a window on the big balcony where the electric fan and the garden hose are.

Double D

Underground lab

EDIT: Oh wait. If you are recorded in a certain area, you have to destroy the footage in that location? Nice.

I'm not sure that is the case, though. I had destroyed the video evidence in the
church
before going to the underground lab. The camera definitely saw me and I didn't get the notification that I had been recorded.

Jintor

man places where there's, like, two choices of disguise and both have a shittonne of suspicious dudes are not very fun to do.

Jintor

feels like i'm playing absolution again. total bs.

aaaand the patch is like 4 gigs. I'm going to sleep. Not a great first impression, crashed when loading the last bit cos fuck if I'm gonna bother assassinating those two again. Unless the game crashing wiped all my saves, which it might have.

Use
a security guard disguise instead, it's way more lenient with those, and you can get to the hazmat suit area with it just fine.

eh? how? almost every entrance to there that I could see was covered by suspicious guards...
using the eye scanner seemed to break disguise, I couldn't try and knock out the scientist I think who had a dongle and came back because her coffee cup was right in front of a guard...

MUnited83

For you.
feels like i'm playing absolution again. total bs.

aaaand the patch is like 4 gigs. I'm going to sleep. Not a great first impression, crashed when loading the last bit cos fuck if I'm gonna bother assassinating those two again. Unless the game crashing wiped all my saves, which it might have.

eh? how? almost every entrance to there that I could see was covered by suspicious guards...
using the eye scanner seemed to break disguise, I couldn't try and knock out the scientist I think who had a dongle and came back because her coffee cup was right in front of a guard...

At least one of the entrances had no one looking at it in my playthrough.
I do agree that the scientists go way way overboard though.

There should be one entrance to the lab that is not guarded - I'm still trying to work out where it is, though.

One of the tunnels is bricked up by a wall that is highlighted in yellow. And since I just unlocked this explosive for blowing open doors...

Also, you can basically walk around the entire outer perimeter of the lab without getting up close to anyone. Just stay behind stuff at all times.

LOL wtf vsync is capped at 24fps for me after the patch
I suspect is has something to do with the fact that I game on a TV (I think I recall another game having this problem YEARS ago). Goddamn it IO.

Gotta mess around with custom resolutions now to fix. The joys of PC gaming, am I right everyone?

Edit: Custom resolutions were a no go. Vsync works properly in Windowed mode though, so at least I can play it that way. Sigh.

Double D

Entering the lab via the Morgue opportunity & destroying the virus without entering the quarantine area spoilers ahead

Start somewhere near the church. Ideally you'll want to have the lockpick. Go to the church right off the start. There's a scientist going into the confessional (opportunity). She's talking about a scientist that died. Exit the church through the right and use the lockpick on the door right in front of you. Enter the middle room of this building where the dead scientist is and lay on the table to play dead. Wait until the scientist comes in to the room alone, take her out, grab the key, an outfit, and the laptop dongle.

Go through the beach area and around the cliffside to an entrance. Use the keycard to enter and walk right by the scientist that is talking to the two guards. As soon as the underground area opens up, there are stairs to your left where you can go up on top of one of the research area thingies and there's a scientist up there and a laptop on the table along with paperwork you can 'examine'. When he turns his back, examine the document, and use the laptop. That destroys the virus.

Wait for shit to settle down and exit either the same way you came in, or you can use a different exit to get right into the mansion.

Moff

after a few kills i decided just to stroll around a bit in sapienza, the size is overwhelming, so many buildings you can enter and stuff to find, really incredible. this will be heaven for contracts. they really need to update contracts mode now.

after a few kills i decided just to stroll around a bit in sapienza, the size is overwhelming, so many buildings you can enter and stuff to find, really incredible. this will be heaven for contracts. they really need to update contracts mode now.

Even if they don't update contracts for another month or two I'd personally be fine with it because it would give me a reason to come back. I really enjoyed the time I spent with Sapienza so far, but I feel totally burnt out on Paris, and I don't want to feel that way here.

Graphically, Ep. 2 is top tier PS4 stuff. I'm just blown away by it, it looks so good.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the setting and style.

Dinjoralo

Yeah, THIS is what contracts mode was made for. Not the stuff in Absolution.

Er, what needs updating in contracts mode?

Double D

Even if they don't update contracts for another month or two I'd personally be fine with it because it would give me a reason to come back. I really enjoyed the time I spent with Sapienza so far, but I feel totally burnt out on Paris, and I don't want to feel that way here.

Totally agree on not wanting to burn myself out. I haven't bothered with the last few escalations in Paris because I've had my fill.

Disktrasa

Banned
I could not resist :/

I have the intropack and bought the new episode alone, do i miss something if i dont buy the upgradepack?

And its 65$ for the intro and all episodes alone, and 60$ for full game? And 65$ for intro and upgrade?

So its not cheaper to buy intro+upgrade then all episodes alone?

MUnited83

For you.
Seems the newest PC patch fixed things. (for me at least). Performance is good again, vsync works. No accidental kill will subduing so far but that might just be luck.

Yeah, THIS is what contracts mode was made for. Not the stuff in Absolution.

Er, what needs updating in contracts mode?

A lot of things that were in absolution and not here, specifically: conditional objectives (don't be spotted, no disguises, no bodies found) and specific disguise/weapon combos (right now lethal melee means the same thing whether you kill with a fire axe, a sabre, or a screwdriver).

Foffy

Banned
There should be one entrance to the lab that is not guarded - I'm still trying to work out where it is, though.

One of the tunnels is bricked up by a wall that is highlighted in yellow. And since I just unlocked this explosive for blowing open doors...

Also, you can basically walk around the entire outer perimeter of the lab without getting up close to anyone. Just stay behind stuff at all times.

There are two where there are no guards whatsoever near the entrance. Additionally, one entrance has a guard that comes and goes, and there's another where, if you are great at timing and interrupting the route of one person, you prevent him from going back to his post.

Look harder~ <3

A lot of things that were in absolution and not here, specifically: conditional objectives (don't be spotted, no disguises, no bodies found) and specific disguise/weapon combos (right now lethal melee means the same thing whether you kill with a fire axe, a sabre, or a screwdriver).

Yeah, I would imagine that the specifics will get patched in later on
hopefully

So, I'm on PS4. Is it a known thing that opportunities are bugged when reloading a save? I complete an opportunity, fuck up later on, reload a save, and it's listed as "opportunity lost".

justjim89

Just got Silent Assassin for Sapienza, definitely feeling good about it. Took me all the way to Mastery 15 from like 11.

-Disguised myself as
the therapist
by following the opportunity, and
smothered Caruso with a pillow.
-Went through the top floor
and through a window to come behind Francesca in her office, got her with poison
and the room guard with a thrown pipe.
-Did the usual routine for destroying the
bioweapon. Lab guard disguise, sneak around to the back, sneak into quarantine, hazmat suit, mess with the computer, poison the rats, raise temperature, leave.

Felt really good, although they definitely have WAAAY to many suspicious NPCs in pretty much every major area. They could reduce the number by half and it would still be a challenge. Reminds me way too much of Absolution, except instead of using instinct you have to spam coins or drop weapons in their path. Makes disguises feel useless in certain parts.

That being said, throwing blunt objects for a quick across-the-room knockout remains thoroughly satisfying and handy.

On my first run I only used one coin in the
lab while using only the scientist disguise, and that was just to get a scientist to look the other way while escaping.

There's a suitable distraction at every entrance that has a suspicious scientist, and once you're inside you don't even really need to go near any of the other scientists. Stay behind rocks and stacks of equipment - there's a wide-open path from upstairs all the way around to the hazmat suits.

I spent a lot of time sneaking around the attic in Paris, which helped to gauge how much I can get away with.

Meneses

I'm getting an annoying bug (happened both times I tried it) in the final escalation mission.

I always get a non-target-kill penalty, without even touching another NPC besides the target.

It's enough to keep me from getting 5 star rating, which is annoying me.

Man what the hell?

Downloaded Sapienza on steam yesterday in about 30-40 minutes, today boot it up to play some more...got another Sapienza sized update...yet it says 7 hours remaining?

Looks like I won't be playing Hitman today ;/

brau

Man what the hell?

Downloaded Sapienza on steam yesterday in about 30-40 minutes, today boot it up to play some more...got another Sapienza sized update...yet it says 7 hours remaining?

Looks like I won't be playing Hitman today ;/

its a 4.3 gig update.

Moff

the biggest problem with contracts mode is that there is no social aspect to it
you can't rate them, so there are no rankings
you can't search spezific contracts
you can't play your friends' contracts

that's more important to me than the conditional objectics, because right now they are in every contract basically and that's fine for me

the biggest problem with contracts mode is that there is no social aspect to it
you can't rate them, so there are no rankings
you can't search spezific contracts
you can't play your friends' contracts

that's more important to me than the conditional objectics, because right now they are in every contract basically and that's fine for me

Yeah the biggest thing for me was not being able to follow people and just pick up their contracts. It's sad when Super Mario Maker's social tools put yours to shame.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno if it was the patch or me switching to the D11 renderer, but the texture LOD issue was fixed and the framerate actually got properly capped to 60 (although it still dips frequently and idk why it runs so poorly on a 980 Ti).

This mission is so godlike tho, god damn. Up there with the very best Hitman missions of all time.

Top Bottom