• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

lcap

Man, I really wish they discounted the upgrade version of the game. Having to pay $50 while the full pack is at a discounted $53 is unfair with those who already bought the intro pack for $15.

This episode is looking brilliant, but I'll stick with Showstopper a bit more.

Deadstar

So are they really going to have the same few music tracks play throughout every level? Wouldn't new music add a lot to the experience?

Nielm

So are they really going to have the same few music tracks play throughout every level? Wouldn't new music add a lot to the experience?

The music seems to be very repetitive.

It's a shame about the soundtrack in this game. I usually just turn the background music off, because it sounds very generic and like something you would hear in a spy thriller. It barely adds anything to the atmosphere of the game, unlike Jesper Kyd's music.

I noticed the same thing when playing. Were you in a pretty tight indoor area? That's what I think was causing it for me.

Nope. Just seems to be that way all throughout the level. I'm sure it didn't start out that way when I booted up Sapienza for the first time, which is why it stood out to me.

Jeffrey

Listened to the idlethumbs podcast got me excited.

Beat paris at launch and haven't really played the game since that launch week. I'm hearing now that pc version is busted all over?

should I wait for a patch or is it still playable?

MMaRsu

I had a bug where the whole screen went black after subdueing a guy from in cover lol. Sound was still going as I hear myself get killed lol

Still a fun game. Still really missing Jesper Kyd tho

Hey y'all, got a question or two:

I've never really played a Hitman game beyond the opening level of Blood Money, but the concept has always intrigued me, would it be worth giving Paris a go at least?

and

I know they are pretty different, but everything I hear about the levels kind of reminds me of MGSV Ground Zeroes, which I adored for how many ways you could go about finishing the level; do you reckon I would be able to enjoy this?

Cheers!

AppleMIX

I've never really played a Hitman game beyond the opening level of Blood Money, but the concept has always intrigued me, would it be worth giving Paris a go at least?

and

I know they are pretty different, but everything I hear about the levels kind of reminds me of MGSV Ground Zeroes, which I adored for how many ways you could go about finishing the level; do you reckon I would be able to enjoy this?

Cheers!

1.) Yeah, Paris is only 15 dollars anyways.
2.) Yes, there are multiple ways to kill each target.

Nielm

and

Cheers!

Yes, if you enjoyed Ground Zeroes for its variety of ways to complete missions, then you should definitely play this game. The Hitman series has always been one of the best series to play, if you like having a lot of options to complete a mission.

Yes, if you enjoyed Ground Zeroes for its variety of ways to complete missions, then you should definitely play this game. The Hitman series has always been one of the best series to play, if you like having a lot of options to complete a mission.

1.) Yeah, Paris is only 15 dollars anyways.
2.) Yes, there are multiple ways to kill each target.

Alrighty, thanks guys, I'll give it a go! :)

There's another much smaller patch out on Steam today. But people are reporting that it makes the game unable to start?

(Possibly related to DX12?)

Also, escalation #2 for Sapienza is up.

justjim89

Mastery level 20 in Sapienza. Did my SO,SA run and Sniper Assassin run back to back. Sniper Assassin is especially easy if you start off in the ruins and pick your sniper drop spot in the ruins. You can see both targets from the top and have a quick route to the lab. My fastest run yet.

Still wanna complete all the opportunities.

MUnited83

For you.
Still struggling a bit with my Suit Only attempted lol. The vírus and the guy are easy, but not sure yet how to tackle the woman scientist. Trying to subdue the Gardener womanizer dude but getting him to be alone doesn't seem possible.

Paris level is so good. Spent about 5-7 hours on it in past two days. If I've got about 7 master level should I turn on opportunity objectives or am I cheating myself??

Paris level is so good. Spent about 5-7 hours on it in past two days. If I've got about 7 master level should I turn on opportunity objectives or am I cheating myself??

I would say turn them on after you completely run out of ideas that you can track down for yourself. Remember that there's always somewhere you can overhear a hint for what you should do.

thenexus6

I share played Episode two with a friend last night and he liked it. Does he need to buy Episode 1 to then buy / play 2? Or can he just buy Sapienza?

I think the only reason to turn on the notifications is if you're going for the achievement for completing them all. I found with a few of them I'd complete the action it told me to, but not in the right order or I wasn't standing in the right spot and it wouldn't count as completed.

I just keep finding new places I've never been.
While running around escaping after having punched some guy in the face because I couldn't throw flowers in it, I climbed up somewhere and accidentally found
the Bohemian loft
. And especially when you enter the floor below, you can
hear the bass notes vibrate the windows
and it's probably my favorite little detail in this level so far.

jediyoshi

I don't know if I'm just going crazy but my camera seems really close to 47 all of a sudden? The bottom of the screen ends at his waist but I'm sure I could see his legs when I was playing in Paris.

Did they change the camera or was it always like this?

I've had the camera permanently bug out of me after getting out of hiding by being way off center (not fixed by shoulder swapping). Had to reload to fix it.

Moff

Still struggling a bit with my Suit Only attempted lol. The vírus and the guy are easy, but not sure yet how to tackle the woman scientist. Trying to subdue the Gardener womanizer dude but getting him to be alone doesn't seem possible.

drop the stalctice on her maybe? I havent done this yet, how do you trigger her to go down there anyway?

When she's searching Caruso's office, there's only one bodyguard inside with her. You can basically do whatever you want if you hid yourself in either the bathroom or the adjacent office in advance.

Deadstar

and

Cheers!

Of course it is. This is the goty this year and it only costs $15 to try it out. If you don't like it then it's not a huge amount of money lost, or do a steam refund. This is a great game. There have been a few pc issues but none at the moment are game breaking.

How do the two episodes compare to Blood Money? Does the game take anything from Absolution?

Music aside, this is the best Hitman game ever made.

How do the two episodes compare to Blood Money? Does the game take anything from Absolution?

It's basically a sequel to Blood Money. It takes the ideas that Blood Money pioneered (special opportunities specific to each mission and accidents) and go home with it, making it bigger and with more possibilities.

From Hitman Absolution takes the contract system (though strangely not as good) and the fact that some people can see through your disguise, but it isn't freaking everyone like in Absolution and it changes with the disguise you are using.

Randdalf

Just did a SASO run on Sapienza. I liked it better than Paris for that, felt more like stealth than abusing the AI. One of the new mastery unlocks is very handy for it.

I don't really mind the see through mechanics, I like the idea of a supervisor who can spot you, it makes sense
but theres really far too many of them in sapienza, it makes you act too much like in a stealth game, and they no longer have the mechanic from absolution that let you shortly cover your face

My two cents.

I agree with you in theory. A supervisor or two is good, but there are a few too many on Sapienza.

On the other hand... Paris was a too easy mission. We can say it was because the first real mission, but apart from that, I think it was also too because the expanded gameplay gives you so many ways to kill your target in each scenario that it has made the game easier than previous Hitmans. Even if a pair of ways to kill them are hard for your and you don't find other two, you still have other 3-4 ways to kill them. A few of them usually are pretty easy, where you only need to know and use a specific disguised and objects, but once you have the knowledge, you are good to go.

So it seems they have tried to compensate putting more people who can see through some of the disguises. I had a lot of fun just now avoiding guards, escaping through the roofs, climbing down pipes, going around, switching disguises, activated tvs or lights to distract people, etc, at least the game level is well designed for these moments of more traditional stealth.
Paris in contrast was a question of going to the back garden, and taking the suit of one of the vip guards, baam, you basically won the mission.

Honestly, I like the kind of stealth where you don't have to stay hidden from everyone, just some people. It feels more tense because it forces you to get in closer quarters - pure stealth and just staying away from everyone feels a little too safe after a while.

And it helps that it's not just "wait for someone to turn away, then sneak past" all the time. I mean, there was a guard in the attic in Paris who was literally turning in an endless circle while standing in place. That was a bit silly.

She does? In my playthrough she remained on the top of the mansion...

Yeah I've done it like that multiple times, it takes a bit but
she goes into the containment room which is also how you get Fatal Reaction

Edit: Just tested it to be sure I wasn't crazy and yup it worked again.

Just did a SASO run on Sapienza. I liked it better than Paris for that, felt more like stealth than abusing the AI. One of the new mastery unlocks is very handy for it.

The breaching charge, right? Yeah, that thing is pretty cool.
Edit: oh wait, you could be talking about the noise maker as well. Haven't tried that out yet!

Finally finished trying to kill everyone in episode 2, lol. Tried making sure I combed the area before finishing the mission. Looks like I got 297 non-target kills total XD

Ah jeeeeeez, I thought the disconnecting issue was gone, because i still was exploring in Sapienza after 15 minutes or so. And then out of the blue i got error that i was disconnected from the Hitman server.

I hope they bring that patch soon so i can just reconnect, because you sure as hell can't now. And playing offline means no challenges and the everything.

MMaRsu

To be honest I think I like this disguise mechanic the most out of all games. I guess if you look back on it, Blood Money was pretty easy in that regard. Sure there were area's you werent allowed in if you didnt have the right disguise, but it makes a lot of sensw for a few members of the crew to be suspicious of you.

A worthy sequel to Blood Money, and aside from the music probably my favorite so far.

I just keep finding new places I've never been.
While running around escaping after having punched some guy in the face because I couldn't throw flowers in it, I climbed up somewhere and accidentally found
the Bohemian loft
. And especially when you enter the floor below, you can
hear the bass notes vibrate the windows
and it's probably my favorite little detail in this level so far.

There are a couple of areas which look like they're being saved for another mission although that spot you refer to has a spliff in it so I guess it does have some relevance to the current job.

Ash735

The music seems to be very repetitive.

It's a shame about the soundtrack in this game. I usually just turn the background music off, because it sounds very generic and like something you would hear in a spy thriller. It barely adds anything to the atmosphere of the game, unlike Jesper Kyd's music.
What I don't get is, who did the music for the Trailers, because that stuff is much better than what we've heard in the game so far, certainly sounds more Jesper Kyd like. Unless that will be a late surprise in the year, the score being redone and working back into the older levels.

Top Bottom