• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

brau

Yu2p3x5.png

lol... i failed to see 47 until it was too late. well played.

I just did a string of challenges, as now on pc you don't even have to finish the mission. With a bit of planning and saving in key points, you can do one, reload two minutes before, do another variation, reload again, etc.

Just spent like 3 hours playing the Sapienza level, it's so damn good!

I was trying to get the Silent Assassin challenge and I'm positive I did not get spotted by an enemy or kill any non targets. I even got the bonus for no bodies found. I did get spotted by a camera in the mansion area, but I found the security center and destroyed the evidence. Any ideas on why I didn't get the challenge?

There's more than one set of security cameras in Sapienza, each with a separate security center. You might have destroyed the wrong recordings.

so we're definitely getting another story mission in sapienza given that the leaked screens showed a night setting with a band, a street play and the targets being
silvio's twin brothers
. also has a bunch of shots that are obviously challenges for the new mission.

either that or it's huge escalation mission or something

Can anyone comment on how the pc version would perform on an older i5 2320 (or something like that) with a GTX 670, 8gb RAM versus an XBOX One?

Dying to get this after these Sapienza impressions

MUnited83

For you.
so we're definitely getting another story mission in sapienza given that the leaked screens showed a night setting with a band, a street play and the targets being
silvio's twin brothers
. also has a bunch of shots that are obviously challenges for the new mission.

either that or it's huge escalation mission or something
Probably the seventh episode they announced.

Ozium

That's a movie set - complete with full-body costumes for the actors, of course.

holy shit

another thing I haven't seen

so it's this, the laptop dongle (whose existence of I'm only aware through this forum, I haven't seen the psychiatrist but I've ran into his office...

and I still havent even looked into those ruins that are by the grave and the church

this map is so fucking good guys, like I've already killed the targets in a ton of different ways and there is still shit I haven't even seen?

wow.

Jintor

This might be early but I'm willing to advance the impression this might be one of the greatest videogame levels I've ever played

Damn I'm still biting my teeth on Paris and loving it but you guys are hyping the crap out of level 2. If the quality stays the same or rises in following episodes are we looking at a gotg

ZeroX03

Banned
jesus christ brad is terrible at hitman. This is making me want to buy the game and do everything better.

Watching bad players is somewhere between really entertaining and hell. Had a friend come over and try and take a swing at Paris and everything that could go wrong, went even worse. Two hours and he didn't take out a target once.

No way, brad needs to drive and Dan needs to be frantically trying to get him to do the thing

Brad would be a terrible guide. He's the lowest rung on the Giant Bomb hierarchy. Zero charisma. Not funny, excels at sleeping and being into Doom.

Dan actually knows that these quick looks are supposed to be fun.

holy shit

another thing I haven't seen

so it's this, the laptop dongle (whose existence of I'm only aware through this forum, I haven't seen the psychiatrist but I've ran into his office...

Sorry, I meant the movie set shown in the leaked night Sapienza screenshots.

The movie set not being there during the day confirms that there will be completely different things going on in the night version of this level. We don't know what kind of mission it will be, though.

so it appears the target i mentioned in the spoiler is in the first sapienza elusive target mission which takes place during the day

As for this, during the PAX East panel they confirmed that the
twins escalation
will involve having to figure out
which of the twins is your target

The escalation being in the day makes me wonder even more what the nighttime mission will be for. It would have to be a separate level for contracts too, right?

Ozium

Sorry, I meant the movie set shown in the leaked night Sapienza screenshots.

The movie set not being there during the day confirms that there will be completely different things going on in the night version of this level. We don't know what kind of mission it will be, though.

As for this, during the PAX East panel they confirmed that the
twins escalation
will involve having to figure out
which of the twins is your target

The escalation being in the day makes me wonder even more what the nighttime mission will be for. It would have to be a separate level for contracts too, right?

what if the night time setting w/ the movie set is the mission where we have to kill gary busey?

How is this for someone that hasn't played the series since Hitman 2: Silent Assassin? Also if I decide to whet my appetite on the Intro Pack, how much content are we talking in terms of hours? Keep in mind I'm very patient with stealth and generally take my time to ghost etc.

Can't find sn00zer right now. Anyone seen him?

He's a bald white guy wearing a suit. Some kind of supermarket bar code on his wonderfully smooth nape

tchocky

How is this for someone that hasn't played the series since Hitman 2: Silent Assassin? Also if I decide to whet my appetite on the Intro Pack, how much content are we talking in terms of hours? Keep in mind I'm very patient with stealth and generally take my time to ghost etc.

I would say at least 4 hours if you are the patient type. I spent a total of 27 hours on the first episode and only did a few of the escalations.

ZeroX03

Banned
I spent maybe two hours in training maps, 10 hours in Paris and will probably finish Sapienza in 12 hours? That's not doing every challenge either, and not even close to all the escalations.

I spent 50 hours in Paris and still haven't finished all the challenges.

Edit: After finishing the most efficient level 5 run I could think of for Sigma Illusion, went and checked a speedrun video to see how people were doing it even faster. Somehow climbing onto the roof to get down from the upper floor of the mansion is... faster than taking the stairs.

Bit of a dilemma for Canadian prices. I can get the intro for $16.19 and if I like it it's $59.99 for the upgrade pack apparently. But if I buy the full experience it's $62.99.

Moff

What's the best disguise to explore Sapienza? In particular, the entire villa.

Maybe the butler's disguise? Can you disguise as him?

I haven't found an ultra disguise, yet

the lab guard is not bad, though, but it doesn't allow the top floor of the villa

23 hours playing, and now I had my first failure of server connection. But their fix worked, I just pressed reconnect and I went on playing two seconds later.

thenexus6

There are only two ways to destroy the virus right?

Going in dressed in biohazard gear or across the area via the laptop?

23 hours playing, and now I had my first failure of server connection. But their fix worked, I just pressed reconnect and I went on playing two seconds later.

Yup, same just happened to me. Reconnected in a second.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

look at the ceiling of the cave above the virus

I can't wait for this. I got disconnected last night about an hour in and just turned it off. It's so disappointing when it happens.

Apart from the third one mentioned D4Danger, there is a fourth one

Damage the glass case (pistol, I suppose explosives will work too) and then switch on the ventilation system.

Top Bottom