• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

thenexus6

I really wish you were able to filter the contracts by amount of targets, objectives etc. And see which ones you've completed before, and how many in total

I am so stuck on the final escalation where you have to kill three guys in an explosion.

They are brilliant at teaching you the map though!

ZeroX03

Banned
I am so stuck on the final escalation where you have to kill three guys in an explosion.

I don't know that specific escalation, but on the roof of the observatory building of the mansion there's an explosive tank you can throw down a chimney to blow up the people at the bottom. Very easy to lure three guys there.

Apart from the third one mentioned D4Danger, there is a fourth one

Damage the glass case (pistol, I suppose explosives will work too) and then switch on the ventilation system.

Someone in here turned me on to the one I've done a couple times just to get it over.

The shooting the stalactite is just the best.

Explosive golf ball
is where it's at.

I think it's definitely
the joint

I really wish you were able to filter the contracts by amount of targets, objectives etc. And see which ones you've completed before, and how many in total

That might be coming in a future update. The last survey I was emailed they asked about if you would like filters for the contracts, also being able to also search for particular contracts and friends contracts.

it's very easy.
Make sure you start the mission disguised as a security or gardener. 1st target: Proximity mine. 2nd target: Propane tank from the shed next to the golfing spot. 3rd target: throw the exploding golf ball at him.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I was planning on getting the game in June, but I purchased a 50$ PSN card to get some games of the sale from a couple of days back. Turns out that the sale ended a couple of days ago, and I had enough money to get the complete experience package. So I guess I'll be joining you guys in discovering ridiculous ways to kill people! Hype.

I was planning on getting the game in June, but I purchased a 50$ PSN card to get some games of the sale from a couple of days back. Turns out that the sale ended a couple of days ago, and I had enough money to get the complete experience package. So I guess I'll be joining you guys in discovering ridiculous ways to kill people! Hype.

Nice! I hope you really like it.

Turnbl

Episode 2 is a fantastic piece of game design. I enjoyed Paris a lot but never felt quite in control for my play style - too many doors and people and slightly maze-like corridors.

Sapienza on the other hand just works better due to its many discrete areas and buildings and the ridiculous combination of kill opportunities this affords. It's like a mini James Bond story!

As an aside, I'm rewatching Breaking Bad and have decided that IO need to make a Hitman Breaking Bad game. Would completely suit the stealth/oh shit gunplay mechanics. And they'd pretty much only need to remove the barcode and add a goatee. Oh and best of Hitman 2/Blood Money remake using this engine. Not asking for much, thanks IO.

Can't wait for Marrakesh. Am going back to play Paris for a bit... see if Sapienza has improved my skills. Try and get that Silverballer unlocked...

Destroying the virus gets old pretty quick. Should have let that out I think. What is the quickest way to deal with it silently? I know about the
laptop dongle and how to get it
but that takes so long.

Turnbl

Destroying the virus gets old pretty quick. Should have let that out I think. What is the quickest way to deal with it silently? I know about the
but that takes so long.

My current method is entrance along the cliffs, scientist outfit from guy inside, walk around the ledge by the seaplane, shoot the stalactite from behind the crates. Relatively painless.

My current method is entrance along the cliffs, scientist outfit from guy inside, walk around the ledge by the seaplane, shoot the stalactite from behind the crates. Relatively painless.

And once you do it once, you can save the game and use that as starting point for other runs.

Sapienza still needs one more update. I couldn't do the detective challenge of disposing of Francesca because some guards have X-ray vision and can see through several meters of solid matter into the tunnel where i'm supposed to kill her and dispose her. Even if I kill her from a corner where I'm not seen, the moment I touch the body I'm found by a guy who sees me magically through the floor.
Also, I had one CTD in that area, the first one for me.

Moff

but that takes so long.
yeah the stalactice is the easiest way, I don't like it, it's just too easy and requires no effort or preparation, they should have left that out, for SASO it can easily be done with the laptop as well
apart from that, I'd advise you to do the virus first and then create a manual save. from that one you can do anything else then and you don't have to do the virus again if it bothers you that much.

Man, this latest PS4 patch really fixed challenges, it's great. I got a few done last night and got a disconnect, then got credit for them the next time I finished the level. Fantastic.

And once you do it once, you can save the game and use that as starting point for other runs.

Sapienza still needs one more update. I couldn't do the detective challenge of disposing of Francesca because some guards have X-ray vision and can see through several meters of solid matter into the tunnel where i'm supposed to kill her and dispose her. Even if I kill her from a corner where I'm not seen, the moment I touch the body I'm found by a guy who sees me magically through the floor.
Also, I had one CTD in that area, the first one for me.

I had that happen to me with Francesca as well. But only once in like 7-8 times killing her (in the tunnel) via that opportunity so not sure what makes it glitch like that.

Man, this latest PS4 patch really fixed challenges, it's great. I got a few done last night and got a disconnect, then got credit for them the next time I finished the level. Fantastic.

Yup. It's night and day from launch. Load times while still not the best are WAY better for me and w/reconnect fix the always online b.s. is now bearable.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! I hope you really like it.

Thanks! Lots of things to download, but I'm glad 1.05 version was downloaded from the get-go.

Didn't think Paris and Sapienza were this small though! Unfortunately I have an exam in Monday, so Hitman will have to wait a couple of days.

Didn't even know breaching charges could be used on regular doors. Only tried it on
the weakened wall in the tunnel where you can meet De Santis disguised as the journalist.

Did the
golf ball kill
but didn't even stick around to see it. I was halfway across the map doing other things. Ah well. My checklist just popped up with the guy's name going grey and the challenge.

Not sure anyone's noticed (I TOTALLY missed it), but when you hit Mastery level 20 in Sapienza, you earn a sniper rifle with a zoomable scope, making 2 challenges in particular, MUCH easier to achieve.

Ozium

Did the
golf ball kill
but didn't even stick around to see it. I was halfway across the map doing other things. Ah well. My checklist just popped up with the guy's name going grey and the challenge.

you really should watch it, it's pretty funny

Not sure anyone's noticed (I TOTALLY missed it), but when you hit Mastery level 20 in Sapienza, you earn a sniper rifle with a zoomable scope, making 2 challenges in particular, MUCH easier to achieve.

Sweet! Almost there. Took a break to go back to Paris to finish up the last few of those frickin' Vampire Magician feats.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can someone confirm if you lose challenges if you reload an old save to do more challenges? I swear I had that issue in Paris...

No you don't, but they wouldn't show up in your end of run score. Now they save challenges immediately after completing them instead of at the end of your run.

Can someone confirm if you lose challenges if you reload an old save to do more challenges? I swear I had that issue in Paris...

It's been changed so that challenges are earned as soon as you do them, even if you quit (but you will only get the XP for mission mastery the next time you get to a mission completion screen for any mission in the same level).

XS5LK.gif

Wondering if there is a Terminal Velocity-style ultimate SASO speedrun strategy in this level.

Could you
wake up the private investigator before you enter the lab, so that as soon as you destroy the virus you could be out in time to hide in the tunnel before he meets with De Santis
?

Also, I really like the idea of the extra-alert NPCs that will be suspicious of you even while not disguised or trespassing. It actually makes trying to eavesdrop more tense and realistic.

Edit: No, that doesn't work.
As soon as you destroy the virus De Santis cancels any other scripted events and heads to the lab.

tanuki

Now that I've played through the level a few times (and quite possibly still not seeing some parts of the level), I think this is one of the best Hitman levels ever. The rest of the game has a lot to live up to after this one.

Wait, you can just shoot the virus? I just assumed the containment unit would be bulletproof! Goes to show you should always experiment.

This is the second video where they shoot from that specific point to destroy it. I tried to do it from a closer distance (the roof of the entrance to the containment area) and the glass was bulletproof. So something weird is happening.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This is the second video where they shoot from that specific point to destroy it. I tried to do it from a closer distance (the roof of the entrance to the containment area) and the glass was bulletproof. So something weird is happening.

I assumed it was bulletproof glass too because I tried to shoot it with the sniper and it didn't work. Maybe I just did it wrong.

Top Bottom