• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

This is the second video where they shoot from that specific point to destroy it. I tried to do it from a closer distance (the roof of the entrance to the containment area) and the glass was bulletproof. So something weird is happening.

Looks like a glitch to me. I tried sniping it last night and nothing.

Returning back to the discussion of "there a few too many people who can see you through your disguise in the villa"; one subtlety that I appreciate now I that played a good number of hours, it's that you are supposed to get around that problem making the targets move for you, not move yourself to the targets. On top of my head:

-you can use the bell to move Caruso, or the gramophone, or the psychiatrist, or the observatory
-you can destroy the virus first, or the detective meeting, or the lovers meeting, to move Francesca

vpance

I had this strange convo in the garage with the guy washing the car when I was dressed in the kitchen outfit. He came by to investigate some noise and said something to the effect of "nice gun, so what are we going to do now?", but I didn't have my gun out or anything, lol.

I hope they can iron out the AI bugs. Makes 0 sense that when I subdue Cecilia in the room, someone near the kitchen is alerted instead of the guys right outside (no one should be alerted).

dreamfall

This maps blows my mind. After four playthroughs of the mission, I'm still unlocking secrets. This is magical- one of the best maps I've ever seen/played in a videogame. It's so dense with detail, so full of life and complete with choice of approach.

BLOWN AWAY! If the levels continue to be done with so much love, it'll be the game of forever.

vpance

Is there any good use for the joint? I slipped it in the cig pack thinking she'd go to bed or something but she just gets KO'd and every guard around goes alert.

MUnited83

For you.
you guys should go try out my awesome contract

43A0B4115CFFB402BCCB0BC6BC40897CC7ED51E5

I may be in the minority on this one, but I am a little irked by the Challenges change in the latest patch. I enjoyed having the hardline of having to complete the mission before unlocking them. I just played one of the Tutorial missions again and easily cheesed a challenge in like 5 minutes before being shot and killed. Still unlocked it. Feels wrong. I wonder if they'll consider adding in another Gameplay tweak to only unlock Challenges when completing missions. I know you only get points for them when completing a mission, but after unlocking them something in my brain checks it off a list and I no longer feel the itch to do them "for real."

I'll try to make myself aim at getting them "for real" from here on out, but when playing a mission for the first time it's possible to complete challenges without knowing full well what you did. Having the hardline unlock of the previous version forced me to better understand what every thing meant in the grander scheme of the levels which was ultimately much more satisfying when figured out and pulled off, even if it meant an initial annoyance of not really making any completion progress.

Pet peeve for sure, and I really shouldn't be complaining as the rest of the changes in this patch seem wonderful and welcomed. I just picked up the full game pass for this from the PS plus sale and am really excited to have a monthly dose of new Hitman to chew on. I still haven't played the second mission but it looks wonderful.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Omg, the amount of challenges.

I go everywhere and there's an opportunity or way to kill someone.

And damn, the accident kills really do colateral damage.

Salz01

If you could only pick one episode so far so far what would you pick. Trying to decide which one to get first since I'm new to hit man

That's the unlock for Sapienza mastery level 20 - it's not tied to anything specific.

The only objective-specific unlock that I know of is
unlocking the morgue starting point by hiding in the coffin

I wonder if they'll consider adding in another Gameplay tweak to only unlock Challenges when completing missions. I know you only get points for them when completing a mission, but after unlocking them something in my brain checks it off a list and I no longer feel the itch to do them "for real."

I'm thinking this might have to do with the fact that individual Challenges can now unlock specific things. People might have gotten confused if things you unlock mid-level disappear when you quit the mission.

Deadstar

That's the unlock for Sapienza mastery level 20 - it's not tied to anything specific.

The only objective-specific unlock that I know of is
unlocking the morgue starting point by hiding in the coffin

That makes sense.....I must have hit it when I completed the escalation.

Anyone think the lockpick is overpowered? There's no reason not to bring it on every mission and it negates the need to find all the keys on the levels except key cards of course.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I am a little irked by the Challenges change in the latest patch. I enjoyed having the hardline of having to complete the mission before unlocking them. I just played one of the Tutorial missions again and easily cheesed a challenge in like 5 minutes before being shot and killed. Still unlocked it. Feels wrong. I wonder if they'll consider adding in another Gameplay tweak to only unlock Challenges when completing missions. I know you only get points for them when completing a mission, but after unlocking them something in my brain checks it off a list and I no longer feel the itch to do them "for real."

I'll try to make myself aim at getting them "for real" from here on out, but when playing a mission for the first time it's possible to complete challenges without knowing full well what you did. Having the hardline unlock of the previous version forced me to better understand what every thing meant in the grander scheme of the levels which was ultimately much more satisfying when figured out and pulled off, even if it meant an initial annoyance of not really making any completion progress.

Pet peeve for sure, and I really shouldn't be complaining as the rest of the changes in this patch seem wonderful and welcomed. I just picked up the full game pass for this from the PS plus sale and am really excited to have a monthly dose of new Hitman to chew on. I still haven't played the second mission but it looks wonderful.

I think it's a fair stance to take, almost the first thing I noticed is that, as you say, made cheesing some challenges possible while before you needed more effort and planning.

vpance

she will go to the toilet to throw up
same with silvio

She just dropped to the floor for me, weird.

Still getting the subdue kill bug too, on PS4.

Anyone think the lockpick is overpowered? There's no reason not to bring it on every mission and it negates the need to find all the keys on the levels except key cards of course.

Yeah I usually try to bring it with me to save a bit of time finding keys.

I basically never bring the lockpick. There are crowbars lying around everywhere, you can follow people through locked doors, you can climb through windows or just take a different door that's not locked... Plus every locked door can be unlocked just by opening it from the other side.

I don't think this game will ever have a level so restrained that you have to bring the lockpick. And if you want to save time in a couple of places, the breaching charges are more convenient.

I think they made the change because some of the challenges were finicky. There were a couple times were I completed a mission having a specific challenge I completed not activating. Then to try for it again, I had to do the entire mission over.

But yeah...they should at least make changes and have challenges uncheck after reloading a save before the challenge was complete. I tested it out a couple times, and theoretically...you could go through the mission and complete all the challenges in one go, by reloading saves after finishing one challenge then do another.

BlackJace

I just came back to this game after a 2.5 month break and there's so many escalations to do now! And I haven't even made a dent into my Paris mastery level.

Bouta dive iiiiin

Ozium

I dont get the whole joint thing

how does a joint knock you out

how do you go to smoke a cigarette and smoke a joint and not realize it?

"gee this cigarette has no filter on it and it smells different, oh well"

immersion breaking

Metal-Geo

If someone could give me a simple yes or no, do the
office, Senguine shop and bakery come to any use? Although beautifully designed, they seem to have very little purpose? I know the Senguine shop hides the make-up artist costume, and the office has a security camera server... But other than that...?

Cheers! <3

If someone could give me a simple yes or no, do the
office, Senguine shop and bakery come to any use? Although beautifully designed, they seem to have very little purpose? I know the Senguine shop hides the make-up artist costume, and the office has a security camera server... But other than that...?

Cheers! <3

There's no challenges or items associated with them as of now. Half the map being so underutilized makes me believe that the leaked night time content/the two Caruso twins will be involved with those locations.

Bebpo

Banned
Just picked this up due to the thread here on Ep2. I like it, but are they still optimizing the visuals? Because I'm running 2 GTX 980 SLIs and I get maybe 30-40 fps on high/ultra settings and with stuff dropped and no AA I'm still having a hard time getting anything near 60fps locked.

I mean I'm assuming the game doesn't support SLI, so that just leaves one 980 working, but for these visuals at 1080p with no AA, not hitting 60fps locked seems pretty bad.

MUnited83

For you.

If anything I think it's pretty much useless. Breaching charges end up being more useful because they bypass even the doors that need keycards, and for regular doors there's crowbars everywhere. And then the actual keys are also relatively easy to find.

Is it possible to poison the soup with the lethal poison you unlock?
I believe it is, yes.

The fire extinguisher may just be the most useful item in the game (if only because propane tanks are rarer).

Sapienza has rat poison everywhere. Inside the gelateria kitchen, inside the walled-up entrance to the lab, inside the mansion security room... And definitely more I'm forgetting.

Brigandier

Amazing level absolutely superb. Love how there is so many different ways to kill.

i dressed up as the shrink and choked that guy to death with a pillow whilst he was lay down on a sofa spilling the beans on his past lol was awesome

Jintor

hitman universe people: please put your rat poison away. stop keeping it in kitchens right next to food prep areas. it's irresponsible.

Top Bottom