• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The preorder bonuses have been updated with proper store icons on Steam, so a release for everyone has to be coming sooner or later.

Watch the sniper briefcase be the level 20 unlock for the final mission though

Has anyone smuggled the sniper rifle into the lab to
drop the stalactite from a distance
? That has to save some time.

vpance

Just saw the garrote animation where he knees the guy in the back and whips the wire around the neck, so cool. Guess I had to be running to trigger it.

The preorder bonuses have been updated with proper store icons on Steam, so a release for everyone has to be coming sooner or later.

Watch the sniper briefcase be the level 20 unlock for the final mission though

Has anyone smuggled the sniper rifle into the lab to
drop the stalactite from a distance
? That has to save some time.

Good idea and should be easy to do if you start at the ruins w/the drop inside bottom of the tower. Others have likely done it as I believe people mentioned using the sniper to shoot the virus through the glass.

EDIT: Actually this route would be a waste of time as you have to start in the lab (closest to ruins) and might as well shoot the stalagmite over the virus while you are in the cave vs running over to get the sniper rifle and back.

I think I need to cut back on the Hitman...I've played it so much since episode 2 came out, and I did a run where I tried to kill everyone in the area, which was like close to 300 people...and I had a dream last night that I was a fugitive wanted for multiple murders....yeah, too much Hitman lol

The
golf ball
kill is so easy and yet so delightful. :)

They brought back a lot of the classic Hitman goofiness for Sapienza. Last episode felt a bit too icy.

I thought I'd seen everything there was to see in this level.
Yes. It's the hotness.
AFD27805E502EF2DB6991D4F8CF8B687F18471FA
Only thing is they forgot to make dialog for it. People keep saying it's a black suit.

AngryMoth

Bought the full game after seeing all the buzz about episode 2.

Really enjoying it but some technical things (ps4 version) are really souring my experience. Long load times are very frustrating, I've had multiple crashes during load screens, and the online requirement is really annoying because my connection is spotty at the moment.

Bought the full game after seeing all the buzz about episode 2.

Really enjoying it but some technical things (ps4 version) are really souring my experience. Long load times are very frustrating, I've had multiple crashes during load screens, and the online requirement is really annoying because my connection is spotty at the moment.

Online connection required to fully enjoy a single player experience

Gotta love modern gaming!

Trying to go for a stealth assassin suit only run but it keeps saying I've been spotted at the final screen but I never do in the actual mission.

Unless using the golf ball to blow up the destructible wall counts. I don't get it. Is this another bug aka accidental kills?

BlackJace

Hope we just don't go through European countries.

I wanna see something like Manhattan, New York or Cape Town perhaps.

Oh and Tokyo would be sick as well.

MUnited83

For you.

We already know all the countries.

Next episodes are

Marrakesh in Morocco
Thailand
USA
Japan

(we don't know yet the specific locations of the last three, just the countries afaik)

We already know all the locations, and yes Tokio(it's implied from the tv manufacturer in Sapienza, but I guess it could be a different city in Japan)is one of them, the next one is Marrakesh

So I've done a few runs of the level now, but is there a way to get the targets to go down into the lab? I'm assuming there is because you can turn off/on the ventilation system from the outside of the lab- presumably to kill someone whilst they're inside.

I though that perhaps
47 would be able to use the DNA found in the safe to create a sample of the virus in the lab to take out the female target, but all you seem to be able to do with it is give it back to her?

Do I have to trigger it in some way or is it just not possible?

Deadstar

If anything I think it's pretty much useless. Breaching charges end up being more useful because they bypass even the doors that need keycards, and for regular doors there's crowbars everywhere. And then the actual keys are also relatively easy to find.

I didn't know you could use breaching charges for regular doors! That is awesome!

So I've done a few runs of the level now, but is there a way to get the targets to go down into the lab? I'm assuming there is because you can turn off/on the ventilation system from the outside of the lab- presumably to kill someone whilst they're inside.

De Santis will always go directly to the lab as soon as the virus is destroyed. And yes, she will go inside to examine the virus.

I though that perhaps
47 would be able to use the DNA found in the safe to create a sample of the virus in the lab to take out the female target, but all you seem to be able to do with it is give it back to her?

Do I have to trigger it in some way or is it just not possible?
Francesca will go down there
if you destroy the virus
, Silvio goes there if he's on lockdown but don't know if he ever goes inside the quarantined section.

MUnited83

For you.
that... didn't quite work for me

https://streamable.com/s906

lmao

Yeah you need to get 4 charges instead of two for this work, and place them as close to under his feet as possible.

I didn't know you could use breaching charges for regular doors! That is awesome!

Yeah, I discovered it by chance that they could open even the keycard ones, and was amazed at the possibilities that can open :D

USA could be taking out the mafia informant in San Diego, as mentioned in one of the trailers.

Japan... There was some incidental dialogue in Paris about a clinic in Tokyo?
The US one is probably the actor in a cult, since he is mentioned a lot in Paris, and he is most likely the photograph dude from the announcement trailer.

Francesa, the woman, will go down into the lab to investigate if you destroy the virus. So head down there first, destroy it (using the dongle, or stalagtite, or going inside the lab) and she will mosey on down slowly to investigate. There are 3-4 challenges involving killing her while she is down there.

The guy will only go down to the lab to escape via seaplane. You can shoot him from a distance once in the arm or leg or whatever and he will make a hasty retreat to the plane. There aren't any challenges, afaik, to kill him while he is down there. There is one to kill him with the cannon in the ruins tower while he is in the escape plane.

I'm 95% done with the challenges at this point, only ones left are wishing will, church tower, and all disguises. Not sure what disguise I am missing either, afaik I have grabbed them all including hippie, mario & luigi, butler, cyclist, etc. Since there is no way to track it will probably have to find a checklist and get them all in one run, ugh :(

No clue how to do wishing well or church tower either since I have never seen either target head those ways but I look forward to messing around and trying to figure it out.

I'm 95% done with the challenges at this point, only ones left are wishing will, church tower, and all disguises. Not sure what disguise I am missing either, afaik I have grabbed them all including hippie, mario & luigi, butler, cyclist, etc. Since there is no way to track it will probably have to find a checklist and get them all in one run, ugh :(

No clue how to do wishing well or church tower either since I have never seen either target head those ways but I look forward to messing around and trying to figure it out.
I think those challenges are only doable in contract mode or escalations, since different targets also complete challenges

USA could be taking out the mafia informant in San Diego, as mentioned in one of the trailers.

Japan... There was some incidental dialogue in Paris about a clinic in Tokyo?
Didn't know about the dialogue mentioning Japan, interesting. Them layering in hints of what future missions hold is something I really like about the episodic model.

Francesa, the woman, will go down into the lab to investigate if you destroy the virus. So head down there first, destroy it (using the dongle, or stalagtite, or going inside the lab) and she will mosey on down slowly to investigate. There are 3-4 challenges involving killing her while she is down there.

The guy will only go down to the lab to escape via seaplane. You can shoot him from a distance once in the arm or leg or whatever and he will make a hasty retreat to the plane. There aren't any challenges, afaik, to kill him while he is down there. There is one to kill him with the cannon in the ruins tower while he is in the escape plane.

Yea, I'm wondering what I'm missing with the disguises. Someone mentioned store clerk as a disguise and I'm not sure if I've worn that one. The wishing well and church tower ones are generic challenges and not related to the main mission so it's allowed in contracts or possible for future escalations or elusive targets. The detective dude stands right in front of the well begging to have his ass kicked in so if you see a contract for him, do that.

Not entirely convinced it's possible to get the story targets down there. I did them during a contract on targets that are already at the church.

Citizen K

I'm actually quite tempted to get this, I loved the older hitman games. Initially I thought I'd wait and get the retail release. It seems the episodic formula works though? Maybe its not a good idea to go retail as these episodes are designed to be replayed and do challenges and events etc. I wonder if the retail release will have that draw or just be more like completing level after level and I'd miss out on the replayability. Its on sale for £40....

brau

I'm actually quite tempted to get this, I loved the older hitman games. Initially I thought I'd wait and get the retail release. It seems the episodic formula works though? Maybe its not a good idea to go retail as these episodes are designed to be replayed and do challenges and events etc. I wonder if the retail release will have that draw or just be more like completing level after level and I'd miss out on the replayability. Its on sale for £40....

Get it. Best Hitman demo so far. I like it better than the other entries so far. Its no wonder i have put 22 hrs into Paris, and another 10 into Sapienza already, with still more hrs of fun to play.

Top Bottom