• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MMaRsu

I'm actually quite tempted to get this, I loved the older hitman games. Initially I thought I'd wait and get the retail release. It seems the episodic formula works though? Maybe its not a good idea to go retail as these episodes are designed to be replayed and do challenges and events etc. I wonder if the retail release will have that draw or just be more like completing level after level and I'd miss out on the replayability. Its on sale for £40....

This guy gets it!

Get it! Best Hitman game ever so far :p. Except the music ( and shooting lol )

Citizen K

This guy gets it!

Get it! Best Hitman game ever so far :p. Except the music ( and shooting lol )

I'm close to buying lol. Does the story continue over the episodes or are they more self contained? Could be more of a reason to play these as episodic rather than retail if there's no 'real' continuing story.

I'm close to buying lol. Does the story continue over the episodes or are they more self contained? Could be more of a reason to play these as episodic rather than retail if there's no 'real' continuing story.

There's definitely self-contained little stories in each mission like most Hitman missions. I get the feeling they're gradually layering in hints for an over arcing storyline which may be helped by the episodic format. Unfortunately, there are drawbacks because the cutscene after the most recent mission made no sense to me which may have been because I've forgotten stuff from the previous story stuff...or maybe it just makes no sense.

I'm actually quite tempted to get this, I loved the older hitman games. Initially I thought I'd wait and get the retail release. It seems the episodic formula works though? Maybe its not a good idea to go retail as these episodes are designed to be replayed and do challenges and events etc. I wonder if the retail release will have that draw or just be more like completing level after level and I'd miss out on the replayability. Its on sale for £40....

If you are the type of Hitman player that replays the levels finding all the different ways to take out the targets...grab the game now. I feel like the episodic formula is great. Right when I'm about done with the new level, getting all the challenges, completing the escalation missions and trying out some contracts, the next level is about ready to release.

If you just like the play the games once through, wait for the retail release.

I will say that this level did come out towards the end of April. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make May for the next one and we get it early June.

There's definitely self-contained little stories in each mission like most Hitman missions. I get the feeling they're gradually layering in hints for an over arcing storyline which may be helped by the episodic format. Unfortunately, there are drawbacks because the cutscene after the most recent mission made no sense to me which may have been because I've forgotten stuff from the previous story stuff...or maybe it just makes no sense.

It's not just you. Nothing is really fleshed out with the mystery man yet.

News Bot

Banned

Which is good because that's basically a fully realized version of Blood Money's story. That game faltered a bit by not really including as much of The Franchise as intended. The albino clones for example aren't given much attention, yet 47 knows all about them.

That and the newspaper clippings which are still excellent. Wish they were in this game.

I really liked the first episode but I'm not getting the same drive as previous Hitmans to replay the same levels. Not sure if it's because of the structure around it, or simply because I liked going back to the levels after finishing the game, not because I'm lacking more content.

If you are going for the all outfits challenge, be sure to re-equip both your white italian suit and your black agent 47 suit after swapping with another person (will require two "replans" to do). Those were the only two I was missing.

Murkas

I've noticed you can't destroy more than one CCTV computers, as in walk up to the machine and press the button, game only lets me do it once and I have to shoot the rest.

Bit annoying, hopefully gets patched.

Tall Paul

Picked this up tonight on XB1 for about £36.00 avid really impressed so far, only gone thorough the intro levels so ready to start Paris and the second episode but the amount of variety and options to go about a mission is staggering so far, loved the early games but haven't bothered with the more recent releases so exited to see how the rest of the episodes pan out, certainly adds longevity to the game and something to look forward to each release rather than just diving through the game.

Ozium

I hope USA is in some like rundown motel in the middle of nowhere.. also they could have nuns chasing you or something, I dunno..

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Just installed this last night and only played for about 15 minutes but I ran into a rather irritating issue.

I turn the water on in the bathroom in Rocco's apt, and when he goes to check it out I try to knock him out.

However, every time I incapacitate him it says "non-target killed"

What gives?

Just installed this last night and only played for about 15 minutes but I ran into a rather irritating issue.

I turn the water on in the bathroom in Rocco's apt, and when he goes to check it out I try to knock him out.

However, every time I incapacitate him it says "non-target killed"

What gives?

How are trying to incapacitate him? Also, you can just slip by him, he never leaves the balcony.

There's a bug where doing that in a space that's too small causes the NPC to die instead. I don't remember if it's been fixed on some platforms yet or not.

It shouldn't happen in any regular-sized bathroom or bigger room, though.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
How are trying to incapacitate him? Also, you can just slip by him, he never leaves the balcony.

The old knock out from behind and choke him out method. Also, I can't get into his apt. without him coming out as I don't have any of the lockpicking/door smashing tools.

I mean, there's a billion ways around it I'd just like to know why it's happening.

There's a bug where doing that in a space that's too small causes the NPC to die instead. I don't remember if it's been fixed on some platforms yet or not.

It shouldn't happen in any regular-sized bathroom or bigger room, though.

Ooohhh ok. Thanks. Perhaps I'll just hide out in his apartment and get him there.

jediyoshi

I've noticed you can't destroy more than one CCTV computers, as in walk up to the machine and press the button, game only lets me do it once and I have to shoot the rest.

Platform? Able to do this on PC.

BlackJace

Is there a bug in Episode 2 where pacifying certain people counts as a kill? It's really annoying.

EDIT: Ah, I see some people have the same issue. I got around it by throwing a can of spaghetti sauce at them and knocking them out lmao

Is there a bug in Episode 2 where pacifying certain people counts as a kill? It's really annoying.

yup, tried taking out a guard as i'm
zapping francesca with the garden hose/power strip
and it said non-target killed and ruined my run. also happened down in the bio lab iirc.

Moff

the one in the lab and the villa are the same, you kill surveillance in both areas if you destroy either of them
not sure about the one in the church

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Goddamn poking around Paris a bit more, this really is ridiculously dense. I suspect they made the levels so sprawling to benefit the whole "challenge hits" or whatever but honestly I just love that there seem to be so many ways to pull off the main challenge. The best Hitman levels are intricate puzzle boxes, and this seems like its already exceeding Blood Money

Doop

The old knock out from behind and choke him out method. Also, I can't get into his apt. without him coming out as I don't have any of the lockpicking/door smashing tools.

You can get in without ringing the doorbell and without lockpicking. Although obviously that doesn't excuse the bug, I had it happen to me too a few times.

BlackJace

Yoooooooooooo
Just did SA,SO in the Paris level, I'm so proud of myself. Heart was racing the entire time!

How it went down:
-Used the Garden starting location
-There's a dude in the corner just chilling, and I pacified him (I distracted him with a coin, dumped him in the nearby garbage bin)
-He dropped an IAGO invite, so I copped it and went to the auction entrance checkpoint
-Dropped my silverballer in the waste bin
-Got to the auction
-Trespassed into the attic
-Used the open windows to ledge on over to Dalia's bathroom
-Turned on radio which attracted a PMC dude, knocked him out and hid him in the closet
-Waited for Dalia to enter her study w/ her bodyguard
-Overflowed sink and hid in the closet, which attracted her guard, and oddly enough Dalia came into the bathroom too
-Dalia starts taking a phonecall
-Guard starts cleaning water
-Sprang out the cloest and garroted Dalia
-Immediately dragged her to the closet and hid her in there
-Went out the window I came in

-Viktor's chillin with his guard, I'm at a loss at what to do
-Said what the hell and triggered the fire alarm
-Saw that Viktor and his guard are sprinting to the basement, so I go there too
-The two race to the security station, I hide in a crate next to it
-The lockdown lifts, and the two begin casually walking back up
-The suckers walk right past my hiding crate
-Viktor's bodyguard is behind Viktor, so I spring out and quick pacify him with a hammer
-I sprintcrouch up to Viktor and garrote him
-Dragged Viktor to a nearby closet and dumped him
-Couldn't find any place to dump his guard so I just said fuck it and sprinted to the catacomb exit

EWmof.gif
This game fam
p0QHO.gif

Demoskinos

Is it safe to put people in the containers in the room where you find the virus without losing your non-target kill bonus? I'm unsure of this since it looks like it has some sort of liquid on it but I figured the guys in the suits would be fine?

BlackJace

Is it safe to put people in the containers in the room where you find the virus without losing your non-target kill bonus? I'm unsure of this since it looks like it has some sort of liquid on it but I figured the guys in the suits would be fine?

They're filled with acid, so...nah.

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of cameras, there's a really dumb one in the lab. The camera is technically inside one of the buildings, but its ok pping to the outside.

News Bot

Banned

EDIT: Ah, I see some people have the same issue. I got around it by throwing a can of spaghetti sauce at them and knocking them out lmao

I get it in both episodes at random whenever I choke someone out.

Jintor

man i can't wait until after i move and can upgrade my pc. almost everything on low and the shadows bug out all the time and sometimes it'll hitch like fucking mad. Good thing it's hitman so 90% of the time it doesn't matter.

looks good though, even on low.

Oh wow I just noticed that the yellow Rubber Ducky is a proximity explosive, not remote like the white one.
That's a pretty damn good exclusive weapon, I must say. I wonder if they'll ever sell it down the line.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh wow I just noticed that the yellow Rubber Ducky is a proximity explosive, not remote like the white one.
That's a pretty damn good exclusive weapon, I must say. I wonder if they'll ever sell it down the line.
I'd hope they make a blue one or something with the same functionality as the white one . it can be a really useful item since it doesn't get people suspicious and you can activate them while a person is carrying it unlike regular exclusives . it shouldnt be locked to preorders only.

Demoskinos

The Proximity Duck is the reward for level 20 Mastery in the new map if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom