• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Double D

What's the deal with the opportunity with the safe in the attic? Stumbled upon it last night and went through the motions only to get to the point where I had to talk to 'Female Target' and I couldn't find a disguise that would allow that to happen.

Moff

What's the deal with the opportunity with the safe in the attic? Stumbled upon it last night and went through the motions only to get to the point where I had to talk to 'Female Target' and I couldn't find a disguise that would allow that to happen.

what disguise were you wearing? the bodyguard works but I guess others as well

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
anyone know what this power box does? you can shoot it and the light turns red but does it actually do anything?

WpAsY17l.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
I think I just found a way to kill Silvio that is some amazing attention to detail. I don't think anyone discovered it yet by searching through the internet. Video incoming in a bit.

The weapon unlocks in this game are just the laziest thing. Hideously ugly, completely generic 'futuristic' weapons that are absolutely worthless outside of the sniper, and even that's about as basic as you can get.

To think that Blood Money gave us 5 unique weapons that could be fully customised, plus 20+ other weapons to play with and yet 'Hitman' gives us a dozen fugly looking grey things that look like the placeholder weapons from a shitty asset-flip Steam Greenlight game and practically all handle the same as the others in that category.

The 'lore' of the game would be improved so much if the menus were designed to look like 47's private ICA laptop like they were in Blood Money. That would at least be a step forward.

Moff

Question. When a challenge says "never spooted" does that mean that people can't even see me and get suspicious?

it depends, if it's the silent assassin challenge you can't have the status "compromised" or anything like that. "searching" is fine if they have not actually seen you.
you can't be seen by a camera either, even if you delete the tape afterwards.

some challenges are bugged, though. like the one where you have to put silvio in the grinder, it says you can't be spotted but I got it although people saw me knock him out and were already shooting at me when I pressed the button.

MUnited83

For you.
great stuff, I really wonder if they thought of that or if that is somehow just an accident
They have to have thought of this, they made the cigar able to ignite it. Works every time I do it.
Going to test on other smoking characters later.

I discovered this today while putting a crapload of explosive objects by the fireplace so I could make a crazy fireplace kill with the gas flask. While doing it, I see the guy smoking, then throwing it to the ground right where I put the gunpowder... And my mind was blown. Discovered it completely by accidents, and I think I might very well be the first person discovering it lol

So I was scrolling through the activity feed and to my surprise I saw a message from Hitman that the new update is out that added a reconnect option. Really cool stuff those dev messages on the feed now and then.

Anyway, so I updated the game and fired up Sapienza. It has been much longer than my previous sessions of this mission and a disconnect has yet to happen. Seems they either greatly improved this or I'm just lucky now. But this makes me really happy.

Finally I'll be able to truly enjoy this game and this fantastic new mission. I am going to have to agree with people, the attention to detail and freedom is lovely here. The atmosphere in this location is superb. In many games I just love to walk around, take in the atmosphere and look at these details and i already know I am going to be busy with that for this one for a while. Very lively and realistic.

I think this one is buggy. I couldn't find a disguise either but then suddenly what I was wearing was fine after saving and re-loading a few times.

They have to have thought of this, they made the cigar able to ignite it. Works every time I do it.
Going to test on other smoking characters later.

I discovered this today while putting a crapload of explosive objects by the fireplace so I could make a crazy fireplace kill with the gas flask. While doing it, I see the guy smoking, then throwing it to the ground right where I put the gunpowder... And my mind was blown. Discovered it completely by accidents, and I think I might very well be the first person discovering it lol

Definitely thought out -- explains why there is gunpowder in the attic :)

MUnited83

For you.
In addition, this also works with the gas flasks. But you need to throw them into the ground before placing them, so you can break them and provoke a gas leak so it can be exploded. Otherwise it will not explode in contact with the cigarette. Another delicious detail :D

Definitely thought out -- explains why there is gunpowder in the attic :)

Aahahah, yeah, I remember people asking why there was gunpowder there and how there's more than needed for all three cannons. Guess it explains it indeed: kinda puzzled they didn't make a challenge out of it :p

I'm stumped on sapienza challenges

i got the safe code and Dna samples and gave it to girl but then she says "Silvio what have you done?" And then she goes back to searching for safe number even though I gave her Dna sample. Am I doin it out of order.

Also how do I get into place near mansion with 3 guards. I keep getting spotted no matter the disguise and only way I've made it through is by popping all three guards. Is there a better way??? Thanks

dedhead54

Finally caved. Downloading this now. Decided go with the PS4 version.

If I can get as much enjoyment out of it as I did Blood Money, I'll be a very happy person. I watched that cigar/gunpowder video above and it got me really excited. I have seen almost no footage of the two levels so I'm excited to explore them going in blind.

Demoskinos

Same here.

This always online shit combined with SEPARATE SAVES is the dumbest thing ever.

Game that is LITERALLY single player ONLY is currently unplayable.

I'm pretty sure its their way of making the leaderboards cheat free. If the save file is tied to their servers then you can't like go offline and do a bunch of ill shit and upload the scores.

I'm pretty sure its their way of making the leaderboards cheat free. If the save file is tied to their servers then you can't like go offline and do a bunch of ill shit and upload the scores.

If having hacked leaderboards means that I can play offline with all of my saved data and am not dependent on their servers, I'm all for it. Really stupid move on their part.

Moff

I'm stumped on sapienza challenges

i got the safe code and Dna samples and gave it to girl but then she says "Silvio what have you done?" And then she goes back to searching for safe number even though I gave her Dna sample. Am I doin it out of order.

Also how do I get into place near mansion with 3 guards. I keep getting spotted no matter the disguise and only way I've made it through is by popping all three guards. Is there a better way??? Thanks
after you give her the dna sample she should move to the fireplace where you can blow her up with a gas tank from the attic

I don't know which place you mean with the three guards

Moff

that is a good question, though, there is a way to the ruins straight out of the lab but I never found a way to get there from the villa garden

Complain about it.

Yep, but are they going to listen? Instead of completely removing this always online Shit, they made an update so you can reconnect right away. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they added that but why in the first place have this stuff online only? Why Square Enix?

I'd hope they make a blue one or something with the same functionality as the white one . it can be a really useful item since it doesn't get people suspicious and you can activate them while a person is carrying it unlike regular exclusives . it shouldnt be locked to preorders only.
Yeah exactly. Hopefully they sell it for cheap down the line because it is quite useful.
The Proximity Duck is the reward for level 20 Mastery in the new map if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah I know, that's the yellow ducky I'm referring to in my post. I was under the impression that it was a remote explosive like the preorder white ducky, but I was wrong. They're two different ducky bombs (proximity vs remote).

Jintor

man this game's so

goddamn

sick

just wish my system was powerful enough to run it without severe frame hitching. i've complained about it before but... it's worth saying again

Ludens

Banned
Sorry, but I don't know what's going on with the game.
First, I tried DX12 and is unplayable for me. Stuttering and light-freezes everywhere.
Second, I lost one hour to do the mission (Sapienza) with suit only, killing targets only and...no challenges unlocked, no silent assassin challenge. Why?
I only killed Francesca and the dude, nobody discovered be, not even when I destroyed the virus, no bodies found, so what the hell is happening?
It's the third time I do the mission and I'm doing nothing wrong, it's just frustrating at this point because I do all the mission only to discover I didn't get the challenges in the end.

Jintor

First, I tried DX12 and is unplayable for me. Stuttering and light-freezes everywhere.
Second, I lost one hour to do the mission (Sapienza) with suit only, killing targets only and...no challenges unlocked, no silent assassin challenge. Why?
I only killed Francesca and the dude, nobody discovered be, not even when I destroyed the virus, no bodies found, so what the hell is happening?
It's the third time I do the mission and I'm doing nothing wrong, it's just frustrating at this point because I do all the mission only to discover I didn't get the challenges in the end.

did you get seen by a camera? I think even if you destroy the evidence it wrecks silent assassin.

Phaezyk

On PC the servers were down for the past 12 or so hours, maybe more. When you play in offline mode the progression features (challenges, unlocks) are locked and will not unlock.

Top Bottom