• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

So if you don't get the target or miss the silent assassin ranking, you'll never be able to get the challenges. That missed silent assassin ranking will be staring me in the face forever. I wish they wouldn't connect them to the challenges.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So if you don't get the target or miss the silent assassin ranking, you'll never be able to get the challenges. That missed silent assassin ranking will be staring me in the face forever. I wish they wouldn't connect them to the challenges.

Oh shit really? That's a thing? Fuuuuck that bullshit, I think I only missed out on SA because the damn waiter might have spotted the bodies as I was walking out

pahamrick

What a garbage: I started the game, as soon as the mission started I got the "you have been disconnected from the server", and now the target is gone. Really, the only thing I saw was the cutscene in the beginning.

From BernardoOne:

also, someone please go on the Hitman thread and reply to Ludens for him to reconnect online, the target should still be there. I had a disconnect on the briefing movie too and still was able to get the target just fine after reconnecting

Oh shit really? That's a thing? Fuuuuck that bullshit, I think I only missed out on SA because the damn waiter might have spotted the bodies as I was walking out

Yea, it sucks. Really wished I knew that going in. Knowing I can never get them all kinda makes me lose encourage to keep doing challenges which was most of the value of buying an episode for me.

ActWan

This along with the always online are the only things preventing me from buying this game.
Too bad they did these small but major mistakes...

Honestly, there are just too many challenges for me to get 100% of them to begin with. I was already satisfied with getting about 80% of them, which takes up plenty of playtime between mission releases.

I wonder if some elusive targets will have mutually exclusive challenges for different assassination methods, so it's impossible to get them all since you can only kill the target once.

Yea, it sucks. Really wished I knew that going in. Knowing I can never get them all kinda makes me lose encourage to keep doing challenges which was most of the value of buying an episode for me.

I thought it was pretty clear going in. One shot. Make it count. I spent a good 15 minutes just following the target seeing what he does and looking for the perfect window.

Ludens

Banned
Dude.....That seriously sucks. Do you have connection problems with other games? Slow Internet? I have had only one disconnect back during the launch month. Everything has been fine for awhile for me. Fuuuuuuuuck that sucks.

Well, I have slow Internet but I played all Sapienza without being disconnected once. Even in Paris, I just got a couple of disconnections but in 30+ hours of gaming.

In reply to Bernardone, for me the target is gone: I saw the initial cutscene, moved my character a bit and pum, disconnected. When I connected again, the mission was greyed out. Maybe it's because he only saw the briefing without interacting with the world by moving 47? Dunno.

I thought it was pretty clear going in. One shot. Make it count. I spent a good 15 minutes just following the target seeing what he does and looking for the perfect window.

I knew it was one shot but I didn't know there would be challenges attached to it outside of the complete so many number if elusive targets. Didn't see the new challenges added until afterwards.

Just finished it. Got the SA rating challenge even though the detailed score indicates I was spotted (via the camera, but I destroyed the evidence FWIW).

Apparently you get the Blood Money suit after you kill 10 Elusive Targets.

It still counts as a spot even if you destroy the evidence, at least in challenges that say don't get spotted.

I figured as much (got me pretty disappointed), which is why I'm not sure how I got that challenge completed, since it says don't get spotted.

I thought you'd get the Absolution suit once you finish this first target, but apparently you need 5 total kills to unlock it. Lame.

Foffy

Banned
Does the target run on triggers? I've been camping in his studio for minutes now, and I know he's on the third floor. I have an attack route for when he gets into the area where his art is stationed on the second floor.

Wubbys

WOW i spent so long trying to find him shanked him didnt notice that someone else was in the room lmao. Elusive contracts are sweet.

The "Feats" category for challenges should really be broken out into more categories. As of right now it's just a dumping ground for escalations, elusives, kills that can't be used in the main missions, and basically anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Maybe if elusive challenges were put in their own separate category, that would be more satisfying for completionists.

Foffy

Banned
Blegh, this fucking game. :/

Knock out the bodyguard, get the wall bug that kills the bodyguard, ruin SA ranking.

This game always knows how to botch something...

Rom1944

knocked out the guard and stabbed him with a screwdriver walk away all badass looking until i got the body found notification then i run for the hills.
elusive target its intense i really liked it,

BibiMaghoo

It still counts as a spot even if you destroy the evidence, at least in challenges that say don't get spotted.

This has not been the case for me. I have completed challenges after being spotted on camera but destroying the evidence afterwards. It's never counted as seen for me. My no evidence / SASO on sapienza was done this way. It's the same for body found if it's an accident, it doesn't count.

Forgot there were no retries, wondered if the proximity explosive would react to me or if I could pick it back up... Oh well.

Wee bit of a hint in the briefing video.
Second floor.

Im so confused,
reading through the spoilers some people are saying 2nd floor others are saying 3rd floor

Damn, no second tries!!!

Got the Helmut disguise, Had a good look round the top two floors. Couldn't find him. Got caught checking out the attic, things got noisy, end of 47. Oh, hum - better luck next time...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Question: if a guard sees you, but you knock him out before there's any heightened alarm or any change in state does it still harm the SA rating?

Randdalf

Well that was easy, didn't get silent assasin because I accidentally killed a guard at the start of the mission (accidental neck snap after I knocked him out), and because I close combated the guard rather than subduing him.
I killed him in the stairwell then had an easy escape to the sewers.

I suppose the strategy with these missions is to just scope everything out, don't rush it, and then restart to go for the perfect run.

It took me almost a full hour to complete the elusive target. Jesus Christ.
like i was 44 seconds short of having spent the full hour. I've disappointed Agent 47.

tchocky

Im so confused,
reading through the spoilers some people are saying 2nd floor others are saying 3rd floor

He switches floors I followed him from the apartment with the art room up to the attic and then down to the Napoleon painting near the entrance hallway. People saying floor numbers may also be a UK vs USA thing since here in the UK we call the bottom floor the ground floor and next floor up the 1st floor, I think Americans would call that the 1st floor.

Just bought the second episode, excited to dig into it after hearing all the praise. I'm really liking the episodic model for this, $10 for a new map and set of missions is a good price I think.

Randdalf

I'll be kind of disappointed if all the elusive targets are just "brute force search the level for a dude walking around a circuit" I hope they get more interesting. I also noticed that the Sheikh wasn't in Paris when doing the elusive target, probably to make it harder because it's basically an uber-diguise.

I'll be kind of disappointed if all the elusive targets are just "brute force search the level for a dude walking around a circuit" I hope they get more interesting. I also noticed that the Sheikh wasn't in Paris when doing the elusive target, probably to make it harder because it's basically an uber-diguise.

If that were the case why didnt they get rid of helmut?

Well, the developers have already mentioned that there will be one where you have to
tell two identical twins apart

I'm hoping they're building up to something like St. Petersburg Stakeout. Although giving you five minutes and only one attempt might be too harsh... How many people would have beaten the actual St. Petersburg Stakeout if it had been using elusive target rules?

tchocky

Pretty sure I saw the Sheikh.

Tuffty

Done! But by no means cleanly...

Poisoned a glass of wine which he took and he went to the bathroom where the Shiekh would normally be. Proceeded to drown him when I realised the bodyguard was coming in the bathroom with me. First time that's ever happened, I guess that particular bathroom is just special, or the bodyguard AI is stricter for these contracts. I had just finished with him in time to pull out my gun and kill the bodyguard and escape out the window to freedom. Got 58,000 points or so, nothing special.

I'll be better prepared for the next target!

Got through the Elusive Target hit by the skin of my teeth, there was probably two dozen naked bodies laying around by the time I was done but it was really fun actually having to find the target in the environment yourself, I might turn off the red vision thing from now on.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
22m 152k score. I went in without looking at any tips and man, that was some tense stuff. I thought I had the guy right away then he went upstairs and I couldn't follow. Lost him after that for about ten minutes but he came back. Really fun.

justjim89

Brad of Giant Bomb attempted the Elusive Target on Unprofessional Fridays.

He walked in the painting room, immediately stabbed the target before noticing his bodyguard, and was promptly killed.

Demoskinos

Brad of Giant Bomb attempted the Elusive Target on Unprofessional Fridays.

He walked in the painting room, immediately stabbed the target before noticing his bodyguard, and was promptly killed.

He did better than I thought he would. Tbh I didn't even think he would end up in that room to find the guy.

I really enjoyed this first elusive target. It felt like an extra proper mission with the setup and unique character and special dialogue. Having to find the target was fun but the real fun began when I started following him to plan my hit!

Once I decided how it would go I did several run throughs without killing him, being sure to pacify only with blunt objects to be sure I didn't get the non-target killed bug. Everything was setup perfect to get the Silent Assassin but when it was finally time to bring it all home
the sonuva bitch didn't get sick from the wineglass I poisoned (!) so on the fly I used the classic coin to draw his guard into another room to subdue before finishing off the target with a letter opener =)

Only regret is wish we could re-play again to try suit only and other methods. Hoping once the 48 hours is up they unlock it or maybe later down the line?

Okay, I completely lost track of the target until
he finally returned to his art-forging studio, after 15 minutes of him walking around the upper and lower floors and me not being able to follow him
. I am terrible at tailing people.

What I did:
distracted the bodyguard with the vacuum cleaner (could have also used the piano - finally, a reason to use those distractions), choked out the guard, then dropped the chandelier on the target once he entered alone

Really wanted a
chandelier
kill and I'm glad that worked out. Couldn't take out the bodyguard in time for a more stylish
push over a balcony
though.

Top Bottom