• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Bebpo

Banned
This might be the first game where I prefer it to be episodic rather than to get it all at once.

For sure. I'd have never spent 15+ hours in Paris learning it so well and having so much fun in different ways if I could have just gone on to the next map.

Honestly I'd love for this game to be successful and them to make this Hitman game a permanent "Season" game. Where every year there'd be a new season with maybe 6 maps a year (one every 2 months would be perfect) and occasionally new stuff added to the old maps.

Man I butchered the shit out of this new Kotti Paradigm Escalation. I had a real hard time with it, very challenging. By far the hardest one in my opinion. After I finally got through it I watched some Youtube videos and man did I do shit the hard way lol.

Anyone else having an issue running Hitman alongside Rivatuner Statistics Server?
I've played the game for over 20 hrs without an issue and today it's been repeatedly crashing on startup.
Faulting application name: hitman.exe, version: 1.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x57271d5a
Faulting module name: RTSSHooks64.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56534251
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0000000000012ebe
Faulting process id: 0x122c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1acda05758433
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHooks64.dll
Report Id: 4d5541ea-18cd-11e6-9d3b-d050990a9771
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Bebpo

Banned
Man I butchered the shit out of this new Kotti Paradigm Escalation. I had a real hard time with it, very challenging. By far the hardest one in my opinion. After I finally got through it I watched some Youtube videos and man did I do shit the hard way lol.

Yeah, I did the first 2 levels, the 2nd was challenging but figured out a way. Haven't tried the 3rd but the no vaulting/ladders/climbing/knock out stuff is tough. Ok, couldn't figure out the 3rd for the life of me, how to sneak a battle axe up to the 3rd floor. Watched a youtube run and wow, crazy. Would have never thought of that.

FYI everyone here knows that "no pacify" means you can still kill everyone you want, just can't knock anyone non-lethal out, right? Because I saw some people say you can't touch anyone besides the target in no pacify missions.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmm, think I'm about done with Paris and ready to check out Sapienza. Only couple of things I never really figured out their use in Paris:

1) The older reporter woman and her assistant whose undercover...is there anything you can do with their storyline besides take the IAGO invite from the undercover assistant (which is kind of useless since there's one in the bathroom next to her anyways...).

2) Anything interesting about Sato besides the 2 challenges of killing him and making him sick? Kind of surprised you can't steal his outfit. Does he just hang around in the styling room the whole time?

edit: what's the point in bringing back old Hitman games' suits? he always wore back suits with white shirt and red tie anyway.

Yeah, they should bring back the suits people actually want:
NrIH8RP.jpg

Yeah, there was a controversial escalation that forced you to kill non-targets for required disguises when "no pacifications" was imposed. It was kind of a pointless complication but it demonstrated what it meant.

1) Eventually they will actually go confront Novikov, but I think that's about it for those two. The main purpose is to explain what's going on with the secretary upstairs at the auction when you sabotage the laptop.

2) The main purpose of Sato is to make you work to figure out how to get Novikov on stage. If you don't, Sato will be forced to go on stage and you can appreciate the irony of his speech. Afterwards he will join the party like everyone else.

I guess there's no point in disguising yourself as Sato because nobody who matters would possibly be fooled by it. Interesting contrast to the golf coach where nobody who knows him is fooled, but you have a way to blend in anyway.

The great thing about Paris is how much drama plays out all over the level when you just sit back and watch for a long time.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, there was a controversial escalation that forced you to kill non-targets for required disguises when "no pacifications" was imposed. It was kind of a pointless complication but it demonstrated what it meant.

1) Eventually they will actually go confront Novikov, but I think that's about it for those two. The main purpose is to explain what's going on with the secretary upstairs at the auction when you sabotage the laptop.

2) The main purpose of Sato is to make you work to figure out how to get Novikov on stage. If you don't, Sato will be forced to go on stage and you can appreciate the irony of his speech. Afterwards he will join the party like everyone else.

I guess there's no point in disguising yourself as Sato because nobody who matters would possibly be fooled by it. Interesting contrast to the golf coach where nobody who knows him is fooled, but you have a way to blend in anyway.

The great thing about Paris is how much drama plays out all over the level when you just sit back and watch for a long time.

Wait, you're supposed to do something to make Novikov get on the stage? I always thought part of Novikov's normal route is getting on the stage to make the speech? I usually activate Novikov by walking near the stairs and then I go off and do other stuff, take care of Dhalia and by that point he's on the stage making a speech. Tbh, I've never taken the time to just follow Novikov around and see what he does, just seen him through instinct making a circle around the building and then at some point getting on the stage.

Also I don't agree that no pacifications is a pointless complication. It really made me change my strategy for a few of the escalations it was in because I tend to knock out people and save them for execution later when I have the right weapon/costume on. Like in the 2nd tutorial stage, the level 5 escalation with no pacification meant I couldn't knock out the general in the bathroom, then go kill the other guard as a mechanic leisurely and take their costume and then go back and shoot the general whose lying on the floor in the bathroom. Had to knock out the soldier as a mechanic while the general was in the bathroom, change disguises, run in and shoot the general, run out and quickly drag the soldier into the bathroom and hide both bodies before the chess guy came back. Was really intense and challenging.

Yeah, I did the first 2 levels, the 2nd was challenging but figured out a way. Haven't tried the 3rd but the no vaulting/ladders/climbing/knock out stuff is tough. Ok, couldn't figure out the 3rd for the life of me, how to sneak a battle axe up to the 3rd floor. Watched a youtube run and wow, crazy. Would have never thought of that.

FYI everyone here knows that "no pacify" means you can still kill everyone you want, just can't knock anyone non-lethal out, right? Because I saw some people say you can't touch anyone besides the target in no pacify missions.

No, I slaughtered hundreds lol. Well, technically 59 innocents on the final "successful" run. I will say at least 3 or 4 times, when shit got hectic, I went to subdue/snap neck and I caught someone on a stairway and instead of subdue/snap he just smacks them which enters fight mode which = fail escalation. That had me raging a few times. Once, I got down to the upstairs lady, just me and her after piles of corpses and she was running down the steps and I was running behind her and in the chaos I had forgotten I dropped my hatchet and...ARGGGGGGH

M.Steiner

The elusive targets were one of the main features I've been most excited for with the new Hitman so can't wait to try the first one tonight. I expect they'll be rather tense heh.

Murkas

Has the elusive target location been announced? I'm assuming it'll be Paris?

Edit:^^ there we go, I'm planning to just take my time with Kruger costume looking for him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh that's a different elusive target than I was expecting, I thought they it would be the first two that were accidentally released for a short period of time.

Wait, this guy is actually part of the level's existing story.

It's already established that the palace is owned by someone named Larin (which I guess turns out to be his wife). Larin also provided the cocktail recipe and also owns the speedboat out back.

And all the paintings and drafting equipment lying around is exactly what an art forger would have in his home.

Foffy

Banned
Oh that's a different elusive target than I was expecting, I thought they it would be the first two that were accidentally released for a short period of time.

Review copies of the game for Paris were able to dabble with at least six or so of Paris' Elusive Targets.

The Forger was one of them. So, we've known who he was visually for quite a while. I can imagine he will take advantage of the second floor of the museum, for it's a floor largely unused in the main mission. You'd only really be on that floor where he is in one of the stills if you're going after unique NPCs.

Wait, this guy is actually part of the level's existing story.

It's already established that the palace is owned by someone named Larin (which I guess turns out to be his wife). Larin also provided the cocktail recipe and also owns the speedboat out back.

And all the paintings and drafting equipment lying around is exactly what an art forger would have in his home.

This game is wrapping on itself. Wowsies.

My only question(s) is, is there a time frame within the mission? Like will the guy leave the map eventually or could I sit in the basement and listen to the cooks talking about smoking weed for 2 hours, should I choose to do so?

What if you spook the guy but don't kill him, will he flee and then you're fucked or?

Foffy

Banned
My only question(s) is, is there a time frame within the mission? Like will the guy leave the map eventually or could I sit in the basement and listen to the cooks talking about smoking weed for 2 hours, should I choose to do so?

What if you spook the guy but don't kill him, will he flee and then you're fucked or?

If they program him to run to an exit - be it the helicopter or front gates - I can only imagine he can run and hide.

It's very contextual, like usual in Hitman. Some targets do try to bail the level when shit starts going down. Silent Assassin had missions where if things got hostile, targets could escape. I can't think of many occasions where it's happened since that game, though.

We've already seen a target try to escape
in Sapienza
, which triggers a countdown. I'm going to assume that's the worst-case scenario for elusive targets.

Knowing this target's identity, as an insurance policy I might just
booby-trap his speedboat.

I can't imagine there would be overall time limits for elusive targets, unless they wanted to ramp up the difficulty later in the year. Some people could take an hour to find the target in the first place.

NeoRaider

Thanks IO for the patch on PC, now I have no sound.

Wtf?? Are they testing these patches at all?
I can't believe that this is happening, they still didn't fix wrong Hz in Exclusive Fullscreen. They keep breaking something with every new "patch".

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tbh its pretty funny how a patch manages to get released with NO SOUND

Are they having deaf people test it? How is a problem like that unnoticeable lol

How'd you get him?

Start as the audio-visual dude on the first floor, then just go left into one of the rooms and he will be in one of them with a bodyguard, then you can follow him easily from there, and they even go to completely empty rooms. The only difficult choice is whether you want to try to kill only him or his bodyguard as well.

Honestly the most difficult part for me was whether or not to follow him around more to see if he has some more dialogue, but eh it's one shot so I just said screw it.

Ludens

Banned
What a garbage: I started the game, as soon as the mission started I got the "you have been disconnected from the server", and now the target is gone. Really, the only thing I saw was the cutscene in the beginning.

And... I failed. They killed me lol.

I started in the attic, got a cicada suit as it's one of the best. Also, I recognized one of the rooms in the video as the attic, and I found it in the game. I hided the body of the cicada guy, got a venom vial (in case the target could eat or drink something), and when I finally was going to lower one floor to search for him... I found him in the attic, and in a point where no one could see us.
Impatience got me and I tried to strangulate him, he was near a corner. Problem is, one very close (past the corner) attic guard that I know most of the time in that place got up and turned the corner, he saw me, and combat started.
47 dead.

ACED IT! Elusive Target Silent Assassin.

I got a little impatient, so when I saw him and his bodyguard walk into a room I closed the door and threw a crowbar at the guards head then quickly ran up and snapped his neck.

Final scores are still messed up. Says I was spotted even though I unlocked the silent assassin challenge??? Okay then.

Does the suit unlock after the Elusive Target timer is over for everyone?

What a garbage: I started the game, as soon as the mission started I got the "you have been disconnected from the server", and now the target is gone. Really, the only thing I saw was the cutscene in the beginning.

Dude.....That seriously sucks. Do you have connection problems with other games? Slow Internet? I have had only one disconnect back during the launch month. Everything has been fine for awhile for me. Fuuuuuuuuck that sucks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
First one was pretty easy, but quite fun. Didn't want to risk anything so I just played it safe instead of trying to get fancy, I just
grabbed the Helmut disguise, got upstairs, traded it for a bodyguard uniform, followed him into his studio, knocked out his guard with a wrench, chucked the wrench at his head and snapped his neck, then walked out

Erudite

A little messy, but I got it done.

Grabbed a guard suit pretty easily by throwing a coin in an empty room and subduing the guard. Scouting out the upper apartment areas, I found him in the room where he stands on the balcony and sits down on the couch, where a waiter is standing around as well. I distracted the waiter by using the piano as a distraction in the adjacent room, and took out the bodyguard, then the target with a silenced pistol while they were sitting on the couches. No one saw or heard anything, so getting away was straightforward. Would've been better if I didn't have to kill the bodyguard, but eh.

DjRalford

Managed to actually play this today, amazing in 4K ultra, I've passed all training and onto the mansion,
the third time I played the boat level I poisoned his drink and hid a bomb next to the toilet, when he went and threw up I detonated from the carport.

Top Bottom