• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Bebpo

Banned
Elusive was kind of easy for me because the intro video showed him
in the attic
so I just started in the attic, found him walking into his special room alone with his bodyguard and took them both out and left. Reading other people's stories where he's in other areas sounds a lot more fun and challenging. Still, I enjoyed how they actually put effort into a story intro and new dialogues.

Finished up the Paris escalations, some really intense good stuff in there. Started Sapienza and did really well on my first run, had no idea where I was going, but made it through without being spotted. Paris was a realllllly good tutorial. I feel like I learned so much going through all those escalations, which really helps in Sapienza right off the bat. Looking forward to exploring the new location and doing the 4 escalations. I hope the escalations make use of the rest of the city for targets since Sapienza map is this huge sprawling city, but the main mission targets are just in one area.

Seeing as Paris has like 12? or so escalations at this point and Sapienza only has 4, how often do they add new escalations?

I'm not looking at the Sapienza challenges for a while, wanna discover stuff on my own. Started at the ICA safe house and found the
exploding golf ball
. That's gonna be fun to use the next time I do the main mission :)

Jintor

jesus fuck elusive nearly made my heart jump out of my chest.

I grabbed the radio out of the Shiek's room and used it to clear the waiter hanging around, then I figured I'd used it to grab the bodyguard so I could take out the target unmolested. Instead the forger came into the other room to check it out. Shrugging, I pulled out my wire to garotte him. Midway through the fucking garotte the bodyguard WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR, sees me wrecking this dude, draws his piece, and thank god 47 just finishes garotting, the dude is RIGHT NEXT TO ME, 47 punches him in the face, I knock him out, and thank god nobody has heard the scuffle because for a fucking second there I thought I was as good as dead.

My heart is pounding

Killed the elusive target,
he wouldn't drink the wine I poisoned to so I just popped him and his bodyguard in the head while they were standing by the fireplace. Missed the silent assassin, but all that matters is I'm one step closer to some fucking gloves.

Killed the elusive target,
he wouldn't drink the wine I poisoned to so I just popped him and his bodyguard in the head while they were standing by the fireplace. Missed the silent assassin, but all that matters is I'm one step closer to some fucking gloves.

Unfortunately we're at least 14 more successful ETs away from gloves.

You will receive the first reward for successfully completing 5 Elusive Target contracts and the reward will be the signature suit from Hitman: Absolution. The reward for completing 10 Elusive Target contracts is the signature suit from Blood Money. Future rewards will include versions of those suits with gloves. Check out the signature HMA suit below.

This is some MMO level bullshit right here.

My elusive mission was pretty non-eventful, and I could have done better. I started
on the second floor as the tech crew, walked over to the forger room where the target and bodyguard were chatting. The forger was walking out to see the show so I distracted the guard with a coin and pushed the forger off onto the show floor. Exited via the catacombs but I was spotted by a camera
. 3/5 score, maybe took six minutes tops to complete.

Foffy

Banned
So do we have a entire list of the upcoming rewards for knocking off Elusive targets?

Absolution Suit, and Blood Money suit are the only two we know of. They promised suits from all prior Hitman games, and I believe Absolution has a few alternate ones, like 47's grey suit.

Jito

Banned
Well that wasn't really worth the wait for the elsuive target, felt like doing a normal contract assassination. Maybe I've just played Paris too much, it was really easy.

Well that wasn't really worth the wait for the elsuive target, felt like doing a normal contract assassination. Maybe I've just played Paris too much, it was really easy.

No one said it was going to be super hard. It's just more tense because you only have one chance.

Foffy

Banned

They're not going to go crazy on the first target for a hardcore mode on the first going, dude.

Remember, we're getting these for each location. Like Escalations, these will range from easy to hard.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
if you fail an elusive, theyre gone forever?

Yes. The rules before you start make it sound like you can retry if you don't die but I didn't try it

inGKXG2.png

As long as you don't die, or the target doesn't die or escape you can restart / re-plan as many times as you like. Once any of the above happens the restart / re-plan options are removed from the pause menu.

Jito

Banned
Regardless if it was meant to be hard or not, it wasn't worth the wait for what can be created in contracts mode with a few extra lines of dialogue thrown in.

Demoskinos

Regardless if it was meant to be hard or not, it wasn't worth the wait for what can be created in contracts mode with a few extra lines of dialogue thrown in.

So then don't do them. I'm sure there will be more interesting ones down the line but like was already mentioned they wanted to ease everyone into this and use this one as an introduction to the concept.

Where does the ET go after
he heads upstairs to the auction
? I lost him at that point and can't find him again.

I lost him as well, but I ended up watching him through the floor with instinct. It looks like
he goes around the attic in a big circle before coming back down. There's at least one chance to push him out a window overlooking The fashion show.

Now if somebody could tell me where he goes when
he goes downstairs

I don't think they were ever intended to be hard. Those are what some of the escalation missions are for. Elusive Missions are designed to be tense.

Someone should bite the bullet and confirm if a mission can be restarted after getting spotted or thrown into combat. It might make it a little easier for the more impatient players bitching about it.

t-ramp

Damn, I just failed it. I had just started in the
attic, and was going to grab a guard disguise and then go find the target.

Next thing I know, the target shows up in the room I'm hiding in. I didn't get spotted immediately, but I then tried to take out his bodyguard and ended up getting killed when another guard spotted me.

Oops.

While not difficult since I wasn't going for silent assassin, the split-second between the bodyguard spotting me and me shooting both of them was the most tense a Hitman mission's ever felt. +1 fan of Elusive Targets.

vpance

How do you complete the single propane tank kill challenge? It must be bugged or too picky, because I had both targets by the fireplace in Silvio's room but still didn't get it.

There is a reason there are no difficulty levels. At end of day -- especially for veterans of Hitman series -- it is entirely up to the user how challenging a hit will be. You can turn off instinct, mini-map, attention and icons. You can start at main entrance vs advantageous starting positions / disguises. You can only go for SO / SA.

Not sure what your setup was but for next ET you might want to handicap yourself if difficulty level takes away from your enjoyment of the contract.

BibiMaghoo

I had been spotted but not killed the target or been killed myself, and it does let you hit options and go to replan mission and start again. That is something at least. Means you can have a few runs and fuck up so long as you don't die.

Easy 4 minute SA

Start at the AV, walk directly to the small room with the paintings, he should be next door. Shut the door and throw the audio distraction device to the middle of the room. When the target and his guard come in, the target will ignore it, but the guard will pick it up and carry it off to a drop box. You can now kill the target and hide his body in the cupboard in the room before the guard returns. Once done head downstairs to the catacombs exit, being careful to hug the wall so as not to be spotted by a camera when leaving the AV area. Done

vpance

I hate that audio distraction is treated like a bomb. The moment you take it out you get eyes focused on you immediately. Makes it much less useful than I thought it would be.

Encountered a strange AI bug today. Choked out both Silvio and Fran together, then brought a guard in to wake them up but he just stands there with a ? forever. Had to choke him out and bring in another guard to wake them all up.

Saw another guard later who was also in a trance and was completely impervious to being lured by coins or anything thrown at his feet.

This was my first elusive target assassination:
managed to throw a letter opener at him whilst on the balcony and then subdue the bodyguard before he had time to turn around. Unfortunately I got spotted before being able to hide the bodies (I didn't realise there was a patrol on the upper balcony), but made it away unscathed.

All in all, I feel the 'elusive target' concept is pretty fresh and tense with the rules it places on you. I do wonder how or if they'll be integrated into the final release though? It seems they went to a lot of trouble making special assets and voice recordings for the elusive targets, and I doubt they'd do so just for a 48-hour window of availability. Perhaps they'll return in the GOTY or 'complete' edition?

This was my first elusive target assassination:
managed to throw a letter opener at him whilst on the balcony and then subdue the bodyguard before he had time to turn around. Unfortunately I got spotted before being able to hide the bodies (I didn't realise there was a patrol on the upper balcony), but made it away unscathed.

All in all, I feel the 'elusive target' concept is pretty fresh and tense with the rules it places on you. I do wonder how or if they'll be integrated into the final release though? It seems they went to a lot of trouble making special assets and voice recordings for the elusive targets, and I doubt they'd do so just for a 48-hour window of availability. Perhaps they'll return in the GOTY or 'complete' edition?

It would be a shame if they didn't bring them back at some point.

Maybe they can re-release them when all the episodes are out and just remove the suit rewards.

Thorgal

first i decided to try and poison his wineglass but he never drank from it .

after he did his round 3 times without biting, i decided to go "fuck it" and shot both in the head before they could react in the studio then walked out the front gate .

Murkas

Got SA for the elusive target, wasn't too bad thankfully.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they make like 1-3 elusive targets for each location and then have them rotating every week or so, like have them be a weekend thing. Don't see them wasting those VO and cut scenes for a one time thing and having those challenges related to the targets stay uncompleted forever for some people.

BibiMaghoo

Got SA for the elusive target, wasn't too bad thankfully.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they make like 1-3 elusive targets for each location and then have them rotating every week or so, like have them be a weekend thing. Don't see them wasting those VO and cut scenes for a one time thing and having those challenges related to the targets stay uncompleted forever for some people.

I would wager this is exactly what they will do. However many they end up making will be rotated to allow people another shot at a later date, and not waste any assets.

They should let people create elusive contracts. Just the target name and one shot.

Hopefully when (if) we ever get a Contracts Mode overhaul they'll have added options for no map/instinct qualifiers. That's as good as we'll get really, as players can't exactly create their own unique NPCs & routines.

A bit peeved that I didn't get SA for that Elusive Target. The completionist in me wants to 100% Paris & Sapienza but now that's pointless since I'll always have that one challenge missing.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't think they were ever intended to be hard. Those are what some of the escalation missions are for. Elusive Missions are designed to be tense.

Someone should bite the bullet and confirm if a mission can be restarted after getting spotted or thrown into combat. It might make it a little easier for the more impatient players bitching about it.
I can confirm this. I got caught choking my Helmut in the park and the bodyguard started shooting. Pause and restart worked fine and I was able to clear the ET on my next attempt. I do admit to freaking out just a little bit, however - I thought for sure my chance was gone forever.

That said, I wish that a successful completion would unlock it permanently. I'd like to experiment with some different things.

Deadstar

I can confirm this. I got caught choking my Helmut in the park and the bodyguard started shooting. Pause and restart worked fine and I was able to clear the ET on my next attempt. I do admit to freaking out just a little bit, however - I thought for sure my chance was gone forever.

Argh! I should have done this. I choked out the body guard because I thought the forger was walking into another room but he turned around and noticed me. I wish I knew this, I would have restarted. Now the failed silent assassin challenge is going to bug me forever.

I've bitched plenty about the bugs in the game. Especially with challenges.

Today I will praise them. As I said earlier, I blew the elusive target badly and I died. It went to the failed mission screen and instead of hitting X (or whatever it is) to advance, I went to PS home screen and shut down the Hitman application. Just had to try it, I had nothing to lose. Started the game back up and there she was, in all of her glory. The Elusive Contract was still there! Thank fuck! So I went ahead and got that Silent Assassin. Whew....this would have haunted my bones. Thank you, bugs!

I've bitched plenty about the bugs in the game. Especially with challenges.

Today I will praise them. As I said earlier, I blew the elusive target badly and I died. It went to the failed mission screen and instead of hitting X (or whatever it is) to advance, I went to PS home screen and shut down the Hitman application. Just had to try it, I had nothing to lose. Started the game back up and there she was, in all of her glory. The Elusive Contract was still there! Thank fuck! So I went ahead and got that Silent Assassin. Whew....this would have haunted my bones. Thank you, bugs!

You didn't get the silent assassin though. You failed the mission.

Jees, just got to level 3 of the Kotti Paradigm escalation (wish they were all this complicated, btw).
Took out the reporter and the Sheik, sabotaged the auction to get the PA to make her escape. Not spotted, dodged the camera, no non-target kills. All good, all good. Hiding in the stairwell behind the door, target walks right by me, I follow her down 1 flight and see my chance to strike aaannndd... 47 knocks her out with the axe.

Fuck.

Jintor

ya'll restarting your elusive target contracts aren't in the spirit of things :( :( :(

i mean i get why. i would've been pisssssssssssed if I'd failed

Grrr, I didn't realise I had my pistol out, and instead of choking out the body guard I did the pistol execution instead :(

Serves me right for taking such a long break from the game and only coming straight back into the Elusive Target. A shame because I would've had silent assassin otherwise, it was a very clean run. I didn't realise you could restart prior to killing the ET or I would've done that :(

For anyone who has yet to do it, here's an easy way to get silent assassin:

Start as AV crew, discretely shoot the camera with a silenced pistol when the two other crew guys aren't looking. Head into the forgery room, close the door behind you, and get in the closet. Wait until the forger and bodyguard are in the room, and aren't looking towards the closet, then pop out of the closet and throw a coin near the window - they'll both turn to look at the window. Close the side door, choke out the bodyguard, kill the forger. Dump then both in the closet and then leave via any exit you please - I used the front entrance.

Just make sure you don't have your pistol equipped when you go to choke out the bodyguard :(

That said, I wish that a successful completion would unlock it permanently. I'd like to experiment with some different things.

That wouldn't make it very Elusive.

Top Bottom