• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood Hogan's nWo: Let's talk about it and remember

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Lets just all agree that they are both shitty people, in their own way.

own.....own.....

One Warrior Network!

Yeah, Hogan is the shittest.

Meier

Someone post some gifs of the Hulkster spray painting dude's backs, STAT!

How has this not happened yet. I was on my phone at the time so I couldn't do it easily.. lazy asses.

nwo-o.gif

And a belt one for good measure.
ie5gDXNBj530F.gif

Zach

I was watching it when it happened. Last day I watched wrestling myself. As an adult I realize what great theater it was. But as a kid, it was just completely shocking. Wrestling was dead to me after the heel turn of the Hulkster.

This is amazing. I'm not being sarcastic or mocking you or anything. I'm seriously saying it's amazing to hear from a Hogan fan's perspective (specifically a kid). I was always more of a WCW guy and never really liked Hogan. I always preferred Flair, Vader, Cactus Jack, Sting, guys like that. When Hogan turned heel, even though I was 12 years old, it was so exciting. I guess it was the first time, for me, that Hogan was believable.

Put a coked out drunk guy on commentary for two or three hours?

Sounds like a grand idea, book it.

One of his best lines that night was "I bet he says his prayers and takes his vitamins."

I wanted more of that instead of the usual troop of yelling and lameness.

FyreWulff

The Wolfpac turning heel and then eventually recombining with nWo hollywood was the reason I stopped watching wrestling until like.. 2008?

I was so pissed off at that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Wolfpac turning heel and then eventually recombining with nWo hollywood was the reason I stopped watching wrestling until like.. 2008?

I was so pissed off at that.

Man, I never enjoyed the Wolfpac. I'm sure they made a lot of cash. Love the nWo b-team though. Stevie Ray and his Slapjack! Scott Norton killing Ernest Miller!

I can't really comment because I didn't even start watching wrestling until 1998, and even then I was a WWF person. My mother however was a WCW person and I remember her getting pissed every time the NWO had their way.

The angle the brought me into wrestling was imo the masterful booking of the Rock in 1998. The gradual face turn, then his short face run until joining the Corporation that November.

Eidan

Someone nWo my avatar please. I'm going to go heel, start cutting lines, making minimum payments on my student loans, and supporting GamerGate.

zer0das

Banned
I always thought the Wolfpac was great, because it got rid of most of the B-listers and had all the awesome wrestlers in it. Then they reintegrated into the NWO and it's like whelp, this story line sucks now. Honestly I feel like that was the WCW's biggest mistake.They could have wrapped things up, but kept the corpse of the NWO alive way too long.

I still miss the old cruiser weight stuff, so many great wrestlers.

strobogo

Banned
I always thought the Wolfpac was great, because it got rid of most of the B-listers and had all the awesome wrestlers in it. Then they reintegrated into the NWO and it's like whelp, this story line sucks now. Honestly I feel like that was the WCW's biggest mistake.They could have wrapped things up, but kept the corpse of the NWO alive way too long.

I still miss the old cruiser weight stuff, so many great wrestlers.

The Wolfpac had Konnan and Lex Luger. It also had a way past the point of caring Kevin Nash and the worst version of Sting.

FyreWulff

Man, I never enjoyed the Wolfpac. I'm sure they made a lot of cash. Love the nWo b-team though. Stevie Ray and his Slapjack! Scott Norton killing Ernest Miller!

I'll admit I might have been biased coming from a state with the color of red everywhere.. so the wolfpac shirts fit in well :eek:

But really, it was just the last straw back then for me caring. nWo angle went on too fucking long, and it was like someone just had a tape on loop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The original 'wolfpac' with Nash, Hall, and Syxx was cool becuase it was kind of their own little group within the group while Hogan did title shot things.

The red and black wolfpac was shit. They didn't even have Scott Steiner. And they had Disco at his worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lex is actually in a real good place, still has his faculties.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm still 4 life and think about the nWo and how I fit into the nWo puzzle. Literally every single day I think about this.

I wanted to like Wolfpac but I couldn't leave Hogan's side. I'll never turn my back on the Hulkster.

the best nwo members ranked

1. hollywood hogan
2. kevin nash
3. scott hall
4. dennis rodman
5. scott steiner
6. the giant
7. randy savage
8. curt hennig
9. eric bischoff
10. great muta
11. ravishing rick rude
12. syxx pac
13. ted dibiase
14. buff bagwell
15. chono
16. fake sting
17. vincent
18. miss elizabeth
19. vk wall street
20. nick patrick
21. big bossman
22. scott norton
23. dusty rhodes
24. the disciple
25. konan
26. brian adams
27. sting
28. horace hogan
29. lex luger
30. disco inferno
31. bret hart
32. david flair/torrie wilson
33. the harris bros
34. stevie ray
35. scott steiners freaks
36. mark johnson
37. all of those other fucking random dudes from japan
38. booker t
39. the hosts of dinner and a movie
40. shawn michaels

Barrage

Im just waiting for a Vice article interviewing guys who got NWO 4 Life tattoos in the 90s, and how their divorce affected them.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
the best nwo members ranked

1. hollywood hogan
2. kevin nash
3. scott hall
4. dennis rodman
5. scott steiner
6. the giant
7. randy savage
8. curt hennig
9. eric bischoff
10. great muta
11. ravishing rick rude
12. syxx pac
13. ted dibiase
14. buff bagwell
15. chono
16. fake sting
17. vincent
18. miss elizabeth
19. vk wall street
20. nick patrick
21. big bossman
22. scott norton
23. dusty rhodes
24. the disciple
25. konan
26. brian adams
27. sting
28. horace hogan
29. lex luger
30. disco inferno
31. bret hart
32. david flair/torrie wilson
33. the harris bros
34. stevie ray
35. scott steiners freaks
36. mark johnson
37. all of those other fucking random dudes from japan
38. booker t
39. the hosts of dinner and a movie
40. shawn michaels

Nash over Hall? C'mon!

Soodanim

Thanks OP, I just spend over an hour watching wrestling videos on YouTube. Every bloody time, it's like clicking on a TV Tropes link.

storl026

Such good memories, I remember Tuesday mornings on the school bus talking about Nitro/Raw with my friends (6th-7th grade).

After watching several wrestling videos as a refresher (thanks OP), I'm just going to echo how disappointing the Sting-Hogan match was at Starrcade '97. Sting spends the whole year just dismantling the nWo, then just gets worked by Hogan at Starrcade. That could have been so satisfying.

I watched WCW a little bit into the Wolfpac, then switched to WWF from 98-99. I haven't been back since, other than occasional videos and promos out of curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom