• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront |OT| of The Greater Goliath Republic

Chrange said:
So I redeemed the code for online play at home on the web, then played some single player last night. Today I try to play at the office and get the 'redeem code to go past 5' message...

Tied to the machine?

Man, I'm gonna be PISSED if this is the case (which I'm sure it is - why wouldn't it be?) I've got THREE 360s in my house.

How much does an extra code cost?

RedStep

Chrange said:
So I redeemed the code for online play at home on the web, then played some single player last night. Today I try to play at the office and get the 'redeem code to go past 5' message...

Tied to the machine?

Did you go to your Download History and grab the key again (Battle Key or whatever)?

Chrange

Banned
sparky2112 said:
Man, I'm gonna be PISSED if this is the case (which I'm sure it is - why wouldn't it be?) I've got THREE 360s in my house.

How much does an extra code cost?

Went into my recent downloads and downloaded it again. Have to finish the paper though, so I can't check on it again for a while.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Just saw this video on youtube. Apparently the guy complained to Kaos's community manager and they went and outright banned him from both the multi and singleplayer portion of the game. I didn't even think it was possible to ban someone from playing SP.
I'll believe it when it hits reddit and gets a thread made about it.

Chrange

Banned
Had to wait on graphics to get some things done, so I fired it up again. Downloading the 108 kb key again worked. Kind of sucks to have to do it, but whatever.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sethos said:
That's not too shabby, how does that compare with other games? Never really heard of many Day 1 sale numbers.

I believe Killzone 3 sold 500,000 in its first entire week worldwide (while PS3 exclusive), Homefront should easily reach that in the US alone this week. (I would hope)

Klocker

I'm enjoying the MP....kindof.... the one thing I keep thinking is it has the pacing of a Call of duty but with controls (movement) that are not as responsive as I would like them to be for that speed. aslo the distant characters are like these itsy bitsy little things that you can barely see...

feels like depth perception is off or something.

addyb

Got my copy today but in bed sick as a dog.

Just wondered what the maps were like? Any favourites with anyone? How does the voting system work?

chixdiggit

Played a bunch of the MP last night and had a pretty good time (PC). I really like how this game lets you save points per match for vehicles instead of them randomly spawning.

Ugh, I renounce all my love for the makers of DC.
This game is awful, the sp is extremely crummy (wasn't expecting anything else).

But the mp is just a mess.
Everything from the jumpy framerates, enemy models blending into the ugly colors of the surroundings, huge diff between ironsight and normal aim speed, more than weird tank turret control, floaty humvee machine gun controls, 70 round magazines with 1 sec reload times no recoil for most weaps and 2 bullets killing people (it's like having a frigging fully automatic AWP with endless mag size in CS) , commander mode which instead of punishing snipers and campers ends up punishing that guy who just killed 3 people to clear out the objective and is trying to defend it while it's capping and graphics that look like a very primitive xbox game (I don't mind q3 or even cs graphics, but this just looks out of place, and runs horribly too).

Meh, there is just too much that ruins any decent experience you might ever have with it.

Maps are all just a big square field with a bunch of objects/houses plopped down in them.
bc2:vietnam, cs, q3, rtcw, tf2, ut99 and the likes all weep , for their intelligent map design clearly did not rub off on these chumps.

Second time in 3 years that I buy a game before trying it, second time that I get burnt.

Before anyone says I got my ass kicked and am here to vent, I was topping the scores in the last 3 games, and I'd rather come in last in a cs , AA 1 (rip) or q3 match than win in this.

I'm tired and cranky, time to call it for today.

Not being able to get into a game in a party is gonna end up killing this for me. I've enjoyed the few rounds I've gotten to play by myself, but trying to join with even one other person never works. It's nice to have dedicated servers but if you don't put enough up what's the damn point.

Annnd anyone getting Join Failed: Error Creating a Beacon. >?

Fox Mulder

the fuck, walmart already has this for $42. Such bullshit that I spent a $20 certificate at best buy yesterday and paid $43 for it. I just might be done buying games day one for now. I've been fucked by hype too often.

Guess I'll go complain for the price match difference back at best buy.

i haven't tried MP yet but SP is just godawful.

there might as be only one machine gun because they all feel the same way and the controls are really clunky.

grenade toss is all kinds of epic tho.

Klocker

not to mention laggy and glitchy

and whose idea was it to put "Resume Campaign" at the top of the list with no confrimation on a 5 hour long game where MP will get many more hours???

especially when servers are booting you out to MAIN screen?? ..

I get green bars in all my MP games except this one.... always red... wtf

SneakyStephan said:
Ugh, I renounce all my love for the makers of DC.
This game is awful, the sp is extremely crummy (wasn't expecting anything else).

But the mp is just a mess.
Everything from the jumpy framerates, enemy models blending into the ugly colors of the surroundings, huge diff between ironsight and normal aim speed, more than weird tank turret control, floaty humvee machine gun controls, 70 round magazines with 1 sec reload times no recoil for most weaps and 2 bullets killing people (it's like having a frigging fully automatic AWP with endless mag size in CS) , commander mode which instead of punishing snipers and campers ends up punishing that guy who just killed 3 people to clear out the objective and is trying to defend it while it's capping and graphics that look like a very primitive xbox game (I don't mind q3 or even cs graphics, but this just looks out of place, and runs horribly too).

Meh, there is just too much that ruins any decent experience you might ever have with it.

Maps are all just a big square field with a bunch of objects/houses plopped down in them.
bc2:vietnam, cs, q3, rtcw, tf2, ut99 and the likes all weep , for their intelligent map design clearly did not rub off on these chumps.

Second time in 3 years that I buy a game before trying it, second time that I get burnt.

Before anyone says I got my ass kicked and am here to vent, I was topping the scores in the last 3 games, and I'd rather come in last in a cs , AA 1 (rip) or q3 match than win in this.

I'm tired and cranky, time to call it for today.

Sorry, did you just say BC2:Vietnam has intelligent map design?

bhlaab

From another forum:

anyway multiplayer is also super fucking bad. there are no ballistics whatsoever and the guns are all super powerful laser guns with no recoil and there's no environment destruction at all. trying to drive around in a tank is just pointless because as previously mentioned, you will get stopped cold by fucking picket fences that are everywhere on the tiny ass levels

also the way it works is, the bullets come out of your fucking skull. if you have line of sight on something you can shoot it, even if your gun is like clearly firing into a brick wall. it's fucking terrible

yeah that's me in an abrams being stopped COLD by a wooden fence

DUN GOOFD

Banned
wow this game is unplayable on PS3.
cant find servers.
party system doesnt work.
backing out of game lobby restarts your system.

how could they release crap like this??

Klocker

Our ‘Skirmish’ playlists are capped at a lower player count (16 max) which means they do not require a dedicated server. Our peer-to-peer networking code runs great, and the performance will be similar to what you’d expect from any FPS with a solid peer-to-peer infrastructure, like the Halo series. You will certainly be able to get a queue-free taste of the full Homefront experience, until our dedicated server capacity is high enough to support demand.

did not know that...also I beg to differ, I get crap connections in this mode compared to Halo et al

Fox Mulder

DUN GOOFD said:
cant find servers.

it's a growing trend nowadays. I guess it's easier to fuck over people that buy your game day one and take weeks to patch the game or bring up servers than release a finished product. I'm really tired of this bullshit, especially after getting bit by the Test Drive Unlimited 2 garbage.

It's less frustrating to just wait months for when it's all patched and running right, plus it's cheaper used.

DUN GOOFD said:
cant find servers.

I've got into games all day just fine on ps3

Ramirez

I have the game sitting here, unopened, I'm really torn on whether or not I should give it a go or take it back for something else. :( I really wish they would have had a demo...

Well, first impressions of the multiplayer are that it's a ton of fun if you like COD type gunplayl. It feels like hip-fire will be a bigger part of close range though, I'm having trouble staying on target if I ADS too close. Characters run too fast and the sticky aim isn't sticky enough to really compensate.

Now, they need to patch the PS3 so it stops hard locking all the time. I wonder if it is a server overload issue :p.

~Kinggi~ said:
Are you fucking shitting me?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003Q55YCU/

41$.

1 Day. Hey thanks all those people that preordered for 57$ now go fuck yourselves cause we be dropping the price!

Fuck preorders and fuck this shit.

I read someone Amazon refunded the difference.

I was sort of tempted to get this, but not for a 5 hour SP. I'll just watch a LP online. I would think there should be some up now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
~Kinggi~ said:
Are you fucking shitting me?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003Q55YCU/

41$.

1 Day. Hey thanks all those people that preordered for 57$ now go fuck yourselves cause we be dropping the price!

Fuck preorders and fuck this shit.

Amazon gave me the difference. So, with the 15 dollars in promotional credit I received for pre-ordering, the game cost me a net price of under $30. Seeing how much I am loving MP, it is well worth it.

commish said:
Amazon gave me the difference. So, with the 15 dollars in promotional credit I received for pre-ordering, the game cost me a net price of under $30. Seeing how much I am loving MP, it is well worth it.
Hmm, the MP did seem interesting, how many people are currently playing do you think?

nyong

Banned
Ramirez said:
I have the game sitting here, unopened, I'm really torn on whether or not I should give it a go or take it back for something else. :( I really wish they would have had a demo...
Give it back. Chances are excellent you're going to regret it, especially with the inevitable price drops coming. Seriously. Don't open it.

Fox Mulder

Ramirez said:

it dropped almost $20 in one day and has server issues. Don't open it and save the $60 for something else. You will always be able to pick this up cheap as hell, probably by the end of the month.

eznark

Banned
commish said:
When did you preorder?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Hmm, the MP did seem interesting, how many people are currently playing do you think?

No way of knowing. Doesn't seem to be any problem finding 32 player games that are completely full.

The only issue I have with the game is that the rounds are over too quickly. However, I am pretty sure that they are this short because of balancing issues; if the rounds were longer, the air would be filled with choppers.

bkfount said:
it dropped almost $20 in one day and has server issues. Don't open it and save the $60 for something else. You will always be able to pick this up cheap as hell, probably by the end of the month.

Dead Space 2, which was amazing, had a $20 price drop the day after release. KZ3 also had a price drop shortly after release, as did Bulletstorm. I'm pretty sure none of those games are 30 bucks right now.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:

A lot since the servers are always full right now. I was able to get into matches last night after 10pm est and all playlists were full with 24 players plus playing.

Top Bottom