• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront |OT| of The Greater Goliath Republic

Spl1nter said:
Or the weakest class in BC2. But I could understand how someone who isn't good at the game and gets killed by a sniper would think that. Please try to argue how it is stronger in comparison to the other classes., Snrub can back up my BC2 credentials.

Troof. Although you unfortunately seem to be the exception when it comes to most recon players' play style.

BMX Bandit said:
Anyway, what's the best way to take out helicopters at low levels in multiplayer? Any tips?

Use the proximity launcher in the Explosive loadout.

Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, that drone that puts people on radar is seriously overpowered.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have gotten apaches literally 3 minutes into a match because of it. Feels game breaking to me. Like, there is rarely a tdm match where I am not getting apaches.

I have gotten a 2800 bp apache and 2100 scout in one tdm match because of it.

The amount of points it gets, or cool down on scanning enemies, or something needs to be nerfed.

I think it's fine. You can rack up points as a recon done, IF everyone on the other team ignores the Battle Commander, which pretty quickly assigns people to kill it. I always search the skies for drones.

Of course, if you aren't playing BC, then yeah, that's tough. Interesting, because BC mode balances out a lot of stuff that's "broke" in the vanilla game (and most shooters in general).

Liberty4all

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, that drone that puts people on radar is seriously overpowered.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have gotten apaches literally 3 minutes into a match because of it. Feels game breaking to me. Like, there is rarely a tdm match where I am not getting apaches.

I have gotten a 2800 bp apache and 2100 scout in one tdm match because of it.

The amount of points it gets, or cool down on scanning enemies, or something needs to be nerfed.

No the problem is that not enough people have unlocked or are using the rhino drone. It has a lock on missile launcher that rapes sentry drones. One shot kill.

Trust me sentries are laughably easy to take down.

1-D_FTW

ghostmind said:
Wow, Amazon has this game for $42 with a $15 credit bonus. I don't think I've seen pricing so agressive just a day or two after launch.

Bet they did it to price match Walmart.com.

EDIT: Yup. 41.96 is exactly what Walmart went to earlier today. And because Walmart left the PC at 50, so did Amazon.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
Mr. Snrub said:
I think you can lock on as another chopper, and maybe the AA drone (once unlocked).

But the proximity launcher is pretty effective. You just need to fire it so it gets near the chopper and it explodes.

EDIT: Also, remember to set your vehicle loadouts once you unlock them. By default, they have a few ability points that are unfulfilled.

EDIT 2: Guide for weapons, perks, unlocks

Thanks for the info, i've only unlocked the vehicle perks for the humv and the LAV so far, but they seem helpful(big stick lets you kill a guy with the humv turret with less than his body weight in bullets, for example).

Maybe it's just because i'm in the "honeymoon" period still, but I think the multiplayer in this is great. That is to say, the battle commander ground control mode is great. I got a 4 star rating as infantry and all kinds of dudes were coming at me and it was great, since you get the uav and armor and whatever else.

However, I played one TDM and it seemed pretty boring, like the maps are too big without objectives to focus the action. And there don't seem to be many maps.

Any PC gaffers figure out how to get a Steam group/squad game started? I was under the impression that anyone in the group could join on one another, but haven't been able to do that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Amazon gave me a refund of the difference in price, even though I ordered yesterday.

Have I mentioned I love Amazon?

CAW

Having the worst time trying to play with friends. Can't seem to join as a group. Keep getting no available slots, unable to join game session and other errors.

Xbox 360.

Sethos

Banned
Sometimes I love living in Scandinavia, I'm paying $90 for the game - Better be good :p Not to mention, I get to wait 2-3 more days.

Hilaho

Neo Member
Bought for PS3. My last 4 games in a row have frozen. No working party system means being stuck with randoms, which is not fun. I'm not even going to go into the horrific graphics and pop up.

enewtabie

Played as a Drone operator last night and had no kills and 23 assists. Very cool. The visuals are bad in some spots and there are some issues with grenade throwing and sniping,but it's cool overall. I think the statisical side needs a overall. I would like a better stats layout rather than having to click on a leaderboard layout.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
enewtabie said:
Played as a Drone operator last night and had no kills and 23 assists. Very cool. The visuals are bad in some spots and there are some issues with grenade throwing and sniping,but it's cool overall. I think the statisical side needs a overall. I would like a better stats layout rather than having to click on a leaderboard layout.

On that note, has anyone gotten their stats page on the homefront website to work? I linked up my PSN with it but it still shows all my stuff as totally blank.

Hilaho said:
Bought for PS3. My last 4 games in a row have frozen. No working party system means being stuck with randoms, which is not fun. I'm not even going to go into the horrific graphics and pop up.
as opposed tooooooooooooooooo

mxgt

Banned
Took the plunge and bought it on D2D. Comes with a free Metro 2033 so I think it's a good price.

Unlocks tomorrow afternoon which is nice, can't wait to dive into multiplayer.

plc268

Raul_Atreides said:
On that note, has anyone gotten their stats page on the homefront website to work? I linked up my PSN with it but it still shows all my stuff as totally blank.

Leaderboards don't seem to work right for me. My teams seem to win about 80% of the matches, but my W/L record on the leaderboard is 1-15. Weird.

Just saw this video on youtube. Apparently the guy complained to Kaos's community manager and they went and outright banned him from both the multi and singleplayer portion of the game. I didn't even think it was possible to ban someone from playing SP.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Just saw this video on youtube. Apparently the guy complained to Kaos's community manager and they went and outright banned him from both the multi and singleplayer portion of the game. I didn't even think it was possible to ban someone from playing SP.

so was the community manager..... suppressing resistance?

edit: youtuber is a douche

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

That seems extremely fishy, i don't think you would get a profile ban from THQ first of all (has to come from Microsoft) and I highly doubt KAOS CHEFS would do that if it even were possible.

Something tells me there is more to this story we don't know.

U2NUMB

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

I would like to know exactly what he said in his "complaints".. based on how he acts on this video I am guessing he was a total ass. Now.. that does not mean they should ban him from the game. Perhaps a ban of their forums would have been a better move.

Deadly Cyclone said:
That seems extremely fishy, i don't think you would get a profile ban from THQ first of all (has to come from Microsoft) and I highly doubt KAOS CHEFS would do that if it even were possible.

Something tells me there is more to this story we don't know.
Yeah I agree.

Hixx

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Video is hardly conclusive - why didn't he just boot the game on his usual profile? I've had my console lock up when changing user accounts before.

Would have more sympathy if he didn't come across as an incredibly bitter person who struggled to construct a sentence without the word 'fuck' in it, though.

mxgt

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Is he seriously throwing a tantrum on youtube?

Raul_Atreides said:

Same.

In related news, Kaos twitter account said they're adding more servers to meet the demand and also have an update coming soon.

I dont know this f1stdacuffs, but he obviously is good people, a saint one might say. Im very sad to hear he wont be joining us anymore on Homefront's online multiplayer.

All kidding aside, what an douche. High Five Kaos. BAN THEM ALL.

Mikey Jr.

Why are people saying this is a bomba and shit?

On the twitter, the guy says "

Demand for dedicated servers outstripped expectations. Though we're thrilled by the popularity, please bear with us as we bring more online."

He could be lying of course, but I really hope they did well.

Mikey Jr. said:
Why are people saying this is a bomba and shit?

On the twitter, the guy says "

Demand for dedicated servers outstripped expectations. Though we're thrilled by the popularity, please bear with us as we bring more online."

He could be lying of course, but I really hope they did well.
Every company has server problems at launch, all of them always under cut how many they need due to costs and other stuff. Not saying that this is the case here but it nearly always is.

Chrange

Banned
So I redeemed the code for online play at home on the web, then played some single player last night. Today I try to play at the office and get the 'redeem code to go past 5' message...

Tied to the machine?

soultron

Banned
I hate it when YT gameplay commentators think they're worth more than anyone else playing a game because they're on YT. They're not special or famous, so they should stop acting like such entitled shits.

His argument is shit. "Don't buy this game because I got banned!" Your actions got you banned. The game is guilty by proxy? Fuck you.

Just saw his twitter shit. I won't ever be watching his videos ever again.

Nabs

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
bs

Top Bottom