• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this detail. This probably makes more sense because Carrie to be pregnant would be so awful

I guess she checks everyday to see if it's out of her system
Ah yeah, that makes more sense than random baby

Really enjoyed the episode, hope Dana is gone for good

LordCanti

Guys, you've got it all wrong; She's going to sell them on craigslist to people that want to fool their boyfriends and/or husbands (Sadly a real thing, I guess).

This is the show I want. Espionage shit happening in a cloak and dagger sort of way. More of this and never any Dana ever again please.

crozier

Javardi was definitely tipped off by someone in the CIA/FBI. How else would he have known the location of someone in witness protection?

That damn mole. I can't wait until it's revealed to be Carrie. She never would have suspected herself!

On a serious note, tonight's episode was great. The show was basically a suspenseful espionage thriller and was better off for it.

I really hope that's the last we've seen of Dana but lol.

- A few gifs from Warming Glow:

i36EQMHecQ9GJ.gif

Meanwhile in dead souls' bathroom:

w7sVOUY.gif

inm8num2

When Jessica told Dana to wait before leaving, I thought she was rushing to get a picture, charm, memento, or something similar.

Instead she gets a charge card. I don't know why I found that funny.

When Jessica told Dana to wait before leaving, I thought she was rushing to get a picture, charm, memento, or something similar.

Yeah, we laughed too. My wife said Jessica is the worst mother ever, not even getting phone number or address form the new friend.

It all feels like the show will only be about Carrie and Saul now, they are eliminating the Brody's one by one.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
If this was 24 my money would be on Quinn being the mole.
The mole is so obviously Virgils brother. There's no other reason for him to be around. And I think they've hinted at him before. I know he's not technically in the CIA but he knows enough, especially now.

Also, Dana is done folks. Her mom crying and for some reason or another not allowed to contact her is a sendoff if I've ever seen one. It's either her or the mom/chris, but has to be dana who is gone.

I don't follow the show outside watching the episodes, so I have to ask, the lack of Brody is just story driven or there is any problem with the actor, money, contracts and all that stuff.

The episode was great, minus the Dana BS, what kind of mom will let her child go god knows where, at that age specially?.

The mole is so obviously Virgils brother. There's no other reason for him to be around. And I think they've hinted at him before. I know he's not technically in the CIA but he knows enough, especially now.

Also, Dana is done folks. Her mom crying and for some reason or another not allowed to contact her is a sendoff if I've ever seen one. It's either her or the mom/chris, but has to be dana who is gone.

I'm thinking they had to get all the Brody family stuff out of the way early due to Monica Baccarin's pregnancy. At least I hope. She was very pregnant in this ep. Notice all the upper body shots and loose clothing in the others.

KorrZ

That I got. What I meant is that they took a guy who seemingly was cool under pressure and revealed he's just an idiot psychopath. Even if the guy wanted revenge going to the house was a dumb move. Carrie even said so herself.

Meh, just nitpicking. I still liked it.

Carrie had already dropped the bomb on him that the CIA was watching him/ready to bring him into custody. He wanted revenge, and since he was already caught, what else did he have to lose?

KarmaCow

I thought it worked. She was frazzled by the sudden reveal and was literally scrambling for anything to help her. She just wanted to feel like she's helping Dana, even if a $300 cash card isn't really useful.

Carrie had already dropped the bomb on him that the CIA was watching him/ready to bring him into custody. He wanted revenge, and since he was already caught, what else did he have to lose?

Yea that's how I took it. He always wanted to do it with his own hands, which is why he didn't use a gun but it was always risky. Saul can't prosecute him in anyway, he's a giant asset so it's also a fuck you to Saul.

jarosh

"Where are you going to live? When am I going to see you again? Just who the hell is this person you are going to live with? How are you going to pay your rent? Or... buy food? Wait, just what exactly IS your plan? Do you HAVE a plan? How old are you again?"
- distraught mother of teenage daughter who just announced that she's moving out

"Here's a credit card with $300 on it."
- Jessica Brody

Yeah the killing was basically him knowing he was going to get taken in so he might as well do something he won't really get in trouble for before he goes in!

Solid episode.

I keep hoping that the brody boy would die.

That's my beef, though - it does put him in a worse position than before.

Why do some of you argue about whether it was sound of him to kill his ex-wife ? He did something irrational because he was acting on anger. He killed her because she left him years ago. There's not much more to it.

I am curious though as to how he got the information as to her whereabouts. It probably was the mole. I'm making a prediction: the identity of the mole won't be a plot twist. I think it will be someone we have never seen yet.

Frost_Ace

"Where are you going to live? When am I going to see you again? Just who the hell is this person you are going to live with? How are you going to pay your rent? Or... buy food? Wait, just what exactly IS your plan? Do you HAVE a plan? How old are you again?"
- distraught mother of teenage daughter who just announced that she's moving out

"Here's a credit card with $300 on it."
- Jessica Brody
I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

THRILLH0

Banned
This season has made it clear that the producers HAD to keep Brody around and screwed the pooch by putting him on a bus last season.

However contrived the plotline machinations to keep him around, Homeland is a better show with him in it.

Chris is a boss. Dana tries to kill herself and goes through all sorts of unbearable angst while Chris still manages to keep up the family-friendly inputs like "Dana Lazrow, it's pretty cool, isn't it mom!".

Or maybe they just didn't tell him the truth about his dad

This season has made it clear that the producers HAD to keep Brody around and screwed the pooch by putting him on a bus last season.

However contrived the plotline machinations to keep him around, Homeland is a better show with him in it.

I don't know man. I am really liking the Carrie/Saul/Quinn/Farah team we got here. I could go with that for 50 minutes without any Brody family bullshit. I'm getting tired of it.

You know what I would have liked ? That Dana had been written to lose her mind throughout the whole season, culminating in her blowing herself up as her father tried to do once. Maybe it sounds weird, but I'm sure the writers could have done something great with this idea. It would have been better than the boring family drama that we've had thus far.

I mean, christ, Zach Hamilton came and went so quickly. Every time he was on screen was time wasted. Now he's just gone. Nothing good came out of him.

Do you remember Carrie's recruit back in season one ? The hot blonde who posed as a secretary for the prince ? I was pissed when she was killed and now I'm even more pissed considering the potential I am seeing in her character. She could have been a main character, staying with the prince, who could have been rewritten as an actual terrorist. So instead of each episode being 2/3rds Carrie/CIA/Spy stuff that we like and 1/3rd boring Brody family stuff, we could have gotten CIA/Spy stuff for the whole episode. The writers could have satisfied all of their love story/greek tragedy urges with her and the prince. They could have played with the story of her falling in love with an actual terrorist who truly murders people, all the while spying and reporting to Carrie, keeping shit interesting and not 100% a soap opera. It could also have been refreshing to see the environment change from scene to scene, had they filmed most of her scenes in the Middle East.

I think it would have been a great dynamic and definitely better than what we have now, as everytime the Brodys occupy the screen, it's as if the main story gets paused. It's frustrating.

Yeah, I'm definitely team Carrie/Saul/Quinn/Farah. I don't miss Brody at all and I'm ready for him to be written out along with the rest of his family.

I just want season four to be a full blown espionage thriller.

Emwitus

show has got really good. Really loving this season so far.

EDIT: I was honestly expecting brody's family to killed at the end.

KarmaCow

I am curious though as to how he got the information as to her whereabouts. It probably was the mole. I'm making a prediction: the identity of the mole won't be a plot twist. I think it will be someone we have never seen yet.

I don't think it relates to any possible mole. Didn't they show him watching the house while eating a burger in a previous episode? He's the head of the Iranian intelligence agency, I'm sure he could outwit witness protection to find out the location of his ex wife in the past 30 years if he could orchestrate the bombing on Langley.

Not that this murder was premeditated, but he must have kept tabs on her and the situation presented himself when Carrie pretty much outed him.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm still really bothered by the fact that Saul and the CIA are conducting operations within the United States, something that is wholly illegal and yet no one has brought this up. For a show that is supposed to be about a "realistic" portrayal of the CIA the fact that they don't understand that the CIA can't conduct intelligence operations in the US is pretty jarring.

Sure, Quinn can have a gun and ride around like some government agent in the US, I mean the CIA is like the FBI or some police force right? And of course Saul can just get a drone approved to fly over US airspace flown by CIA agents, nothing wrong with that. I swear I think this show was originally supposed to be about the FBI but they thought the CIA sounded cooler and was more mysterious.

I don't think it relates to any possible mole. Didn't they show him watching the house while eating a burger in a previous episode? He's the head of the Iranian intelligence agency, I'm sure he could outwit witness protection to find out the location of his ex wife in the past 30 years if he could orchestrate the bombing on Langley.

I don't think that's good logic. CIA headquarters are public. All someone has to do to blow it up is to sneak in some explosives. This dude succeeded because he's well connected and probably has a mole in the CIA.

As for his wife being in protective custody, him being an Iranian Intelligence Agent does not, in my view, make him capable of searching and finding her whereabouts. When someone gets put in protective custody, very few people know of their real identity and domicile. To know where his wife was, he had to have had some inside info.

kottila

Chris is a boss. Dana tries to kill herself and goes through all sorts of unbearable angst while Chris still manages to keep up the family-friendly inputs like "Dana Lazrow, it's pretty cool, isn't it mom!".

Or maybe they just didn't tell him the truth about his dad

We need a comedy spin off series focusing on all the crazy hijinks he's up to in between his scenes

kottila

I'm still really bothered by the fact that Saul and the CIA are conducting operations within the United States, something that is wholly illegal and yet no one has brought this up. For a show that is supposed to be about a "realistic" portrayal of the CIA the fact that they don't understand that the CIA can't conduct intelligence operations in the US is pretty jarring.

Has the operation even been cleared with the agency? They're hiding out and hiis second in command seemed to have no idea what was going on.

KarmaCow

I don't think that's good logic. CIA headquarters are public. All someone has to do to blow it up is to sneak in some explosives. This dude succeeded because he's well connected and probably has a mole in the CIA.

As for his wife being in protective custody, him being an Iranian Intelligence Agent does not, in my view, make him capable of searching and finding her whereabouts. When someone gets put in protective custody, very few people know of their real identity and domicile. To know where his wife was, he had to have had some inside info.

I had forgotten about Abu Nazir being part of the plan to setup the funeral for the bombing so it wasn't all Jivadi orchestrating the season long plot, but what I meant he has tons of resources. I've given up thinking the show is trying to approximate reality so I figure he has means to get intel from within the CIA (and other organizations) over the decades but I don't think him knowing about his wife is related to the series long mole hints.

inm8num2

Yes... Monica is definitely pregnant...

:lol at Dana just moving out to live with a friend though.

The writers should have integrated Morena Baccarin's pregnancy into the show by having the baby belong to Mike. Then we could have had the Brody family still be in the show. :/

inm8num2

The last two episodes have been really good.

Hope the season keeps getting better and better.

There seems to be a correlation between the show's quality and the amount of Brody family drama. That is, the reduced Brody/Dana stuff has allowed the show to get back to its roots and refocus on Carrie and Saul.

Dysun

I don't miss Brody, the episode in Venezuela was the least interesting of the season. His family is a huge drag every week, this season has to be a wake-up call for the execs that they have run their course on the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom