• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallor

So hows this season comparing to last? Haven't watched any of this season yet but I thought season 2 was pretty mediocre.

I don't know man. I am really liking the Carrie/Saul/Quinn/Farah team we got here. I could go with that for 50 minutes without any Brody family bullshit. I'm getting tired of it.
This times infinity. Except I want one scene of Chris Brody going into convenience stores, churches, school, etc. every week to say "Do you know my dad? He's famous!" or something along those lines, proving how clueless he is.

Really liking the Saul/Carrie plot bringing Javadi in.

And Quinn is a boss.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Has the operation even been cleared with the agency? They're hiding out and hiis second in command seemed to have no idea what was going on.

I don't even know what Dar Adal's position is, they are just likely he's the head of this shady outfit no one likes to talk about. And, if you remember last season apparently many people in the CIA didn't even know what he looked like. Yet, now all of a sudden he is a highly visible #2 man in the CIA it makes no sense. Seriously, what the fuck does he do?

Also, the CIA doesnt have super secret outfits no one likes to talk about. If you're talking about the part of the CIA that does covert "paramilitary" operations that would be the Special Activities Division, it's not a fucking secret. Also, the person in charge of that division would not be the #2 man in the CIA.

But what could I expect from a TV show...

This show man
This show

Its 180 from season 2. I was on the edge of my bed when he got to the house. This episode is great even after watching Boardwalk Empire.

(continued skipping Dana scenes)

kottila

I don't even know what Dar Adal's position is, they are just likely he's the head of this shady outfit no one likes to talk about. And, if you remember last season apparently many people in the CIA didn't even know what he looked like. Yet, now all of a sudden he is a highly visible #2 man in the CIA it makes no sense. Seriously, what the fuck does he do?

Also, the CIA doesnt have super secret outfits no one likes to talk about. If you're talking about the part of the CIA that does covert "paramilitary" operations that would be the Special Activities Division, it's not a fucking secret. Also, the person in charge of that division would not be the #2 man in the CIA.

But what could I expect from a TV show...

Not a secret outfit, just that Saul is doing the operation himself without having cleared it with anyone. I bet there's going to be tons of office politics in the next episodes whether they keep Javadi as a source or let him rot in jail (death penalty?)

2MF

Why do some of you argue about whether it was sound of him to kill his ex-wife ? He did something irrational because he was acting on anger. He killed her because she left him years ago. There's not much more to it.

I am curious though as to how he got the information as to her whereabouts. It probably was the mole. I'm making a prediction: the identity of the mole won't be a plot twist. I think it will be someone we have never seen yet.

I don't think there needs to be any mole in the present. It's very possible he always knew where his wife was but didn't do anything as it would get him in trouble.

Now he was screwed anyway so he does what he wants, plus he gets back at Saul.

jett

D-Member
This was the first good episode in a long, long time. And yet still considerably brought down by the Brody shit. The Brody family still existing in this show will forever be inexplicable.

Frost_Ace

This was the first good episode in a long, long time. And yet still considerably brought down by the Brody shit. The Brody family still existing in this show will forever be inexplicable.

They are good in small doses, Carrie has been more annoying than Dana imho, at least until the "twist".

Dysun

They are good in small doses, Carrie has been more annoying than Dana imho, at least until the "twist".

813bc9.gif

Joni

Just thinking about these past episodes: How did Quinn perform a perfect headshot on that kid? If he thought he was shooting at an adult guard, he just shot him in the abdomen and he would be able to yell.

aFIGurANT

I went to watch this last episode on demand today and accidentally got to the season one page. Reading about the brody/carrie dynamic in the description made me wish we still had that kind of thing and less of the Brody Family Weekly stuff. As it is I thought the last few episodes have just been good spy television, not really too much better than The Americans for example. Which I'm fine with if they'd just figure out what the hell was going on with Brody....

I went to watch this last episode on demand today and accidentally got to the season one page. Reading about the brody/carrie dynamic in the description made me wish we still had that kind of thing and less of the Brody Family Weekly stuff. As it is I thought the last few episodes have just been good spy television, not really too much better than The Americans for example. Which I'm fine with if they'd just figure out what the hell was going on with Brody....
They forgot to kill him in the season one finale and are still dealing with that stupid decision.

aFIGurANT

It's funny because you would have pissed off a lot of people, me included if you let Brody blow everyone up. But the fallout in terms of the show's direction is noticeable. Network Execs going to network exec I guess.

kingkitty

I kinda ignored season 3 after how season 2 turned out. But now I've watched every new ep and...so far it's not as crazy stupid, which is nice.

The twist is just whatever, now I wonder what part of Carrie's mental hospital adventures was legitimate emotion and what was spy acting.

The Dana plots are still the worst. Seems like she always has a boyfriend with a dark side. I can't help but laugh when she decided to move out. Hasn't it been like a fucken day or something when she ran away with Leo? You know, when she stole her mom's car, and traded it with a junk car. And now this piece of shit decided to move out without even discussing with her mom? What a fucking asshole Dana is. Also what the hell is Jessica the mom doing. You went through all this effort to keep your child safe and in your own house and now after like a 2 minute talk you're just gonna let her move out? How old is Dana now? Doesn't she still have to go to high school?

I hope I never see Dana's face again. All the filler should now be dedicated to Chris Brody. I'm excited where they take this.

Also terrorist Brody...he'll pop up again...somehow...hopefully in a body bag.

edit: On a more positive note, Saul is still a great character. I love his beard. He's slowly turning to the dark side, which I'm fine with. That whole scarf rant he did at the new girl was just godawful tho. Quinn is still cool. Carrie is Carrie.

kingkitty

Dana's 18. You can tell because they briefly showed her boob in that one episode. Her mom couldn't force her to stay.

Lol, well the actress is at least 18. According to the Homeland wiki, Dana is still 16. But idk if that's accurate, I've lost track how much time has passed between season 1 and 3.

LordCanti

Lol, well the actress is at least 18. According to the Homeland wiki, Dana is still 16. But idk if that's accurate, I've lost track how much time has passed between season 1 and 3.

I think Jessica would have put up more of a fight if she was still underage. Hopefully she won't be back either way.

GusBus

Dis gif is something else. Anyway, yeah, bomb digity episode. Homeland continues to deliver. I can't imagine Dar Adal bailing on Saul but honestly, who knows at this point? Also wonder we'll get back to our man Nicholass in carack ass.

sixtyfivedays

Neo Member
Kind of glad this season doesn't have much Brody (good guy, bad guy, good guy accused of being bad guy?). I think that could get really old so putting his arc on the backburner this season is the right move.

inm8num2

Kind of glad this season doesn't have much Brody (good guy, bad guy, good guy accused of being bad guy?). I think that could get really old so putting his arc on the backburner this season is the right move.

Let's just hope the Brody family arc was moved from the backburner to the incinerator.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I want to know if they're still paying Damian Lewis a per-episode fee.

Vashetti

Banned
Seems the lack of (Nick) Brody this season is the producers giving a subtle middle finger to Showtime who wouldn't let them kill him off.

Instead minimise his role as much as possible.

Wow. Just watched last week's ep, and this show is a million, billion, trillion, INFINITY times better when it just focuses on the core agency team with Carrie not being crazy, and no Brody family nonsense. Like, I'm sorry, but I get it; Brody turning ruined his family, okay, but those scenes are not entertaining. The fallout from that should've been resolved and the show should've moved past it a long time ago.

I wish Morena Baccarin was a case officer working with Da Team™ so i wouldn't feel so bad about wanting this stupid family plot off the show.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Of course, he's a regular, that's how that works.

I know this. It's just kinda ridiculous to pay so much to not use him.

It pains me personally to witness the kind of money spent by television productions that doesn't contribute to anything on the screen.

We'll see, maybe he plays a huge part in that supposed third act of the season.

Quidam

We'll see, maybe he plays a huge part in that supposed third act of the season.

Oh, he definitely will. I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility to say that Javadi knows where Brody is, given his connections in Caracas. I can see Quinn tracking him through the city for a couple of episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom