• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot3d

Banned
All Homeland does is make me want 24 to come back on the air, even in at its worst moments 24 was more engaging than Homeland. And, the worst we ever had to deal with in terms of "family drama" were those stupid Kim Bauer B-plots in the first two seasons. Afterwards the writers knew that 24 should be about Jack Bauer fucking shit up and not some dumb teenage girl wandering into trouble like an idiot.

I almost had a heart attack when I realized that Dana's boyfriend was Dexter's boyfriend.

Show entered some sort of inception-nightmare stage at that point, and I know I'm like two weeks late to that whole arc.

That senate guy is an idiot p, god damn he is terrible. Let Saul be Saul.

I feel like one of my problems with the show is how small and focused it is. It feels odd sometimes that the stake of America and everything is in the hands of Carrie, Saul and Quinn.

He's like Lindsay(Lindsey?) from Stargate. Authority Figure with Cartoon Incompetence Trope or some shit.

Frost_Ace

That senate guy is an idiot p, god damn he is terrible. Let Saul be Saul.

I feel like one of my problems with the show is how small and focused it is. It feels odd sometimes that the stake of America and everything is in the hands of Carrie, Saul and Quinn.
Yeah, I feel like this should have been more of an ensamble show after the first season :/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Last two episodes have been great. Write the entire Brody family off of the show and you've got a pretty entertaining CIA thriller, Showtime.

whole season has been great with the exception of the brody family. I think brody himself can actually still be interesting given the last couple eps. but he should get about as much screen time as he has been getting as well.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I also just don't understand the lack of any political role in Homeland such as The President. Saul is making decision on his own he is not allowed to make and seems to just shrug it off as if there are no consequences. He's just willy nilly decides to conduct all sorts of illegal operations within the US and goes "oh well I'm only here for ten more days, what can they do?" And, yet we are the ones that are supposed to be agreeing with him.

I don't even think the writers of the show know who the President is at this point. At the start of the show we see clips and hear speeches of various President's including Obama. Yet, if I remember correctly we learned in Season 1 that the President is some old white guy. But, in Season 2 if I remember correctly there was a newspaper with the front page showing the Obama/Romney race. So, just who the hell is the President?

I just wish Showtime would let go of Brody and let us have a show about the CIA tracking other terrorists than goddamn people Brody was connected to.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yep.

Also, the last three seasons of 24 are worse than anything Homeland has done so far.

Nah dude, it was bad granted, but it had Jack Bauer murdering shit which is a million times more appealing than the Carrie/Brody love story and the Dana CW teenage angst drama.

inm8num2

I almost had a heart attack when I realized that Dana's boyfriend was Dexter's boyfriend.

ibvi7dtZO4KbQ9.gif

jillytot

I just started watching this show not too long ago. I'm on season 3 now. It's had it's moments, i thought the whole 'psycho' thing was going to be some stupid distraction for an episode or 2, instead it just kept going, and now its back again.

I also don't like how this show doesn't really make me feel like the characters need to do some of the things they are doing. Instead they just kinda tell you. People just do things and i don't really understand their motivation. I feel like maybe even the writers don't know what the show is right now exactly. They want to hold onto all these characters, but why? But omg i am so sick of the crazy Carrie plot. Getting rid of that will make this show 1000x better.

Until then i am on the fence.

I was completely uninterested in starting this season, but i decided to give it a go a couple of days ago and now i'm hooked again. Saul's prominence this season has given the show a much needed shot in the arm and they've done a great job of scaling back the scope to an appropriate level. Admittedly, I have been skipping through each and every Dana scene, so that's been adding to my enjoyment. I don't envy any of you sticking through those scenes. >_>

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Carrie is so fucking stupid.

"I don't care if I fuck over my friends and country! I don't care if I render my several months' worth of hard work and mental anguish all for nothing! I MUST PROVE MY BABY DADDY'S INNOCENCE AT ALL COSTS!!!!"

oh my god

ugh

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Carrie is so fucking stupid.

"I don't care if I fuck over my friends and country! I don't care if I render my several months' worth of hard work and mental anguish all for nothing! I MUST PROVE MY BABY DADDY'S INNOCENCE AT ALL COSTS!!!!"

oh my god

ugh

I was so happy when Quinn took the shot.

Deku Tree

People saying that Carrie was acting "illogical" or the scene was "nonsensical" or whatever when Carrie got shot have IMO obviously never hung out with a pregnant woman. Pregnant ladies can get very hormonal, emotional, and overwhelmed about protecting their family...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
People saying that Carrie was acting "illogical" or the scene was "nonsensical" or whatever when Carrie got shot have IMO obviously never hung out with a pregnant woman. Pregnant ladies can get very hormonal, emotional, and overwhelmed about protecting their family...

The problem is that they always give Carrie an excuse for acting like a deranged lunatic: "She's bipolar!" "She's off her meds!" "She's on her meds!" "She's upset!" "She's in love!" "She's pregnant!" I mean, it would be nice if we could go for a stretch of episodes
the rest of the series
without Carrie turning into a dumbass in distress whenever things get real.

Also, Brody isn't Carrie's family. He's a terrorist.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yea that whole thing with Carrie wanting to keep the bomber alive was incredibly forced and dumb.

The show should have made it another debate over the merits of capturing and prosecuting a target compared to ensuring the continuation of an ongoing open-ended operation.

Instead it's either maintain the operation or allow Carrie to maybe learn something about Brody.

With Dar Adal and Quinn pretty much saying "your going to make all these people have watched this season for nothing if you fuck this up", I don't think I've ever wanted to see someone get taken out so bad. "I don't care! Proving Brody's innocence should be CIA top priority!" ugh... Quinn is such a boss tho.

inm8num2

It's one thing for Carrie to compromise the mission because clearing Brody's name is important to her. It's another thing for her to think anybody else would remotely care about that.

Brody admitted on tape, later broadcast to the world, that he was going to kill many top officials. He didn't follow through but nevertheless Carrie should know that there is no such thing as clearing his name at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom