• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

New episode tonight:

01-faint.gif

Fry

For all of the crying babes above:

Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello 3 min

Very strong episode of HOMELAND tonight, FYI. Easily best of the season.

Joni

For all of the crying babes above:

Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello 3 min

Very strong episode of HOMELAND tonight, FYI. Easily best of the season.

His co-worker on the other hand didn't place Homeland in the What to Watch feature his site has every week.

royalan

I'm not buying Saul's plan at all here. It doesn't make sense.

Wasn't it established that, after last season, pretty much any terrorist group with any sort of intelligence network knows that Brody is a traitor to both sides and can't be trusted?

Believing that he'll be able to get close enough to one of the biggest terrorist leaders on earth to kill him is stretching it, and pretty much asks us to forget all of last season.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm not buying Saul's plan at all here. It doesn't make sense.

Wasn't it established that, after last season, pretty much any terrorist group with any sort of intelligence network knows that Brody is a traitor to both sides and can't be trusted?

Believing that he'll be able to get close enough to one of the biggest terrorist leaders on earth to kill him is stretching it, and pretty much asks us to forget all of last season.

Their master plan.

royalan

But you're not innocent, Brody. You are a terrorist. Are the writers really expecting the audience to just forget that and hop aboard this "Brody's innocent!" train because he didn't commit that particular act of terrorism?

Ekdrm2d1

Fantastic episode. Loved the rehabilitation of Brody lead by those marines.

Looks like we're going to get some Strike Back type of action going on soon.

Carrie never disclosed the pregnancy :lol

Dana's ruthless. Bleh

LordCanti

That's....ugggggg....

What a stupid plan. What a ridiculous justification for Carrie even agreeing to let him try it. Letting Dana in on the big secret that he's working for the government is also the most idiotic thing she could have possibly let happen.

KingKong

That was by far the least satisfying conclusion to the Brody plotline they could have done. What the fuck was the point of the whole thing

The montage.. the dead partner hallucination... just ugh

inm8num2

Good episode. The Dana scene wasn't bad at all. I feel bad for the character. We bash her but in reality it's important to show the impact that Nicholas' decisions have had on his family. It's just the execution that was bad at times.

But yea, Nicholas will be dead by the end of this season.

royalan

From the AVClub review:

I was so amused by that scene where Brody is talking to Dana and he never once mentions Chris or anything like that, almost as if he’s forgotten he has another kid. And then when he’s in the car with Carrie, he says that something other than his daughter will be what brings him back, and he exchanges a meaningful glance with her. I almost wanted her to say, “Chris?” and then have him reply, “I don’t care for Chris.”

LOL - was thinking the same thing. Poor Chris. ;____;

Felt like they were writing Brody off the show in that final scene with the send off. Hopefully that means no more Brody family now. Also lol at him not giving a shit about his son and only caring about Dana.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The team of bearded marines is the best thing to ever happen to this show. I want them to be the lead characters in season 4.

The episode's plot didn't make any sense, but I still thought it was one of the better episodes this season. It seems like they're finally winding Brody's story down (hahahahahhaha yeah right) and that scene with Dana felt like it could have actually been her final scene in the series (hahahahahhaha yeah right). I think they have a chance to really get the show back on track next year if they could just ditch the entire Brody clan and make the Mansome Marine Team the lead characters. Why am I using spoiler tags.

Also, LOL @ Brody not giving a shit about Chris.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The only thing I give credit to this night's episode is the fact that they finally acknowledged that all those CIA operations being conducted on American soil was illegal, also the awesome bearded special ops guys. Nothing else made any sense.

I mean really Carrie you're gonna let Dana in on the secret and let Brody go in there alone? What if she tried to kill Brody? What if she calls the police? What if she calls her mom? Also, lol at Chris being the bastard child of the family and for Carrie not telling Brody about her pregnancy whilst also smoking cigarettes.

Anywho, at least next weeks episode looks action-packed so I can look forward to that.

LordCanti

?, the Onion review was a B- and the Sepinwall review said it was one of the best episodes this season.

They all acknowledge that the plot has gone rogue though, entertaining or not. It's so far gone into crazytown that I'm not sure it can be pulled back out.

LordCanti

Still think there is no way Brody makes it out of this alive. Same with that baby.

I like to think that the baby will live and that Carrie will change her last name to Brody in protest of Dana having changed hers. She'll also name the baby Chris, because Brody has secretly told her that's what he'd name a son if he had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom