• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Carrie flew right into Tehran. Really? Let's remember that this season opened with Iranian intelligence knowing everything about her. Unless all those files were somehow only in Javadi's hands, even before he had been turned, it's patently absurd that she could waltz into Iran.

She has a contact.

devilhawk

Carrie flew right into Tehran. Really? Let's remember that this season opened with Iranian intelligence knowing everything about her. Unless all those files were somehow only in Javadi's hands, even before he had been turned, it's patently absurd that she could waltz into Iran.

I'm guessing she didn't fly in with a US Passport that says Carrie Mathison, Employer: CIA.

inm8num2

LOL @ the people cheering for Brody in the street.

I hope episode 12 has Brody and Carrie escape Tehran and devote the majority of running time to them embarking on a globetrotting fuck fest.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Her contact took care of all of that.

But did her contact take care of her contact?

I think the name of the episode should be renamed to "White Girl in Tehran."

Oh and did anyone else LOL at Carrie and those Mossad guys speaking to each other via walkie fucking talkies? Like seriously, you don't think that looks a little suspicious to the dozens of IRGC agents a couple feet away? Most especially the dude using a walkie talkie on the balcony of the building directly across from the Head of Iranian Intelligence's compound, nope no one is gonna notice me up here, I don't look suspicious at all.

LordCanti

Poor Chris.... completely unremembered by his father. Everything about this plan was still idiotic and it only makes sense if Javadi (Jabadi? Whatever) did it by himself without telling anyone. Abu's widow and the general would have known that he wasn't the one who did it otherwise. You'd think the identity of who did it would have gotten around but...whatever.

I'll be glad when this is over. Hopefully they don't carry it through to the next season.

Moral of Homeland: never let Nicholas Brody into your office.

They should recruit Chris Brody; No one would notice him come in, and no one would notice him come out. He'd be the perfect hitman.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The idea that America is simply embarrassed that Iran is openly harboring someone admitting to killing 200 Americans, largely CIA agents, is absurd. The idea that Iran would do that is also rather ludicrous. This exists in a world where there is no politics or diplomacy or public outrage. Hell, the show itself started season 3 by telling us the president and the country were demanding blood for the Langley bombing. Now there's a man being harbored by Iran who's on TV flaunting his direct involvement in that bombing and all we hear is the president's kinda upset with Saul's incompetence. (Edit: Also, absolutely no representation with this episode of any concept that some in Iran might not be overjoyed about harboring a terrorist, like say the moderate movement in which Fara's uncle is a member.)
Yeah, these two things annoyed me too. Like the US wouldn't fucking declare war on Iran for openly harbouring the Langley bomber? Hah.

Am I the only one who thought it funny that Brody apparently remembered Carrie's phone number? xD

Not sure why the fuck Javadi would risk his ass now to get Brodie out. He knows there's no way the CIA is going to expose him now that his boss is dead and he's taking his position, which is where they need him to be. If anything, the most logical thing for him to do would be to order the execution of Brody, and that will diminish any doubt from Iranians that he was involved with Brodie in the plot. The US has no leverage over him anymore, they're not gonna do shit to compromise his position, it's not in their best interests to do so.

devilhawk

Not sure why the fuck Javadi would risk his ass now to get Brodie out. He knows there's no way the CIA is going to expose him now that his boss is dead and he's taking his position, which is where they need him to be. If anything, the most logical thing for him to do would be to order the execution of Brody, and that will diminish any doubt from Iranians that he was involved with Brodie in the plot. The US has no leverage over him anymore, they're not gonna do shit to compromise his position, it's not in their best interests to do so.

Outside of Carrie, the CIA has no use for Brody. They would be fine with Javadi cleaning up.

Javadi is still under Saul's thumb as the CIA can easily release proof of the embezzling still. I imagine people even higher up (the ayatollah) won't take news of that too kindly.

Dennis

Banned
Good episode. Still like the Marine episode last week better.

From the promo for finale:
I love that the writers are basically trolling the hypercritical critics and butthurt fans by having Brody acknowledge that he is an unkillable cockroach

kingkitty

Nice episode, except the scene where Carrie checks out her preggo body.

As for the season finale, hopefully Brody goes out with a bang.

Fry

Carrie has one hell of a mission in her hands. What if she calls Saul but he doesn't pick up? What if he picks up but he can't get the message through his men on the field? What if he gets the message but will let they kill him anyway?

There are many possibilities to play out in the finale. I'm soooooo excited. But I don't think Brody will die and GAF will be pissed lololol

ctothej

I don't feel like scrolling through all the comments. Not sure if people liked this episode, but for me, this was definitely the best Homeland has been since the beginning of the season. Hope they can keep the momentum through the season finale.

That seems like the only possible way out of the last episodes situation, but I didn't see where that is clearly spelled out in the preview.

You can tell by
the tone of the promo and the voice over. I really hope I'm wrong. I love Brody and the show is much much better with him in it as evidenced by the episodes where he has returned this season being faar superior to the earlier ones.

Meier

Yeah, I wish they'd have cut out all of Dana's shit and given Brody's storyline in Iran more time to breathe.

Budgetary reasons I'm sure. It can't be cheap to film wherever "Iran" has been filmed in (I assume some place like Morocco?) in comparison to shooting domestically. This season has been fantastic.. I'm so pumped for the finale.

I think Brody will be killed off. I don't think he can live anywhere going forward really. Iran gov't will want him and the US won't be able to confirm what he did so he'll still be an enemy of the US publicly. He's in a rough spot right now and I can't see a way out.

Budgetary reasons I'm sure. It can't be cheap to film wherever "Iran" has been filmed in (I assume some place like Morocco?) in comparison to shooting domestically. This season has been fantastic.. I'm so pumped for the finale.
Yes, they filmed those S3 scenes in Morocco. iirc, S1 & S2 they were in Israel, but they moved to Morocco because of the conflict in Syria.

Deku Tree

I think Brody will be killed off. I don't think he can live anywhere going forward really. Iran gov't will want him and the US won't be able to confirm what he did so he'll still be an enemy of the US publicly. He's in a rough spot right now and I can't see a way out.

Brody and Carrie escape to some far off tropical location and raise their baby in serene tranquility; somewhat like the place where you found Jason Bourne at the beginning of the second Bourne movie.

NeoGiff

You can tell by
the tone of the promo and the voice over. I really hope I'm wrong. I love Brody and the show is much much better with him in it as evidenced by the episodes where he has returned this season being faar superior to the earlier ones.

I wouldn't be so sure, he has recently proven that
he's able to survive IEDs unscathed. What's a bullet or two?

Like I said, if they figure out a way to keep Brody alive that is clever, I will actually be impressed. Also the past few reminded me how much I miss him when he is in the middle of things. Easily the most engaging thing on the show imo. Saul and Carrie do the CIA could be interesting, but I can't imagine it ever being as thrilling as when Brody gets himself somewhere really tight and scrapes out.

Imm0rt4l

Yeah, these two things annoyed me too. Like the US wouldn't fucking declare war on Iran for openly harbouring the Langley bomber? Hah.

Am I the only one who thought it funny that Brody apparently remembered Carrie's phone number? xD
Meh... Brody's training did require a lot of memory games. I dont think its terribly strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom