• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was meant to be funny, when her on top and being so much larger than him. Though I do like that they are setting her up to be a serious romantic interest. She didn't have a lot of screen time, but what little we saw of her lead me to believe she's an interesting character.

Anyways, I guess we'll see next sunday.

She's secretly the big bad of the season, calling it now.

BigDug13

The scene with the baby in the tub. Geez, there would have been zero redemption for her barely likable character at that point.

I'm glad the show's focus isn't on the Brody family anymore. Still has a lot of problems, but it is more enjoyable now than it was during season 2 which I felt was the low point.

Drifters

Dunno if it has been brought up bit I'm digging the non-intro of this season. So far, I'm liking it. Quinn has got to be in more of it tho, the guy is awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty good start to the season. I'm curious to see if they can maintain that quality throughout the rest of the seaso-did Carrie just try to drown her fucking baby?!? WHAT

from the research we’ve done, it’s not an uncommon thought for parents of newborns whose lives have been turned upside down to contemplate doing something terrible.

It...isn't?

So after two years of swearing up and down that they always planned to carry Brody's story through multiple seasons, and that there were never pressured by Showtime to have him live past S1, he finally cops to the opposite?

Yeah...

I missed this show. Though I got really nervous when Carrie pulled up in front of the (former) Brody residence. I want nothing to do with that family anymore.

I know, right?

"I loved him so much. When I close my eyes I still see him there."

STOP just fucking forget about Brody and his family already. Just move on Carrie, jeez.

I know it's old but, Stumbled across this tweet, cracked me up: https://twitter.com/JeremyMonjo/status/490287086595874816

lmao

I like how Quinn fought for the lady's honor.

He's such a gentleman.

Especially after she raped him the night before.

Dunno if it has been brought up bit I'm digging the non-intro of this season.

Me too. The other one was too steeped in Brody history and I'd rather they devote those seconds to the actual content of the episode anyway.

nilbog21

Banned
holy shit this show got real bad... that car scene ......... did they get a new director for this show LOL? that was some of the worst TV i've ever seen

Dysun

Episode was dragging in the first half until Peter Russo got whacked. This show needs more Saul/Quinn and less Carrie.

holy shit this show got real bad... that car scene ......... did they get a new director for this show LOL? that was some of the worst TV i've ever seen

I didn't think it was bad at all. Even if it was it wouldn't even make the list of awful things that aired on Sunday. You're talking about the night where both The Strain finale and the Mulaney pilot aired. Now that's bad television.

Dany

Banned
Episode was dragging in the first half until Peter Russo got whacked. This show needs more Saul/Quinn and less Carrie.

I knew there was gonna be a problem when Peter Russo addressed Quinn as Peter.

There is only room for one Peter.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Watching it right now. Being a Pakistani myself, small things like
Pakistanis speaking with Indian accents and hilariously over-the-top Urdu segments (things most normal Pakistanis won't even say in casual conversations)
Completely take me out of the show. :/ Happens with every movie/show I've seen.

Otherwise, I'm glad the Brody baggage and DANA are gone. Sucks that Brody himself isn't around anymore though. Was the best character on the show.

Omzz

Pakistanis speaking with Indian accents and hilariously over-the-top Urdu segments (things most normal Pakistanis won't even say in casual conversations)

im from pakistan myself and i thought the same thing. the conversations felt so awkward to watch at times.

Dany

Banned

Otherwise, I'm glad the Brody baggage and DANA are gone. Sucks that Brody himself isn't around anymore though. Was the best character on the show.

Interesting perspective.

What Urdu segment? The transition of language? I mismatch my spanish and english all the time when i am speaking to family.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wonder if the writers thought about that implication.

Probably not, though Sepinwall did mention that there are "some missteps with Quinn's storyline next week", so perhaps they'll touch on it then.

He didn't seem to regret it in the morning.

I don't know what show you watched, but the Quinn I saw seemed to be pretty enjoying himself.

Of course he enjoyed himself. Men always enjoy sex regardless of circumstance in TV/movies. (unless it's male on male rape)

Plus, it's also weird that the show portrayed the manager woman in such a positive light when the fact is she took advantage of a man who was so drunk that he could barely speak or walk.

jett

D-Member
Well, Carrie certainly is one obnoxious and unlikeable fucking character. I know I will not be able to endure a season of this, I guess that's it for me.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Didn't think it was bad. Was surprised Corey Stoll was out so soon. And that bathtub scene was pretty damn dark.

OK I saw the first two episodes and the show kind of sucks without Brody. The stuff with Quinn was enjoyable, but the Carrie stuff had me bored and looking at my phone. They killed off a great actor in the first episode that could have made the show interesting:/

mileS

Overall I liked the two episodes. As some have said they are clearly taking the time to set things up for the rest of the season (stupidly obvious statement yes) but in shows like this it takes time.

Anyways couple of random thoughts.
-It's okay to dislike Carrie, I don't understand the mindset of always having to root for/like the "main" characters
-Quinn continues to be awesome, Hope he has an even bigger role this season
-Saul and his Wife, god I was so put off by their first scene. I don't think I can take the "you're late"/"stop working long hours to be with me" shit that has been dragging on for just about every season so far. Just. ugh. Enough. Hopefully that's as much as we'll get this season.
-Lockhart scenes are always good. He plays that role so well. They hint at him being removed fairly early but even if he does I hope he continues to have screen time.
-Can never get enough Saul.

Overall I liked the two episodes. As some have said they are clearly taking the time to set things up for the rest of the season (stupidly obvious statement yes) but in shows like this it takes time.

Anyways couple of random thoughts.
-It's okay to dislike Carrie, I don't understand the mindset of always having to root for/like the "main" characters
-Quinn continues to be awesome, Hope he has an even bigger role this season
-Saul and his Wife, god I was so put off by their first scene. I don't think I can take the "you're late"/"stop working long hours to be with me" shit that has been dragging on for just about every season so far. Just. ugh. Enough. Hopefully that's as much as we'll get this season.
-Lockhart scenes are always good. He plays that role so well. They hint at him being removed fairly early but even if he does I hope he continues to have screen time.
-Can never get enough Saul.
All of this is true. Watched it last night and my thoughts mirror yours. The only thing I'll add is that while you can never get enough Saul, I could deal with never seeing him in another scene with his wife.

liquidtmd

Banned
Brody is alive

image.php

Blader

I thought the premiere was pretty solid actually, albeit a completely different show. I was actually shocked they brought in Corey Stoll just to kill him off in the first episode, so I guess that was effective stunt casting. I also enjoyed Quinn's beatdown of those pricks in the restaurant.

The worst thing about this show has always been the unbelievable Carrie/Brody romance and even after his death it continues to linger here. "I loved him so much...I still see him when I close my eyes." Just, what? Their relationship amounted to sporadic periods of fucking, that's all.

I disagree, I found her to be at her most empathic so far. Probably because it's so rare to see TV shows portray women who don't think being a mother is the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO THEM <3.

Not thinking being a mom is the greatest thing ever = drown the baby. Ok.

It...isn't?

lol, "the research we've done."

Related to above discussion, from one of Sepinwall & Feinberg's podcasts last week (Episode 3 spoilers)
They heavily imply that there's something romantic between Carrie and Quinn in 403, something neither of them were happy about to no one's surprise

pj

Banned
Boy did they fast track Quinn into being a likable main character.

So much hate for Carrie. I wonder why people "endured" Walter White, who's arguably a way worse person...

Maybe because one became a badass drug kingpin and the other cries a lot and almost drowned her baby?

WW was a worse person but Carrie is the worse character.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I don't get why people say they hate Carrie. Personally, I watch the show because of Carrie. Every scene with her is so unpredictable. You really have no idea if she's going to fuck someone, fuck someone over, fuck herself, fuck a country, fuck shit up, or
drown her own fucking baby

Dany

Banned
I don't get why people say they hate Carrie. Personally, I watch the show because of Carrie. Every scene with her is so unpredictable. You really have no idea if she's going to fuck someone, fuck someone over, fuck herself, fuck a country, fuck shit up, or
drown her own fucking baby

But when Carrie is on point, it is great TV.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hahaha

The worst thing about this show has always been the unbelievable Carrie/Brody romance and even after his death it continues to linger here. "I loved him so much...I still see him when I close my eyes." Just, what? Their relationship amounted to sporadic periods of fucking, that's all.
Yeah, that was kinda stupid. When she said she loved him, I said out loud, "....why, again?". Never found that relationship believable at all.

Not thinking being a mom is the greatest thing ever = drown the baby. Ok.
But she didn't drown the baby. Calm down.

I love Carrie's character. She's so flawed and human, and is brought to life by a fantastic actress.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom