• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Fara without her hijab
AU7Amsc.gif

I wasn't joking about the donut thing. I was thinking about that for like 3 minutes after he tossed it on the table.

Also this season has been good so far. Carrie can seduce me in a tight room any day.

Dany

Banned
tumblr_mesy31mqA31qkmebxo1_250.gif

I'm officually shipping them <3

Can't believe we have a fucking quinn loves carrie plot happening. Ugh.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
"Hi, I'm your new station chief. Let me begin by provoking some shit."
To be fair, they kind of deserved it. That guy who resents Carrie sounds like an incompetent fuckwit and an asshole to boot. I thought Carrie handled herself really well there.

It's a fucking failure on the writers' part, is what it is.

unbelievable
Can we at least wait to see where it's going before jumping to conclusions? I am hoping that it's the other characters being unreliable narrators, so to speak.

Then again, they did have the Carrie/Brody romance, which was incredibly forced and stupid. Honestly, I think it was worse than a Carrie/Quinn romance would be. But I'm still hoping they won't go there and it's a red herring.

Mononoke

Banned
To be fair, they kind of deserved it. That guy who resents Carrie sounds like an incompetent fuckwit and an asshole to boot. I thought Carrie handled herself really well there.

Can we at least wait to see where it's going before jumping to conclusions? I am hoping that it's the other characters being unreliable narrators, so to speak.

Then again, they did have the Carrie/Brody romance, which was incredibly forced and stupid. Honestly, I think it was worse than a Carrie/Quinn romance would be. But I'm still hoping they won't go there and it's a red herring.

Well I agree we should wait and see. But reagdlese that scene was bad. And even if Carrie and Quinn do have a romance and it's written really well, it was still a poor way to initiate the plot.

I very much hope it's a red herring too, but this is Homeland about which we're talking here; you can't really fault people for jumping to such conclusions.

I have to admit, every time you think "lol Carrie is such a twit how does she even work for the CIA" they give her a scene like the one in the bathroom. The contrast from how Fara fumbled it to how Carrie skillfully handled it was just really well done.

That being said, the question is really whether we the audience recognize how manipulative you have to be in these kinds of jobs. Saul is another example of what Carrie aspires to be, but we all know she's broken in a way that might not every let her get there.

Oh and throw me in the "please please please do not do a Quinn/Carrie love plot you fucking morons." It worked soooooo well the last time.

As much as that is maligned, I thought the actress playing Dana did quite a good job with what she was given, S3 especially.

Absolutely. That's why it was so hot and cold for me. I hated the side plot of her with Zack Hamilton (and let's not forget the awful hit-and-run of season 2), but the actress was really good. I still believe the show would have been overall better without it though.

Mononoke

Banned
As much as that is maligned, I thought the actress playing Dana did quite a good job with what she was given, S3 especially.

Sure, but I really hated the story lines. I felt bad for the actor. Such a waste of her talent. Because when she had really good scenes she would knock them out of the park. It's unfortunate so many people came to hate the charcter when it was really the plot that was poor.

liquidtmd

Banned
Absolutely. That's why it was so hot and cold for me. I hated the side plot of her with Zack Hamilton (and let's not forget the awful hit-and-run of season 2), but the actress was really good. I still believe the show would have been overall better without it though.

Oh lord, the Zack subplot. Id blanked that out of my mind. Her scenes with Brody were good at least.

I thought she actually outclassed the actor playing Brodys wife outside of Season 1

Saty

The main plot-line so far is pedestrian and then's the risk of them of slipping in a Quinn-Carrie romantic relationship through the back door. Not encouraging.

cameron

Isn't Carrie higher up in the CIA hierarchy than Sandy? So doesn't it make sense that Quinn would save Carrie over Sandy given the circumstances? I don't get how Adal and the CIA Psychiatrist would jump to Quinn being in love with Carrie.

Initially this all felt like it was meant to portray the CIA as not understanding what their field ops have to suffer through. But then the phone call at the end between Carrie and Quinn made the situation ambiguous for whatever reason. No more romances, please.

There seems to be enough material between Aayan's plot and Sandy's death being a setup to fill each episode; I wish they'd focus only on those.

Tugatrix

oh come on don't make Carrie and Quinn romanticly involved, they don't have that chemistry.

the main plot seem like a slow burner that can be good

Isn't Carrie higher up in the CIA hierarchy than Sandy? So doesn't it make sense that Quinn would save Carrie over Sandy given the circumstances? I don't get how Adal and the CIA Psychiatrist would jump to Quinn being in love with Carrie.

Initially this all felt like it was meant to portray the CIA as not understanding what their field ops have to suffer through. But then the phone call at the end between Carrie and Quinn made the situation ambiguous for whatever reason. No more romances, please.

There seems to be enough material between Aayan's plot and Sandy's death being a setup to fill each episode; I wish they'd focus only on those.
I thought Carrie and Sandy were at the same level on the hierarchy. They are/were both station chiefs, were they not?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

John's a bitter punk, yes. But I'm still thinking there's a smarter and more effective way to run a station than to walk in, hold a mass meeting, and ask people to openly speculate about an internal spying conspiracy. What a shock, that didn't go over so well.

"Remember that guy who spoke up about his suspicions and was transferred back to DC for a deadend filing job? Who would like to speak up first with their opinions on him while doing virtually the same thing that got him reassigned? Please, don't everyone jump up at once to make yourselves vulnerable to your peers and your new boss that hasn't even attempted to gain your trust yet. I swear you can trust me, please disregard all the rumors you surely heard about my involvement with public terrorist Nicholas Brody."

Carrie's once again acting in a tactless manner that disregards all political and operational sensitivities. We all know she has plot immunity, but it's frustrating when she repeatedly acts as if everyone she talks to gets the benefit of some kind of halo effect.

Carrie didn't accomplish anything with that 'frontal assault' on her new team. She received no intel and no insight about anything whatsoever, except that SURPRISE, no one's willing to talk in such an environment. Maybe she should try some tact and diplomacy next time.

Effnine

Pretty sure they had small little hints of a Quinn/Carrie thing in the past season(s) ... I can't remember it enough to pinpoint exactly what it was, but I do remember having the feeling that Quinn had something for Carrie and that it may lead to something ...

I didn't think it was out of left field at all that they would somehow end up together, it is odd, however, that everyone keeps pushing him toward it ... maybe the writers are just trying to make it blatantly obvious now ...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I thought the episode was good. I liked the parts with Carrie and Aayan, and also when Carrie left the embassy to meet up with Max and Fara. Quinn stuff didn't really do a lot for me. Was also good to have some more Saul.

anaron

Why is anyone surprised by Quinn and Carrie? That shit has been hinted at since season 2.

Now characters within the show pushing it? That's understandably and annoyingly forced.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This show is so much better without that annoying family.

Drifters

You people are high if you think the Quinn / Carrie subplot is going to ruin the season. It is an interesting tale as in everyone sees what they see. Quinn doesn't believe it at first but with everyone telling him what they see, it is simply another form of predictive programming of their field agents. Anyone who thinks it will have serious clout don't watch the series enough to know that it is vapor trails meant to throw us (the audience) off on a tangent while something else is going on behind the string pulling.

RS4-

Give me more Fara and Max, that is better than Quinn and Carrie.

I hope Carrie has zero romance stuff going on.

Blader

It's weird, the first half of the episode I was thinking how much I'm enjoying the Quinn subplot more so than anything else in this season. And then, as if it could hear my thoughts and respond to them in the moment, the episode shifts to Quinn loves Carrie just to make sure to kill my interest in that story.

The writers couldn't go more than two Brody-free hours before trying to shoehorn another romance into this show, wtf.

SpyGuy239

I still love the show and the main themes it explores but i also agree there is too much contrived shit and filler to attratct the viewers who like that kind of stuff, and that is fair I s'pose.

I wonder if the writers will eventually write out the bipolar and just leave it as being managed well with medication. If all the show was just about carrie and her spycraft...damn i'd kill to see a show like that!

I wonder if the writers will eventually write out the bipolar and just leave it as being managed well with medication. If all the show was just about carrie and her spycraft...damn i'd kill to see a show like that!

That happened beginning with season 2. Season 1 was the only one in which Carrie's bipolar condition was relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom