• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Unimpressive and unremarkable and somewhat predictable. Who thought that Carrie will actually stay in the US and not pull something to get back? They would need a strong plot to elevate the season for what atm looks like not unfamiliar storyline.

I would also guess the letter the girl left Quinn will make him fly there as well. He doesn't want to 'fight' for somebody, and if he already busted faces of US citizens i think he would prefer hurting bad guys.

UglyPony

What happened to Brody? Last time i saw this show he killed that guy in Iran(?) and needed an exit fast. Did i miss half of last season?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Interesting perspective.

What Urdu segment? The transition of language? I mismatch my spanish and english all the time when i am speaking to family.

The exchange between the Life of Pi kid and the woman when he's being treated is one example. It COMPLETELY and UTTERLY took me out of the show and made me shake my head.

Later, when he gets spoken to by the girl's parents was hilarious as well. It's the accents + translations. We Pakistanis do NOT speak like that. It was like Arabic people made to speak Urdu. Also, some of the things they were saying I am yet to hear Pakistanis say in conversations unless they're NOT Pakistanis.

I'm not saying everything has to be perfect. It's a TV show and I've come to expect less and less from a lot of them over the years, but it's very annoying when they don't get good researchers who are on top of their game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I hear ya. Now you know how we IT folks feel when we hear all that bullshit technobabble.... just makes me roll my eyes every time.

Yeah it's TV and fiction but sometimes it's just too hard not to see the bullshit, haha.

This series always reminds of how it should have just done 1 season and been remembered for being fantastic. 2, 3 and 4 so far have not yet managed to live up to the initial suspense.

The exchange between the Life of Pi kid and the woman when he's being treated is one example. It COMPLETELY and UTTERLY took me out of the show and made me shake my head.

Later, when he gets spoken to by the girl's parents was hilarious as well. It's the accents + translations. We Pakistanis do NOT speak like that. It was like Arabic people made to speak Urdu. Also, some of the things they were saying I am yet to hear Pakistanis say in conversations unless they're NOT Pakistanis.

I'm not saying everything has to be perfect. It's a TV show and I've come to expect less and less from a lot of them over the years, but it's very annoying when they don't get good researchers who are on top of their game.
If it's any consolation, I feel the exact same way whenever I hear "Chinese" being spoken on Arrow.

New episode tonight:
Shalwar Kameez

Fara fails to recruit a key asset, causing Carrie to intervene; although still muddled over what happened in Islamabad, Quinn focuses on a potential lead.

Episode 3 has been leaked 12 hours ahead of schedule just like last week's episodes.

Showtime sure do have a habit of leaking episodes from pretty much all their shows.

How can episodes leak like this ? Surely someone working at Showtime leaks it. I can't imagine someone hacking their servers and stealing it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a pretty good follow up to last week's premiere. I like that Carrie has a secret team consisting of Fara and Max working for her and I'm still interested to see where things go with Aayan.

I also thought that scene near the beginning where Carrie ducked her tails by handing kids money and sneaking into an alley was pretty exciting. More of that please!

It is a bit annoying/worrying that they're making Quinn secretly/subconsciously in love with Carrie, though. Given this show's track record, I'm not expecting anything good to come of it.

kirblar

I feel like they're teasing in that direction, but it's not what's actually going on. (His actions in the car? Totally justified.) He just doesn't know another life other than to keep doing what he's been doing.

Thought it was a good episode, too. Nice to see Fara return (looking and sounding completely different, too). But I really hope they aren't going where I think they're going with the Carrie and Quinn stuff. Why is it even a thing all of a sudden? There's never been even the slightest romantic feeling between them before, right? It wouldn't make any sense.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"Hi, I'm your new station chief. Let me begin by provoking some shit."

Do you guys think Quinn ever ate that donut that his boss gave him? I wonder about these things. Did he eat it angrily. Or did he enjoy it passionately. Or could he not stomach the sight of it due to his anger.

Thought it was a good episode, too. Nice to see Fara return (looking and sounding completely different, too). But I really hope they aren't going where I think they're going with the Carrie and Quinn stuff. Why is it even a thing all of a sudden? There's never been even the slightest romantic feeling between them before, right? It wouldn't make any sense.

Nothing in Homeland makes any sense. Carrie is the most unprofessional person on this entire planet.

demolitio

Nothing in Homeland makes any sense. Carrie is the most unprofessional person on this entire planet.

Pretty much. It has its moments but you have to overlook a lot of bad things to enjoy them which I try to do. The fact that she's in that position in the CIA is crazy enough in my opinion.

It's refreshing to see a show address the relationship with Pakistan though despite probably blowing it in the end. I keep telling myself to get over the Indian accents being passed as Pakistani as well.

frontovik

Banned
I initially thought the premise of the show was interesting, but I couldn't even finish Season 1 as the characters are so boring.

This show's plotlines are comically unrealistic at this point, but somehow I find myself enjoying watching it. It's at least bearable now that the Brody shit is over (glad they didn't do anything more with her kid), but if they try and make Quinn and Carrie the next thing I will not watch a single episode more.

This show's plotlines are comically unrealistic at this point, but somehow I find myself enjoying watching it. It's at least bearable now that the Brody shit is over (glad they didn't do anything more with her kid), but if they try and make Quinn and Carrie the next thing I will not watch a single episode more.

Its like a horrible car accident. You just cannot force yourself to not watch it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Specifically, there is everyone at the CIA trying to drum it into Peter Quinn's thick skull that many of his problems are the result of him being madly in love with Carrie. Quinn keeps insisting, rightly, that this is ridiculous, but the number of people telling him otherwise — and the way that he reluctantly agrees to join Carrie in Islamabad, even though he is well aware of how deep his PTSD runs — make clear that the "Homeland" writers do not agree with him, and that we are heading for some kind of dysfunctional love story between Carrie and Quinn.

This is a reminder that so many of the series' missteps have come as a result of the creative team prioritizing the Carrie/Brody "romance" above all else. The Quinn talk here makes me think that the writers now think that love is such a fundamental ingredient to the show that they have to manufacture it out of thin air between their leading lady and the only age-appropriate male left in the cast.

This is what I fear too. And the writers certainly haven't earned the benefit of my doubt.

liquidtmd

Banned
I've just finished episode 1 and to be honest, it was a slog. There was just no hook.

I love the slow burn. I enjoyed Series 1. Series 2 was good. I got enjoyment out of S3 even but...I appreciated the episode. It was well shot and felt like a 'grown up' drama in that it wasn't ADD shooty bang bang. I will persevere with episode 2 but after liking the idea of Homeland for years now, if something doesn't click next time I think I'm done. Despite his peak being in Series 1 as a character, Brody/Lewis was damn watchable and he put in some good work for S2 and S3.

They did right by killing him off but as a show, I don't think I can see it through.

Mononoke

Banned
This is what I fear too. And the writers certainly haven't earned the benefit of my doubt.

Sepinwall is spot on here. This is the only scene I felt was cringe. Just felt too on the nose and it didn't sit well with me. But im digging this season so far. As someone that hasn't liked the show since Season 1, I'm hooked again. I just hope the season comes together and doesn't fall off the rails.

Omzz

there really is no foundation of this quinn and carrie shit. if the writers really decided to go there for the sake of having a love element in this show, it would be the worst thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom