• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Honey Bees in US facing extinction; Mankind to follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Osietra said:
I heard that it's Israels fault.

How did this one slip in? :D

Avatar and this quote sums it all up well. I look forward to what little posts you may have left on the board.

5vyybn.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Osietra said:
Don't be stupid. Scientific American wrote an article about this last year.

Israel acute paralysis virus doesn't really have anything to do with Israel itself. It's like saying that the swine flu is Mexico's fault.

Umm, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Einstein was referring to all pollinating bees and not just EUROPEAN Honey Bees in the Americas. There is a plethora of pollinating insects native to North and South America, that were doing a fine job before we decided we needed more efficient honey producers.

Osietra

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Israel acute paralysis virus doesn't really have anything to do with Israel itself. It's like saying that the swine flu is Mexico's fault.
Cool so you can use google. I also guess that you know how to spell facetious.

GSG Flash

Osietra said:
Cool so you can use google. I also guess that you know how to spell facetious.

Even if you weren't being serious, your first post was quite possibly the most moronic post in this thread, followed closely by the one I'm quoting.

Osietra

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Even if you weren't being serious, your first post was quite possibly the most moronic post in this thread, followed closely by the one I'm quoting.
Oh man. Like a bee sting I'm stung, luckily I am immune to small pricks.

GSG Flash

Osietra said:

What kind of reaction were you expecting, exactly, from your post? Your tag says junior, but you've been here for almost a year, yet you still post like a moron junior.

Poyunch

Osietra said:
You're pushing it. Mods aren't going to show compassion if you act like that. It doesn't matter anyway since you are a junior.

starmud

There used to be a lot of honey bees around here up until about four years ago when more africanized bees began taking over the population. Since then they've been on a crusade around here to kill/remove most of the african bees.

This spring though i've noticed many more honey bees coming back after all the rain we had this year. Some beehives have even popped up around the community. Including in the backyard of a foreclosure next door (which supposedly my neighbor on the other side had a bee keeper check to see if it was a african colony). :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom