• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Delisted

GHG

Steam key prices are about to go brrrr.

Same thing on steam, theyve made it so that you can only purchase the remastered bundle:

I tried to warn all of you.

tenor.gif

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Yeah, because of the remaster. I imagine they will delist the original version on Steam at some point.

Steam key prices are about to go brrrr.

Same thing on steam, theyve made it so that you can only purchase the remastered bundle:

I tried to warn all of you.

tenor.gif

Would you recommend I buy $1500 worth of keys to resell at a later date? I got the cash but my only concern is if the new SKU also gives you the old version, nobody would be retarded enough to buy my retarded stock.

Astray

Would you recommend I buy $1500 worth of keys to resell at a later date? I got the cash but my only concern is if the new SKU also gives you the old version, nobody would be retarded enough to buy my retarded stock.
You will face competition from a lot of Russian scammers on G2A who are gonna buy their stock at $0.

With that said, your odds may turn out to be better than I think.

Aren't they charging $10 to upgrade?
They are.

GHG

I personally wouldn't recommend it because there's every possibility they might eventually flood the market with remastered edition keys. The reason HZD is the cheapest Sony 1st party title to purchase from 3rd party key shops is because they flooded the market with keys, so there is history as far as this franchise goes. There will be a price spike during the transition period, but who knows how long it will be sustained.

The only time it makes sense to purchase keys in bulk like that is when you know a game is being completely delisted and you can catch the prices before they spike.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

I personally wouldn't recommend it because there's every possibility they might eventually flood the market with remastered edition keys. The reason HZD is the cheapest Sony 1st party title to purchase from 3rd party key shops is because they flooded the market with keys, so there is history as far as this franchise goes. There will be a price spike during the transition period, but who knows how long it will be sustained.

The only time it makes sense to purchase keys in bulk like that is when you know a game is being completely delisted and you can catch the prices before they spike.

Thanks. I also see it still includes the original as a bundle. I got lucky in the past with Metro Last Light and Dark Souls PTD keys, but I don’t think this is one of those instances.

Reactions: GHG

Rivdoric

Happy to be able to get back to Horizon how it was and should have been pursued, though i do not really understand why a remaster.

Forbidden West patriarchy immortal stupidity was unbearable. Interesting characters like Avad or Sylens were completely left out in favour of you-know-what.

The new DualSense support will probably be the only (very good) feature i'll care for.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Happy to be able to get back to Horizon how it was and should have been pursued, though i do not really understand why a remaster.

Forbidden West patriarchy immortal stupidity was unbearable. Interesting characters like Avad or Sylens were completely left out in favour of you-know-what.

The new DualSense support will probably be the only (very good) feature i'll care for.
I keep thinking the re-master is unnecessary but then I realize that the game is just two years short of being 10 years old. I can't believe how fast time is flying as I get older.

GHG

This is not showing up for me. is it because I just bought the game and this is for everyone who bought it long time ago ?

No idea. They might have changed what redeeming a key after they made the changes makes you eligible for which would be super scummy.

Either that or it might take a little while to show up for you on Steam.

Power Pro

Really shitty to do this when a "remaster" is kinda divisive like this. There's no reason they couldn't keep both up, except they probably don't want to keep a cheaper option up there. Greed, pure and simple. They know most people would be probably happy with the original, so they remove the option.

RagnarokIV

Yea i quickly picked up a steam key from the topboys over at CDkeys last week, about £7, had a feeling right away they would get rid of the original.
Them top boys proper naughty giving us deals like that. If I ever bump into them I'd have to shake their hand. Far cry from those cunts at gaystation, I bump into them I'd stick the fucken head in them.

//DEVIL//

if you guys were looking to get the remastered edition. you are better off buying one of these sites ( i trust instant-gaming ) been dealing with them for years. and then you upgrade for dirt cheap. at least u have the option not to upgrade if you dont want to.

probably you are better doing this now before these listing disappear ( just like with any delisted game )

Top Bottom