• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exquisik

Okay, so there ARE more? Thank goodness! Thanks man!

There should be a total of 12 vantage points. If you're at
Meridian, you can purchase a map for the locations of the vantage points at any of the merchant under "Special Items".
Also, the hologram does not show up directly at the hexagon focus trigger, you will need to turn on your focus and rotate around till you see the hologram.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here's a nitpick but it was very jarring

I apreciate that they include extra dialogue and whatnot if you have done more sidequests, that part is great, but sometimes the execution is...off. Case in point:

when you are
stuck in the cage in the gladiator main quest and the dude is rambling on, he will also mention you saving the kid king and his mother, but those bits look like they were spliced in from another game, the voice quality is off, the video has different lighting, there is a noticiable cut from his normal dialogue to that specific one, and then back to the normal script.
It was very jarring, which is a shame because the idea itself is great.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Spoiler tagged pic doesn't work on mobile - can you please edit.. I managed to not look at it directly but others might stumble upon it

120v

just now realized half my 'resources' are junk with the sole intention of being sold. derp. lack of inventory space has been hampering my progress for a week.

i hate it when games do this though. just give me money not "gift certificates"

Putty

75% now...15 main missions down...Zeta cauldron bagged...proper enjoying the main quest line now i've done everything else...loving where the story s heading...

Game of the generation...

Neonep

I'm about 52 hours in. The only trophies I need are the hunting grounds, hunting lounge, and what I'm assuming are a few sidequests.

Any tips for shooting the canisters off the backs of the grazers in 1:30?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, so there ARE more? Thank goodness! Thanks man!
Yeah, the Vantages all tell a loose story if you listen to them all.

Story spoilers, heads up. Was gonna go to the spoiler thread but haven't finished the game yet, so didn't want to hear about anything further along than I am, untagged.

To those who have finished the game.

Anyone else kinda bummed out by the
seemingly massive amount of exposition dumping
in this game? I've just
found out what Project Zero Dawn really is and am currently making my way through its facility, learning about GAIA. The premise itself is really cool, but the way they're just laying it all out there MGS4 style along with human enemy encounters (my least favorite part of the game) peppered in there for good measure is really killing my vibe. Also doesn't help that there's like 20 bajillion text / audio logs in every room, too.
I'm still loving the game overall and have about 35 hours clocked, but this most recent part has had the wind in my sails die down a little.
I don't mind them too much, at least not the holograms. It's the two people conversation wheel dialogs that are just tedious to sit through because they just look really boring. You notice how even when there are three people in the conversation, they typically can only show two people talking. lol

dominuece

Just finished it and got the platinum, only my second platinum trophy. One of my favorite games in recent memories, and that's amazing because it came out of nowhere for me. I had no faith that GG could pull it off. I love being wrong.

I might breakdown what I thought about the different parts of the game, but I'm gonna let it sink in first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i unlocked the skill to use 2 arrows but i don't know how to get it to work. aloy is still only firing 1 arrow.
Aim your weapon
Press R1
Shoot

Exquisik

i unlocked the skill to use 2 arrows but i don't know how to get it to work. aloy is still only firing 1 arrow.

You have to aim with L2 and then press R1 to load the second arrow. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, multiple arrows + fire arrows can take down a glinthawk easily.

Edit: Damnnit, Yoshichan beats me to it...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do the main quest lines merge at some point? I'd ignored the one fairly early on where you head north to makers watch (somethign like that) but I just did it yesterday and...now I wish I'd done that when it came up. At the same time there is another main quest line where I have to head back to Meridian for...things. Just wondering if/when they merge and whether its better to keep on that first track and leave the Meridian one for a while (it was a higher level so does that mean its later in the story?)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to aim with L2 and then press R1 to load the second arrow. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, multiple arrows + fire arrows can take down a glinthawk easily.

get your fire mods nicely arranged and a 3-slot bow and glinthawks go down in one shot (well on fire and fall to the ground anyway). I still hate them. Had an encounter on top of a tiny rock column last night where they happily pushed me off to my (almost) death.

Paganmoon

Games with shitloads of text entries really need to have those entries readable outside of game. Like a website or something where you login and read your unlocked entries.

do the main quest lines merge at some point? I'd ignored the one fairly early on where you head north to makers watch (somethign like that) but I just did it yesterday and...now I wish I'd done that when it came up. At the same time there is another main quest line where I have to head back to Meridian for...things. Just wondering if/when they merge and whether its better to keep on that first track and leave the Meridian one for a while (it was a higher level so does that mean its later in the story?)
The different main quest lines don't really merge. The quests where you are to investigate the machines corruption is the "real" main quest. Everything else is "side" main quest. I'd always do those first.

SlickVic

Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but was surprised at the end of the 'Cause for Concern' quest
if you choose not to fight Nil the quest doesn't give you any XP for completing it. Reloaded the save to confirm. Doesn't really matter, I had no intention of killing Nil, just first time I'm running into a quest that didn't give XP after finishing it.

I spent all day overriding Thunderjaws and pitting them against a herd of hostile machines. I even waited 30 minutes for a Behemoth convoy to pass by and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

And then I overwrote a Stormbird. Makes the Thunderjaw look like a bitch.

I spent all day overriding Thunderjaws and pitting them against a herd of hostile machines. I even waited 30 minutes for a Behemoth convoy to pass by and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

And then I overwrote a Stormbird. Makes the Thunderjaw look like a bitch.

haha i spent over one hour hiding on a rock yesterday. Just Corrupting Behemoths, longlegs and snapjaws they had an all out brawl. Think a few watchers might have gotten in the way aswell. I love this game.

danowat

Banned
It's really clicking now, nearly 20hrs in.

Now if I had have reviewed it based on my time with it at 10hrs, it would have been probably been a 7, but now I've gotten my head around how it works, it's a 9.

Weird how it's taken 20hrs to get into it, I would have normally given up by now, but I knew it had something, but just took me a while to get my head around the various systems.

Skux

With the mixed reception to ME Andromeda this is shaping up to be my GotY. There'll need to be something truly special to dethrone this.

robotrock

Banned

Now if I had have reviewed it based on my time with it at 10hrs, it would have been probably been a 7, but now I've gotten my head around how it works, it's a 9.

Weird how it's taken 20hrs to get into it, I would have normally given up by now, but I knew it had something, but just took me a while to get my head around the various systems.

Yeah I really hated my time with it for the first half but then started to get it. Would definitely play again with new game + mode and play the first half of it properly

zulux21

Yeah I really hated my time with it for the first half but then started to get it. Would definitely play again with new game + mode and play the first half of it properly

for me it was the story. the first half was good but the second half was really really good with the story.

Nah, burn them, ropecast and throw a bomb for overkill.

This was exactly it with me. Seemed to take forever to click and then it just did. And I loved it from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom