• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennipeg

I'm only halfway through the main campaign but 30 hours total.
But mother earth and the belief system of the Nora people focuses heavily on Mothers. Mother Earth is huge for them and they almost name everything mother peak, mother square, mother blah, etc... So if someone doesn't have a mother I can see how they'd be against that considering how fanatical some of them are.

Its a really interesting concept, and it makes me connect with Aloy right from the start. I'm really impressed with the story so far.

Dammit, y'all's effusive praise has infected me. Taking the plunge, time to fire up the old OG ps4 that can't even take disks anymore cause it just random starts going on an ejecting frenzy for 5 minutes at a time... thus digital for me

How's the health system? Is it as annoying as bloodborne, for instance (assuming you thought bloodbornes was annoying)

You pick up herbs that fill up a bar that can be used to fill your health, you can also craft potions to give you health. Doesn't feel like Bloodborne, but you do need to make sure you have herbs.

aravuus

Unlocks in an hour. Now the question is, do I stay up and play for an hour or two before going to bed and continue in the morning, or just go to sleep soon and start in the morning?

No obligations tomorrow, but I gotta be up at 6am on Thursday, and if I stay up all night now, I don't know if I'm ever gonna fall asleep the next night...

Damn midnight releases lol

Unlocks in an hour. Now the question is, do I stay up and play for an hour or two before going to bed and continue in the morning, or just go to sleep soon and start in the morning?

No obligations tomorrow, but I gotta be up at 6am on Thursday, and if I stay up all night now, I don't know if I'm ever gonna fall asleep the next night...

Damn midnight releases lol

Same situation here. I'll play one hour to start the story and enjoy the beauty of the game than go to sleep. After waking up and having a breakfast I'll start playing again

Kalentan

Really loving the game thus far. Wish the collectors dynamic theme was better. Hardly dynamic and looks way to simple. Music is good though.

Playsage

So. I ended up spending my whole day on this beauty and.... Mother's bless, it's so good.

Got to say, though, the change of
tone from tropish young adult trial to Mass Effect's premise
cracked me up

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Amazing game, was up way too late playing last night. Only complaint so far is the FOV. Pushing the edge of acceptably for comfort.

The Ummah

Banned
First time ordering from Best Buy that I didn't receive a game in a box, and the case is in bad shape. Luckily the game is fine, but both sides of the case just shattered as I opened it. It doesn't even close lol

Dany

Banned
I want to be able to compare current armor/weapons with armor/weapons in the store.

I also want to be able to set up mini-quests that display in-game showing what I need to upgrade my resource pouch or quiver pouch. I always forget.

aravuus

Same situation here. I'll play one hour to start the story and enjoy the beauty of the game than go to sleep. After waking up and having a breakfast I'll start playing again

Thinking of going the same route. I'll be staying up till midnight anyway, working on my thesis so whatever.

I'll just play tired tomorrow and work tired on Thursday if it comes to that lol.

G-Bus

Banned
Having a lot of fun with this game.

Beat my first Cauldron. Pretty hard (awesome!) given I was twice the recommended level. Not sure how I would have managed any lower.

Really like the variety in enemies so far and I've only seen 9 I think. Know of 2 or 3 more from some of the trailers. Remember reading something like 26. Pretty damn cool. Excited to see what else is out there.

Anyone else not liking the camera? I don't know if I've been spoiled with lock-on in games or its just not done well in this. Really noticed it when fighting the boss at the end of the Cauldron. Can deal with it but its a pain at times. Think thats my only gripe so far.

Been playing all morning and I'm hooked. Pretty rare for games to do that to me these days.

wbEMX

Hoooooly fuck, this game looks amazing on base PS4. Fuck UC4's graphics, THIS is the real deal. Amazing job, Guerilla!
C5x6O3zWUAEjkjq.jpg

shiba5

My husband usually doesn't take an interest in any of my console games, but he came in while I was riding around on a Tallneck and sat down to watch.
Then he goes, "PS4 only?"

Damn platform beggar.

BeeDog

I have one question that I hope a kind soul can answer without too many spoilers:

Does the game contain mission maps outside of the regular world map boundaries? I'm thinking more like certain Far Cry/GTA/InFamous/etc. main missions where you travel to one-off locations for story/quest purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm so proud of GG for coming in swinging so hard...

It's like people forget they have been the graphical playmakers - unmatched in wow factor - for YEARS now.

And finally they have a chance to model something other than space nazis, skyscrapers and assault rifles. fuckin SQUEEEEEEE

Why oh god why does work have to drag ... on ... foooorrreeeeeevvvver....

I have one question that I hope a kind soul can answer without too many spoilers:

Does the game contain mission maps outside of the regular world map boundaries? I'm thinking more like certain Far Cry/GTA/InFamous/etc. main missions where you travel to one-off locations for story/quest purposes.

Thanks in advance.

yes.

Thanks in advance.

No truly one-off locations. You can go back anywhere the main story takes you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom