• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami PS3/Vita |OT|

Staal

Finished it yesterday, absolutely loved it on the Vita. The instant restart is a joy, you can so easily try again (and again, and again etc.). Absolutely brilliant soundtrack.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
sure it does, just remember to throw the drill at guys too or bait them to you one at a time if theres too big of a distance.

That dance hall room, man. No. Just... no. There's no way to time bonus and combo that with the shotguns coming out from all sides.

TheSeks

Ugh. 69,000 isn't enough for Push It. I'm gonna have to go harder and faster with the drill and hope for the best it seems. D: That stupid disco room is what screws me over with seven guns having to drill them quickly.

Astarte

Newb question. One of the masks (forgot the name) says 'allows you to see secrets" how exactly does this work?

The owl? It will outline letters in purple. Like so. Letters are used to obtain the true ending of the game, there is one letter for every chapter up until 15.

L-t-ch1.png

Yeah, I was looking at that before. It appears to be an 'O'? If not, I give up :p Maybe it's easier to make out on the Vita screen. Using the 'Owl mask is the only way to obtain the letters?

Astarte

Yeah, I was looking at that before. It appears to be an 'O'? If not, I give up :p Maybe it's easier to make out on the Vita screen. Using the 'Owl mask is the only way to obtain the letters?

It's not an O. Think "back of scrabble piece", it's just a blank square. The owl isn't the only way, but it makes it WAY easier without you right clicking everything like a madman.

It's not an O. Think "back of scrabble piece", it's just a blank square. The owl isn't the only way, but it makes it WAY easier without you right clicking everything like a madman.

yeah they move and glow a little too with the Owl mask. You can just spot them easier with the mask. Same goes for all masks that you can find in levels.

Dingotech

PS3 patch is out as well.

I'm playing now and Pitcher finally unlocked for me, now trying to get always on top.

Then I still need dogs, windows and get to car to work.

TheSeks

I abuse the hell out of execution invulnerability, it's great seeing bullets pass me by while I rack up a huge combo

Yeah, but how do you trigger it? It seems like it's impossible to get.

BHK3

Banned
PS3 patch is out as well.

I'm playing now and Pitcher finally unlocked for me, now trying to get always on top.

Then I still need dogs, windows and get to car to work.

Had a feeling this would happen, always on top still isn't unlocking.

Mafro

I though it was still bugged, but I must have missed a weapon from the list and went back to it again. I didn't have much to do for the kill 99 dogs and destroy 200 windows trophies either and that's me got the platinum trophy now, my first one.

Astarte

Yeah, but how do you trigger it? It seems like it's impossible to get.

Knock someone on the ground and get on top of them. I'm not sure if it's the act of you beating the shit out of them or what, but during those frames you are invulnerable to gun fire. Melee weapons will still kick the shit out of you.

Dingotech

Just popped for me finally.
I had to do every single on top execution again for it to pop.
I originally forgot to re-do the Drill, and Baton.

Once I did those two it unlocked.

EDIT - DING PLAT! :D

TheSeks

Knock someone on the ground and get on top of them. I'm not sure if it's the act of you beating the shit out of them or what, but during those frames you are invulnerable to gun fire. Melee weapons will still kick the shit out of you.

I'm trying that on melee enemies and standing or in the act of execution has them still tagging me with shotgun bullets. It's annoying as hell since Chapter 10 has a bunch of gunfire enemies and if I'm drilling for extra points it's impossible to not have them firing on me as I'm trying to combo/execute.

BHK3

Banned
Just popped for me finally.
I had to do every single on top execution again for it to pop.
I originally forgot to re-do the Drill, and Baton.

Once I did those two it unlocked.

EDIT - DING PLAT! :D

I though it was still bugged, but I must have missed a weapon from the list and went back to it again. I didn't have much to do for the kill 99 dogs and destroy 200 windows trophies either and that's me got the platinum trophy now, my first one.

went through the list THREE TIMES, finally popped...on the fucking bat..buggy junk

Whats a good level for dog lover?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What stage has the most dogs? Chapter 5 has 2 dogs and is, AFAIK, the quickest stage to complete.

BadHand

The patch keeps corrupting my entire hotline miami game causing me to delete and re-download everything... I've redownloaded 3 times but it keeps happening. Is this just me?

I download and install game no prob, load it up and it prompts me for 1.01. DL and begin to install... at about 25%, fails and corrupts everything. sigh.

I like to think that you are crouching down during the execution, so the bullets just whizz over your head.

What stage has the most dogs? Chapter 5 has 2 dogs and is, AFAIK, the quickest stage to complete.

You don't have to finish the stage to get the room and window trophies. I did Vengeance and on the 2nd floor are two dogs to the right. Kill them with Tony mask or something, die and repeat for about 2 min. Done.

As for the windows you can start the chapter Deadline (#11) and destroy the first 9-10 windows at the entrance, die and restart a couple times to get that.

Top Bottom