• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You clearly haven't been paying attention to the last century and a half of US politics.

Or Brexit.
The US was founded on the premise of freedom from tyrannical government while keeping the institution of slavery around. The hypocrisy behind this country is there from birth.

Vixdean

The only thing "partisan" about Obamacare was the actual vote itself. The actual legislative process was as open and bipartisan as any bill ever enacted into law. It's not the Democrats fault that Republicans decided not to vote for a bill they actually wrote parts of.

Tahnit

Banned
fucking split the USA. Republic and Democratic. Fucking split it up. They want their shit they can have it. They want little government control they can have it.

Im so fucking sick of this shit. I want republicans gone from my USA>

Zyae

NATE SILVER 12:20 AM
It seems to me that all the conservative critiques of “skinny repeal” — here’s another, from the Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein — are going to make it hard for the bill to be very popular at all with the public, even though some of its components (e.g., the individual mandate repeal) are seemingly popular. If people ranging from Sean Hannity to Bernie Sanders are opposed to “skinny repeal,” the average member of the public is going to hear 10 critiques for every defense of it, and it probably isn’t going to poll well.

Hm

I'd rather the Dems try until the last second, who knows maybe someone's heart will grow three sizes today.

Indeed. And even if they don't, which we know they won't since none of these republicans have hearts, at least you fucking stood up and said willfully shitting humanity down the crapper is fucking not okay.

Shauni

fucking split the USA. Republic and Democratic. Fucking split it up. They want their shit they can have it. They want little government control they can have it.

Im so fucking sick of this shit. I want republicans gone from my USA>

It's a nice dream, but it's impossible for a lot of reason, mainly economically. But even if there was some kind of compromise there, there's a lot of blue cities in deep red states. Houston in Texas, Nashville in TN, etc. Those places would become hells on Earth in a split of South and North. Even with some kind of immigration programs between the two, there's no way everyone would get out.

Jeels

It's a nice dream, but it's impossible for a lot of reason, mainly economically. But even if there was some kind of compromise there, there's a lot of blue cities in deep red states. Houston in Texas, Nashville in TN, etc. Those people would become hell on Earths in a split of South and North. Even with some kind of immigration programs between the two, there's no way everyone would get out.

Pakistan and India did it. I know my family would get the fuck out of Texas if that happened.

Xe4

Banned
If you listen, all D's are (Aye) and all R's are (Nay), so this is a vote to send to committee which will undoubtedly fail.

Shauni

Pakistan and India did it. I know my family would get the fuck out of Texas if that happened.

Not everyone would be able to get out, though, probably the majority of people wouldn't. And it would make a lot of the smaller blue states near unbearably crowded as well.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
It's a nice dream, but it's impossible for a lot of reason, mainly economically. But even if there was some kind of compromise there, there's a lot of blue cities in deep red states. Houston in Texas, Nashville in TN, etc. Those places would become hells on Earth in a split of South and North. Even with some kind of immigration programs between the two, there's no way everyone would get out.

Houston? I'm in a 75% blue city in Texas.

Every major Texas City is blue as fuck and 80% of the economy.

Top Bottom