• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

DFyuSoBXgAASRM_

Shauni

I thought the planned parenthood defunding might be a violation and therefore need 60?
edit.- nvm I see from above.

Yeah, that was the biggest issue, but they apparently worked around it quite a bit to make it work. PP still takes a hit, but not nearly as substantial

sphagnum

Banned
No Dem is touching healthcare for the foreseeable future.

Clinton care and Obamacare landed the two largest R pickups in the nation's history.

We won't get this back.

No, the rage this will cause will lead to public option or Medicare for All.

If we get Dems in Congress next year, can we reverse this damage?

Not a chance. We would have to do 2008 all over again; i.e. flip both houses and get the POTUS. Even then you think democrats are ever going to touch this shit again. They got fucked for it for what exactly? To have healthcare for five+ years.

Clinton care and Obamacare landed the two largest R pickups in the nation's history.

We won't get this back.

I live like you, with four people I feed. If I can't take care of them, I have to bail from this continent. My self employment and ability to remain so hinges on this.

Maxim726X

We won't get this back.

Couldn't disagree more.

This will be the attack point for the party and if they do get back into party, will at least try to get single payer through.

HylianTom

Banned
I think the most efffective way for Blue America to wage war against Red America would be a general pullback in personal spending. Even the mildest of recessions freaks voters, stock watchers, corporations, etc out, to the point where the party in power gets the blame. The GDP going even a little bit negative over a few quarters is enough to really shake things up; too many entities in our economic system are addicted to endless growth.

Crocodile

We won't get this back.

Morally I don't think they can let this slide. If ACA stood, they could've done some quick fixes. If ACA gets blown up, they have to put a new system in place. Dems WILL be running on Healthcare for the foreseeable future.

Zyae

We won't get this back.

Its only like the first or second top issue to Americans. You are wrong.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Couldn't disagree more.

This will be the attack point for the party and if they do get back into party, will at least try to get single payer through.

We couldn't get a public option 8 years ago with a supermajority in the Senate. Single payer is a pipe dream in the US.

I was a true believer in my 20s. I've grown older and more realistic about where our country is.

Xe4

Banned
No, the rage this will cause will lead to public option or Medicare for All.
Not gonna happen. The only time dems pick up like they did in '08 is a shitty R president & a recession. Plus, unlike Obamacare, a public option would face heavy lobbying against it and republicans would repeal it anyways, because they don't give a shit about making people uninsured.

Top Bottom